Author Posts

03/10/2017 at 21:49

Lots of Spiral Directors…maybe we should add Spiral Director to the list of regiments…drnk_gif

03/10/2017 at 22:33

Not lots of Spiral Directors. Just lots of Spiral. I go by Spiral Commander, the director obviously goes by Spiral Director and we also have the Spiral Captain Katya.

04/10/2017 at 03:48

Indeed. We all continue to press forward towards a better tomorrow, on the ever-evolving path of the spiral – the twisting double-helix of our Hopes and Dreams pushes us onward…

cool

but our ideals, our purposes, and our stations vary. The descriptor ‘Spiral’ and the title that follows are separate.    wink

W

04/10/2017 at 08:39

@spiral Director Tungsten said:
Indeed. We all continue to press forward towards a better tomorrow, on the ever-evolving path of the spiral – the twisting double-helix of our Hopes and Dreams pushes us onward…

cool

but our ideals, our purposes, and our stations vary. The descriptor ‘Spiral’ and the title that follows are separate.    wink

W  

Ah, indeed.  Very cool!mrgreen

04/10/2017 at 17:57

@spiral Director Tungsten said:

cool

W  

Well Spoken Director! 

19/10/2017 at 04:13

Heya everyone.

I’m the newbie that goes by the name of Jamie!

I’m an 26 year old Australian who loves drawing, writing and games! Also dragons, if my profile picture isn’t a good enough hint. :P

I only recently discovered Dr. Steel’s music and philosophy, and considering how bleak things are in the world today it gave me hope (and some new kickass songs to listen to). After all, what’s the point of anything if you’re not working towards being happy and creating happiness? I think it’s a much better outlook on life then simply “learn, work, die….blah blah blah” That’s so boring! And life should be worth something more then just the daily grind of everyday society.

But perhaps I’m just stubborn and slightly mad. Too stuck in my own thoughts of what could be, rather then focusing on what really is. But that’s just me, I’ve never been fond of our reality, and if I were a smarter more capable person, I’d definitely make my ideas a reality. Robots, mad science and fun! Because why not?

Ahah anyway, it’s nice to be apart of something, and if you ever want to talk to this numpty, you can find me on tumblr and deviantart under the same username. I’ll probably be lurking around the forums from time to time as well. :D

19/10/2017 at 11:28

Welcome, Izunamil!  Always good to have fellow Dr. Steel fans aboard! 

19/10/2017 at 22:49

Hey Sgt. Voltor, and thankyou! ^_^

26/10/2017 at 13:13

Hey all! My name is Francesca and I’m an animator from (and still living in) Scotland. I’ve been a long time Dr Steel fan, but never really came round to joining Toy Soldiers even though I considered myself one (walked around with gas-welder goggles, old pilot hats and industrial grade rubber gloves for a few years not really caring about what people would think of me so long as it made them smile).

I recently found out some of the controversy surrounding Dr Steel’s retirement, and although it saddened me, I still love everything he created in his wake, and I wasn’t prepared to give up on such a formative part of my life, so at 25 I’ve decided to finally jump in and meet you all :)

26/10/2017 at 18:36

Welcome! We’re glad to have you! I, too, am a big Dr.Steel fan. I still listen to his songs on my MP3 player almost daily. His retirement is what gave me such pause regarding this fine movement. I had trouble going from what was essentially a Dr.Steel fan club with awesome ideals to a group all dedicated to those awesome ideals but leaving Dr.Steel behind. After a fair bit of time, mistakes, mishaps and mayhem, I’m back though, recently re-enlisting at 28! I suppose all I am trying to say is that you’re not the only one! We’re thrilled to have you!

27/10/2017 at 04:56

Welcome Francesca!

I’m Jamie, I’m 26, and also a new recruit! *salutes*

I will admit the forums are a tad quiet as of late, but if you like, there is also the Facebook group which is always buzzing with activity. You’re welcome to join in.

As for me, I’m a more recent fan of Dr Steel, and I truly wish I had got to know him before he retired. I am very thankful the Toy Soldiers are still around however even if their previous leader has since departed on his own solitary journey.

Still, while Dr Steel might be considered somewhat classified information here now, his message and ideas still seem to lurk in the corners of the hearts and minds of every toy soldier, reminding us that we too can create and become something wondrous. After all, you might be able to kill a brand, but you can never kill an idea!

27/10/2017 at 23:34

@razzledazzlerubberhose said:
Hey all! My name is Francesca and I’m an animator from (and still living in) Scotland. I’ve been a long time Dr Steel fan, but never really came round to joining Toy Soldiers even though I considered myself one (walked around with gas-welder goggles, old pilot hats and industrial grade rubber gloves for a few years not really caring about what people would think of me so long as it made them smile).
I recently found out some of the controversy surrounding Dr Steel’s retirement, and although it saddened me, I still love everything he created in his wake, and I wasn’t prepared to give up on such a formative part of my life, so at 25 I’ve decided to finally jump in and meet you all :)  

Very glad you could join us!  We’re still creating our own realities here, and invite you to do the same.borg_assimilation_faces_gif

11/11/2018 at 08:40

Greetings, I am Matthew. I probably could have joined some years back, but at the time was active in the Creature’s Community’s Evil Council and was loath the place higher loyalty in another group. More recently it seems that requirement was somewhat laxed? Regardless, this seems like a fine community, and as much as I tend to flit about, I look forward to spreading fun with you all. While long-term project completion is something I need to work on, I seem to be alright enough at graphics and coding, and am consistently surprised at how well received my rare attempts at writing are despite how little I practice it. I guess sheer level of reading comprehension isn’t for nothing? Still, I should definitely save any further typing for later, given that it’s currently after 3:30AM where I am. Goodnight, and may our efforts hasten proliferation of the mad sciences!

12/11/2018 at 09:09

Welcome Meticulac.

Glad to have you with us.

Don’t hesitate to submit some of that writing. Have you joined up with W.R.I.T.E. yet? It’s our own writers collective.

Also Join the fun on Discord, there’s always someone on there, as seems to be most of the activity these days.

So, grab your self one of our patented Mindcontroll cookies, grab a nerf gun and have fun!

06/12/2018 at 06:32

Hi everyone. My name is Michael. I’m based in Melbourne, Australia. I found out about the Toy Army via a 9Gag post. If that was you, thank you. I have no idea what to expect here but I’m willing to give it a go.

I’m in to long sword fencing, ballroom dancing and scuba diving. Some of the people I dance with are in to LARPing so I may get in to that at some stage. Anyway, that about sums it up.

On an unrelated matter, any one know when the standard issue field kits will be back in stock?