- This topic is empty.
Toy Soldier Day Disneyland, California Invasion 2016: The 10 Year Reunion Tour!
Greeting Soldiers, new and old! 2016 marks the 10th anniversary of Toy Soldiers Unite and we’re celebrating Toy Soldier Day in STYLE! We’ll be invading the Disneyland California theme park with our fellow soldiers and having a day completely dedicated to FUN! No rules, no restrictions, no— what’s that, we have to follow park rules? OK, fine. There are some rules after all. We’ll talk about those later so READ EVERYTHING!
SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR THE IMPORTANT LINKS!
Now the REALLY important stuff!
When: March 5th 2016
Where: Disneyland Resort, Anaheim California (1313 Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802)
Time: 10AM Breakfast at Mimi’s Cafe (1400 S. Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802)
12PM (noon) meet at the Disneyland Railroad Main Street stop, just inside the main entrance
Please let me know if you intend to join us for breakfast at Mimi’s Cafe (whether you plan to enter the park or not), so that I can add you to our RSVP.
Any other meetups will be determined once inside the park, but we want this year to be as FUN as possible, so ANYTHING GOES! If you want to split off from the main group, go for it! Just remember, the park is huge and without scheduling a time and place to re-join the group, it’s very likely that you could go the whole day without crossing paths with your fellow Soldiers.
Lodging and travel arrangements will be up to each visitor to arrange. If you’re interested in splitting hotel costs, feel free to post on the Facebook event page and find others who may be interested in joining you.
!!! IMPORTANT RULES AND JUNK !!!
1. Keep outfits family friendly. This has never been a problem in the past but it bears mentioning, just to be safe.
2. No prohibited items (drugs, alcohol, weapons, etc.) are allowed into the park.
3. Be courteous to cast members and other park attendees. Disneyland is a place for everyone to have fun, so try not to lessen the enjoyment for others.
4. No costumes. This rule is new and requires some clarification. I have attempted to get a clear explanation, both online and over the phone, but I haven’t heard any concrete regulations. The best I can suggest is to play it safe and keep the costume to a minimum. Use your best judgement about what a Disneyland cast member might consider “too much” for entry. I’m under the impression that a shirt with TSU patches is acceptable, but that any overly decorative accessories might be pushing it too far. Also avoid any kinds of “official looking” patches such as “Security” or the like. If you’re not sure, bring a change of clothing to be safe. We don’t want anyone’s experience being ruined.
5. Lastly, remember that if it’s not legal outside the park, then it’s not legal IN the park either.
If you aren’t clear on any of these rules, or have any questions, you may contact me directly at [email protected] or post on the Facebook event page, linked below. I’ll do my best to answer any concerns promptly.
Unfortunately, the event is set as invite only and I can’t change it (whoopsies). If you’re not a member of the 1123rd Southern California or 101st Greater Los Angeles division groups on FB, feel free to join them and message me, techiefIve, in order to be invited.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.