“We Are Toy Soldiers” Book Project
Greetings, one and all my Toy Soldier friends! KillerCapybara here with an idea that I’ve had floating around in my head for a good while. A little while back I posted about a book project I wanted to do for TSU, but upon further reexamination, I’ve decided that the other idea I had was a bit too overambitious and not the most necessary. But this one is a whole lot simpler and more fun in my opinion! So read on about it, all the details shall be revealed!
As you know because you are reading this, we are Toy Soldiers. The Toy Soldier army has accomplished a lot. Many Nerf wars had, conventions invaded, and people helped by this humble group of fun-seeking individuals. There is a wide variety of people who have joined the army, both new and old, all with stories and experiences both in and outside the army. Many posts have been made in the forums and on live chat, but no project has really come around to capture the essence of the army through the people who make it up, through their words and opinions. And that’s where this comes in!
This is going to be what I call the “We Are Toy Soldiers” Book Project. Essentially, what I need from all of you is to answer this question;
What has being a Toy Soldier meant to you?
You can write about the fun experiences you’ve had, the emotions felt during missions/invasions, the fun had out playing video games or having Nerf wars, etc. Just something about how being a Toy Soldier and how the army has impacted your life. The rest is up to you.
A few guidelines I’m putting down for this;
- The piece can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but try to keep it lower than 1000 words. This is meant to be a short piece from everyone, not a short novel by a select few.
- PLEASE check for grammar and conventions. I want the book to look pretty and professional (as professional as it can get from a person who’s never done this before, anyways), and text lingo (ur, lol, rofl, etc.) and things like improper capitalization or punctuation could really make it seem the exact opposite. I’ll read over and check for minor things, but if it’s really bad I’ll send it back and ask that you fix it up before I add it into the book.
- Get it to me through either the forum thread here, or send it to me in a private message on the site. This way it’ll all be in one place and I’ll know where to find the pieces.
- Keep your pieces appropriate. This will probably be read by people of all ages and people of all political, religious, or other points of view that may differ from your own. So keep the cursing and aggressive/hateful opinions to none. We want this to be accessible to as many people as possible.
- The deadline for this will be December 31 of this year, so you have over a month to write this as of this posting. Nothing will be accepted after that point. So don’t last minute-ing it!
I will be compiling these into a PDF that I will link here when I’m done with it (will have to figure out where to put it, haven’t thought out all the details of that part yet). I’m hopeful we can make something good, guys! Pour your soul into your writing, and let us know what being a Toy Soldier means to you. I think this will be a wonderful project! And remember to write to me, no matter how long you’ve been in the army! This will only work if I can get people to participate!
So grab your pencils, stretch your fingers for that keyboard, and get writing! KillerCapybara, out!
So this isn’t quite getting as much traction as I had hoped. I’ve still yet to receive an account yet, and it would seem that that not many people are willing to take a look into it. I’m willing to extend the due date past December if that’s what it takes. If you pass over this thread, consider writing a piece for the compilation. It will serve as a nice little time capsule of the experiences we’ve all had in the Army of Toy Soldiers, as well be a nice example to show to future Toy Soldiers about the fun and impact the army can have on individuals and groups alike.
Everyone is invited to write something, just meet the guidelines I’ve laid out in the first post and you’re about guaranteed entry into the compilation. Hoping to see some good stuff!
One week left until the due date! I’ve actually yet to receive any entries, so you can be the first! This hasn’t been given the most attention, so if I don’t start getting some I’m probably just going to have to call this a bust. If you guys want a spot in this and want to express your passion and experiences with TSU, be sure to write up something! More information in the top post if you need it!
@Mike Bigelow said:
Oh crap I forgot! KillerCapybara, is this still open for submissions if it is I’ll send you mine today.
I got yours! Thank you for sending it in! That now brings me to a total of 1 submission. I guess I did not give enough time? Or has this project just not generated enough interest? I’m hoping to get some more people writing for this, but I don’t know if that’s going to end up happening…
If you pass by this post, be sure to write something! Anything! Just follow the guidelines in the first post, or else I’ll unfortunately have to shelve this project. So hop to it!
The forum ‘Missions’ is closed to new topics and replies.