What’s been your favourite video game of 2017?

Home Forums Special Operations Divisions GAME What’s been your favourite video game of 2017?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Captain Dermut 1 year ago.

What’s been your favourite video game of 2017?

• Izunamii
    Participant

Whether it’s a game that came out this year, or one that you started playing this year; which one has been your favorite?

Personally my fave game of 2017 has been Subnautica. There’s nothing more gorgeous and terrifying then exploring the depths of an alien ocean.

Stardew Valley would be my next choice; I can’t wait until multiplayer is added to the game! :D

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Subnautica, eh? That’s on number 2 for me. (We feel the same way on that one)

Ark: Survival Evolved is on number 1. (Dino’s rushing you from the bushes is just as scary. Ark is more mod friendly thus giving more option for play)

With that Shadowrun pack (SR returns, Dragonfall and Hong Kong) I bought sitting pretty at number 3. (Some interesting storytelling there.)

• Izunamii
    Participant

Dinosaurs are always fun, I’m hoping to get Saurian at some point!

Hadn’t heard of Shadowrun til you mentioned it, it looks like an interesting game, I like the style. Might check it out sometime. :)

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Reading this had suddenly made me realise I’ve not purchased a single current game this year O.O

• Izunamii
    Participant

Fair enough. Mind you the Christmas sales are upon us so if you were after anything in particular, you might be able to get it on sale.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

I was considering getting Forza 7…

• Izunamii
    Participant

Nice. I’m hoping to get PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Pubg, eh? Heard some good things about it, even though it’s not really my kind of game.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

I think one of my big problems recently is I’ve become uninterested in a lot of recent releases as they seem to “online play” centered. I know its not true of all games but its kinda put me off buying stuff.

• Izunamii
    Participant

Yeah, usually I avoid online multiplayer games because a lot of them have toxic communities, but some of my friends are getting it too so maybe it won’t be so bad with a group of us. Otherwise I probably wouldn’t bother.

I admit I do get nostalgic for older platformers like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Spyro, and the like, but I guess they are bringing out Okami out in HD so that’s cool. Still would be nice to see new games of that genre though, instead of just revamping or remaking the old ones. I miss the cartoonish worlds and silly sense of humor.

• Fallout 3: The Pitt DLC I know it’s really old now but i’ve only just started this DLC (Didn’t have a lot of interest in it before because of what I heard about the plot/premise , it’s been amaaaazing.

• Izunamii
    Participant

Nice! :D I’ve been meaning to try out the Fallout series for myself at some point.

• Really good, although I personally wouldn’t bother with fallout 4 (just personal choice really)

Fallout 3/ New Vegas are truly awesome games and they get much better when you role play in them! (hours of gameplay)

if you have a pc get them on there…. you can use the geck kit provided by bethesda and download mods to make the game unique….

to be honest they’re a little bit of an “acquired taste” some people love them some people….. not so much.

If you want a game that’s got a little bit of everything (shooter, rpg) fallouts 3/new vegas come highly recommended (try some of the earlier 2d entries if you want)

• BTW if you want to make fallout 3 more immersive and challenging, sell fast and travel light (after escape) you’ll understand when you play! also do everything sequentially and don’t speedrun or do the dlcs first (this pretty much nerfs your gameplay experience)

fallout new vegas is one of my all time favourites however the engine was pretty outdated (leftover from FO:3)

• Izunamii
    Participant

I do have New Vegas on Steam, but I haven’t played it yet.

I’ve played a lot of Oblivion and Skyrim, so I know Bethseda can have some, uh… interesting controls so that’s no problem.

But I’ll take your word on things. Thanks for the tips! :D

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.