Wibbly-wobbly… timey-wimey… stuff…

Home Forums Where The Children Play Geek Talk Wibbly-wobbly… timey-wimey… stuff…

• This topic is empty.

Wibbly-wobbly… timey-wimey… stuff…

• A very hearty ‘Allo to you all, fellow Whovians of TSU!

This is the space to show your love for and discuss what has been certified as the longest running and most succesful science fiction series on TV (Guinness certified).

As well as the traditional fan-gushing, please also make sure that you introduce yourself by stating;

1.) When you first began watching Doctor Who; why you started, and what got you hooked.

2.) Your first Doctor.

3.) The Doctor you consider to be ‘your’ Doctor (if he’s different from your first); and why.

4.) Your favorite episode(s).

5.) Your favorite monster(s)/creature(s).

6.) Your favorite quote(s).

Then, after answering all that, you can get onto whatever else you’d like to say about this amazing, amazing show (because you just WANT to).

Allons-y!

N.B.: In discussing ‘your’ Doctor please be respectful and do not disparage other’s Doctors. This organization, above all, strives to mantain harmony and cohesion amongst its members, and falling into a “___ is the best Doctor because X,Y and Z, and ____ is the worst because X, Y and Z” argument will put a bit of a dent in that. So, still be passionate and have your own opinions, just be respectful of others, because this little digital bunker is a haven from the negative divisiveness and fights that permeate the rest of the internet-let’s not drag that in here, kay?

– Well Wishes and Gallifreyan Time-Sickness Tablets,
      Dr. Sheilagh R. Elfinstone, D. Pr. M.

• ReficulNatas
      Participant

1.) When you first began watching Doctor Who; why you started, and what got you hooked.
      I started watching Doctor Who 4 days ago. I love the humour on the show, I have never seen a series that had me laugh so hard or so much.

2.) Your first Doctor.
      The Ninth.

3.) The Doctor you consider to be

• 1.) When you first began watching Doctor Who; why you started, and what got you hooked.

I first saw one of the movies back in the mid 70’s. Dr.Who and the Daleks
      Part of a B-Movie marathon.
      I Loved the Daleks!

2.) Your first Doctor.

Peter Cushing

• Chaplain Gumdrop
      Participant

1.) When you first began watching Doctor Who; why you started, and what got you hooked. I started watching Doctor Who after an ex-girlfriend wouldn’t stop raving about it. I’d seen an episode before and enjoyed it, but I’d just never started the series proper until about a year and a half ago.

2.) Your first Doctor. Technically I suppose it would be 10, since my very first episode was the one where he meets the devil thing. But I started watching the show at series one of the reboot. So as a fan it would have been 9.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Hi! I’m Geoff, and I’m a Whovian…

I started down this wibbly-wobbly path at the tender age of 8, watching the Fourth Doctor fight off nasties with UNIT, then whisking off into space in this wonderful blue box.  I’m quite taken with the Fourth, and also with Eleven (but you never forget your first Doctor).  I’m not sure, but I think my favourite villians are definitely the classic Cybermen and the Imperial Daleks (the skittles daleks are weird and teh cybus-men odd).  Oh, and you can’t forget the Cult of Skaro… Daleks capable of independent thought… WOOO!

As for quotes…well… “Would you like a Jelly Baby” suffices in most situations.

• Corporal Frost
      Participant

1. I was thirteen when I first saw The Doctor battling space nasties. Its was after the Reboot

2. My first Doctor was Nine

3. My Doctor has to be Tennant. Echelson got me interested, Tennant got me hooked

4.My favorite episode is “When a good man goes to war”

5.The Weeping Angels. (They scare the be-jeezus outa me)

6. “I shall make the most GLORIOUS milk”

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

I’d seen the odd old episode and I already knew about the show but it wasn’t until the reboot that I really started watching

2.) Your first Doctor.

Tom Baker was the first one I saw…I think

Christopher Eccelston is the first Doctor that I started watching

3.) The Doctor you consider to be ‘your’ Doctor (if he’s different from your first); and why.

David Tennent because he’s an amazing actor and he just made a great Doctor. He was funny and he seemed more human than some of the rest what with him falling in love with Rose and how he deals with losing her throughout seasons 3 and 4 and because I actually teared up when he said “I don’t want to go”

4.) Your favorite episode(s).

Not even gonna try and answer this one, there are far too many to choose from

5.) Your favorite monster(s)/creature(s).

Again, this is a difficult one but I’d have to say it probably comes down to a three way tie between The Weeping Angels (Cause they’re both cool and terrifying, and their power is both beautiful and cruel), The Daleks (Cause they’re the Daleks) and kid from The Empty Child because he scared the poop outa me

6.) Your favorite quote(s).

Can’t say I have one to be honest

Matt Smith is my second favourite Doctor he’s very good but he’s just a lil bit too wacky for my liking

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.