Why I Am Still a Toy Soldier: Film Project

Home Forums Missions Why I Am Still a Toy Soldier: Film Project

• This topic is empty.

Why I Am Still a Toy Soldier: Film Project

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
      Participant

NEW MISSION!

Create a short film, and post it on YouTube. The subject of the film will be, “Why I am still a Toy Soldier, and why Dr. Steel and his message is still relevant in a post-Dr. Steel world.”

Once you

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
      Participant

-post deleted-

• I plan to do such a video soon… just may be a while.lol

• jedimom
      Participant

i will make one for sure! Might take me a few weeks. So much going on…

• i will definitely do this ! :]

Sky Marshal Jonathan Baines “Jonny B.” Goode:
      NEW MISSION!

Create a short film, and post it on YouTube. The subject of the film will be,

• Lt. Loz Tronic
      Participant

I’m up for this.

• Caspar Byron
      Participant

Definitely down for this. Will slowly work towards something. :)

• i have a question , when is the deadline ? and where do i send the video too ? :]

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
      Participant

Corporal Revosolutiion:
      i have a question , when is the deadline ? and where do i send the video too ? :]

Post the video on YouTube, then post a link to it here.

Currently there is no deadline, at least not until I get my video platform back up and running.

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

Finally! Something video related! Now this is what I’m good at! I will most certainly post a video! It shall be added to my list of things to do. Challenge Accepted!

• okay cool , so i dont have to rush or anything then , because there is alot i would like to say :]

thanks for getting back to me !

Sky Marshal Jonathan Baines “Jonny B.” Goode: Post the video on YouTube, then post a link to it here.

Currently there is no deadline, at least not until I get my video platform back up and running.

• I have finished my small little “script” and i am going to put it too video tomorow night and i will have it posted :] all still happening yes ?

love and light

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
      Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve visited this thread; real life concerns have taken my focus away. Sadly, I haven’t seen that anyone has made any yet, and I haven’t yet recorded my own video either – I’m not sure at the moment whether the dinosaur I’m currently on can handle the project. But I’ve written the script for it, so in order to rekindle interest in the project, here is what I have so far.

Greetings! Sky Marshal Goode here, for the Army of Toy Soldiers.

I want to spend just a few moments talking about something I think is really important. Namely: Why I am still a Toy Soldier, in a post-Dr. Steel world.

Now we all know – but for the benefit of those who are not and have never been Toy Soldiers, I’ll explain – that the Army of Toy Soldiers was begun as the fan club and street team to promote that fabulous musician and entertainer, Dr. Phineas Waldolf Steel. And if you’ve never heard of Dr. Steel before, do yourself a favor: pause this video, and search on Youtube for Dr. Steel and watch a few of his fun videos, then come back. I’ll wait right here.

Back now? Good, I’ll continue. Now, unfortunately, as those of us who are or have been Toy Soldiers are probably already painfully aware, Dr. Steel retired a couple of years ago. This was a time that was traumatic for all of us, and all of us reacted in different ways. Some in anger, some in sadness, some in denial. And many people decided to walk away from the Toy Soldiers at that time, figuring, “What’s the point?”

But I’m still here. Why? That’s the point of this video, now isn’t it? Well, besides all of the fun people I’ve met in TSU, and the crazy times I’ve had…

We all knew Dr. Steel as a musician, and as an entertainer. But he was more than that to us Toy Soldiers, as we all know. He was our leader. And he was a philosopher, who instilled in us all the idea that FUN should be our top priority in life, that a toy could be anything that made us happy, and that if enough people embraced this philosophy, we could transform the world into a Utopian Playland!

He also showed us that we are controlled by the media, by the government, by the powers that be, or as he termed it, the “alien illuminati.” That in order to put fun as our first priority, we first had to have our eyes opened to this fact, and see the world in a new way. He tore aside the curtain and showed us the man behind it pulling the strings. Encouraged us to think outside the box, explore our untapped and stifled creativity.

Now, I ask you: Now that Dr. Steel is no longer with us… has anything really changed? Are we not still “a people controlled by fear”? Do we not still desire first and foremost to have fun, to enjoy life? And is that not a good thing still? Are we still not discouraged from this pursuit? And would it not be a better world if we all still strove toward this goal?

No, nothing has changed. Dr. Steel’s philosophy is still valid. Perhaps now more than ever. Nothing at all has changed except that our Leader has stepped aside, and like toddlers, we have now been forced to walk out into this world on our own. We were – and are – a fan club, HIS fan club… but we’ve always been something more, and that also hasn’t changed. As Dr. Steel himself said, “this is a MOVEMENT, to which my Toy Soldiers WILL attest!”

This, folks, is why I am still a Toy Soldier. Because while we can no longer promote the MAN, at least not in the same way we did in the past, the MESSAGE that man gave us still needs to be promoted. People NEED this message, and it is up to US to bring it to them. It is to Dr. Steel’s message of the Utopian Playland that the Army of Toy Soldiers today continues to dedicate itself to. And while we are making small baby steps now, as the Doc said, “the Army will continue to grow, until it cannot be ignored!”

If you used to be a Toy Soldier and left, because you thought there was no longer any point to it, do come back. There is so much still to do, and we’ve only just begun! If you’re just now learning about the mad toymaker who was Dr. Phineas Waldolf Steel and his ideals, join the Army of Fun now, because we need you too!

And remember: Only YOU can help US make over the world!

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.