Toy Soldier Flags

Home Forums Art Toy Soldier Flags

• This topic is empty.

Toy Soldier Flags

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
      Participant

A couple of years ago, I made a design for flags for each of the three main divisions (I guess they started to be called “regiments” just before the site redesign). A couple of the flags were actually created by another Toy Soldier and were proudly displayed at the 2010 Doo Dah parade (we were all quite proud of that).

Here is an image of the flags at the parade:

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Our flags even got photos in the local media!

I’ve recreated three of the flag designs below. I’m hoping some enterprising Soldiers will be able to recreate them.

I haven’t recreated my Yellowjacket flag yet, as I cannot find an image of the Yellowjacket shield anywhere. Does anyone have a pic of it they can send me?

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
      Participant

Btw that’s supposed to be khaki on the Toy Scout’s flag, in case it wasn’t obvious.

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
      Participant

Ok, I have redesigned the YJ flag. Here’s the new look.

I’d love to see all five flags flying side-by-side one day. :)

• How much would it cost to have one made

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
      Participant

Personally, I have no idea. Some Toy Soldiers are looking into materials now, however.

• The Disgraced Dark
      Participant

Captain Mayo:
      How much would it cost to have one made

Back a few years ago when I had asked they were running about $250 for a hand crafted, I don’t remember how much for a printed one.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I had found a site a while ago that custom printed patterns on fabric; if I can find it again I’ll let you know.

• spagoso
      Participant

a lot of the company’s that produce flags and banners do a full color print. That is cheaper than the screenprinting they did before. I can get a fleg here in the netherlands for around

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Could you plz post the black and red one with the steel head logo too? I can’t seem to find the template for it.

• mr. Killjoy
      Participant

I’ve made a thing for you, guys. If someone wants to make a flag, they will need t: the vector variants (I worked in a big typography, and almost everything demands vector).
      You can change the colours and shapes as you want, and the image will stay high quality. I’ve included all the flags we’ve seen above: Toy Soldiers, female Nurse, female Scout, Jellowjacket and doctor Steel flags.

I’m sorry, I don’t know whether I can download files to the TSU. If it’s possible, tell me,please, how, as I’ve downloaded the flags to DepositFiles, and you all know it won’t stay there for long. It’s a *.cdr file.

Preview:

• http://www.northstarflags.com/custom-flag.html is a good site for having a flag made. I have ordered from them in the past, and am updating to the Robot Head Logo. Their prices range from $15 USD for what I imagine is “medium” quality to $35 USD for the better quality materials. ;)

Hope this helps.

~Salutes

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

*bump*

Never Mind, I don’t have to make my own thread, there’s this one here already!

Here’s more pictures of the flags in action.

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

These are very awesome flags. I’m kinda on a big printing binge, getting all sorts of TSU printed (Flags, bunting, etc), and these flag designs would be really cool. Nice and simple too, alot of TSU flags have really complicated designs and tend to run up a big printing bill.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Or if you have the time, a hand made flag can bring you a great amount of pleasure/stress/emotional trauma….

• Awesome pic, Iron! Still considering if, and what kind of flag or banner I want. Airhead’s got some cheap deals for banners/flags here, and a cool design as well:

http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/art/tsu-banner 

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Where is my picture of the flag I made for the DisneyWorld invasion which Iron and I wandered about at?
      Where!?

Bother.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

You mean this one Geoff?

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Courtesy of Engineer Airhead. Sometimes I run around the house wearing it as a cape.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Worn as a cape you say…

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

@Brigadier Davis said:

You mean this one Geoff?

Yeah, that one! I knew it was hanging around somewhere!

Viewing 19 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.