Tuesday 27-10-2015: Cosmonauts Exhibition in Science Mu...

Home Forums Special Operations Divisions TSOSD Tuesday 27-10-2015: Cosmonauts Exhibition in Science Museum, followed by Rosetta *Comet lander lecture

• This topic is empty.

Tuesday 27-10-2015: Cosmonauts Exhibition in Science Museum, followed by Rosetta *Comet lander lecture

• Hello all! As some of you may be aware, I have extended my stay in London after MCM Expo for a lecture on Tuesday the 27th by Lead Rosetta mission scientist: Matt Taylor, you know, this awesome dude:

He will explain the scientific findings his team has made about this comet and about the solar system itself! He’s very funny and down-to-earth in his talks. It should be quite understandable even if you don’t know that much about the actual science behind the project.

It has now come to my attention that at this very moment an exhibition about cosmonauts and the first steps of mankind into space is displayed at the Science Museum in London. As this is right next to the venue where the lecture will be held in the evening, I have decided to extend my plans for Tuesday and make it a proper T.S.O.S.D. Mission! 

Click links below for more information!

Science museum exhibition

Comet landing Lecture

So, any London based Toy Soldiers willing to join me for a visit to the science museum followed by an interesting lecture? spacecraft

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

So how’d it go?

• It was awesome! The exhibition ran from Sputnik to Soyuz, outlining all the historic milestones for spaceflight that were achieved by the Russians. The Rosetta lecture was also enlightening, however a lot I had already seen and heard from Matt at ESA. I will file a full report soon, also one for the ESA infiltration once I’m done with a few other writing obligations.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.