What Made Your Day Today?

Home Forums Where The Children Play What Made Your Day Today?

This topic contains 779 replies, has 108 voices, and was last updated by  Spymaster General Danov Valravn 2 weeks ago.

What Made Your Day Today?

• Lillium
    Participant
  • Lillium
    Participant

Yay! New site!

• Cadeon
    Participant

Yay! People Using the New Site!

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Seeing the new site (better late than never). Love it! Just need to get used to the forums :)

• Commander JET
    Participant

This new site is looking fantastic! Glad to see you all here!:D

• Cadeon
    Participant

:) It’s Monday.

Also, post #1234

• Kraken
    Participant

Checking out this swish new site.
    Oh, and smashing through two thirds of my assessed essay in a mere 3 hours. BAWSS.

• What made my day today? THIS SITE. :mrgreen:

• Poking around this new website.

• Admiral AN-G
    Participant

WOO HOO NEW SITE!

• I realize that this may have possibly maybe been alluded to by other people as well also, but this site made my day!

• Commander JET
    Participant

Yay! Glad to see you all here! :D

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Nothing made my day. This new site though? It’s made my YEAR!

• T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

I am tickled! teehee hahahaha ! YAY!!!!! Woohoo!!! :mrgreen:

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!11one1eleventyone1!!

• T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

TSU! :-D

-an amendment to my last post :)

• Capt. Nolin Vultrus
    Participant

Finding a bunch of pizza trays on my way back from buying supplies to make Pizza! then making the pizza with a friend. and finally going to a dance audition and learning a new style! I had a really great day! then my day got even better when I finally got my account on the NEW SITE!!! :D

Live Life to tthe Fullest!

• Lt. Loz Tronic
    Participant

I’ve had a scary telephone interview for a job I reeeeeally want, then I won an interview at an assessment centre which was pretty difficult, and I’ve just found out I’ve got to the final interview stage! Squeeeeee!
    *gulp*

And, OF COURSE, this website is ace. 8)

• Captain Roberta
    Participant

Two things. New Site and I record my podcast today!

• Perkeo
    Participant

My friend calling me over to his house to drink on a rainy day.

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

showing my mother the swedish ordinary regular meal time video from youtube. priceless!

• Cadeon
    Participant

Finally getting the forum colors consistent. That’s what made my day.

I think I can make them better, still, but at least they are consistent now.

• Professor Falconer
    Participant

Seeing this new site!

• Lt. Loz Tronic
    Participant

A client at my work, a 45-year-old man with autism spectrum syndrome, has never uttered a word in his life.
    Today he pointed to a picture and said the word ‘apple’. That has not only made my day, but also my entire career. That’s what it’s all about :)

• Raptor
    Participant

Wow Loz, that’s incredible!

• Commander JET
    Participant

8-O I have looked at this site about 167 times now..and it keeps getting better..every single time I see it! This is new fun times! *giddy*

To the future! *salutes*

…oh and you have got to see this!:D

• Lt. Loz Tronic
    Participant

Last night my friend and I spent most of the night drinking wine and scrunching our faces up so that we looked like old grannies.
    I just found the photos on my phone :D

• Kraken
    Participant

Ice-cream, the greatest desert known to humankind or otherwise.
    GLORIOUS.

• Captain Roberta
    Participant

Played Magicka!

• Capt. Nolin Vultrus
    Participant

Dinally fished making my planes for my goggles!

• Kraken
    Participant

Till-hammering to Rammstein.
    Sometimes, it’s the little things that make the biggest impact, I find.

• Missus Tea
    Participant

I have a turkey in the oven and a pot of soup stock going–the house smells wonderful! :)

• Pennant
    Participant

got to see that girl I like, advantage: me
    =3

• Capt. Nolin Vultrus
    Participant

getting to go to knotts for free, good friends to go with, and getting to give the really cute girl a ride home :D

• Lt. Loz Tronic
    Participant

My other half is taking me to Disneyland for my 30th birthday :-D

• Raptor
    Participant

The counter for TS Day is in double digits. 3 months to go. :D

Toodle-pip

• I painted pottery with my Mom, toured a cute little historic town, and tried a delicious sandwich I’ve never had before AND today is my Birthday!! :)

• Captain Roberta
    Participant

Found a gift for my mother who is notoriously hard to shop for.

• Greenghost
    Participant

Lol I so called it! Amongst my friends I’ve become the go to guy when someone needs a paper craft thing done so we can make it into a prop or costume. So when my friend posted he got addicted to Skyrim I had a feeling he was gonna come ask me to make the helmet and i knew there was a file for it already. About a week later I get the question. Lol I just find it so amusing that I was able to call it. Well I’m off now. Lots of homework and studying.

• Azrael-99
    Participant

I’M BACK !!!!!!!!!!

• Lt. Loz Tronic
    Participant

I got the job!! :D :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Just sitting down not doing anything and listening to music.

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Having the courage and the emotional strength to announce myself in a relationship…. I’m getting better.

• Listening to the Audio Propaganda.

• Greenghost
    Participant

Whoo hoo I got two possible events to go to next month! One is a open cosplay photoshoot. The Shadow will emerge once more for his debut muh ha ha ha ha! The second one is to go out and help support an MDA event. They wanted costumed characters and mascots to cheer on the runners, pass out water, just in general brighten everyones day and help out. I’m excited to go to this. If I can I’ll sneak in my Dr. Steel pin somewhere on my costume.

• Lt. Loz Tronic
    Participant
  • YJ Grimm
    Participant

My dinner was a success ^_^ Also I made good turkey!

• Missus Tea
    Participant

My new Han Solo/Boba Fett mug :-D

• Reading these posts… I awwwed and smiled the whole way through. I even clapped once or twice.
    ~Lady B.

• J.F.C. Broken Loony
    Participant

Caution: Toilet Humor

One of my managers at work yesterday had me nearly on the floor with laughter by smply saying he had a ‘bad case of mudbutt’ and went on to describe his diet for the day which was simply comprised of coffee, sugar, and cookies. Would not have expected such a phrase to come from his mouth…but it did.

Also, I get a whole 5 days off from work for the Holiday.

• Dr. Elfinstone
    Participant

Drinking a seriously GOOOOD cup of hot cocoa, while eating yummy holiday shortbread cookies, and watching the Dr. Steel Chrismas Special.

• Greenghost
    Participant

My very long and overdue project of about four years now is finally seeing some progress and may actually see the day of light. I can’t believe I was able to make three helmets in pepakura in about a week and I still have two more to make. Sweet business is booming I love it.

• Cadeon
    Participant

Got home from an amazing day, decided to check my (physical) mail for the first time in a long time. . . and found it full of Christmas cards!

Wow. Just wow.

• Missus Tea
    Participant

I DON’T have to go back to work tomorrow! The Powers That Be realized that if they made everyone come back to work on Monday, the third shift guys would be back at work right NOW, while it was still January 1st(and technically it IS Monday for them right now) and that that might not be a Good Idea, considering how most of us celebrate New Year’s :wink:

So I get one more day of doing nothing!!!!!!*happydance*

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Its a bit late, but celebrating me and Iron’s first anniversary, and the decision that when all the nonsense with my work is over I’m going to start getting the wheels in motion to move in with him.

• ^ The statement above.

This chocolate father christmas given to me by my Dad ^w^

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Sending third set of patches today. First ones for a lucky UK soldier.

• Sergeant Larks
    Participant

I got off work early today after hard labor all week. Then I learned I wouldn’t have to work this weekend.

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Hanging out with some soldiers and making new friends last night :)

Also my boss sticking up for me. Quite a lot. While there’s still no trust, respect is starting to mount up.

• Screenwriting not due in till friday! I thought it was due monday.

• Evelfa
    Participant

I got 2 pairs of boots for the price of 1 through the websites mistake of sending me 2 pairs :D

• Lt. Loz Tronic
    Participant

Last day of my job today…45 minutes left, woot!!

• Sergeant Larks
    Participant

Didn’t have to work today by some miracle of the boss deciding to give me the day off for no good reason other than that he would have had to pick me up and didnt want to.

SCORE

• Lillium
    Participant

Customer was so grateful for the advice I gave him for his trip to Nepal, he bought me a pair of handmade alpaca wool gloves from Nepal to say “thank you”.

• Commander Radar
    Participant

My brother and I sat in the same room, for a large amount of time, without saying one bad word to each other. Roll on the good times!!!

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

My first day off in a week

• Catching up with old friends.

• Commander JET
    Participant

8-O Well well! It’s the Funky Fresh Fancy Ms.B!!
    Yes..I believe that made my day!
    Good to see you around lady! :wink:

• Raptor
    Participant

I spent the day with a friend. We also signed up for sword fighting lessons :D

• Being serenaded and dancing the Pulp Fiction dance to the soundtrack on my porch at 2am with the man thing.

• Azrael-99
    Participant

I PASSED 2 IMPORTANT EXAM WITH HONOR !!!!!!!!
    a GMAW exam with 85% (GMAW= MIG a welding technique and equipment)
    and a math exam with: 90% !!!!!!!!!!

i NEVER had a as good result in a math test EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I had pumpkin soup for the first time today and I LOVED IT!!!!

• Raptor
    Participant

A delightful, yet short, conversation with our one and only Loz Tronic :)

• Missus Tea
    Participant

I’m home in my fuzzy pj pants drinking a pina colada :)

• Zapper
    Participant

We’re spending the school day singing children’s songs and playing.. All day. YAY!

• He did the dishes. :)

• If you were to ask “What made my WEEK?”, I would reply with just three little words;

DERPY. HOOVES. TALKED.

• Finally get to see Orgy live. This has been 13 years in the making. I feel like a school girl again!

• Artist formerly known as YJB:
    Finally get to see Orgy live. This has been 13 years in the making. I feel like a school girl again!

“How does it feel?” Tee hee, sorry, lame Blue Monday reference.

What made my day?
    Being off of work.
    Getting some of my room clean.
    and drinking this awesome Raspberry Lemonade!

• I seriously feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now.

• Missus Tea
    Participant

Today is the Mr’s birthday–he took the whole day off work, I just did half a day so he could have his “man time.” I left for work early, stopped by Jaarsma Bakery and got him some goodies(some for me too) and on the way home got fixings for awesome margaritas. He had steaks going on the grill and I did asparagus and onion rings and now I am full and buzzing from the margaritas….ahhhhhh

• Jema B.
    Participant

Getting up at an early time, on a Saturday… 0_o

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

new shirts fit.

• Missus Tea
    Participant

Ben and Jerry’s Karamel Sutra ice cream….. :mrgreen:

• Pennant
    Participant

organising a music festival apparently, seems fine ;D

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

Shilling for Finnish film producers.
    http://www.ironsky.net/?trailer

I have been waiting for this film for a few years… and it’s finally coming!

• Evelfa
    Participant

Me and Jazz have been together 6 months today. Thats half a year! Where does the time go? O_o

• 2 things made my day YESTERDAY; unexpected Twilight Zone marathon on Scy-Fy, night out w/good buddies at an English pub that happened to have my FAVORITE soda in the whole-wide-world, Irn-Bru! :D

• Cadeon
    Participant

Completing my latest music video, which is uploading now. :-D

• Commander JET
    Participant

I got a stuffed Devil and a Rose for V-day! <3 :-D

• Jema B.
    Participant

Realizing that I get to go on Vacation next week. :mrgreen:

• Cadeon
    Participant
  • Nurse Imbri
    Participant

Only three shifts left!

• Lt. Loz Tronic
    Participant

I’m getting married!

• Missus Tea
    Participant

Took Athena to the vet Thursday morning thinking that we would have to have her put to sleep. The vet checked her out and discovered she has really bad knee and hip joint degeneration, but gave us some meds to give her for the pain and in the two days since we’ve been there, she is up and moving and doesn’t cry when she tries to get up. I know that realistically, she IS 12 years old and that is ancient for a rott/black lab mix, but I still have my Athena-wiener with me and she feels better so I feel better. Knowing she would be here at home waiting for me when I got home from work this afternoon was just the best thing ever.

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

I decided to clear out my drafts folder, and I found some writing snippets which I had been working on over the past few years. Now to clean them up and post them!

• Nurse Imbri
    Participant

Experiencing “My Drunk Kitchen” for the first time with awesome guys that help me pack boxes.

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

This =>
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aHjpOzsQ9YI#![/video]

• Seeing Yoda lives.

• Commander JET
    Participant

At Target I got these Birthday Cake Oreos! They have this Funfetti frosting stuff in them! It’s Genius! :)

• MarleyCupcake
    Participant

Commander JET:
    At Target I got these Birthday Cake Oreos! They have this Funfetti frosting stuff in them! It

• Greenghost
    Participant

I got some very needed supplies to get a helmet I’ve been commissioned to do and started on a little fun side project for myself. I’m a bit excited for it.

• Zapper
    Participant

That the weather is finally starting to get better in Denmark.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

A 1TB hard drive just arrived within less than 10 hours of my mate having called to say he’s posted it. It’s full of movies and anime. FULL. I owe this man several things I wouldn’t give to any other man. Mainly mead.

• Greenghost
    Participant

Had a great day out trooping as The Shadow and promoting and TS pins making it’s way onto my coat. But the best part was this older gentleman was totally surprised to see me but really happy too. He told me he remembers growing up listening to The Shadow on the radio. I was so ecstatic to hear that! And the original Shadow series played on the radio 60 years ago! I felt really happy to bring back a part of this gentleman’s childhood to life and show it is still alive among the younger generation.

• This made my YEAR, possibly my life; Found out that I’m in the same Scottish clan as David Tennant.

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

My new toy arrived at my office today. I will now be playing with my Lenovo K1 tablet fo the rest of the week. *glee*

• VNV Nation made my day in Cleveland this evening. And guess what? Ronan Harris truly is a leprechaun!

[Image Can Not Be Found]

(I’m the short one on the left :) )

• Corporal YJ Watts
    Participant

Seeing the old forums back up! Woo!

• Watching the first part of “Daleks in Manhattan” with my Mom this morning. :)

*has quickly become an obscenely rabid DT fangirl in the space of about a week, more DT related nerdgasm-tastic news to come*

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

the delivery of my new soviet great coat, its cool, and heavy and…..sterling! now all i need are the patches to sow on it. hurry dutchy my boy hurry!

• MarleyCupcake
    Participant

Me: Suggests an Irish pub to try out their extensive whiskey collection on St. Patrick’s day.
    Husband: “I knew you weren’t a dainty lass, but dang woman. That sounds pretty hardcore. And expensive. And taking-a-taxi-times.”

Not sure if it was a compliment, but I’ll take it as one. :-P

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

100 year anniversary birthday cake Oreo cookies. They has sprinkles in them and taste like cake. O_O

• Commander JET
    Participant

Tinker the paper lord:
    100 year anniversary birthday cake Oreo cookies. They has sprinkles in them and taste like cake. O_O

So excellent! The bag lasted 2 days in my house! I must acquire more! :wink:

• I got a 97 on my English Lit midterm essay.
    It’s even more awesome because we study graphic novels, so there is much geekery mixed in with the “thinky thoughts.”

• MarleyCupcake
    Participant

Made my final car payment today, a year early even! She’s all mine :-D

• There was a big, bright double rainbow outside today.

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Just playing with my LEGO…

• Watched The Sporting Life last night, and to my very nerdy glee it had Richard Harris AND William Hartnell in it; Young 1st Dumbledore + 1st Doctor + Brilliant British New Wave Film = Me VERY Happy

• Jade Valor
    Participant

well my Dreams make my day! i am a Dreamer! i long to be in my own world all the time. so the biggest thing that keeps me going through out the day is that night and Sleep comes at the end! then i have time to dream some more!

[End Message]

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

One of the best local invasions I think we’ve ever done… and we got called back to do it again.
    And some of the propaganda we distributed resulted in a request to exhibit in a different venue!

Woo!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

i am Learning to draw! i have made many characters over the years in the games i play and the anime and manga i watch and read and i have wanted to learn to draw so i can see them on paper…i am normally piss poor artist but i am improving and it has made me a very happy man!

[End Message]

• Possibly, maybe, kinda, sorta getting a job interview today. I’m not sure if its an actual interview but they want to speak to me after my CV and a phonecall….

• Apothecary Chrysalice:
    Possibly, maybe, kinda, sorta getting a job interview today. I

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Seeing 50 new members since i joined last week!

[End Message]

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

two pairs of sun glasses that i lost…have just been found! get in!

• Zapper
    Participant

Made my day? More like made my entire week.. MONTH!

I finished my final exam paper!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

I not only finished my power point yesterday but presented and got near perfect score! i am so relived! :D

• Jade Valor
    Participant

well i had a very fun week end. i went over to a friends house and we sparred, shot and sliced jugs of water, kicked each others butts on video games! we also found so geo-caches near Burger King & and ice cream shop!

[End Message]

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

I just got shanghai’d onto my first pirate crew. And then they roped me into being quartermaster (probably ‘cuz i brough the cap’n rum and the rest of the able-bodied smokes and soda). And here I was thinkin’ I was just goin’ ta’ a party.

• Greenghost
    Participant

My client, a friend really, likes the helmet I made. Even though it’s weird she asked another one of my friends to make another. Strange…. So happy about that since I’ve done nothing but worrying over it for the last three months but needs more work.

Now I’m apparently the pepakura guy in my costume group. Which is kinda cool since my friends they practically make professional grade costumes and they like what I make enough to send people my way if they got questions. So yeah that’s cool.

My Rocketeer helmet and jetpack is coming along really well. The kid in my wants to spill out and run around the yard and pretend I’m flying with the helmet and jetpack. But it’s not done yet.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

my check came in yesterday $75 might not sound like much but i have been low on work presently so i take any money i can get! i guess people are hesitant to hire an 18 year old for odd jobs in construction…well anyway. i am finally going to buy my toy soldier patches and buy black dye to redye my dress uniform (my brother bleached them) so i can start looking authentic soon! YEAHA! :mrgreen:

• Admiral AN-G
    Participant

I got the O.K. to start a project I wanted to do!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! :mrgreen:

• Jade Valor
    Participant

ITs my birthday today….but once again i had to be reminded of it at around 1400 hours! lol i can never remember my own birthday! :mrgreen:

[End Message]

• I didn’t get around to the forum yesterday, but I have pavilion seats for the Mayhem Festival at the Blossom in OH. 18th 8th row from the stage.

Slayer. :)

EDIT: I misread my ticket information. Upon a closer examination of the Blossom’s seating chart and my ticket order, I’m only 8 rows from the stage, not 18.

• Cadeon
    Participant

Showing up to find the forums mostly back to normal colors.

• Professor Falconer
    Participant

Seeing we’ve got 1000 members!

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Having a really good few days work, which will be followed by 2 weeks solid work. Working is gooooooood.

• spending this past weekend with a awesome girl and seeing her this weekend as well

Happy Captain is happy

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Three mosquito’s in a single swat.

Today’s a good day.

• I’m finally getting around to spending my tax refund. I’m going to be upgrading my gaming PC with a new motherboard, cpu, ram, and video card.

I just started shopping around for parts yesterday. I can’t wait! :)

• Mr. UPS Man came to my door today and delivered the first batch of new computer parts that I ordered. :)

• Jade Valor
    Participant

MY SEGA DREAMCAST came in yesterday!!! its a big blast from my past! and its just as i remember it…pure awesomeness! :mrgreen:

[End Message]

• Cadeon
    Participant

@jadevalor

OMG wow Dreamcasti are fun. I did everything there is to do with one, everything from running Linux on it to running to modifying games. Perhaps my favorite was my soundtrack replacement on MVC2:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbnwNYXaLSY[/video]

• Jade Valor
    Participant

wow! hats bloody amazing! ya i have herd all the stuff you can do to modify them so i think i might tinker with it. :D

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Just for Dutch…

Dropbears in their natural habitat.

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Seeing this thread has twice as much entries as the “what din’t make your day” thread.

• Ordered the second batch of parts for my PC upgrade. They should be in sometime next week. :)

• Jade Valor
    Participant

getting TSU patches soon. hoping to order them this week! ill be official! :D

[End Message]

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Being awarded YJ, and Jack and Kipling’s YJ as well. Also finding how many well whishers I’ve got in the army <3

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Picking up Skylanders for my munchkin and finding out that the bad guy, Kaos, is voiced by the guy that did Zim. Not only that, but he even uses the Zim voice and all the stuff that makes Zim well, Zim. It was hilarious when I heard him talking. I almost fell off my couch laughing. :D

Also, what YJ Grimm posted above me. That’s just EPIC!

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

bucks fizz!

• Nobody
    Participant

Seeing that picture of all the bear cubs in the tree that the paper lord posted. Those little guys are ADORABLE!! <:D

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Silent-H:
    Seeing that picture of all the bear cubs in the tree that the paper lord posted. Those little guys are ADORABLE!! <:d

No, THIS is Adorable! :mrgreen:

[End Message]

• Sooo… I was staring at my big pile of pc components today and was wondering what I could do to make things look awesome once I get my motherboard and processor delivered and can shove everything into my case…

I also just happened to notice how my spools of see-thru green and purple rexlace glow under UV lighting.

With a lot of cobra stitching I made the cables from both my modular power supply and the tubing on my Kuhler 620 UV green and purple. :)

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Listing to swing Jazz yea! and no school as i have missed my van :P

[End Message]

• My cpu, motherboard, and video card came in the mail today. Now I’ve got all of my parts! :)

• Jade Valor
    Participant

I HAVE MY OWN SERVER NOW!! YEHA! its an old legacy server (Compaq Proliant 1500) and uses SIMM moduals for RAM but its MY server and im going to make it work! :mrgreen:

[End Message]

• Just got tix for the lady and me to do an invasion of The Devil’s Carnival movie. It will be her first mission as a Toy Soldier :mrgreen:

http://thedevilscarnival.com/

• Nobody
    Participant

What really made my day a whole lot better today despit an agonizing migraine was Lucas Usagi’s professional and highly informative and helpful advice on recording equipment and programs. His advice will definately help me out in the future. Thank you very much, Lucas. :)

• Nobody
    Participant

*despite. Sorry. Don’t ya hate typos? Lol. :P

• Jade Valor
    Participant

MY remembrance of Toonami…IT WILL RETURN SOMEDAY!!!!!!

[End Message]

• pheasant
    Participant

The satisfaction of handing in my DIO, (Exam assignment thingy) which means I have a lill time to focus on drawings, social life and finally get some sleep. :)

• Sergeant Larks
    Participant

I never try to push religion onto other people, being that I’ve never really been religious, but I found a spirituality in myself. I’ve decided to become Pagan/Wiccan, though I don’t know which Path I’ll follow because I haven’t researched that far, but whatever I feel is right is actually right with this religion.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

getting through to a friend about God and making general progress in getting rid of his anti-socialism hes a lot happier lately and seems to be getting out more. :D
    also I GOT MY GRAD PAPERS TURNED IN! which means i now have no worries about failing my senior YEAR! YAHOO!
    :mrgreen:

[End Message]

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

I got a raise today. Wo0t! I finally broke the $50k a year mark. WOOHOO!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Congratulations Tinker! now you gota work for that $100K mark ;)

but i am very relived that this SPam message from tina123 was indeed just that SPAM. my paranoia was flaring up to very bad lvls and i am currently in school witch is a very dangerous place to be when one is paranoid to “unhealthy” lvls. but im fine now and my day wont start out bad. :D

[End Message]

• Anonymous

Tinker the paper lord:
    I got a raise today. Wo0t! I finally broke the $50k a year mark. WOOHOO!

Hooray for being in a higher tax bracket! :mrgreen: What made my day is that the missus noticed today the fruits of my three hour labors on the yard yesterday.

• Commander JET
    Participant

Way to go Tinker!! ;)

Today at work I asked a woman if she ever watched LOST. She replied “No I have more intelligent things to watch” I said “like what NASCAR?” (which she is obsessed with). She replied “You said it! I didn’t!”

8-O Ummm yeah, hey, I think..I may win on this.. >.>

• I got tired of waiting until after Finals are done to fully upgrade my gaming PC. I popped my new video card in now so I can at least have pretty pretty graphics while I wait for my schedule to clear up.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

@ Commander Jet.
    Yea id say you won that round :D

I got a video camera! the only thing i have to do is find a power cord that fits so i can charge its long drained batteries!

[End Message]

• Anonymous

I FINALLY GOT MY PARTS! :mrgreen:

• Jade Valor
    Participant

WOOHOOO! now are they specific parts you need or a random assortment “mystery” box of parts? the second option is my favorite cause you never know what you might get! :mrgreen:

[End Message]

• Anonymous

A bit of both, actually. :mrgreen:

• Jade Valor
    Participant

i love getting random parts! but it sucks when you have a few boxes of parts..but nothing useful at the time…. my server is so old i only has a VGA port for visuals, and my only monitor has a pin missing (said pin is probably still in the old computer VGA) and i have all these Converters from DVI to VGA and S-Video to S-Video to VGA but nothing i can use! lol it sucks but i love random parts all the same :mrgreen:

[End Message]

• Nobody
    Participant

Well, I was kinda down in the dumps up until I discovered a new group that has a distinct sound that I really admire. They’re called MGMT. I really like that sort of thing. “Electric Feel” is my favorite by them. It made my day. :)

• One final paper done, one more to go, plus an online open-book test to take, then it’s time for summer vacation.

• Anonymous

For less than $30 I purchased a vintage welding mask! Hooray for E-bay! Now I will be able to cut metal without getting black dust in my nose and eyes. While wearing it, I will be known as Solomon Grindy. :D

• Evelfa
    Participant

Well I got YJ in more or less bang on 2 years of actually joining TSU (give or take about a week)

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

I blame Cae.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

my Friend who used to be a Toy soldier is coming back! he introduced me to DR.Steel in the first place and is re-joining the TSU! you might remember him, his name is DR.Jeremiah or DR.J for short.

[End Message]

• Anonymous
  • Brigadier Davis
    Participant

I was finally able to give Lt. Grimm her birthday present, Thanks to Cae!

• I’m done with finals and can now start upgrading my computer once my mom comes home from the hospital! :)

• Anonymous

The Architect sent me a replacement bridge for my goggles. It’s brass now, and looks pretty cool with the copper goggles. That made my day! Oh, so did making my first steampunk book! It is the Employee Manual for Voltor Enterprises, copyrighted 1912. Amazing what you’ll find in a scrapbook store in the bargain bin! :mrgreen:

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Woke up this morning breathing and alive! i guess thats a good start for the day :D

[End Message]

• pheasant
    Participant

I’m slowly, but surely getting better :D ! and I’ve caught wind of neat news (for me that is) free ice cream at the river tomorrow. If anybody lives near Randers (Denmark) then it’s between 11-14 at Guden

• Jade Valor
    Participant

DR.Jeremiah is BACK! the man who first told me about Dr.Steel and the growing Army that supported him! If it wasn’t for Dr.J i would have never had the honor and the Pleasure of meeting your fine people! :mrgreen: but he came back and is with us now!

[End Message]

• I got a 96/100 on one of my final papers. Still waiting for the rest of my grades, though.

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Well done, VeeVee, doubly so taking into account the hard time you had surrounding your mom’s surgery. Hoping the rest of your grades are as good as this one.

• Commander Radar
    Participant

My band now has amazing logos. XD

• Dermut:
    Well done, VeeVee, doubly so taking into account the hard time you had surrounding your mom

• This one’s a two-parter: (A) listening to Stephen Moffat in an interview on NPR (B) hearing Stephen Moffat talking about Doctor Who on NPR.

– Best Wishes and Demon Cough Syrup,
    Dr. Sheilagh R. Elfinstone, D. Pr. M.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

I have finally upgraded to the 21st century! no longer will i be mocked for still using smoke signals! i have a cell Phone! its weird though, i never had one before, never thought i needed one, im 19 now and still am not good at normal teen things like…texting for instance…took me 30 seconds just to text “HI” its like getting a brand new video game back when you would spend countless hours on games and invent ways to make it harder or more fun! its funny im acting like its the newest thing wile everyone around me shrugs because its normal…..its an awkward position but its cool.

[End Message]

• I’ll be taking my mother home from the hospital within the next couple hours. She’s good enough to go now, but the nurses are backed up with several discharges at the moment, so we’re just waiting around until it’s our turn to get the paperwork gone.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

WOOHOO!! glad to hear it VeeVee! its nice to not have to worry about your own mother so im glad shes back :D

[End Message]

• Lillium
    Participant

Hahaha, preacher guy got arrested again.
    He stands outside my shop atleast once a week telling everybody they’re going to hell and I would ignore him except he shouts this a kids.
    I doubt it will be the last I see of him but it was amusing watching the police drag him away in their patrol car.

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Tinker is now the training champion for his office and now the backup for his boss. Wo0t!

Yay for another pay raise coming!

Tinker has been getting his cat6 ‘O’ nine tails ready since he got home. *evilgrin*

• Anonymous

I got my second commission today, and it will be just as fun to create as the first one! :mrgreen:

• Anonymous

New HD camcorder from China came today. After getting the language switched to English, it was a breeze to set up! It takes pretty good pictures too! Can’t wait to shoot my first video with it! Did I mention it only cost $85?

• Got the necessary supplies to start sharpening my comic book making/drawing skills today! :D And a cadet hat for my Toy Soldier uniform!!!

• Greenghost
    Participant

First of four exams are done only three more to go, worked on my Rocketeer helmet and ODST armor and now working on the comms back pack. Pretty productive day in my book.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Lillium:
    Hahaha, preacher guy got arrested again.
    He stands outside my shop atleast once a week telling everybody they

• I’ve been accepted into Job Corps, in spite of being 3 years older than the normal age limit! I’m definitely excited at the prospect of having some intensive vocational training… in welding! Plus it will set down a solid foundation for interviews and such.

There’s limited internet access though, so my presence here and in other places on the interwebs after the 21st will be sporatic and almost non-existant for about a year. But don’t worry, I’ll be back.

• This week’s Minecraft snapshot (unofficial weekly update from Mojang), 12w19a

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

LEGO Bagpiper minifig, with kilt.

That is all.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

im getting better at fire breathing! its sooooo much fun! be careful with the ever-changing winds though or youll find the fire 2 inches from your face! im currently working on getting a fire breath that lasts for longer than a half second. :D

[End Message]

• I started putting my gaming PC together today. I’m still waiting on a couple last-minute parts (I need longer screws for my push/pull config on the Kuhler 620 cooler and won’t be able to go the hardware store until Thursday), but I’ve busied myself installing some other parts into the case.

• My 6-core gaming rig is now functional. There’s still some tidying up to do (I think the cable management could look a little less ghettotastic than it is right now), but everything is running well. :)

• Kipling
    Participant

The exhibition went off without a hitch last night, we’ve had some incredible feedback, particularly from some rather important people so all in all I’m rather chuffed :)

• Got a copy of Diablo III today. :)

• Zapper
    Participant

Got a new computer! I can finally play decent video games again. :mrgreen:

• Anonymous

I start my staycation today! :mrgreen:

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

*om*nom*nom* Green Curry

• Evelfa
    Participant

1700+ photos taken at the weekends expo invasion O_O

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Rev. Geoff Nicholson:
    *om*nom*nom* Green Curry

Green curry? i LOVE CURRY in fact my dream is to open up a Curry House someday! but anyway, i am Graduating from High school! and im happy!

[End Message]

• Commander Radar
    Participant

My poem “Hindsight” was published in the Clare Champion newspaper. Yay. ><

• Zapper
    Participant

Having the day off and going to meet up with some friends I haven’t seen in a couple of years tomorrow, yay! :mrgreen:

• Jade Valor
    Participant

going to be selling myself off as a Handy man for hire at my church….man sometimes finding a job takes more work than actually working….curse the economy! oh and im started modifying my Nerf gun for the competition…..BUT I AM FRESH OUT OF thin Rubber hose for modifications! and i lost my gauge for it….but on the other hand i have found a new anime that makes me laugh alot, its called Sgt.Frog they shatter the 4th wall into tiny pieces in the first episode, and after that point their is no 4th wall! so my days going fine right now.

[End Message]

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

I helped save 2 dozen or so ducklings and their mother today. They were all huddled in the shoulder lane of an 8 lane section of Deerfoot trail (a beast of a highway that runs through the city) and looked like they were going to try and cross, so I stopped behind them with my blinkers on and called the roads & highways animal guys and waited until they arrived.

Yay me!

On a side note… Karma and the universe teamed up on me an hour later and I locked my keys in my car…

• Pvt. Caine
    Participant

Finishing the prologue for the fantasy novel I’m working on.

Oh, and finding the perfect new edition to my uniform!

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

After years of (not that active, I admit) searching I finally found a cartoon from my youth I hadn’t seen for ages. (25 years, that’s ages right?) Yeah for me!

• Evelfa
    Participant

Did quite well at my first year of uni.
    Of my 8 modules I got: B+, B, B, B, C+, C, C-, D+.

An E is a fail so I didn’t fail anything and first year of uni doesnt count toward my final grade so all is good! I am well aware that it gets a lot harder from here but the modules also get much more interesting so I’m aiming for all B’s at the very least! And I’m pretty confident I’ll get that

• Anonymous

Evelfa, that’s awesome! :-D

• Evelfa
    Participant

Thank you ^^ I agree :D

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Well done Evelfa!

• Raptor
    Participant

Congratulations Evelfa :)

What made my day?
    I’m SO CLOSE to be coming a carpenter. I finished my practical yesterday, I have one end of unit test and my final end test and that’s it. I will be a carpenter.

My Ephixa Portal T-shirt came through a day early.

And the Steve Jobs vs Bill Gates rap battle also made my day.

All in all, HURRAY!

• Commander Radar
    Participant

Met the president today and he complimented my hair. Good day, I think so.

• Anonymous

My parents went camping in Tennessee last week, and brought me back Blackberry Moonshine! This might also go under the What Didn’t Make Your Day thread. I’ll open it tomorrow, and will post any negative results there. :D

• Two good things:

First, we found a new home for the abandoned 7 week old kitten that was dumped on my grandmother’s property.

Secondly, my Lego Minecraft set came in the mail today, and I have already assembled it. Yay!

• Commander Radar
    Participant

I’ve finished my exams, and with them secondary level education! No more school!!! Huzzah! I’m so happy right now. ><

• Anonymous

Being in the middle of divorce, I’ve been putting myself back in the dating scene a bit. Met a woman on facebook. We’ve been chatting for a few days. Tonight she tells me I have the look of fun, creativity, and intelligence. Is mine the face of TSU, or something? Wow…mind=blown. :-D

• Going to the midnight screening of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer tonight. :)

• Missus Tea
    Participant

I logged in here for the first time in ages. I have missed lurking and seeing what everyone is up to :mrgreen:

• Anonymous

Seeing Missus Thomas back here made my day! :mrgreen:

• Silent Addle
    Participant

What made my day…
    Well, I was given some scraps of leather for my crafting and assorted geekery.
    It turns out the scraps of leather are from a company who make first class plane seats, I can’t wait to play around with it.

• No wait time at the DMV today. :)

I went across town to the DMV’s new location to renew my license. My number was called over to the photo desk literally at the same moment that my number ticket print out on the machine by the door.

I also paid a visit to a tiny little comic/game shop that’s been on that side of town forever, and picked myself up a copy of the Pathfinder Advanced Player’s Guide. I already have the .pdf version, but the hard copies are awesome to have. :)

• Commander Radar
    Participant

My dad gave me loads and loads of punk music from the 80s. Bring on the mosh!!!

• Raptor
    Participant

I wasn’t a 3rd/5th/7th etc wheel tonight! It was great!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

found out my uncle is coming to visit us from Montana tomorrow!

[End Message]

• I finally got around to installing and playing Diablo III a couple days ago. I already got my demon hunter to level 31 and now I’m playing through again on the nightmare difficulty. :)

• A: Found out that an artwork I sumbmitted to a local show has been accepted and will be ON display in a major art gallery in a few days!!!!! XD

B: Today officially marks my one year anniversary as a Toy Soldier! :D

– Glad Tidings and Gallifreyan Antibiotics,

• Jade Valor
    Participant

listening to Japanese Jazz and made small progress in my Japanese handwriting. so day is a-ok. :D

[End Message]

• Watchin’ a marathon of classic Twilight Zone episodes on SyFy while doin’ some cartooning.

– Well Wishes and Firework Phantasm Antidote,
    Dr. Sheilagh R. Elfinstone

• Jade Valor
    Participant

enjoying a penutbutter and jelly sandwich, with a cup of Pumpkin spice chai tea. simple pleasures are sometimes the best :)

[End Message]

• The event where my art piece was shown in a major gallery was last night, and it was one of only three pieces that sold!!!!! I’ll be recieving the check in a few days!!! *sings “Walkin’ on Sunshine” at top of lungs and dances like idiot*

– Wonderous Tidings and Bogieman Ointment,

• I unlocked Whimsyshire in Diablo III. :)

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Nice job Dr.Elfinstone well done!

also i was in a promotional video for the survivor event this summer for the youth group go to, its really funny, and it is set up like a tour of a lab where survivor scientists are seen testing out survivor games and ideas! when it is on Youtube ill post the link!

[End Message]

• Jade Valor
    Participant

ok here is the video! its pretty cool! the narrator’s name is Dave and he’s a family friend, im trying to convince him to become a toy soldier because he does this kinda stuff all the time and would fit right in with us!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZSJxQlRl7w[/video]

[End MEssage]

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Tinker is now an Apple Certified Maintenance Technician. *sarcastic Wo0t*

Seriously though, no wonder there aren’t very many ACMTs around, the course material is soooo bad…

But yay me!

• Went to the local midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises, and I also won $100 cash from a raffle at a company picnic. :)

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Nice VeeVee! how was it, i never saw the Dark Knight Rises yet.

oh and i have a family friend who i am trying to convince to be a toy soldier to be my cameraman for my part of the TSU movie. :D

[End Message]

• The movie was awesome. I kept thinking of Sean Connery whenever Bane spoke, though. I thought the voice was a bit odd for the character. Otherwise, it was a good movie.

• Only half a day until the Cleveland OH Mayhem Fest, and I have awesome pavilion tickets 8th row from the front! :)

• Missus Tea
    Participant

Got a message from my pregnant little sister–Baby Frye is starting to get uncomfortable in his little womb apartment and is making her miserable. Hopefully he makes his world debut soon! I found a mustache pacifier that I think he will LOVE when he does finally get here ;)

• Jade Valor
    Participant

ohhh that is awesome! you gota let us know when he is born….and sent us a pic of the mustache pacifier! :mrgreen:

what made my day?got $163 in cash for my hard work this last week ^.^

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Special Agent VeeVee:
    The movie was awesome.I kept thinking of Sean Connery whenever Bane spoke, though.I thought the voice was a bit odd for the character.Otherwise, it was a good movie.

WAIT! Cean Connery was it it!!!! WAHOOO! NOW i HAVE to see it!

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Tinker is currently enjoying the first leg of his 3 part vacation at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls.

• Don’t get too excited. I didn’t see Sean Connery in the credits. I just said that Bane’s voice reminds me of Sean Connery.

Also, I just got home from the Mayhem Fest. I had pavilion seats in the first row. The only folks in front of us were VIP/pit people, and the pit wasn’t very big.

• My grandpa’s operation is over. He’s awake and healthy so thats good ^w^

• Anonymous

Had an incredibly awesome dream. TSU’s digital bunker was real! And we all were in it! Some of us were gathered around a 70″ plasma TV watching someone play LOZ Skyward Sword, some of us were competing at carnival games, others were cooking food in the kitchen, but WE ALL WERE THERE! It was awesome! :mrgreen:

• Jade Valor
    Participant
  • Jade Valor
    Participant

OHHH!! and i convinced my friend Dave to check out the TSU! he is zany and fun, and makes funny videos for our youth group, he is the one who narrated and organized the Survivor LAbs video on Youtube, i posted it here a couple pages back! so he might be joining us!

• A jar of homemade dill pickles. :D

• Zapper
    Participant

Waking up to scrambled eggs and bacon… This has actually never happened to me before!

• I maxed out my Diablo 3 Demon Hunter to level 60 and unlocked Inferno difficulty. :D

• Jade Valor
    Participant

watching this video, it is the 3rd installment to my youth groups Survivor Event! and survivor is just 7 days away! i cant wait! any way here is the video!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsvwNjnpDCk[/video]

[End MEssage]

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Getting home from my vacation last night and finding stickers from JET in my mailbox. Yay!

• Commander JET
    Participant

Tinker the paper lord:
    Getting home from my vacation last night and finding stickers from JET in my mailbox. Yay!

Yay! Glad you like them! :mrgreen:

• Sad News:
    Cedar Point, OH is getting rid of their old Disaster Transport indoor roller coaster.

Awesome news for 2013:
    B&M Winged coaster!!!!

• Lillium
    Participant

My man got a promotion! :D

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Lillium:
    My man got a promotion! :D

Congratulations!

as for me? i have been buissy writing down ideas for my video Game, i have 2 books filled with ideas, stats, combat systems, races, classes, ect most of what i need for an MMORPG….untill i got an idea…i love JRPG’s (japanes RPG) and thire is a race i made called an Esent…well i decided i wanted to make my own JRPG centerd around them so i been writing in a book about the ideas, combat system, stats, ect, for a JRPG! its pretty cool if i dont say so myself i just wish i was better at drawing and Codeing than i am now.

[End Message]

• Since it’s past midnight where I live, it’s technically my birthday. :)

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Curiosity Has landed on Mars!!!!!!!!!!one!!1111eleventyone!!

Holy Frak that was awesome to watch live!

• Watching Cedar Point’s announcement for their new coaster live online.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqhApNBjes[/video]

• Commander JET
    Participant

Watching the new videos on the front page! We really do have the sexiest army ever!
    and Montee..the hoopty hoop…you own that! 8)

• pheasant
    Participant

Heard about how Wheatley (From Portal 2) is now ACTUALLY in space. The awesomeness in that made my day ! :D

• Jade Valor
    Participant

MY FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SHOW IS NOW ON NETFLIX!!!! CODE LYOKO!!!!! YAHOOO!!!! me and Dr.J stayed up all night watching it! and spawned many funny conversations and in-jokes….like we started giving Xana’s Monsters personalities and/or nationalities….like the Crabs are all British Gentlemen soldiers from WW2, the Manta rays are stoners cuz they just kinda slowly float in a DUUuuuuuddddd kind of way…..and then thire is the R.U.S.S.I.A.N…… that would take WAY to long to explain but needless to say it was hilarious!!!

[End MEssage]

• Jade Valor
    Participant

OHH AND SURVIVOR WAS AWESOME!!!!!!….exept the Purple jello…Dear God the PURPLE JELLO!!!! I AM NEVER TOUCHING ANY JELLO WITH PURPLE IN IT EVER AGAIN!!!! it was just like last years survivor…Saturday 2011 the day of Green Jello…mixed with sardines, Limburger cheese, liver….and many more things you NEVER want to put in your mouth…we needed to get a key from a 2 liter bottle of this stuff….ohhh…i…i dont realy want to talk about it….^.^

ill post the Survivor video when Dave (one of our youth leaders) put it together.
    [End Message]

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

All hail the Googly Eyes…

• FEZZES ARE AWESOME :D

So, what totally made my day today? The amount of excitement that’s been bouncing around the ORB post on facebook. MY FAVORITE SPEC OP MAY BE BACK ^_^

• Commander JET
    Participant

Playing mini putt putt with Cosmonaut Mir! :mrgreen:

• Violet Oblivion
    Participant

It rained this morning.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

It’s boiling hot today. Not a cloud in the sky. Bare in mind I’m more of a cold weather person.

But all of that can be ignored because the film studio lighting gear I bought has turned up. Coupled with the Tascam audio recorder (which I’ve already tested), means that I’ll be able to produce much better quality broadcasts and videos

• My day was blown right into awesome town! >:D

I went to my mom’s company picknick, just to eat some food and play with kids, but it ended up being TOTALLY AWESOME! I got almost all of the adults into a giant squirt gun/water balloon fight (In which I got a bucket of water dumped on me and returned the favor to my mother. It was fracking cool!)

But that’s not the best part. See, there was this face painter dressed as a fairy, who just happen to notice that I was wearing a Toy Soldier jacket. Upon further conversations with said magical fairy did she tell me who she was. I WAS TALKING TO NURSE JEN!!! :D And she hugged me, and I lost basic motor functions and forgot how to salute properly. IT WAS AWESOME! SHE IS AWESOME!

• Cormac MacLeod
    Participant

Finally coming back to TSU after waaaaay too long a furlough.

Day. Made.

• Missus Tea
    Participant

Got to spend a few days with my sister and her new little baby boy! I now have nieces and nephews ranging in ages from 37 YEARS to two weeks 8-O

And I’m entirely too used to the HUGE babies that my husband’s family produces–little baby Frye is absolutely tiny compared to them–only 6 and a half pounds when he was born. I felt like I was holding a kitten when I got to hold him–I managed to not have to change any diapers during my visit and I’m physically unable to feed him until my sister decides to start pumping or giving him formula.

And as for the mustaches pacifier–didn’t get that ordered in time to get to her before my trip–guess he will get it as a Christmas present :)

• Anonymous

I bought an organ at the Salvation Army today! Video is on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvs7TbPEXps

• Morgan Fogg
    Participant

I dont have to go to work today YAY!!!!

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Two things:

1) Cadbury Screme Eggs. Green goo GO!

2) Comic-con: Episode IV – A Fans Hope. This is a seriously awesome movie that you should all go watch!

• Agent ‘Steve’
    Participant

A bat invaded my workplace today and several of the female humans panicked and screamed. It was rather hilarious.

• Commander JET
    Participant
  • T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

My music entity, Neuron Dreamtime, won a 400 submission package from MusicSubmit. That means they’ll send my album campaign to 400 resources (genre specific internet radio, music blogs, reviewers, interviewers, etc). I am so excited for this new album! XD

• I got my Dr. Who dalek factory Lego set in the mail today. :)

Also, the Diablo III 1.0.4 patch was released. Yay!

• Violet Oblivion
    Participant

I got to spend time with two of my best friends. We just did errands, but it still is always wonderful to see them.

• Anonymous

I’m feeling very creative today, thanks in part to my vintage Lowrey. I’m thinking a You Tube and Vimeo update is in order. :mrgreen:

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

This was the view from my “office” (car) this morning just after I finished my first call of the day.

Stepping out of my car out there was very refreshing. Large evergreen forests smell wondrous at 9am. (for the record, behind me in this shot is nothing but trees and a mountain.)

• Commander JET
    Participant

Wow that is so beautiful!!!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

i got internet back today! it might go down at the end of the month so i got a lot to do!

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant
  • Zerillis Dagger
    Participant

I found my iPod after months of searching :D

• Jade Valor
    Participant

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n5MzSrb2dk[/video]

this is the last survivor labs video

• Jade Valor
    Participant

And here is a recap of what happend at Survivor 2 weeks ago! i am the guy with the cameo-pants and some times a pony-tail! survivor was fun but i will NEVER eat Purple jello again! lests just say among the many gross things in it where Limburger cheese and sardines and liver, in a two liter bottle was a key, we had to get the key to unlock the pad lock for are teem so they could run the obstacle course! and next year scince i am no longer in school…i get to come back as a youth leader and I WILL be the one helping create the survivor events!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!! enjoy![video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVKZcJZ5xgY&feature=relmfu[/video]

• Only three more weeks until I go to Cedar Point! :-D

• I got to play Fiasco today in my Intro to Game Design class. :)

• J.F.C. Broken Loony
    Participant

A long awaited parcel arrived today,
    but that’s all I am permitted to say.
    So all of you, in a way,
    must wait just one more day.

^ 0 ^

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Finding out there is just one more day of waiting till the new series of Doctor Who!
    Woooooooo Woo-ie-oo pum parum parum parum pa Woo-ie-oo!

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Tinker has seen a great many odd things in his time on this planet. This however, takes the cake currently…

Green Bay Packers Cheese head FEZ!

• Aym
    Participant

Finding Outland on youtube.

[youtube]juq4CV_AnWk[/youtube]

• Zapper
    Participant

My internet is working again after being down for ages!
    Hello everyone! :D

• Coming to a future Minecraft update (source):

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Hello Zapper! welcome back! what made my day…well yesterday is i bought a nice short bow at a pawn shop downtown and i walked with it nearly a mile to my house from down town….i got many different looks from people ranging from “dude thats cool” to “OMG he going to kill somebody with that!” it was funny, i guess you just dont see many people walking around with bows these days :roll:

[End Message]

• Lillium
    Participant

Just discovered Cat Shit One.
    CUTE BUNNIES WITH GUNS!!!!!

Picking up my new kitten, Poppy, today.
    Pictures of kitten adorableness to follow.

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

PATCHES in my mailbox! These are seriously epic! I. LOVE. THE. PINS!

JET rocks! Dutch rocks too! Everyone rocks!

Pics soon.

• Lillium
    Participant

The Poppy Kitten + laser pointer = hilarious.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Driving, Driving, Driving Driving![video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh0iihjANPc[/video]

• Got all my stuff ready for my trip to Cedar Point tomorrow. :D

• Night ride on Millennium Force, my favorite roller coaster in the entire world! :mrgreen:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbXPhOFRxTc[/video]

• My steampunk outfit is coming together quickly, swimmingly and so far it looks gorgeous!!! :D

• Anonymous

I got an Edison Diamond Disc Phonograph Player Thingie for $150! So happy! All it needs is a new replicator/tone arm, and I bid on one for $75 on e-Bay. I figure I can put another couple hundred into it and call it an investment. I also have several Diamond Discs. :mrgreen:

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

This ==> seriously epic violin girl < == made my day. Go watch! DOOOO IIIITTT!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCL94-MsxYc&feature=plcp[/video]

• I gots a vintage dalek pin in the mail!

Well Wishes and Gravedust Tablets,
    Dr. Shieilagh R. Elfinstone, D. Pr. M.

• Lillium
    Participant

JoB went home and learnt a new recipe to add to my food storage.

• Alida Brocklehurst
    Participant

Im going to the Puyallup Fair today! I havent gone in a couple years so it should be fun :D

• Eating Lucky Charms.

• I met/had a mutual steampunk geek-out moment with John Rocco!

Well Wishes and Moonpowder,
    – Dr. Sheilagh R. Elfinstone, D. Pr. M.

• Lillium
    Participant

Night out with the girls and then skype with my sexy fiance.
    Good night.

• Wore a Dr. Hooves shirt for my museum tour today; the parent chaperone was a whovian, her daughter was a My Little Pony fan, AND the chaperone was wearing a Dr. Who tshirt as well! TRIPLE SCORE!!!

Well Wishes and Vampire Virus Jabs,

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Dr. Sheilagh R. Elfinstone:
    Wore a Dr. Hooves shirt for my museum tour today; the parent chaperone was a whovian, her daughter was a My Little Pony fan, AND the chaperone was wearing a Dr. Who tshirt as well!TRIPLE SCORE!!!

Well Wishes and Vampire Virus Jabs,

im not a brony but that is pretty awesome Dr!

on my note though, my ankle is healing up well as i can walk on it, im hopefully getting my photo ID tomorrow and God has blessed me with another day of breath! still trying to KILL THOSE FREAKING TROJANS IN MY SYS32 FILES THOUGH! ARG…oops that last part wasn’t a good thing i guess :roll:

[End Message]

• Aym
    Participant

Demonstrating in LoL why Poppy should be feared, and only losing one match out of the five I played.

• Had a pumpkin muffin with delicious pumpkin spice coffee this morning! :)

Well Wishes and Martian Meningitis Serum,

• Alida Brocklehurst
    Participant

What made my day today?? Getting my patches!! The stamps literally made me squeal, I’m for sure saving them! And the robot sticker was an amazing surprise! Thanks Commander Jet!!

• Commander JET
    Participant

Yay!!! I’m glad you like them Alida! Those are special “send a smile” stamps. I’m glad they work! :mrgreen:

What made my day:
    After much time, I fixed and recovered my computer!! It lives!! :mrgreen:
    I’m pretty clever like that! hehe 8)

• Just heard an interview with Abney Park/discussion of what ‘steampunk’ is on the radio!! (It’s NPR, but still!!). *steamsqueee*

Well Wishes and Anti-Aether Sickness Tablets,

• Morgan Fogg
    Participant

What made my day today. Going to steamstock. Getting photos with abney park, hydrogen skyline, and Captain Isabella, Also signed cds from some of the bands seeing lee presson as well as running into other soldiers and Hoping to find a way to get nor cal a division . Life is good =)

• Alida Brocklehurst
    Participant

Getting an Adventure Time dvd pack that came with a Finn hat made my day today!

• Alida Brocklehurst
    Participant

Today is my 21st birthday! I never thought that this day would come, I can finally go wherever I please! ^O^ -WOOOOoooOOOOoOOOOoOO!!!

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

HIPPY BARFDAY!

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

noticing (A little late) there is actually a new series of… RED DWARF!
    WooooH!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

got my laptop Shoujuni fixed, had to re-image her to factory settings to kill these two Trojans imbedded in my System32 SVShost files, almost impossible to get em out but i finally killed the little bastards! now i just need to find out if anything is infected in the archives i took from her to make sure they where not the problem, and i also need to re-download everything and customize her back to the way she was…minus the Trojans of course! so over all it good day!

[End Message]

• Commander JET
    Participant

I FOUND MY SHRUNKEN HEAD!!!
    It’s my good luck shrunken head! I have had him since I was 16! I lost him a year ago almost to the day! I took him out of my car cause it had to be repaired after an accident and have been looking for him ever since! He was hiding under a bunch of papers in a box from the incident. Sooo happy to have him back!! :mrgreen:

• Jade Valor
    Participant

LEAVING FOR DISNEY LAND FLORIDA THIS COMING Tuesday!!!! my first time at a park like that actual so im exited!

[End Message]

• Jade Valor
    Participant

2 more days till Disney land! backing tomorrow leaving on Tuesday!

• Evelfa
    Participant

I made it into the UOTC (university officer training corps) I’m now an army officer in training! I’m being paid to do and theres no obligation to join the army after I finish university! ^^

• Jade Valor
    Participant

we leave tomorrow morning for Disney land! ill try to send a few pics wile we are there!

[End MEssage]

• Jade Valor
    Participant

WE ARIVE IN ORLANDO FLORIDA TODAY!!1 we are staying at Give the Children the World! and we’ll take the short drive to Disney world tomorrow! and just coming back from a all you can eat ice cream bar i am very happy! :mrgreen:

IT GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!

[End Message]

• Jade Valor
    Participant

ok so we dident go to Disney world today BUT be whent to Universal studios!! it was sooo cool!!!! but my little sister got too hot and my dad had back problems so we diddent get to go to Jurassic park….But we did go on the Poseidon fury awesome fight thingy! (not sure how else to describe it ^.^) we will be going to Disney world this Sunday! right now im enjoying a root-beer float at the villa we are staying at!

• Aym
    Participant

Watch out for stray cats in Disney world, they have a huge rat problem and somebody thought it would be a good idea to let cats loose. Now the park has a cat problem and a rat problem.

• Aym
    Participant

What do you do in League of Legends when your pick-up group is bad, and feeds the enemy Ryze Bot? Unleash Hecarim and Sona, this intermediate bot game was insane. Our team was really bad, but still we managed to carry them to victory and rack up a staggering number of kills and assists along the way.

At the end of the game, my third time playing Sona, I had 8 kills, 3 deaths and 44 assists. My friend whom I was supporting had 48 kills, 9 deaths, and 11 assists.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

thanks for the tip! also just came back from Disney animal kingdom! it was AWESOME!!! my little sister had fun on safari and meeting mickey mouse, and my MOM road a roller coaster for the first time in 20 years (my moms a tom girl at heart). my favorite part was the ASIA area! i got a cool Chillba hat too!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

ALSO! what you guys probably dont know is i LOVE to draw…its just…im not that good…well i am learning and i joined a fanart community called FanArt Central and my first submissions are in and approved! i feel…happy! i was hesitant at letting anyone see my art because i am not that good..and i have many friends who are amazing…and say their art it crap…so what does that make mine….but i feel better now that thire out..and hopefully people will let me know how i can improve…if you want to see them go to FanArt-Central.net and look me up..my Artist ID is DREAM_FIRE…remember..im not that good so they are not master pieces…but thier mine…and i like them…and i WILL get better!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

CAME BACK FROM DISNEY WORLD TODAY!!! it was realy cool! my little sister got sick last night though and this morning…and with her autism and shunt in her head..she was afraid and cranky during the trip…she cried in horror when we approached mickey mouse, and even woody and Jessy…but then we whent to see Tinkerbell and periwinkle..we thought she would freek out too..but we let her out of her stroller…and what happened after that nearly made me cry….she reached out her hand to Tinkerbell and grabbed hers and gave her a hug and walked with her in stunned silence….this is really great because she NEVER allows people to touch her..especially that day WE her own family couldn’t tough her….but she saw Tinkerbell and periwinkle and the look on her face, was of that of a child seeing thire dream in real life for the first time…i have NEVER seen her more happy! and i was holding back tears wile filming them! and honestly after all i have seen so far..that sight made the entire trip for me!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

GOT TO GO TO SEA WORLD TODAY!!! it was really great!!!!!! WE SAW A 3D show about the life of a turtle! i was dizzy afterward because of the constant looking around at the sharks and such trying to get us! is was [email protected]!!!!!!!

my only regret on this trip..is not having any toy soldier patches or ID in any of the photos….and it is very likely to be our last trip here too…. ohh well over all realy great time! were leaving for home tomorrow morning!

[End Message]

• I got A’s on all my midterms this semester. Yay!

• Finding TSU alive and well. >.> …and remembering my password. <.<

• Commander JET
    Participant

Sampson the Ultrajester:
    Finding TSU alive and well.>.>

• Learning to weld is going very well btw. I’m hoping to get into the transportation/communication union. Hooray for railways!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

WOOHOO! go for it Sampson!

• Commander JET
    Participant

My boss said “Stop scaring the boys” today. I was all like wha? It’s what I do…
    See we lost the internet at work then, the phone lines stopped working. So I told them it was the start of the end of the world! Me and my people we are prepared!
    Then they checked their phones and couldn’t get the internet on them either!
    They were really freaking out! lol! Priceless!! :-P

• Pvt. Dragoon
    Participant

Walked into art class this morning and saw one of my pieces up on the wall. Made me smile. :D

Also, learned how to draw hands. Might draw a few designs for TSU sometime.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Learned to Play Go a few days ago! (its kida like a Japanese ver of chess) and after 4 losses and a 3 hour Go strategy tutorial i finally wiped the floor with Mr.Robot! (he’s the CPU Go player to practice with if you dont want to challenge real players) 2 more times and ill feel ready to challange real online players! the Go community i joined has on average 1500 people from around the world online ready to play! its soo cool and fun! i found Go tiles wile doing a job for a friend so they gave them to me as part of my payment! im happy ^.^

[End Message]

• Lillium
    Participant

Went on a birthday shopping spree yesterday :D
    New handbag! YAY!

• Seargent Smiles
    Participant

MY day? well im getting my shotgun today, so that will be fun! :mrgreen:

• Aym
    Participant

Finding out Lita Ford had a new album this year, and she covered a Motley Crue song and it sounds better than the original!

[youtube]dn93MY4_y5w[/youtube]

• Watched Star Wars: The Clone Wars this morning, and a certain fabulous former Doctor did a guest voice in it: it was awesome; I shall be re-watching it tomorrow morning.

Well Wishes and Romulan Rosemary Oil Tincture,

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

It hasn’t so much made my day so much as made my week, which is the new forum. Why? Well one of the features I HADN’T actually paid much attention to is in fact the image thumbnail thing. Because I know when people post a lot of pictures, it really drags on the page and makes it all weird. Having the thumbnail feature really makes a thread open a lot smoother.

Oh. 2 cans of monster! That’s made my day as well.

• Still alive and still welding.  Also, holy forum updates batman, this place is lookin’ snazzy!  Excuse me while I do some exploring. 

• Jade Valor
    Participant

i have gota agree this forum is looking smooth! and RUNS smooth too! also going hunting tomorrow! geting up at 0400 and hoping to be in the woods by 0600. we gota feed 7 mouth, my dad’s outa work and my business is still trying to get of the ground. so we NEED the dear meat! so for those who pray, pray for us, for those who dont then wish us luck :D

[End Message]

• Jade Valor
    Participant

to all who prayed for us and to all who wished us luck yesterday! the Lord blessed us with 2 dear! now if we keep at that pace well have MORE than enough to feed our family and extended family! :D

tomorrow BACK TO THE HUNT! DEER BEWARE! the Great Hunter Jade Valor is on your trail! you can run! but my Cherokee blood makes me a natural tracker! and i will find you!!! (well my Cherokee blood is this but its STILL present :) )

[End Message]

• *squeaks* Email from BBC. They’ve got my overview for a documentary, they’re going to read. Fingers crossed it leads to awesome things.

• toss-up between getting back in the game on the new website (heads) and being invited to participate in a one-day one-man theater performance marathon (tails. Gonna recite “the tell-tale heart”)

*flips* aww… it’s tails. sorry guys. I love you all!

• Greenghost
    Participant

A lot of my personal projects are finally under way now muh ha ha ha. This should be a very very interesting next few weeks.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

I just finished watching Skyfall.

Understand, I’ve been watching James Bond movies since I was 5 years old, and my parents never told me to cover my eyes or leave the room while they were on. I’ve been a MASSIVE James Bond fan, and though Casino Royale and Quantam of Solace were good, I just couldn’t help but feel that the reboot of the Bond franchise was taking a nosedive away from its original spirit.

And now I’ve watched Skyfall, and I can say honestly I am happy once again.

Still think Goldeneye is the best one though.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Well two more days of hunting and no deer…..BUT the two deer from monday has filled 2 full shelves untill they [email protected]!!!! we havent had that much meat in the freezer in 5 years! and Thank God too as we have 7 family members AND extended family to feed! my mom made meatloaf today so im VERY happy!

[end message]

• The new Hanzel und Gretyl album was in my mailbox today. I’m ripping it to my PC right now. :)

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

SNOW!:D:D:D

• Jade Valor
    Participant

enjoying homemade mint chocolate chip cookies and milk right now! :D

[End Message]

• Jade Valor
    Participant

family just got two more deer today so thank the Lord. now we should have enough to last us awhile, now we can actually pay off some bills and not have to worry about spending food money :D

once again thank you to everyone who prayed or wished us luck these last couple of weeks because we have not had more meat in our freezer in over 6 years!

[End Message]

• I’m taking a little drive to Cleveland, OH this Saturday, going to see Hanzel und Gretyl. :D

• Commander JET
    Participant

@Special Agent VeeVee said:
    I’m taking a little drive to Cleveland, OH this Saturday, going to see Hanzel und Gretyl. :D

That sounds awesome VeeVee! Hope you have a great time! I dig that band!;)

• They always put on awesome shows.  I also got to wear Loopy’s helmet once. :)

• Jade Valor
    Participant

hope its a blast and you have a save trip there VeeVee!

me well todayme and a few church members help fix up a families house who couldent realy afford to get it fixed, we put up insulation in thier basement because thier gass got shut off and its cold where we live, we are also insulating the entire house using one of these machines to inject it into thier walls!

also i finished my Christmas tribute for Fan Art Central. i am soooo happy because with each drawing i can see myself getting better! better than i ever though i could do! :D

i am also feeling better from a few days ago when i felt like crap, just 2 days ago my legs and arms hurt, my back hurt, i had searing pain behind my eyes and i was very cold….woke up in the morning feeling a bit woozy but other wise ok, and now im feeling great! so ya i gota alot to be thankful for!

[End Message]

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Yet despite all the crap these last couple of days… i nearly fell into tears again when i logged on and found out that i was the Toy Soldier of the Week! you guys have no idea how happy it made me….and at one of my worst time in my life too, the Lord has truly been a blessing to my by giving my you guys as friends! you all have been a Big blessing to me and i am truly thankful to you all!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

• I am officially finished with Christmas shopping. :D

• Raptor
    Participant

My birthday ^_^

• Being home for Christmas, as well as for the next two weeks or so.  Finding this fine place still running smoothly, albeit quieter than I’m used to.  Also, rediscovering Beats Antique was quite nice. 

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Happy Birthday Raptor!

MY LITTLE SISTERS KIMONO ARRIVED FROM JAPAN TODAY!!!!!! it my little sisters Christmas Present from me. now im just waiting for her to wake up from her nap so she can try it on! she will look soooo adorable!!! il make sure to post a picture latter ok?  < (^O^)>

EDIT:   OHH AND THE AWESOMEST THING HAPPENED THE OTHER DAY!!!! on Christmas eve at around Noon my parents got a check in the mail! it had over $3000 in it! i thank God we got to pay off some bills AND get presents for everyone! man talk about last minute shopping! :mrgreen:

[End Message]

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

@Jade Valor said:

EDIT:   OHH AND THE AWESOMEST THING HAPPENED THE OTHER DAY!!!! on Christmas eve at around Noon my parents got a check in the mail! it had over $3000 in it! i thank God we got to pay off some bills AND get presents for everyone! man talk about last minute shopping! :mrgreen:

[End Message]

That’s actually rather funny. Almost the exact same thing happened to me last friday. Did a happy dance pretty much the rest of the day. Unfortunately, because of all this damned holiday business, it’ll take quite a while for the cheque to cash.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

thats cool…and sucks. cool that the money came in fro you…sucks that it will take a bit to cash.

well what made my day well last couple of days is my submission for the FanArt-Central contest (the art community im a part of) its the first contest i have entered on that site and my submission is better that i though it would be so far! unfortunately some of the people entering the contest are light-years ahead of me in skill (anyone get that quote?) but its fun to just be in it truth be told ^.^

[End Message]

• PFC Sinphonite
    Participant

Being able to buy half of my uniform with Christmas gift cards, and my wife ordering a set of patches for me as a late Christmas gift!  Otherwise I’d have to wait until my extra paycheck next month for all of it.

Now I just need to locate a shirt and get a name tag made.

• Commander Radar
    Participant

Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, although not looking forward to it, it’s a lot earlier than expected and it means I can get it out of the way.

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Good luck tomorrow, commander Radar.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

ya same from me, i pray your surgery goes well and you recover quickly :)

[End Message]

• Jade Valor
    Participant

today i helped a friend today harvest maple sap…and got payed is 100% Maple syrup!!!!! we had pancakes for dinner and they where amazing!!! :mrgreen:

• I found out that my Intro to Game Design professor last semester is hosting a group for the Global Game Jam at my campus.  I joined up. 

• Anonymous

I just realized that it has been one year since I joined this latest incarnation of the TSU website! That made my day! :mrgreen:

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

@Sgt. Voltor said:
    I just realized that it has been one year since I joined this latest incarnation of the TSU website! That made my day! :mrgreen:

It’s rather exciting isn’t it? And people said we wouldn’t last one month! HA!

• Raptor
    Participant

My sister still doesn’t know that the prank I put on her computer is still there XD

And she can’t do jackshit about it XD

Also, I might have an idea for a business. This makes me happy. 

• Jade Valor
    Participant

I GOT INK TODAY!!!! now my buzzkill beacon Print-offs are well….printed off :mrgreen:    im constructing the beacon even as we speak…er..type!   i hate procrastination but better later than never right? just not too late that i miss the deadline….

Yosh! lets get started!!!

[End MEssage]

• Jade Valor
    Participant

AAAAANNNNDDD! MR.Darks’s package came in the mail today, he sent me a Buzzkill Beacon! witch is good because i ran out of spray paint for mine AND other things happened to make it…in operable..

SO THANKS MR.DARK!

[End Message]

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

It’s been a little over a week since I made a slight change to TSU that goes mostly unnoticed by everyone. However, google has updated it’s cache of the site, so that one sentence that Spambots and Sploggers homed in on has vanished from the cache, and thusly, the spam invasion has been reduced to about 99.9% of what it used to be.

ULTIMATE BANHAMMER BLOW!

• Commander JET
    Participant

Well I’m glad you did that Dutch! Now I don’t have to spend half my time on here getting rid of them!

You and your hammer ROCK!:cool:

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant
  • Commander JET
    Participant
  • 1.  Skyrim Dragonborn DLC pre-sale on Steam + confirmed release date of Feb. 5th. (FINALLY!)

2.  Progress on my team’s video game for the 2013 Global Game Jam is rolling along.  I was originally going to be a 2D art person, but our concept took an unexpected turn and we are now going super-experimental and doing an audio-only game with no graphics.  I’m now improvising as the sound person.  Our game page

• Found a possible loophole in one of the diversifies for the Game Jam.

12. Approved for All Audiences
    The game must not show any violence, not even cartoonish. Stepping on living mushrooms is off the list, as is killing any type of enemies, not even undead, though we know they’re already dead…

Our game is auditory only – no visuals. Commence with the gory death sounds! :p

Besides, we know we’ll be hitting at least 4 of the diversifies anyway.

EDIT:

To Turnip with “Approved for All Audiences!”  We have officially gone the creepy ambient route.

Official Global Game Jam page for our game

Play [black] here!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

good, a game completely without conflict is boring!  and i really hope your game goes well!

Good Luck

Jade Valor

[End Message]

• Missus Tea
    Participant

Despite not being on very much lately,  was just looking at my profile and realized I’m on my FOURTH year as a Toy Soldier.  It really does not seem like it’s been that long! Which is a good thing right?

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

It sneaks up on ya, don’t it?

• Jade Valor
    Participant

another day of breath, another day that i have a roof over my head and my family doesn’t go hungry, another day to be with friends who care, another day the lord has blessed me with, yea another day to be happy ^.^

~ Jade Valor

[End Message]

• Commander JET
    Participant

My man got us tickets to go see Bad Religion in Detroit this April!
    Super Stoked! :D

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

My printrbot has arrived! Gonna spend the weekend putting it together, and with any luck be printing plastic again by sunday! Toy Soldiers are of course first on the list of things to print!

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

I may have just accidentally bought Christopher Lee’s metal album….

• I’m going to be running a Pathfinder campaign!

(It’s a D20 OGL system by Paizo that basically evolved out of WotC’s D&D 3.5)

I’m working on a map of the campaign area now, as well as brainstorming adventure ideas.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

thats really cool VeeVee! i LOVE making maps for adventuring…although they are never to scail heh heh.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

The acetone I ordered arrived. Acetone is essentially nail polish remover, but industrial strength. It’s a solvent that melts ABS plastic. I’m using it to smooth out the prints from my 3D printer.

One downside. The fumes from it are bloody strong. I’m feeling rather dizzy…… and things are spinning……. my head feels funny……..

*Headdesk*

• Waking up to a snow day and not having to drive anywhere in it!

• Commander Radar
    Participant

Finally finished with hospital, bring on the heavy machinery!!!

• Sgt. Pinkerton
    Participant

Bringing to school big bag of all kinds of sweet and salty pastry (found in the bakery trash [trash diving in denmark is flawless]) to school so everyone can take what they want

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Looked in my mail and found a bubble envelope with these epic TSU wristbands in it!

I haven’t taken the one I put on off since I i opened the package. Wo0t!

Also, ROBOT HOUS… I mean, ROBOT STICKERS!!!!

JET ROCKS!:D

• Jade Valor
    Participant

i now have 7 fans on Fanart Central!

• Sgt. Pinkerton
    Participant

finally finishing and sending a birthday gift to my sister, i’ll upload pictures to my album if you are interested (it’s a takedown bow)

• Professor Oplastik
    Participant

I have promised a good friend (and rival) of mine that I will be their friend forever and I will protect them, no matter what. Even if it costs my life. I told them that if there is anything they need help with, they can come to me and I will help. I will be loyal to them until the day I die. I promised them my life for their happiness.

Seeing a good rival happy is the best thing that could happen to a person.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

@ Professor Samuel Oplastik

wow never saw it that way, i am always trying to defeat my rival…then again my best friend tries to kill me on a regular basis ^.^’

• Professor Oplastik
    Participant

@jadevalor
    There is a big difference between a good rival and an enemy.

And what made my day is when me and my friend both didn’t understand trigonometry. Trigonometry is evil, haha!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

@Professor Samuel Oplastik    what is this Trigonometry ye speak of! it sound more like a cult or a mystical evil beast than anything else! Beware the Trigonometry!

what made my day is yesterday i finally finished the website for my business!

[End Message]

• Professor Oplastik
    Participant

@jadevalor Mathematics of the triangles.

• Commander Radar
    Participant

All started by the great evil genius Pythagoras…

• Jade Valor
    Participant

@Professor Samuel Oplastik said:
    @jadevalor Mathematics of the triangles.

EVIL!!!!!!!!!!

in other news ITS TOY SOLDIER DAY!!!!!! AND MY LITTLE BRO IS GOING TO BECOME A TOY SOLDIER!!!!!!

• RexDarr
    Participant

Becoming a Toy Soldier last night and realizing today is TOY SOLDIER DAY!

Oh, and receiving a rare Offspring bootleg CD in the mail

• Durmut whipping out a calculator to figure out his percentages of post on TSU.

• Commander JET
    Participant

Sitting in a big meeting today at work talking about all the companies that are splitting up into sub companies and what changes are developing.
    The room was silent for too long.
    Then I said. Hey ya know Mike and Ike broke up too?
    One of the head bosses looked at me all serious and said..really? :P

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Getting the final vote ready for the charity donation on behalf of the Army of Toy Soldiers. The final 5 nominations are all excellent choices, so whomever get’s picked, we’ll be helping a lot of people.

• Private A. Gryphon
    Participant

Celebrating my last day of Economics class! WOOHOO! Oh, and playing catch with a couple of friends.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

enjoyed a hard weeks work all last week….and made homemade eggnog! it was great!

• In reference to me ….not… burning my finger with soup whilst failing to pour it into the bowl my family had this to say –

Mum: ‘Glad to hear it because that would have been very silly’

Grandpa: ‘Well your Mother is doing a First Aid Course to you’ll be in safe hands again soon.'(I read this in his voice as well…)

I love my family. They care for and tolerate me in their own special ways. Most of those ways are sarcasm, wit and a lot of mocking but hey, I get to do the exact same thing back to them!

• Raptor
    Participant

I’m. Out. Of. Fucking. Hospital.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Well thats Always good Raptor! but the real question is are you actually feeling better? me i personally avoid hospitals, i generally feel worse after going to one.

what made my day today? the Fan-art Central St.Patrick’s day contest is officially starting! now i just gota think up of what i am going to draw.

[End Message]

• I just got my hardcover copy of this in the mail today from eBay.

• Lt. Sophie
    Keymaster

Colleagues sent me a (Panel) PC to install Win7 on it – but it has no hard drive. :D

• Raptor
    Participant

Every day I’m getting stronger. Mentality and physically. Freedom to what I want when I want is an incredible privilege, don’t forget it. 

• Lt. Sophie
    Keymaster
  • Jade Valor
    Participant

Every day I’m getting stronger. Mentality and physically. Freedom to what I want when I want is an incredible privilege, don’t forget it. 

well thats good, i am glad your felling better raptor!

as for me MY TOY SOLDIER PATCHES CAME IN TODAY! and the Commander was nice enough to add a few stickers and an eraser as well! :D i am happy! ill add a pic latter.

[End Message]

• Free tab thank you Chelta (my bartender)

• Lt. Sophie
    Keymaster

Going to eat Sushi today with bf, best friend and his fiancee.

Also, work is finally becoming fun. I’m working on more complex subjects and I’m not that isolated anymore, working with colleagues (also from other divisions) and customers. Meetings still suck though :D

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Shiny shiny shiny new phone ^_^

• Just being here <3

• I got invited to go to Colossalcon in Sandusky, OH this June.

• Captain Dermut
    Participant
  • Mannerings
    Participant

Work. Unpaid. But Still Work.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

my dad took me to see Jurassic park in 3D for my birthday! IT WAS AWESOME!!!

and my Charger for my video camera will be in shortly so that will be awesome!

and my work is starting to pay off, allthough i am working 12 hours a day for the last few weeks its been good work! witch is why i havent been on lately but i promise to be on more often!

and come august i will become my current employers Apprentice in Carpentry!

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Tinker got a huge promotion at work today. Tinker’s new role includes a minion. MWAHAHAHAHA!!

…*ahem*

Also a huge pay raise! Woohoo!

• Kommissar Kapone
    Participant

What made my day is that I just introduced a few of my family members to the Toy Soldiers and they loved it! ^-^

• Commander Radar
    Participant

Directed a short film today. Yay.

• just found TSU propaganda in Family guy, S1E7

• Anonymous

What made my day? THREE COLOR FLASHING LED’s identical to the ones used in children’s shoes! I got 400 of them! :mrgreen:

• Lt. Sophie
    Keymaster

The TSU coffee commercial video :D

• I didn’t have enough time to post yesterday, but Hanzel und Gretyl had a show yesterday in my hometown for the very first time.  It was nice not having to drive 1.5+ hours away in order to see them. :)

• Private A. Gryphon
    Participant

-warning, sentimental momma bird ahead-

I went to go see a performance of the wizard of oz. The show wasn’t the best i’ve ever seen and dorothy was a stand-in because the lead got sick, but it was special to me. the scarecrow, Oz, and numerous other of the cast were played by very close friends of mine whom I have’t seen since august. These kids are my adoptive babies, whether they like it or not. It made me so happy to see how much they had grown and achieved in the past few months that there are no words to describe. When I went to give my congrats afterwords, just seeing their eyes light up at the sight of me brought tears. These kids mean more to me than I have the courage to tell them, and were the reason I was able to get up in the morning when I went through some hard times. It makes me so proud to see how much they’re grown and achieved without their momma bird fussing around making sure their hats are straight, or their shows are tied, or that the kid that played Scarecrow had plenty of water because he sweats like a sprinkler. It was a very good day.

• Dr Z

what made my day walked into a walgreenz and found advanced krypton technology in a wall adhesive light ahh anyone who knows about superman will laugh

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

This was hiding in my mail box today!

(I need to get to work on TSU fez or something. :P)

Also a ridiculously epic cert thinger that is getting framed and hung in my room next to my Buzzsaw Baby blueprint.

P.S. – It’s a stress wrench. :wink:

• Looks great my Paper Lord

• Commander JET
    Participant

Right on Tinker! Love it! :cool:

• Jade Valor
    Participant

YEA!!! i may have just recruited 2 of my close friends to the TSU!!! AANNNDD one of those friends is on his way to becoming a famous author!  check out his book Legend of the Stars! its a Fantasy/ Epic Novel that i must say is really nice!

• With classes done and over with for the summer, I’ll finally have some time to start working on my custom Pathfinder tabletop campaign.  I haven’t seen much in Paizo’s official material for steampunk or archanotech settings, so I’ll be spending my free time browsing my huge library of 3rd-party d20 material for anything that would fit what I’m going for.

• My friend and I are looking into staying in Sandusky, OH for an extra day after ColossalCon in order to go to Cedar Point! :)

• vicky_fgm
    Participant

Ordered my patches today.  Have a three day weekend ahead of me to make & bake things, mwahahahaha!

• Madame TinkerToy
    Participant

learning all kinds of new fun ways to enjoy my day on this post has made my day!:D

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

This video in Skype Chat, that made my day….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbJFTUsFePQ

• I saw this linked on Fark.com today.

Two words: Nerf Centurion

*drool*

• Goodies in the mail from Commander JET. :D

• no hangover? yay!

• Epsilon V. 2.5
    Participant

Watching Dr. Steel PSAs gave me inspiration and motive to draw again!

Seriously, the man’s a genius, and put a bit delicious mind control in every video!

• Madame TinkerToy
    Participant

Logging in to find that admins posted on my “status” :3

• Evelfa
    Participant

Spending 3 days with Kipling in Newport Wales ^^

• Anonymous

@evelfa said:
    Spending 3 days with Kipling in Newport Wales ^^

Sweet! :mrgreen:

What made my day was coming home to copper sheet and flat marbles for my steampunk projects.  In related news my creativity has been overflowing with designs and creations galore!

• Commander Radar
    Participant

Paintballing and the bruises to show for it.

• ColossalCon and Cedar Point made my entire weekend. Laugh

That also includes a quick 30 min. wait time for this little ride. :)  The line usually ends up being anywhere between 1.5 and 2, sometimes 3 hours long depending on how busy the park is.

• Commander JET
    Participant

@Special Agent VeeVee…oh man we sat there and watched that thing for a good while. That is crazy! Ballz out gal! :P

Oh and I got my tooth fixed!

Funny thing..people always say get a second opinion..I never do. I figure it is what it is. But different dentist, different fix. No tooth replacement! I am very happy for that!:D

• I was just glad the ride was running at all, due to the weather.  I’ve been to that park many times, but I still haven’t been lucky enough to get a rollback on the Dragster.  I want a rollback on that thing soooo bad….

• Commander JET
    Participant

I was just glad the ride was running at all, due to the weather.  I’ve been to that park many times, but I still haven’t been lucky enough to get a rollback on the Dragster.  I want a rollback on that thing soooo bad….

We watched that thing for a long time off and on. I didn’t see any..but, I herd that happens. I would double freak out! :P

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

A shower, a hot, steaming, clean shower after five days at the download festival. I feel human again.

• Private A. Gryphon
    Participant

As of today, I will be traveling to Florida on the 26th to visit my aunt for a few weeks and help her with her summer camp. She runs a camp to teach kids about horsemanship, and learning responsibility and stuffffs…..

But yep. Flying to florida. It’s been FOREVER since I’ve been, so it’ll be nice to see the family again.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

i whent to Kennywood last week and also desided to spread some propaganda…and guess what? SOMEONE RECOGNIZED THE TOY SOLDIER PATCHES!!!! i got to tell her that although Dr.steel is gone the army Marches on!  i made her verry happy, and i was exited someone else knew of him as where i am at noone generaly does. ill post pictures of my little prop spred when i can find out how to get the pictures off my video camera! 

ps: please forgive my absence….i should have been one more than i have this last month. but im here now! :D

• Commander JET
    Participant

Good to hear you had fun times Jade!:wink:

Me: Seeing soldiers send in reports and photos always equals happiness!:D

• Commander Radar
    Participant

Played solo for the first time today. One man and his bass with three original songs. It was surprisingly well received. :D

• Anonymous

That’s awesome, Radar!  What made my day was I finished some steampunk knobs for a fellow Toy Soldier.  Made of 3/4″ wood knobs, stained dark brown and topped with flat marbles!  $10 plus trade for 36 knobs!  Awesome!:D

• I picked four quarts of black raspberries from my backyard today.  Their thorns can be wicked, but they make an awesome pie.

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

First Stampede breakfast of the year! Wo0t!

Nothing like waking up at the crack of dawn to get free chocolate chip pancakes and maple sausage!

YAHOO!!!

• Minion
    Participant

I came up with a new story idea today! ^.^ Now to finish the ones I’m already working on so I can move on to it. Extra motivation! XD

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Go to http://www.vogue.co.uk

And enter the konami code on your keyboard

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A

And then congratulate BritishRaptor on becoming a supermodel.

• Commander JET
    Participant

That’s awesome! XD

• Epsilon V. 2.5
    Participant

I think I’ve finally turned a walk around my block into a daily routine! It’s only one block, but if I keep going, I’ll eventually decide to walk an extra block, and then another extra block, and so on. I also have finally started using my Bo-flex machine that is in my garage. Woop-woop for starting to be healthier!

Oh, and I’ve made another propaganda piece! I’m very happy about that too.

• Raptor
    Participant

My handle on here is @jraptor :P and Raptor here, skype and chat :P

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Way back in the mists of time, or as like to call them, the early 90’s, I was lucky to see a stand up comedian preform on a badly taped VHS special. God, how I laughed. But in time all things fade and I totally forgot the comedians name.

Last night I finally tried to find it again. I had tried this before, but unlike last night, I hadn’t been successful then. This isn’t it, but it is that same comedian and again he had me rolling on the couch in laughter. So, without further ado, I present you with one of the men who inspired me, shaped my sense of humor and keeps me laughing no matter how much times I hear his jokes: Steven Wright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ErMolRE8M&feature=share&list=PL92644F14C56B9167

• Pacific Rim. Yay robots!

• I’m going to Cleveland to see MC Chris tonight! :)

• Nice juicy oranges.

That and chasing my dream.

• I got tickets to see KMFDM in Cleveland this October. :D

• Commander JET
    Participant

I got tickets to see KMFDM in Cleveland this October. laugh

:o Oh man! I might look into getting tickets as well! That would be superbadass to see you there!

and..I have not seen them in over 10 years!

• The Slenderman
    Participant

Remembering my login on here.

• Anonymous

McDonald’s Monopoly game pieces!  No winners yet, but I only need a railroad or Boardwalk…like Boardwalk ever shows up. -_-

• @commander JET said: surprised Oh man! I might look into getting tickets as well! That would be superbadass to see you there! and..I have not seen them in over 10 years!

If you’re interested, they’re listed for Sunday, October 27th at Peabody’s. Tickets are $20 each in advance, plus fees depending on how you have them delivered. http://peabodys.com/newlayout.htm

• Going out and flying a kite with the wife and sons on the field at the edge of the estate.

Sometimes it’s just the simple things…

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Ideas, they come, sparking through my mind! sending jolts of creativity and inspiration through me!

• A homemade blueberry pie for my birthday.

And a copy of The Tome of Horrors 4 for Pathfinder. :)

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Posibility of new hope, hope for a job, a girl, a dream AND hope for a new toy soldier.

i also got my video camera to download pics so i can finally get a mission report in!

also please keep my in your hopes and prayers thier is a job i might get that will set me up with good money (yes its an honorable job in case you where wondering) :D

• I found a $2 bill from 1953. :)

• Missus Tea
    Participant

Went to the Iowa State Fair yesterday. Ate lots of stuff that is probably(no, IS) bad for me, including a deep fried Twinkie-an actual Twinkie and not one of those generic wannabes-on a stick and got to see the actual Floppy. For those who don’t know, Floppy was a dog puppet host of a local Iowa kids show that was on the air from the mid 1950s to 1987 when Dwayne Elliott, Floppy’s creator(and horrible ventriloquest) died of a heart attack. Every kid in Iowa rushed home from school every day to watch The Floppy Show to see Floppy tell horrible knock knock jokes and watch old Warner Brothers cartoons. He also did special live shows at the State Fair every summer and you were totally the shiz if you got to be on the Floppy Show and tell Floppy a joke.

There has been a big controversy lately here in Iowa about Floppy and what the State Historical Society has chosen to do with the Floppy display at the museum, which has resulted so far in our idiot governor deciding to bring Floppy to the State Fair to be displayed at the Governor’s booth in the Varied Industries building. Floppy’s plight has even made national ‘news’ with a surprise appearance on the Jimmy Fallon show(ok, it was just a Floppy tshirt, but still, Floppy was on national tv).

So yeah, getting to see Floppy for realzies was pretty awesome. I even posted a pic on my FB page while wearing my vintage Floppy t shirt. I do think though, that it is time to retire my shirt-it’s a tad tight, and it’s starting to get little holes in it. Of course it’s also probably older than most of the Toy Soldiers, other than those of us FOSSILs…

• Got myself a Nerf RapidStrike today. :)

• Commandant Beaker
    Participant

Being handed a pair of safty goggels at work. Putting them on and shouting “im going swimming”
    coz its friday and my give a *turnip* is broken.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Seeing Lt. Sophie and SilentAl for drinks in London.

Though it didn’t make my day, it did amuse me somewhat that my ‘DIRECT’ bus decided to go “Let’s go to this little village. Ooh! Another little village, let’s go there. Can we go to that one? And that one? Airport? What’s that?!”

• Anonymous

New slider caps!  The slider caps on my organ went missing sometime between 1975 and 2012, along with a strip of wood tone vinyl on the right hand side.  I was able to make NEW slider caps using the same technique I use to make steampunk knobs.

http://voltor07.deviantart.com/art/Homemade-slider-caps-394182806

http://voltor07.deviantart.com/art/Homemade-slider-cap-394184046

• Cinnamon candy apples from the county fair. :)

• Raptor
    Participant

Bought myself a new book as a “Welcome to your new house” present to myself. 

It’s gonna be awesome

• My copy of the Tome of Horrors 4 for Pathfinder came in the mail today. :)

• Jade Valor
    Participant

finaly finished watching full metal alchemist brotherhood with my little brother…i cried roughly 45% of the time…i know its just an anime…but to me…its real…even if just for a moment….and ya know what…I wouldn’t tried my tears for the world…they make me feel…human…witch in turn actually makes me..happy..if that makes any sense…

• Commandant Beaker
    Participant

Buying my ticket to draculas ball. And finding out combichrist is gonna be there doing an old school set. First 3 albums only. I’ve always wanted to go to draculas ball. And its gonna be epic!

• Jade Valor
    Participant

Listening the the best trance i have ever heard wile sipping coffee!  for some reason this morning i feel….happy! witch is a big deal for me! :D

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Coming back to my machine to see a skype convo with everyone replacing a word or two in a movie title with my name. I’m somewhat worried about their sanity at this point.

• @Sgt. Dutch said:
    Coming back to my machine to see a skype convo with everyone replacing a word or two in a movie title with my name. I’m somewhat worried about their sanity at this point.

The Human Dutchapede

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

You just had to didn’t you?

• @Sgt. Dutch said:
    You just had to didn’t you?

cool

• Anonymous

What made my day was waking up to Facebook notifications and finding new Dutchified movie titles posted in the comments of Dutch’s status.laugh

• Jade Valor
    Participant

you guys have ^.^

• Commandant Beaker
    Participant

The super cool package I got from jet when I got home.

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant
  • Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Annnnd today’s awesomeness is…

JET’s amazeballs stuff that appeared in my mailbox today!

I played Barrel of Monkeys for a bloody hour!

• Commander JET
    Participant

Yaaaay! *jumps up and down* laugh

• Commandant Beaker
    Participant

Checked out the video of proffessor elemental – im british and seeing 2 toy solders in it. On being jduk

• Commander Radar
    Participant

My first day of uni. Yay!

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant
  • Anonymous

I had a dream where Sgt. Dutch and Apothecary YJ Chrysalis were spies for opposing factions…in a huge amusement park filled with oversized playground equipment!  Other Toy Soldiers made brief cameos as well.laugh

• The area of Pennsylvania where I live is grape country, and there are a bunch of local wineries in the area, and I just got back from this year’s local wine fest.

I gots lots of delicious goodies including raspberry mead, three different tasty varieties of wine, and fresh, unpasteurized apple cider.

VeeVee is a very happy lady tonight. laugh

• Jade Valor
    Participant

WAIT!!!!! THERE IS A WINE FEST IN PA!!!! damn it! i never hear about this stuff untill too late! cry

on the other hand i just watched tinker waffle video and nearly DIED of laughter!!!! EVERBODY TO THE FLOP!!!!!laugh

• Engineer Airhead
    Keymaster

Seeing 2 weeks of work go viral :)

• @Jade Valor said:
    WAIT!!!!! THERE IS A WINE FEST IN PA!!!! damn it! i never hear about this stuff untill too late! cry

on the other hand i just watched tinker waffle video and nearly DIED of laughter!!!! EVERBODY TO THE FLOP!!!!!laugh

We have one every year in Northeast, PA. (The very northeastern corner of Erie County, right next to the NY state border) Info. The Southern shore of Lake Erie is actually the oldest and largest Concord grape growing region in the world and the largest grape growing region in the United States outside of California, so we have plenty of wine to go around.laugh

• Jade Valor
    Participant

@Jade Valor said:

We have one every year in Northeast, PA. (The very northeastern corner of Erie County, right next to the NY state border) Info. The Southern shore of Lake Erie is actually the oldest and largest Concord grape growing region in the world and the largest grape growing region in the United States outside of California, so we have plenty of wine to go around.laugh

WOOHOO!!! IM GOING NEXT YEAR! :D

• I live in the area, so I’ll definitely be going next year.  I’m also spoiled since several of the wineries are just a short drive away. :)

• Got a Nintendo 3DS today, and a pre-order for Pokemon X & Y. :)

• Madame TinkerToy
    Participant

Got a FABULOUSLY large top hat today. it’ll be perfect for my tsu engineer outfit that I’m finally starting to work on *just might explode from excitement*

• Engineer Airhead
    Keymaster

Seeing this little gem under the ID Card page!

Thank you Dutch and Jet :3

• That’s just brilliant :D

• I couldn’t reply yesterday because I was busy, but I got Pokemon X and Y yesterday.  Yesterday was also my sister’s birthday party / Pokemon X and Y release party.  There were close to 20 people at my house, all playing the new Pokemon games. :)

• Working on the Disneyland Invasion and seeing some of my friends RSVP that they’re attending, including someone I haven’t seen in years! Also I’m excited for the new faces that said they’re going because I love meeting new people. I’ve missed TSU and hope that this will bring that feeling of family and community back <3

• Anonymous

New MacBook Pro!  This thing kicks so much ass, it’s made my WEEK!laugh

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Tinker (finally) got a new phone! It’s soooo nice to have a phone that has working speakers! my Tricorder app can make noise again! Wo0t!

Stupid Motorola Atrix with it’s dead speakers.

• Madame TinkerToy
    Participant

seeing my mission report on the front page!laugh

• I was a bunny this morning, later a mutant, we had a pool party and I got thrown trough a window…

The TSU chat made my day!

• Realizing that my photo with Lucia from KMFDM was photobombed  by Jules…

Lucia and I - KMFDM at Peabody

• Nurse Micki
    Participant

Remembering just how much I missed this place and how happy it made me.

• Commander JET
    Participant

Hello and Welcome back Nurse Micki!laugh

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Realising that there’s a load of holiday hours available at work today!

I’m so damn tired I really can’t deal with being at work today so I’ma finish at 12 and go back to bed

• My LED Logo’s have invaded the store! cool  http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/archives/18320

• Nurse Micki
    Participant

Nice simple one today (as its only 10:47am)

My tutor just bought me a caramel hot chocolate to make me feel better, he literally saw me in the hall and said come one we are going to Costa!

Some people are just nice all year round :)

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

My Team Leader at work just bought me a bag of Chocolate Chip cookies cause I had such high email stats yesterday ^_^

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

It’s coming along nicely. Yes, very nice indeed. Soon now.

SHUT UP YOU FOOL! YOU’VE SAID TOO MUCH ALREADY!

O_O *flees*

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

I worry about you sometimes, Tinker.

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

@Sgt. Dutch said:
    I worry about you sometimes, Tinker.

Shhhhh! They’ll hear you.

• Anonymous

Mah BASS CANNON nearing completion.  Video is being made during the construction, so that will be up after Project Bass Cannon is complete.laugh

• Nurse Micki
    Participant

Watching the dog Run off stage in both performances at the theatre today, and getting the biggest cheer and laugh for it :D Oh and my new Boots and Skirt have been dispatched :)

• Jade Valor
    Participant

dont know just feel…happy today ^.^

• Captain Jack YJ
    Participant

History, repeating itself.

• Corporal Frost
    Participant

What made my day today you ask? I finally received my TSU new soldier kit in the mail! Now I can finish my uniform

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Had a nice reminder of how much weight I’ve lost recently this morning when I realised that I could now put on a pair of trousers that used to be a little tight without even having to undo the button or drop the zipper ^_^

• Corporal Frost
    Participant

Gratz man! :)

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

So this didn’t happen today but I haven’t been online since it happened

On Friday I did my first solo gig at my work’s Christmas Concert (The Open University). Despite having to compete with Belly Dancers on the Variety Stage I still managed to draw a pretty decent crowd. And then afterwards I was offered an hour long slot at one of the Monthly gigs that is held in our Cellar Bar ^_^ 

Watch this space, Mikey is going places XD

• My brother in the TSU chat!

• Drone
    Participant

I have been on this site today when I can and it is nice to see old friends still active. You all might see me around a bit more because I love and miss everyone. :] 

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

A sudden unexpected burst of creativity.

Working on some comic ideas, the Great Toysoldier Scavenger Hunt board game and (some of you may have noticed this on facebook) the Dutch Memes. Been creative for nearly 12 hours straight now and still not tired.

• Anonymous

Nice!  Seeing Desolation of Smaug in 3D made my day!

• Finals week is officially over for me, and I’m graduating college! :)

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

I found out today at work that due to my high quality and productivity when it comes to emails, I’m being put on a dedicated email response team starting in January which pretty much means no more having to answer phone calls from common-sense challenged students ^_^

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Complete format and reinstallation of my laptop, full deep clean of the external drives, and a VPN subscription that allows me to hope through the IP addresses of a dozen countries, with almost NO degradation to my broadband speeds.

I’m turniping ninja I am.

• Anonymous

I have completed my Bass Cannon! Well, almost…some finishing touches remain, like the chrome corners and adjustments to the carpet, but it is FULLY FUNCTIONAL, LOUD, and it shakes the foundation of my home.  I LOVE IT!smile

• Jade Valor
    Participant

been out exploring lately…everything seems new for some reason, its like i am seeing certain parts of my life again for the first time!  and also a man next door pointed me toward a company who is in desperate need of manual labors, so tomorrow im going down to apply, soon very soon i just may have money to start feeling useful! :D  

PS: MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL! :mrgreen:

• Finding this place still running smoothly after a long hiatus.  *finds his dark corner* Just how I left it, excellent!  *gasp*  Who touched my confetti cannons?! 

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

@Sampson the Ultrajester said:
    *gasp*  Who touched my confetti cannons?! 

• It was Pinkie Pie the whole time, I should have known!  I forgive her, for her love of parties knows no limits.  Oh man, there was that one time where Rainbow Dash threw Spike into the punch bowl… who knew he produced hallucinogens as a chemical defense?

• Visiting hekkers and meadmaker, playing the game I made for hekkers’ contest all afternoon, and tasting some fresh brew of mead :D 

• Finally getting a chance to sit down and read through the tabletop RPG books I received for Christmas.laugh

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Getting a mysterious package from Sylvania, Ohio….

• Anonymous

Talking to Jimmy Blue’s sister on Facebook.  It’s nice to have that one connection to my dear friend.  I only wish I got to meet him in person. frown

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Just sorted out the date for my first gig of the year! XD

• I don’t know whether to be proud of this or disgusted, but my town is STILL the snowiest city in the U.S. this winter.

• Got myself a NERF Vigilon at one of those “cheap random item stores” (by lack of the english name) :P

It was €12 at the store, while they are on sale in regular toy shops for €20. Great deal :D

• Commander JET
    Participant

Today a boy in my building who is always smiling at me spoke to me and said: “Hey I have been wondering are you a police officer?” lol! I said “oh heck no! I’m a solider of fun ya see…” and I got to talk all about us and what fun we are, tell him about our site. So I am hoping he will join us as he seems like a really nice person!:) I love the days when I get to talk about us! wink

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

My course books for my Open University Psychology course arrived! 

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Also the new team that I’m moving onto at work doesn’t have to work lates or Saturdays! XD

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

My Christmas card from Tink arrived today and inside I found my name in Galifreyan! XD

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

When I moved out of my Mum’s house I had to leave my PC behind cause she needed it to work from home. 3 1/2 months later she finally got her new PC so I FINALLY have mine back ^_^

Just need to go grab a wireless adapter after work and I can finally get back to DC Universe Online and Star Wars: Old Republic, among other things

• My Bachelor’s degree came in the mail today from Penn State.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Nice one VeeVee!

What’s the degree in?

• It’s in General Arts and Sciences.  I’m currently toying with the idea of possibly going back, since Penn State is getting a new minor for Video Game Design, and it will have different “tracks” for the various aspects of game design from software and coding, 3D modeling, graphics/textures/concept art/etc., music and sound effects, marketing, and testing/quality control.  It’s a brand new program that’s just getting started there, and the minor wasn’t available before I graduated.  I’ll have to look into it further in order to see how much money it would cost, though.

• Anonymous

VeeVee, that’s awesome!  Congratulations!  What made my WEEK was learning that my FAVORITE synthesizer company in the whole world is coming out with a NEW 37 key synthesizer!  And it has a WHOLE BUNCH of new features my Little Phatty is lacking, like a name that doesn’t sound like a drug or sexual reference.  And that’s just the beginning!  It has more knobs, more buttons, more features than ANYTHING else in its price point, INCLUDING the Dave Smith offerings.  A truly amazing synth.  Two days ago I prepaid for one.  It won’t be released until this spring, but that gives me time to sell the old Little Phatty and save enough money to pay for it.  Only three easy payments!  Sub 37, here comes Voltor!laugh

• Trick
    Participant

I just got paid and treated myself to The Watchmen Graphic Novel, which is going to be signed by the artist.  And a new Ork Dakkajet for my 40k army…  I spent too much money today lol

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Nice one Trick, have you read it before?

Also, I bought some new Zoids models which should have arrived today, I will find out when I get home from work in a couple of hours

• Trick
    Participant

I have read it before, but a looooong time ago lol =D

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Love Watchmen, especially the ending, I really don’t understand why they changed it for the movie, the comic ending makes soooooooo much more sense!

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

So I’m sitting at home, wondering what to do with the rest of my day when a friend messages me asking if I want to go watch TNA Wrestling with him at Wembly Arena tonight. MY DAY JUST GOT EPIC!!!!

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

An Update to the above:

Not only did I get to go to the live show, I also went to the afterparty at the Wembley Hilton. Spent the night drinking Monkey Shoulder with MVP and chatting to my heroes all night. It was the best night of my entire turnipping life!!!

• Got my new RBA :3

• The Pokemon Bank is finally available in North America. :)

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

IT’S PAY DAY!!!!!!!!!!

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Waking up to a message from Jet telling me that I came second in the FDC boffer contest.

Although the extremely competitive part of me now has a new nemesis in the form of JDUK for beating me by one vote ¬_¬

• Waking up to see we’re only 70$ away from the 1000$ goal :D

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

This evening, and probably tomorrow, I’m hyped.

We hit the $1000 mark we set out to achieve to donate to charity.

Operation: Dig Deep was a HUGE success. The greatest achievement for the Army of Toy Soldiers performed online.

We’ve NEVER raised that much money, for one charity, that fast.

Nothing beyond the standard glitches one would expect from a minecraft marathon occured!

And now I hear the Disneyland invasion on the west coast was a rousing success as well.

It’s been a brilliant weekend and a brilliant start to the week, and now (since it turned midnight as I write this) the Army of Toy Soldiers and Toysoldiersunite.com IS EIGHT YEARS OLD!

Celebrate, Toy Soldiers, you’ve earned it!

• Anonymous

Minecraft.  TSU Bunker.  Level 13.  A wall that no longer is.  A room hidden until I rediscovered it.  Voltor Enterprises has it’s own corridor, though you may need to fight through a swamp to get there.  Been trying to dig a new passageway to…somewhere…all day!laugh

• I might allow you to make an entrance shaft leading up to level 10

• Anonymous

@Tactical Sgt. Iceroyale said:
    I might allow you to make an entrance shaft leading up to level 10

Awesome!  I would like that very much!  Where would you like it to start?

• There’s enough blank wall space, just make sure it doesn’t cut into any room :)

• Athrun Nailo
    Participant

They have oatmeal scotchies in the company snack stop smile.  That makes up for a bad morning 

• Anonymous

@Tactical Sgt. Iceroyale said:
    There’s enough blank wall space, just make sure it doesn’t cut into any room :)

Okies! ^_^  I’m currently making a corridor for the Rainbow Corps on Level 14.

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

Totally delayed by forgetting to log in and enter it in.. but yesterday was just awesome.

Hooray for the Toy Soldiers, and hooray for Toy Soldier Day!

• Keptin Alwinn
    Participant

Hanging out with my best friend for the second day in a row. She’s a hoot.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

So I’m the star of my team – Said by my Team Leader herself XD

• I DMed a Pathfinder game with some new players, and they caught the tabletop RPG bug so much that they’re seriously thinking about building their own custom 10’x10′ gaming table, and I have lots of ideas for DIY tabletop terrain projects. laugh

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Received a packaged from Jet today full of candy and toys XD

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Opening Minecraft and discovering a little musical surprise. (version 1.7.5)

Any Minecraft players notice it too?

• Anonymous

I’m playing 1.6.4 but I think I know the thing of which you speak…DUH DUH DUH…that thing, right?

• Actually, there’s an official resource pack for the April Fool’s Minecraft Awesomeness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG_Y52bK6Ec

You can download it here

• Commander JET posted some cool art for the TSOSD.

It is awesome! spacecraft

• I plugged the leak in the CISS for my printer.  I’m already getting heavy use out of it with tons of tabletop papercraft.  I can also print of large quantities of full-color prop without running dry.  No more overpriced ink cartridges for me!

bliss_gif

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

Our nifty door-locking system at the office today had a hiccup, so we broke into our own office today using a willow branch… to trip the motion sensor inside.

I like that our office is so secure that a monkey with a tree-branch can break in.

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

I DMed a Pathfinder game with some new players, and they caught the tabletop RPG bug so much that they’re seriously thinking about building their own custom 10’x10′ gaming table, and I have lots of ideas for DIY tabletop terrain projects. laugh

Mu Ha Ha Ha! I love it!

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Just booked my appointment for my Wisdom Teeth extraction! XD FINALLY I CAN GET THESE *********S OUT OF ME ^_^

• @Mikey said:

Just booked my appointment for my Wisdom Teeth extraction! XD FINALLY I CAN GET THESE *********S OUT OF ME ^_^

I had all four of mine extracted when I was only 17.  My face was sore and swollen as heck, but I recovered pretty quickly.  I also ate lots of ice cream.

Anyway, my hardcover copy of Kobold Press’ Deep Magic for Pathfinder arrived in the mail today.

• Today’s weather was actually decent.  I had a day off from work, so I was able to go out in the garage and spray paint a bunch of homemade modular “2.5-D” tiles for the Pathfinder game I’m running.  I’ve got a pretty nice basic set now, and I’ll eventually add more room tiles and unique elements as I need them.

• Mannerings
    Participant

Sunshine and Huey Lewis

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Got the results from my first Psychology assignment today: 75/100! XD

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Congratulations!

• The local Christmas Tree Shops has 50% off on all their vegetable seeds, and they’re all untreated and non-GMO.

I got edamame soy beans, cucumbers, zucchini, radishes, cauliflower, pie pumpkins, two different types of lettuce, Swiss chard, spinach, carrots, and peas.  The only things I didn’t see on the display that I need/want are tomatoes, yellow string beans, and sweet corn.

• Engineer Airhead
    Keymaster

Having finished the new TSU map with faster loading markers and improved search function :D

• Anonymous

Moving my modular synthesizer out of the basement into the living room and adding some touches to its controller, which is STILL not quite ready to be photographed.rolleyes

• Commander JET
    Participant

Thank you so much Engineer Airhead! laugh

I cleaned the whole house today! Got a new bed and couch with new pillows too!

Now I”m making a big pot of chilli for dinner! Today is a good one! cool

• Anonymous

Nice, Jet!  And yes, thank you Engineer Airhead!  Your efforts are appreciated.  What made MY day today is I sent a thing to my synthesizer tech, and he says he can fix it for less than $300!  YAY!mrgreen

@commander JET said:
    Thank you so much Engineer Airhead! laugh

I cleaned the whole house today! Got a new bed and couch with new pillows too!

Now I”m making a big pot of chilli for dinner! Today is a good one! cool

• I finally finished painting my first set of 2.5-dimensional dungeon tiles for my D&D/Pathfinder group.  They’re made from cardboard scraps that would have been thrown away at work, hot glue, and paint.  The edges are raised in areas in order to represent walls without getting in the way like they would if they were full size, as it can be tricky to navigate minis through narrow passages if the walls are too high.

Image of a batch of dungeon tiles
    Close-up of a 25’x25′ square room

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

As of about 4pm yesterday I am FINALLY wisdom teeth free XDbliss_gif

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

I sat in and watched some guys doing a Rouge Trader RP it was pretty damn cool

• Trick
    Participant

Me a and some friends play rogue trader every week.  It’s pretty rad

• Had a job interview which went very good, and just got a phone call that they want to hire me :D

New job starts 2nd of June bliss_gif

• Trick
    Participant

Congrats Gonzo!

• Anonymous

Gonzo, that’s awesome!  What made my day is I’m off tomorrow, so I can finish working on my power supply project!mrgreen

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Congrats buddy

• Anonymous

Cog found me and friended me on Facebook!  TOTALLY made my day! mrgreen

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

So, I went to Holland on friday and have returned this morning with a cargo bike. There’s a second one sitting in the staff bike area at the Hoek Van Holland ferry terminal, which I’ll have to pick up some point this week. But after 4 hours cycling through the english country side, I have returned home with my new mode of transportation, which I’ll spend this week cleaning and repainting and maybe making a little lighter before mounting a freezer on it and starting my ice cream business.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

Not only am I getting paid on Friday, just in time for Expo, I just found out that I’m getting the tax from last month refunded cause they overtaxed me and so I’m getting nearly £1,400 this month ^_^

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

The heavens just opened up, it’s raining cats and dogs, it’s hailing, there’s fork lightning and some epic thunder

Mikey looooooooves storms XD

• Elve
    Participant

Might be somewhat late, but last weekend I had the honor of meeting Sergeant Dutch and some other soldiers. I guess it counts as my first TSU meeting. It made my week *salutes*

• I have enough terrain pieces made to finally start playing Pathfinder in 3D with miniatures.  Best of all, a lot of my stuff was homemade with bits and pieces scavenged from around the house as well as local craft stores.

• Quinn
    Participant

Making this Lucky Charms Chex snack recipe with white chocolate and sprinkles. Not exactly healthy (white chocolate is actually artificial chocolate), but I was constantly on my feet running around like a lunatic at work so it’s a small reward. smile

And getting a theme in line for my Engineer uniform. I may make two: One that is a bit on the theaterical side to wear at events/cons. Then one that’s more toned down to wear on casual days at work since I work at a Home Health office.

• Got called by the boss for a talk, if I was interested to help with managing the bill of material lists and to prepare orders for the production, sorting out the components needed for new orders. And to have contact with the customers when they supply new orders to make sure we get the right components for them. Also checking the PCB layouts when a customer provides them. So yay more different stuff to do during work days, should be interesting :D

• Constable Ad-Tavi
    Participant

Well, I have still been floating on air at being able to see George Takei at Seattle Pride on Sunday, but today it is being able to sleep in.

• My grey Italian Military long coat has finally arrived!

bliss_gif

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

This Toy Soldier is off to Sonisphere Festival in an hour or so XD

• Commander JET
    Participant

Helix Narr sent me a copy of the Manifesto translated in Hungarian, which is now in our toolkit!! So cool! cool

• Constable Ad-Tavi
    Participant

As simple as this sounds….a nice cool, ginormous cup of sweet tea. Makes being overheated so much more bearable. cool

• Picking a ton of black raspberries from the bushes in my backyard.  I also got a package in the mail from ebay full of D&D / Pathfinder minis. :)

• Anonymous

I’m getting a new synthesizer tomorrow!  The all new Moog Sub37!  I preordered it ages ago, and now it’s finally shipping!  I’ve been without my lead machine for too long.mrgreen