Tour of the new Virtual Bunker

Home Forums General Discussions Tour of the new Virtual Bunker

• This topic is empty.

Tour of the new Virtual Bunker

• Anonymous

Welcome to the Common room. The layout of the bunker is pretty straight forward. Looking down North hall, you’ll find the 5 men’s bathrooms on the left, and the 5 women’s bathrooms on the right. Each bathroom has toilets and showers for up to 1550 people. Water fountains are availale, and also can dispense three flavors of Kool Aid; Cherry, Grape, and Orange.

East hall is the women’s dorms, Conference rooms, and armory. West hall is the men’s dorms, garages and hangars for the steamtanks, trucks, cars and airships, as well as the kennels for animals of all kinds. South lies the kitchen/pantry. Our old bunker’s kitchen was very cramped, and we ended up moving a bathroom to make room for a larger refrigerator/freezer. This time around we planned ahead and have 2600 square feet dedicated to frozen goods and 3800 square feet dedicated to soda, milk, eggs and other goods that shouldn’t be frozen. Cookies and cake mix is in cabinets on the east wall, chips and other goodies on the north wall. The freezer is always stocked with calimari and frozen pizzas, so feel free to help yourselves. The oven is capable of cooking up to 500 pizzas at a time, and on top of the stove you will find a vat capable of 200 pounds of deep-fried goodies or 100 gallons of soup at a time. Just be certain to clean up the mess when finished. Same for the 15 cubic foot microwave, next to the oven, and the 22 slice toaster on the counter. Welcome, and make yourselves at home! :mrgreen:

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

I LAY DOWN A CHALLENGE HERE AND NOW!

Create a representation of our Digital Bunker (aka TSU) as an actual army (of fun) installation. I’m thinking of using minecraft and taking screenshots.

• Anonymous

Ooh, how fun! Too bad I’m no good at digital art…best I could do is build one out of Legos, but sadly, I don’t have enough Legos to build it to scale.

However, there should be enough detail to work with in my post above.

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant

“vat capable of 200 pounds of deep-fried goodies at a time.”

But can it flash-fry a buffalo in 45 seconds? :-P

• Anonymous
    • YJ Grimm
      Participant

*raises hand*

Can I suggest mixed dorms… its always more fun that way. Both *fun* and genuinely FUN!

• Anonymous

Of course, there’s no RULES about men and women having to stay in their own wings…

• erdab
      Participant

if someone can come up with a 2d floor plan, I can make it 3d.The only problem I have is making the design.

• Cadeon
      Participant

Perhaps we could build versions of the digital bunker in Minecraft, Doom, Second Life, or whereever else.

• Jade Valor
      Participant

a Game Called Roblox would be great for this. i also made a 3D Castle (inside and out) on a program called Google Sketch-up. unfortunately i don’t have access to the later at the moment. but it might be worth checking out. i can star on the Roblox ver when i can and ill see if i can find a free ver of Google Sketch-up online.

[End message]

• I might try and give it a go using Hammer World Editor, for source games. if you had half-life two you could load it up in-game and run about the compound.

• Anonymous

We’ve added stuff. Check the original post above. Feel free to add rooms as you see fit, but stick to the north, east, and west halls. The kitchen/pantry is it’s own area for a reason. :wink:

• Kuri
      Participant

….. We have steam powered vehicles, water fountains capable of multiple flavors, and is the armory full of toys?

If the last is true I dare say you fine ladies and gents know how to run an army.

• Kuri
      Participant

Also, I propose a game room, with pool and air hockey tables, video games, a dance floor, a huge arcade….. see where I’m headed? Ok, where’s my rock drill…?

• Kuri
      Participant

Hauptmann Wolfram:
      I might try and give it a go using Hammer World Editor, for source games. if you had half-life two you could load it up in-game and run about the compound.

Half Life 2? Forget that use Garry’s Mod, then you can populate the bunker with re-skinned Combine, ponies, Mario pipes….

• Anonymous

Kuri: Also, I propose a game room, with pool and air hockey tables, video games, a dance floor, a huge arcade

• Kuri
      Participant

Sgt. Voltor: That would be the common room.

Oh, my mistake then ^^

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Not that our common room is that common… quite uncommon really.

• MarleyCupcake
      Participant

So, rideable scooter-bots with gps are standard issue, right? Perhaps some glasses that display maps via augmented reality? Cause *looks around* This place is BIG…Big…big…Hey this is fun! ECHO!!…Echo…echo…

I’d also be down for hamster powered penny farthings, or the latest in pogo stick technology.

• Anonymous

MarleyCupcake:
      So, rideable scooter-bots with gps are standard issue, right?Perhaps some glasses that display maps via augmented reality?Cause *looks around*This place is BIG

• Richter Omega
      Participant

So…Since I’m a werewolf, does this mean I get to stay in the kennel? :(

• There needs to be a garden, possibly an indoor one. I need my tree to sit in.

Also Nerf Armoury is an obvious one. Games cupboard. Creative room filled with paints, crafts and all sorts. Workshop for all the more tool based creativity.

• Jade Valor
      Participant

I need an expanded the Runway for the Ship to Ship Paint Ball games i would like to start! (nerf is fun and all but pain ball AIR SHIPS!!! thats been a dream of mine!) “the two air ships meet, slowly fly by in opposite directions, then the first Volleys of paint ball canon fire erupt! then the side bey doors of each airship open up revealing paintball musketeers on each side. First row fire! reload second row FIRE!” ahh that WOULD BE AWESOME!!! :mrgreen:

[End Message]

• Cpl. Delta
      Participant

Well, I just started making this in minecraft here, tell me what you think!

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Looking freaking awesome Ace!

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

That looks great! Will you make the map available for download at some point?

• Cpl. Delta
      Participant

I will try, I have managed to get the file onto dropbox, but I have no idea how to get a dl.dropbox.com link, which is the only one planetminecraft will accept.

• Pvt. Blue
      Participant

The giant smiley face in the common room is especially awesome! I hope that works out so we can actually walk around the bunker.

• Cpl. Delta
      Participant

FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE DOWNLOAD LINK

BEHOLD: THE BUNKER

Haven’t had much time to work on it because of school stuff, but that should change soon. Will also add the link to the planet-minecraft site, and it shall be updated whenever I add something.

:)

• Anonymous

Ace, you win a truckload of cookies for this! :shock:

• Jade Valor
      Participant

hey i need more room in the Food Court for my Digital Cafe!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I didn’t see if there’s a large library, with a pillow pile or not. If there isn’t, get the digging robots to get on it!

Viewing 31 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.