What Is Your Favorite Movie?

Home Forums Where The Children Play Entertainment What Is Your Favorite Movie?

• This topic is empty.

What Is Your Favorite Movie?

• Capt. Nolin Vultrus
      Participant

I cant really say my absolute favorite, but a few high ranking would be the Green Mile, The original Star Wars trilogy, and Repo the genetic opera(if it’s a shadow cast)

• Azrael-99
      Participant

one of my best movie will always be dog soldier.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

life of brian.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

There’s just to many for me to pick one, but possibly for the shear surreal hilarity it may well have to be Beatles- Yellow Submarine.

• Dr. Elfinstone
      Participant

REEALY hard to pick favorite anything for me, but if hard pressed I’d say in the top tier would be The Day the Earth Stood Still (original), Citizen Kane, Edward Scissorhands, and Hugo.

• Osiris Bane
      Participant

Man, this is tough. I can’t really pick one, but I’m a big fan of the original Star Wars trilogy, the Saw hepatology (don’t you judge me!), Gangs of New York, John Carpenter’s The Thing, The Dark Knight… I’m sure I’ll think of others, but that’s enough for now. :P

• Anonymous

It’s a toss up between StarWars (both trilogies), Lord of the Rings, and One Flew Over the Cukoo’s Nest.

• Zapper
      Participant

I’m gonna go with the original The Wizard of Gore from 1970 – just watched the 2007 remake last night, I still like the 1970 one a lot better.. Such an awesome movie.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

I’m going with nostalgia here, and the fact I recently posted about it on facebook because watching a single scene of it reduced me to tears.
      The Muppets Movie from 1979. Watch the last scene, ‘The Magic Store’, and tell me you didn’t shed a tear.

• Admiral AN-G
      Participant

Mine will forever be Natural Born Killers, I can’t get enough of it. “HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!”

• Jade Valor
      Participant

StraightJacket, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Chocolate, Super Mario Brothers , Suburban Commando

[End Message]

• Silent Addle
      Participant

My favourite film has always been the 1968 version of Night of the Living Dead.
      Otherwise I am a big fan of Mallrats and the typical geeky films and so on.

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

-scrapes cobwebs off the topic-

My favorite movies include Repo! The Genetic Opera, Star Trek (2009), Labyrinth, and Sherlock Holmes. There are many more, since I can’t really pick favorites, but those are a few….

• Commander Radar
      Participant

Hard Candy, Princess Mononoké, Napoleon Dynamite, Gentlemen Broncos, Akira, Hot Fuzz, Submarine and Ghost in the Shell probably top my list.

• Many films….. Labyrinth, Lost Boys, A lot of Muppet films, Princess Mononoke, Blood and Chocolate, How to train your dragon, Brave and Repo! The Genetic Opera. And there are others…

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

dr strangelove

blues brothers

big lebowski

team america world police

…comedies mostly it seems.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

There are many movies I enioy – my latest favourites are The Hobbit and Cloud Atlas – but there is for sure only one movie that always was and will ever be my absolute favcourite. I loved it as a child and I still have to watch it several times a year. It’s The Last Unicorn :smile:

• Mannerings
      Participant

I think an extensive list would take me years to scribe. I’ll just dust off a few names from the top of my list.

Back To The Future

The Big Lebowski

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

Labyrinth

Super

Zodiac

Silence Of The Lambs

And of course Spirited Away

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

Without a doubt, The Nightmare Before Christmas.

• I must apologise for my choices. Most of them could be considered terrible, or so terrible they are good movies.

Starcrash: It is both the most wonderful and most awful space opera ever and any film that has David Hasselhoff wielding a lightsabre has to be good.

The Princess Bride: So silly, so quotable, so amazingly ridiculous.

Abominable Dr Phibes: Not Vincent Price’s best film by any stretch (see Mask of the Red Death instead) but a wonderfully black humoured horror romp, with amazing staging and once again, the gorgeous Caroline Munro.

Repo The Genetic Opera: Best musical!

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Okay here goes:

Best Musical: Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) Without that there’d be no Repo.

Best War drama: Apocalypse now (1979). A better portrail of the lunacy of war I have yet to see.

Best Fantasy: Disney’s Alice in Wonderland (1951). The book never strays far from my bed side table.

Best Crime: The Maltese Falcon (1941). Everyone is pulling one over on everybody else. they don’t make like this no more.

Best Animation: Akira (1988) Honourable mention for A grave of fireflies here, not the best animated but such a strong story.

Best Sci-Fi: The Fountain (2006)

Best Horror: The Man who Laughs (1928) the movie that gave the joker his smile

Best comedy: This is a touch one. Between “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)”, “The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994)”

and just about anything done by the Monty Python boys together and it’s a royal toss-up on who will win. “Being John Malkovic” was awesome too. I like a bit of Surrealism with my laughs.

Viewing 20 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.