The Venting Thread

Home Forums Where The Children Play The Venting Thread

• This topic is empty.

The Venting Thread

• Commander JET
      Participant

Photobucket

Sometimes, you just need to vent, and get the turnippy day/week/year off your chest. That is what this thread is for.

It’s not for advice, just to get things off your chest, vent about your boss, fill a post with turnips about rubbish quality goods, or whatever.

However, some ground rules:
      1. No passive aggressive comments or flaming someone for a previous vent.
      2. Do not bring arguments (regardless of whom their with) into the thread, this includes issues with other soldiers, staff, or the site itself.
      3. If you have an issue with another toy soldier, PM them first. If not, talk to a Mod or an Admin. We’re not the thought police though.

Finally..

DO NOT BRING THE UGLINESS THAT WE FIGHT AGAINST INTO OUR DIGITAL BUNKER

Thank you and Have a Nice Day! :-D

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Someone’s out to get me at work. But there’s no way in hell I’m taking this shit lying down.

• Sergeant Larks
      Participant

Idaho seriously hates me. In a month here, I’ve been sick and gotten better twice already. If I hadn’t already found a job, I would be going back to California, because at least there I’m not on/off sick.

• Commander JET
      Participant

8-O For reals?
      I feel like I’m insane! :-|

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

How on earth do I actually manage to procrastinate THIS MUCH!

• Raptor
      Participant

I cannot comprehend the human levels of lazy, angst and bitchiness in my sister.

• Sergeant Larks
      Participant

I love my cousin, but she’s so rude when she talks to me. It almost makes me feel like she resents me being around.

• Yes, he likes me. Yes, even more then like, but that really isn’t any of your business ladies. OMG is it so hard to believe that a guy like him could like a girl like me. Yes I know I am not a petite model or your superficial and shallow interpretation of what you think he should be with. You are all a jealous bunch of shallow individuals who need to just stop! How I hate ‘groupies’.

• Raptor
      Participant

Wow, you extended the social invitation to everyone, but me. Thanks. Makes me feel real special -.-

• Kipling
      Participant

[Image Can Not Be Found]

… what the hell, GW. Really? Someone in your advertising department needs a slapping.

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant
    • Osiris Bane
      Participant

Edited a bunch of times, decided to just leave this vague. Song lyrics cuz I guess I’m just like every other insecure person whinging on the internet.

There are no flowers, no, not this time.
      There will be no angels gracing the lines,
      just these stark words, I find.
      I’d show a smile, but I’m too weak.
      I’d share with you, could I only speak
      Just how much this hurts me.
      Just how much you…

• Commander JET
      Participant

Just great! It’s never fails, every time my self-confidence seems to level up a bit there is always some asshole around to take me back down. Thanks!:/

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

You know what bugs me? 90 degree turns! You never know what’s on the other side! You could be walking along down a hallway, all perfectly dandy, minding your own business, and then BAM! You run into someone! Why? Because you couldn’t see them coming! I was riding my bike down the road, ready to turn, and then this honking truck comes rushing at me! I steer out of the road and fall off my bike on to the sidewalk (I’m all good BTW). Life would be a heck of a lot easier if all walls were see-through…

• I have never felt so used! Two, three months of this bullshit, of this passion and fire and terror of hiding it all for you to laugh it off when I broke down on you. You know what’s been going on for this last month? I’ve been breaking under the weight of this, it’s been suffocating me, and you, as my best friend finally ask whats wrong, and you LAUGH at me! I don’t know if you meant it to be so condescending, but it was a dick move. You self centered ass, thinking all of my frustration was over not being able to have you. All I wanted was to not feel the guilt anymore.

• J.F.C. Broken Loony
      Participant

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Really!? You’re going to get all bent out of shape over a MEME about Juggalos? On FACEBOOK?

And it’s not even like I uploaded it as my own picture, shared and/or tagged you or any of your ‘family’ in it, nor was it directed toward ANYONE ELSE that chooses to be a ‘lo’ or ‘lette’. I simply clicked ‘like’ on the page this meme was on. That was it….and now you’re going to be judgmental and self-righteous about it by flaming MY ACTIVITY of me LIKING a DEMOTIVATIONAL POSTER of a SCREENSHOT of BATMAN beating up a bunch of JOKER’S GANG MEMBERS WHO ARE DRESSED AS CLOWNS(HENCE THE JUGGALO DEMOTIVATION), AND continuing to basically direct your ‘negativity’ toward me through other status updates.

But no, this meme is too violent toward one group of people and you would never demotivate. You would rather motivate… AND THEN one of your ‘fam’ steps forward about how he was in Iraq and how he’ll put his boot through the teeth of anyone that ‘talks shit on los or lettes’. Uh, pot calling the kettle black?

And even more when you spout out words in retaliation about your OPINION and how it’s bullshit that it ‘wasn’t welcome’ (which I had never said, but w/e), you are further proving that you are, in fact, so self-righteous that you can’t even laugh at yourself through the irony of this poster…that I simply liked.

And somehow I’M the one causing all of this ‘drama’….over a stupid screenshot from a video game.

• Sergeant Larks
      Participant

So I guess Toy Soldier Day 2012 American Edition: Idaho doesn’t turn out the way a Soldier plans… I mean, I had fun, which I know was the point of today, but I also feel a great sadness knowing that, had circumstances with work been different, I could have made it to the Disneyland Invasion.

I blame my boss. He’s the kind of person we’re fighting, too; a boring, unimaginative, 9-5 working, hard-ass who wants to quash any sort of idea that has nothing to do with “work.” Even telling jokes while on the job! What’s the issue?? I’m still working, I just don’t think everyone should have to despair about work! Have fun while you earn your money!

I know that the market for my job right now has been kind of slow, which is why my hours were cut, but I find myself blaming him for my inability to make it to the invasion entirely, despite the reality of the situation. I mean, it’s not like I’ve really been doing anything important anyway; I’m in paid training, and if you don’t invest the time to train me, I’m never going to be useful to you, because I won’t know what needs to be done on the job site!

If you don’t want to pay me to learn how to work for you, then you can’t expect me to go out of my way to learn with no motivation when you tell me I can’t even talk to a coworker on the site.

Gah. I think it’s just time for a new job. I’m tired of working in a place where my boss is just wasting my time.

• Private Richardson
      Participant

MY FLAMETROWER BROKE!

• Osiris Bane
      Participant

Welp, the good news is I learned that American Head Charge is back together and touring.

The bad news is I learned about two months too late that they were playing in Hollywood in January and they’re going to be playing a show with Mushroomhead in my home town on the other side of the country in April. Bah! That particular tour hasn’t announced any West Coast dates yet but they said they will, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they’ll come here.

Also, inb4 “Osiris Bane has terrible taste in music”. :P

EDIT: Oh, good. Just found out Rammstein is on a US tour (!!!!) and will be in Anaheim in May. Tickets went on sale in November. Totally unavailable now.

I really, really need to stay on top of these things.

• Admiral AN-G
      Participant

OMG! You can not even offer to LOAN me 65$ WTF!!!!!!!!

• Mr. Masheck
      Participant

Damn you classes being full! I need twelve credits, not ten.

• Private Richardson
      Participant

I will be inactive for awhile my parents have banned everything that’s not studying or chores, but I will try to see what’s going on when I can.

• Evelfa
      Participant

I wish people who have no idea what they’re talking about would just not open their big mouths! Or at least say “I think” first or somin >_<

• Anonymous

Officer Cornelius Wimbledon Tesla Dolor: I have never felt so used! Two, three months of this bullshit, of this passion and fire and terror of hiding it all for you to laugh it off when I broke down on you. You know what

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant

Stupid Xerox… How am I supposed to make screenshots of the training pages if the damn training site is down for maintenance?! I can’t write documentation when you do this you know. Grrrr…

• Anonymous

My wife is leaving me for someone else. After 20 years of knowing each other, you’d think that would count for something. But I guess not. I’m losing my best friend. It’s not even worth being sad about, because I have no control of the situation. :(

• Sergeant Larks
      Participant

I feel utterly depressed during half of my time. If my mind isn’t occupied by my boring job or school, my mind starts processing all the ways people don’t like me. No one back home in California even talks to me anymore, like I was just forgotten when I left. Sure, I get a comment on Facebook every now and then, but there’s never any kind of conversation. No “Hey, how are you doing?” or “What’s going on with your life lately?”

My whole life I’ve felt like the odd one out, and now this is starting to confirm it to me. I’ve always been too nerdy to be cool, but too cool to be nerdy. Too weird to be normal, too normal to be weird. I don’t fit in anywhere except here because I spent so much of my life trying to fit in everywhere.

Not to say I don’t like fitting in here; it’s the only place I’ve ever really had, and it’s nice to finally have that. But damn it, I just wish the people I called my friends would call me or something, hold a conversation with me, show me I’m not worthless to them.

Not only that, but show me some recognition for things I did for them. Not once in my life have I ever received recognition for anything I did. Just a “good job” and a pat on the back, while someone else does something lesser and gets more recognition.

Would it kill people so much to show that I mattered in someone’s life?

Anyway, /rant, just needed to get this written somewhere…

• I hate that freaking mall!
      If they have brains at all, they are smashed so far up their butts it isn’t funny!
      First they force the end of lease with nearly 10 decent stores, then they block off a majority of the parking for their projects and their stupid arse car shows. They seriously need to go under and just shut the whole place down because it is the biggest joke! Hey Paul Blart, why don’t ya go hit on some more little high school tramps… or maybe, I got it, DO YOUR JOB! Get the fricken hoodrats out and make it a good mall again! It will never happen, Mc Mall & Management can just go take a long walk off a short pier!

• YJ Nurse Risa
      Participant

I was hoping to put this in a confession thread, but the new site doesn’t seem to have one yet, and I don’t wanna be the one to start it. So I’ll just put it here.

I hate how much my TSU activity has had to decline since I moved out to California. I used to be so incredibly active in Florida, and I miss all the good times we had back there. The perfect storm just kind of hit all at once. All right around the same time, I was thrown in charge of what was somewhat of a sleeper division, the international economic situation has more soldiers strapped for cash and time than ever, the job hunt is daunting at best for me, and my health is at an epitome of badness. I feel like people think that I’ve been using my health as an excuse. (I base this on gossip I’ve heard of words behind my back.) But the sad truth is that I’m not a normal 22 year old woman. I’m sicker than many elderly people, actually. I’m glad that I finally have medical answers to what’s going on (as of January this year, so yay), but the treatment has been brutal. Participating in parades? Out. Camping trips? Out. Conventions? A big risk. I want everything to be like it was last year. I want to be able to walk around all day and help organize and spearhead missions. I want to help put smiles on the faces of random people like I used to.

But I can’t. And I don’t think I’ll ever be able to be as active as I was (in a physical sense) again. Maybe that’s just me being pessimistic with how bad life has gotten right now. And I don’t blame anyone. This is all beyond anyone’s control. But every time I try to organize something in TSU since coming to Cali, I just feel… helpless. And I think that’s why I’ve hung in the shadows for a while now. And for that, I am sincerely sorry.

Edit: Minus 20 points from Iron for telling me there was no confession thread when there actually was. :-P

• Prof. Magnus
      Participant

*hugs* Stay strong, Risa.

• MarleyCupcake
      Participant

Sometimes, I sit and wonder just what the hell I’m doing, and whether or not any of what I have is actually what I want. Or need.

• Admiral AN-G
      Participant

You didn’t have to treat me like a piece of crap when getting the last of your stuff from my house. I guess the playing nice is now over???????

• Anonymous

The price of metal these days is recockulous! Seriously? 1/4 inch brass hollow square is $17 plus shipping for two 2 foot lengths?! And that was CHEAP compared to the local hardware store! :-x

• Captain Roberta
      Participant

I’ve been gone a long time and probably few remember me, school took over my life and I tried to get through in the end I wasn’t good enough to graduate. I failed all three times by 2-3% each time and I have never been more angry and disappointed in myself. I wonder if this was meant to be or if I wasted a year and 1550 dollars into something that wont pan out because I didn’t graduate. I just really hate myself.

• Jade Valor
      Participant

GETTING REAL ANGRY at the way some people run thire mouths! im playing WOW in a PVP Match with my Mom and Brother and some idiot decides to complain about how nobody is doing anything useful and how we all suck, when HE is taking the time to type out all these complaints and is doing nothing himself! so when we point that out it turns into him claiming that we need to get out of our mothers basement and how hes married with 2 kids and actualy has a life. so my mother replies with ” well i am a mother of 5 children and do not live in my basement, so i out rank you” he replies to her saying that she sleeps with her own children to get that many kids! NO ONE TALKS ABOUT MY MOTHER LIKE THAT! I WANTED TO BEAT THAT BLOODY PUNK INTO OBLIVION! AND IM TIRED OF MORONS WHO CONTINUE TO SPIT OUT SICK AND TWISTED WORDS OUT OF THEIR CURSED AIR HOLES! im ok with a polite exchange of insults BUT DO NOT START SLANDERING SOMEONES MOTHER, ESPECIALLY MINE! I take insults to my family VERY seriously!! and if that PUNK ASS MORON had said that to her personally instead of over the internet HE WOULD BE IN THE MORGUE AND I WOULD BE IN PRISON FOR VIVISECTION!!!!!!!

i am not usually this angry..all my friends can vouch for me thire…but i get a tad bit upset with comments like that idiot in wow made…the thought alone sickens me! and to those who dont know what Vivisection is…in short it is like dissection…except you preform it on a subject that is still living and conscious and has been illegal in the USA for sometime now. it was originally use on animals and frogs to see how thire insides function and what not but has been use on occasion on humans. (Nazis in WW2 preformed quite a few Vivisections on various patents). like i said…i am usually a very calm and friendly guy, im even a bit shy in person….but i have a “papa wolf” mentality and tend to think very cruel thoughts when people threaten or slander my family or those few who call me friend. Luckily the Lord has been thire for me and i have not ACTUALLY preformed any of the more…extreme thoughts i tend to have in the above situations so in the end i Rant and blow off steam by slicing inanimate objects into pieces with my sword or butcher knife…. anyway this rant is long enough already and so ill wright no more…..im just thankful that this thread is here.

[End Message]

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I have NEVER, in seventeen years, quite a job before finding a new one.

Right now, I want to quit my job.

• Anonymous

I’m just really pissed. Wife leaving me, has a boyfriend, I have nothing left. NOTHING! Just a pile of parts, a workbench, and two functional synthesizers. At least the dog still loves me. No one else seems to. TURNIP my life. I can’t wait to burn up my Dremel tool cutting steel plate tomorrow. Hope it catches fire. :evil:

• Jade Valor
      Participant

We still love you Voltor! and if she cant see what shes losing then thats a BIG loss she will have to deal with. were here to support you anyway we can. you have an entire army that cares!! :D
      so smile, have a pint and show that steel plate whose boss! :mrgreen:

[End Message]

• Engineer Airhead
      Keymaster

People in a position of power as I have been, will always have to deal with someone who thinks they can do better. Most of the time the people who think they can do better, usually never follow through, but instead try to belittle and demean them. But in cases such as, the one way to put out a fire is to take away its oxygen…. ;)

• Engineer Airhead
      Keymaster

Valor, I feel your pain on the WOW topic. That is one of the main reasons I quit a while back. Too many folks talking garbage, and it took away the fun of the game.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

@valor I’m not a WOW player. but I know the problem from other MMOs. It is selfish, immature and inefficient for game-play (and probably a defense mechanism against their own insufferable existence.)
      I’m a resolute supporter of the ignore button in MMOs, myself.
      If enough people use it on folks like trash-mouth, these munchkins will get isolated and as such crowded out (or at least form their own little sub-culture far away from decent folks where they can bad mouth each other.)

• Jade Valor
      Participant

thanks for the support guys :)

[End Message]

• Admiral AN-G
      Participant

Why do people insist on doing everything they can to try and make others fail????? I have been through so much and learned from it all that no matter what is done to me I will ALWAYS come out at least even if not on top so go ahead and try …….CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

• Jade Valor
      Participant

Admiral AN-G:
      Why do people insist on doing everything they can to try and make others fail????? I have been through so much and learned from it all that no matter what is done to me I will ALWAYS come out at least even if not on top so go ahead and try

• Admiral AN-G
      Participant

Jade Valor: AMEN! Admiral! my entire life up until a year ago has been full of people looking down on me and telling me i cant do it, sabotaging me in some cases

• Commander JET
      Participant

Make that 3 ladies! I feel ya both on that!;)

• Commander JET
      Participant

8-O I was not born insane..people made me this way…

• Greenghost
      Participant

*sigh* I’m just so tired…so tired of things getting complicated. Before it was just fun to be part of a group of a great collective of minds and common interests. But no it had to go get complicated with so and so don’t like so and so and so and so don’t like so and so blah blah. Come on we’re all adults we can all learn to work together and get along. Then there’s this other turnip stuff that’s been going on. “Oh I don’t want to be part of so and so’s group so I want to do my own.” Geez does it really matter? I mean come on. I don’t know maybe I’m just over thinking this since I’m so used to working alone and not being part of any sub groups and not talking gossip about each other in the bigger group. Ugh I’m so tired…

• Evelfa
      Participant

I’m going to have so much spare time over the summer, and apparently there’s nothing I can do to forward my career, tried to get a work experience placement at the aquarium, but no they gave their only place to someone with more hands on experience than me… How am I supposed to get experience if you give the WORK EXPERIENCE placements to the people who already have the experience?
      There’s one other zoo that I can try at, so fingers crossed. But there are plenty of zoos and safari parks around, but I can’t get to them because I don’t have a car >__<

• Evelfa
      Participant

sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who neither me nor my family can or ever have been able to afford a car.
      I’m not allowed to work in the labs at uni over the summer because all those placements are saved for 2nd and 3rd years so they can put stuff on their CV… So apparently 1st years don’t want anything on their CV? I can’t work for the Derbyshire Wildlife trust because I don’t have a car… Again the car thing pops up.
      On top of all that I’ve been trying to find a job all year but no one wants to hire me because the only experience I’ve got is working at zoos, farms and stables so I have

• MarleyCupcake
      Participant

Dear allergies: I hate your face. I’ve never had allergy problems until moving to Sac, and now it appears I’ve become allergic to this entire freakin town. Benadryl at night, Claritin D during the day, eye-drops, staying inside, even trying herbal/home remedies like local raw honey and yerba mate…..and I’m still getting the full gamut of allergy symptoms. Bluh.

• Evelfa
      Participant

It’s one thing that people let me down left right and centre, but for god fucking sake can’t they just say “sorry” rather than going madly on the defensive as to why they let me down? I understand why, but regardless of that they still let me down!

• Commander JET
      Participant

Ingrates!! >.< ….*spits*

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

@Jet Huh, what? Who? Us?
      @Evelfa Sometimes a unmeant sorry and a plastic smile are worse. At least when they go on the defensive they know they turniped up. Good luck with the jobs thing. Maybe, just maybee, seeing your previous employment in animal (related) care, you should see if your local vet needs a hand (and has the cash to pay you for it)? Atleased a little is more than nothing. As for the first year lab thing, I guess they’re thinking you still have enough time in 2nd or 3rd year, but that’s not helping you now, is it. Maybe you can charm one of them to take you on as an assistance if your just looking for lab time.

• Commander JET
      Participant

@Dermut…*wipes your face off* opps sorry bout that.. 8-O

• Raptor
      Participant

My health sucks.

• Anonymous

My health habits suck.

• Evelfa
      Participant

@dermut Tried all the animal related places, they have more than enough people to help them out, however I had a reply from one of the zoos and they want an interview for a volunteer place so things are looking up! ^^

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

@evelfa I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you (or atleased when not inconvenient)

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I got the feeling that my local Division (Secret City Regional Toymakers) is truly dead: I think only three from the area have signed up for the new site and I barely get a response when posting on the groups Facebook page… that has 24 members.

There’s a con this weekend and next weekend, and I get the feeling I’ll be a lone soldier. :(

• TheAtomicSoul: I got the feeling that my local Division (Secret City Regional Toymakers) is truly dead: I think only three from the area have signed up for the new site and I barely get a response when posting on the groups Facebook page

• Engineer Airhead
      Keymaster

This is it! I

• Raptor
      Participant

Dad. I know 50% of your DNA has been used to create me (Anyone disputes this shall gain 1 strike), but that does not mean that I will subject to your every whim and be expected to down everything I’d spent weeks planning to see you for a few hours before you fuck off back to the North.

The last time you had contact with me was on the Saturday of the MCM Expo asking for my sisters number to wish her happy birthday, which you never did on the day. And then you expect me to see you on YOUR terms when it suits you?

The last conversation we actually had was you berating me for not telling you I was in hospital for an infection. If that’s how you’re gonna treat me on a regular level, I don’t want anything to do with you.

Now, fuck off back to Wolverhampton with your cigarettes, booze, bad temper and shit job.

• Osiris Bane
      Participant

Whenever anything goes wrong, I always torment myself/ I feel like I should’ve done something. Even if it’s not my fault. Even if, realistically, there’s nothing I could’ve done, or if there is something I could’ve done, it wouldn’t’ve made a difference. I still feel some measure of responsibility, because I can never shake the thought that what if my involvement had been the tipping point? What if it would’ve all been brilliant, if just one more person (not necessarily me), had stepped up? Even if it didn’t have to be me, it could’ve. It should’ve. I should’ve.

But at the same time, I feel paralyzed and helpless. I dont’ have a car, I don’t have any money, and all I can do is sit here and kick myself and say how sorry I am, and wish and hope and pray as it all falls apart around me. And even if I did have unlimited time and resources, even if the world was literally in my grasp, it would all slip through my fingers.

• Jade Valor
      Participant

well getting a job is sometimes harder than actually working, i have been applying for anything i can in the city i live in for 3 years now and nothing, lots of job opportunity in other citys but my dads a truck driver and take our only vehicle to get to work, so i have to walk. ok well i have been doing odd jobs for people and used to volunteer at the YMMA when for 5 years helping with maintenance, i learned to do all kids of things like construction and how to fix things, so i figured id sell myself out as a handy man for hire! great plan i have flyers posted in churches and corner stores all over the city, i even have custom business cards in the mail……it seamed so good a deal, my hours are mine to decide, i can take the jobs i want when i get calls, i am my own boss….until 2 weeks latter i learn i need a “Workers permit” to do this legally! because i Advertised it, i now need to pay money to BUY a PERMIT so I CAN WORK!!!!!!!! CHA! what kinda world is this! i need work cause im broke, but i need to pay money so i can WORK! sometimes i realy hate living in the USA!!!

[End message]

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Took me 7 years to get a job. Now I have one, the local goverment is cutting funds on small bussinesses, so my boss can’t afford me anymore. :S
      My contract at the end of this month…

Rrrrrealy not looking forward to another bout of unimployment.

And all because some money hungry financers thought it would be a good idea to pay for loans with a loan and covering that with loaned money, which led to the credit crisis. (I am not an economist but I kinda saw this coming, oh 20 years back.) Then to rub salt in the wound these same (or very similarly employed) people thought it a good plan to put all they had left on an Icelandic bank with some very dodgy intrest rates to make a quick buck… Now the goverment thinks it a good idea to cut cost and raise taxes in the social sector. After all there are more poor then rich people in the world, they can get more off them. And if the rich are too much affected they may move to a tax paradise and they wouldn’t get anything, so better to tax people who can hardly pay for their food as is and haven’t got the money to move somewhere nicer and cheaper….

There is no need for common sense to be an economist (appearantly).

Sigh.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Sorry, got a bit carried away there. I hate when I start ranting like that.

• Hey! How’s about using the old brain and thinking things out before jumping to those stupid ideas? Stop pretending that your family doesn’t exist!

• jkhgjrehkgkmnbpajneoh;nragjDSKDNGADNKJDMB GJNEGNEAJKNBNAO

….Landlords…. I’m not sure what they’ve done is actually allowed but lets just say after a five hour train journey home I am not in the mood for this s***

• Apothecary Chrysalice: jkhgjrehkgkmnbpajneoh;nragjDSKDNGADNKJDMB GJNEGNEAJKNBNAO

• Commander JET
      Participant

Screw you people who go out of your way to make having fun complicated!>.<

• Xavier
      Participant

phew I’m back, and I’ve got a lot on my mind, disorganized and everywhere. I’ve been trying to socialize more with people, but since my failure in school, I’m now going to an alternative high school, stuck at home all day (as opposed to half of the day like usual). So I spend more time on the internet and realizing I don’t have very many friends. I am growing more tired everyday. Of everything. I’m stuck in a shitty relationship with a girl that I love, but she no longer believes me in that I miss her. I’ve lost a couple of friends from other shit that went down relationship wise, and my girlfriend lost her best friend of several years because of that fallout too, and I was the fault of it.
      Recently, I’ve also got back into the habit of listening to the music that helped me deal with the loneliness years back. Which is also what brought me back here.
      My paranoia has been resurfacing, I’m unsatisfied with being out of shape and barely able to run without drawing painful, icy breaths afterwards, my heart rate through the roof, pumping hard and fast like it’s about to explode in my chest. I can barely carry heavy weights.
      Possible reasons my social life sucks: I can’t ride a bicycle or skateboard. I don’t like the beach very much. I have no idea what teenagers do for fun. I’d rather be at a library or a music store or in my room on Netflix than go to a party. I don’t like dancing at all (which also angers my girlfriend). I get actual headaches from most pop music (not the “holy crap, can we please turn this crap off” headaches, actual “this music displeases my brain” headaches), which also angers my girlfriend.
      In short, I’m just very sad, introverted, and lonely. Also, people suck.

• Raptor
      Participant

I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. DRIVE.

Why is this hard to understand?!

• Xavier
      Participant

Raptor:
      I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. DRIVE.

Why is this hard to understand?!

I can relate.

• DonaldQuag
      Participant

I put on the moonlight sonata before I read this thread, now I am so angry at the world, but maybe thats the red wine and the lack of decent politicians in my country? bah my answer I’ll run another day of Nerf fun!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

If I do not find a way out of this job, and out of this house, then something is going to find its way out of ME.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0[/video]
      [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acgvRle07GI[/video]

I don’t care about having a home to call my own; all I want is a place I can CREATE.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

DonaldQuag: the lack of decent politicians in my country

Decent politicians? I though those went the way of the Dodo with Teddy Roosevelt and Churchill?

• Missus Tea
      Participant

You know, harping at me for working at a job that doesn’t use my college degree not only pisses me off, but it’s pretty shortsighted. Have you not been paying attention to the state of the entire WORLD’S economy right now? There are tons of people working at jobs that they are slightly or even grossly over-qualified for, IF they are even lucky enough to have a job.

Frankly, I have about had it with you. If it bothers you SOOOO much that I “have a BA for Christ’s sake” and should be living somewhere I could actually use it, why don’t YOU find me a goddamned job? Have you even bothered to have an actual conversation with me any time in the last decade or so to see what I think about the situation? Oh wait. That’s right. We had to contact your ex husband to track you down when Dad died to let you know when it happened. And it took him almost a WEEK to find you. And then when you did finally come back for his memorial service you were FOUR HOURS LATE! So I don’t think having face-to-face conversations with any of your sisters seems to be a huge priority for you–that might cut into your booze and meth time.

IF you bothered to actually talk to me about it, you would know that I willingly sacrificed moving far away to possibly find a job in my field for staying close to home and my parents and my in-laws because they are all elderly and need help occasionally. I went back to school to teach and thanks to the shitty economy, the teachers who SHOULD be retiring are sticking it out for a few more years so there are no jobs for me. The factory job that you have on several occasions decried as a “waste” of my time and talents actually pays MORE than teaching does AND it has the added benefits of getting me in shape and letting me work the same schedule as my husband so we can carpool and save even more money.

You know what I think the real issue is, Big Seester? I think it chaps your ass that Dad actually paid for my first year of college and then sent me money the next year so I could live off campus. Maybe he would have done the same for you if you hadn’t decided that pot, booze and screwing guys whose names you probably don’t even remember was more important than staying in high school. Maybe he got tired of loaning you money and then finding out it went to drugs, or that abortion or whatever else destructive things you wasted it on. Maybe instead of ragging on me about MY choices in life, you should take a hard look at your own life and decide if you want to keep on destroying yourself while blaming all your problems on everyone else.

• Commander JET
      Participant

So I throw up on the way to work today and have to turn around and call off. Making everyone pissed at me. Then had to go to the doctors to get more meds and a big shot in the ass! Then had to call of the Dentist appointment I have been waiting weeks for because now I can’t afford it and have to save up again!
      TODAY SUX!!!>.<

• Chaplain Gumdrop
      Participant

Ouch, sorry to hear all that Jet.

• Commander JET
      Participant

Thank you PfC!
      Today I am still sick as a dog. All I want to do is sleep but, I can’t. Every time I lay down I choke. I don’t know why I get this feeling everyone hates me when I’m sick too..like I’m just full of fail cause I can’t do what they expect of me. It’s nothing but, disappointment from people when I say I’m sick. I know I should take better care of myself so, I guess it is my fault. I just wish people would give me a break sometimes! >.< It's not like I want to miss work and be broke..or sit home in misery..nope no fun at all!

• Chaplain Gumdrop
      Participant

If you ever need a human to listen one-on-one, I do have a degree in Counseling and I have excellent bedside manner I’m told.

• Commander JET
      Participant

I like how people ask me questions they already know the answer to. Especially more than once..it becomes very transparent. But, I’ll play along like I always do for the sake of peace, if that makes you more comfortable. After all I’m just some silly chick who couldn’t possibly figure you out..right? :-P

• Missus Tea
      Participant

Commander JET:
      I like how people ask me questions they already know the answer to. Especially more than once..it becomes very transparent. But, I

• Commander JET
      Participant

Sounds like a real piece of work Mrs.Thomas! Mine yelled at me today swearing that something was done that was not. Then when it was proved that is was not all he said was huh…I could have sworn! Yeah buddy…I’ll make ya swear!

Today’s vent!
      Today someone took my laundry out of the dryer set it on top then put the stuff in the washer in the dryer and stared his own load of wash.
      I go to the landlady and tell her he did that and she says “oh maybe he was just having a bad day and won’t do it again” I said “Yeah he is gonna have an even worse day when I catch him and break his F***in fingers for touching my shit!”
      WTF is with people? I have waited 2 hours for someone to move there stuff. I would never do that..it’s common knowledge asshole! >.<

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster
    • Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Yes, it can be argued the Dr. Steel could’ve gone about things a lot of different ways, and his methods might not always have been the wisest. But he inspired thousands of people, and certainly a lot here. And many of us look into the things he highlighted, the philosophies and ideologies.
      I can understand your frustration, but we’ve all moved on now. The Toy Soldier Army is about the Toy Soldiers. And those of us working on Toysoldiersunite.com have already made sacrifices to keep the movement alive, and will continue to do so to keep it growing.

I’m going to move this to the Venting thread as that’s where this certainly does belong.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

You may or may not have noticed that there’s an equal if not greater use of the Toy Soldier logo.

And if there was a new Dr. Steel turn up, I’d imagine the reaction would be a mix of huge confusion by newer members, disappointment by older members, and probably some anger at the usage. Yes, it’s the idea that’s important, not the man, but it was that man who started it. I could not support someone who uses the personal imagery that someone else has put 12 years of work into.

• Lieutenant JDUK
      Participant

Surely we do not need a new dr steel because we are now a self run group,

Yes it is sad that the doc left but he gave us the idea and entrusted us with the foundations and the ability to tell the world that life isn’t a grey wasteland and we can have fun wherever we are.
      He told us about the singularity and a number of things.

The mans who started it has gone but the ideas still remain and who are we to lets that die because one person decided to stop?

• Raptor
      Participant

(FORE WARNING; I’m feeling like I’m gonna vom any minute, thus, grouchy)

Doctor Steel has retired, this is flogging a dead horse. He has officially retired, his web sites have been removed, he doesn’t want to be contacted and he has given us his blessing to carry on as a self run group and we’ve done well for ourselves considering.

We’ve revamped the site, the shop, encouraged the same amount if not double or triple the amount of creativity among various things, seen lots of new ideas. Hell, we even have a movie in the works.

So, the Doc had a vision and we’ve expanded it.

TL:DR;
      We’re doing well. Please don’t knock it.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Dear Baalbamoth,

First off, your story is very familiar to a lot of us as are the emotions you display at his retirement.

Most of us don

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster
    • Silent Addle
      Participant

A new Doc would have the potential to splinter the group, as you can see the general feeling is that we do not need a figurehead to lead us.
      If someone did try to take over many would just consider them to be a pretender, which would divide them from any who might accept the new Doc.

But whether or not we might support a new Doc matters now because we do not need a new Doctor, we have a message and we have plenty of projects in place.
      We do not sit idly by and stagnate, though our number are diminished, we are more active and we are ready to move.

I think we are fine as we are, I hope Dr. Steel looks us up from time to time and has cause to smile over the work we do, but we are strong enough to not need, nor do we want a new Doctor.

• Honestly I can’t imagine a new Dr. Steel, nor would I want one. I have enough body changing Doctors in my life as it is(Like Doctor Who). I can’t think of anyway that it would work, especially knowing that there’s no one out there who could be everything that Dr. Steel was, different, maybe, but never just like him.

To me it feels like a betrayal, getting anyone to be a new Dr. Steel. A stab in the gut for all he worked for. (My opinion)

He gave us the freedom to continue as Toy Soldiers, he gave us his blessing and told us to go, and personally, that’s more than enough. He gave us our last marching orders and died (albeit, not peacefully) in his sleep. So leave the poor man alone. Unless he ever comes back, no one is going to fill those shoes, because no one can.

There’s no one like Dr. Steel. (End rant, sorry for any hurt feelings, but there’s my two cents)

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Ok, I’m going to call an end to this debate (or exchange of views, or whatever you wanna call it) cause I can see where this’ll end up. Points have been made, and we’ll leave it at that.
      So the matter is closed. This does NOT mean ‘One last thing’ or ‘One final point’ on the matter. The next post is an unrelated Vent.

• Anonymous

Have to drop off my ex-wife’s crap at her house today. I’ve actually been dreading this, because she’s such a negative force to be around that it’s emotionally draining.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Sgt. Voltor:
      Have to drop off my ex-wife

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

I’d also like to remind people that there are Toy Soldiers of the younger generation that check the forums, so please check your language (or the context within).

• Engineer Airhead
      Keymaster

I am tired of working for non-intellegent condescending apes who haven’t evolved yet.

• Anonymous

Dermut: Just dump it on her lawn and drive off. Sounds like she did the same thing to you and your heart.

Eeyup. That’s what I did!
      :mrgreen:

• Lillium
      Participant

O.O I read that as “Take a dump on her lawn and drive off”

• Anonymous

Lillium:
      O.O I read that as

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I went back where I got the shirts for my test run and they’re off sale (I’d swear I got them last Sunday!) Now unless I can get a business license they’re going to cost 2-3 times as much as I was originally estimating which, for me, is far higher then I want to sell them for.
      I was going to buy a few shirts and sell some winged designs this coming weekend, but I won’t make much if I’m buying the shirts retail price. :(

I am now putting the designs I made on sticky backing and just ruined 8 of them from the sticky backing bubbling up when applied, which may, or may not, mess it up when it’s being applied to a car. So, can’t use those. :( :(

Edit: saved a few of them, only lost one!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

anyone else get annoyed when people say ” chillax “?

• Lieutenant JDUK
      Participant

That’s a mighty fine vent you got there mayo

• ((VENT! I wonder where it leads…))

So after all this time we’ve been friends you decide to storm out? My bad for having a photo shoot with my other friends. My bad for being friends with other people you threw to the curb without reason. I’m not the crap friend Sam, you are, and we both know it.

• Vent at self:
      STOP FRICKIN CRYING! Seriously, why do you wind yourself up into such a dark mood when you you know you will end up sobbing or near to it? Stop listening to sad music, stop thinking sad thoughts, stop worrying so much! The things that make you cry…. most of those things are just possiblities! You know the people who care about you do love you and don’t hate you, so stop thinking about it…. or tell someone your thoughts, someone who won’t judge you or think you’re a whiny, self obsessed wreck.

• Lieutenant JDUK
      Participant

Dear mr landlord and one particular member of a estate agency….

Would you kindle find something big, sharp and pointy

And sit on it with a large amount of force and vigour

Much thanks

• Lyca Watyre
      Participant

(thanks Chrysalice! i needed to read yours. <3 )

VENT!

I’m not ready to let you go. I don’t care if that’s the way life is. I want you to stay because I’m a selfish little being who still loves you and wants to keep you forever. Stop aging right this instant. I can’t face it yet.

• Commander JET
      Participant

I know you are getting upset I keep laughing at you. But I can’t help it..your a joke man! :-P
      There is a HUGE difference between Cockiness and Confidence.
      Confidence…people look up to.
      Cockiness…people down right hate. No matter what you think.
      Learn the difference ass hat!

• Evelfa
      Participant

Had 20p in my bank account for the past few weeks, don’t get my student loan through until enrollment which my course have decided to do at the end of the week as it’s most convenient for them… I’ve been living off 1 & 1/2 meals a day because that’s all I can afford and now it’s making me ill and fatigued, but I can’t do anything about that until my student loan comes through which will be in about a weeks time. (Luckily I have a friend who’s has got her student loan early so shes happy to lend me some tomorrow)

Job hunted all summer (since May) to little avail, mcdonalds were the only people who would give me an interview and they got rid of me after 3 weeks because they couldn’t be bothered to tell me where to improve.
      I have a good CV and write good cover letters, but when all the job openings you apply for end up with over 1000 applications for just the one opening you chances get a lot slimmer.

Wanted to do so much this summer for my career, just learn skills that would help me in the future when getting a job, but nope. Couldn’t do anything because I had no money, I had the most unproductive summer, and when I look back on it I feel awful because of all that time I could have spent doing things but there was nothing I could do… I don’t let things get me down, but the one thing that does is not being able to do anything, I hate being in the house with nothing to do.
      Now it’s my last week or so before uni starts again and it’s going to drag!

Sometimes I wonder “will i actually be able to do what I love? What I’ve been striving to do my whole life? Will I not get the jobs just because I come from a very low income family, so I can’t afford to go off around the world volunteering like so many of my peers have done. Will the jobs all go to them?”

So many people I know at uni who are pretty much just there to get as drunk as possible all the time and not actually study, they go off to Africa for about

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant

***This is work related***

Don’t blow me off you ignorant, fairy, twat! I am in charge of training you douche-canoes so that our office can continue to look epic at head-office because we have the highest number of people certified and not just me carrying the damn office.

When you have no calls to do, no one else needs help, and you’re waiting for HP’s training page to grant you access, you can do the Lenovo training I ask you to do (both HP and Lenovo are due on Sunday) and not just bloody ignore me and go surf Facebook or whatever BMfuckingW site you frequent.

I’m not your boss(yet), but if you keep ignoring me when I’m asking you to work on your training, I will have you written up. After that, I get the Cat5’O’nine tails out and the beatings will commence.

Vent capped.

• YJ Grimm
      Participant
    • Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Head kindly stop trying to implode.

• Alida Brocklehurst
      Participant

First off, this thread is exactly what I need!

Ms. Landlord, this is for you:
      The furnace is broken! It has been for 6 months! There are 4 people living in your nasty, old, trailer from the ’70s. I get 1 warm shower ever 3 days and it lasts for 10 minutes. Also, remember the fake wood floors (the snap in ones) that you put it? Yeah.. You missed a spot. There is a 3’x3′ spot of just floor base that has been like that for 4 years. I know you have to left over wood for it! So don’t try and sell it in that garage sell! Oh but that’s not it! There is a hole in the bottom of that crap you call a tub (the original tub from the ’70s). And that hole leaks water into my bedroom floor and walls. So there is mold in my floor and walls of my room. And I’m really allergic to mold, so thanks for not fixing that! Here comes more medical bills. So why don’t you take the $6000 you just made from the garage sell (forcing her boyfriend to sell all of his recently dead mothers stuff) and fix your damned house instead of trying to buy a stupid RV before I report you for not doing your landlord duties!

Ms. Step-sister, tis for you:
      No one likes you. You’re stuck up and look like an Oopa Loompa. Stop sleeping around with married men and your ‘friends’ boyfriends. You’re not a Classy Lady. Stop calling yourself that! You don’t own me, I’m not going to do whatever you say anymore to avoid fights. Deal with the fact that not everybody idolizes you.
      P.S. Shower more often. Everytime you come over, your hair is greasy and you smell like rotten fish.

Dear “Friend”:
      Thanks for hanging out with my ex after he left me. You really showed who you cared about. Even when I housed you after your no-for-good ex was beating you and kicked you out. And thanks for sleeping with my ex after your abusive bf left you for getting fat. I can’t count the times I saved you after being stranded in the middle of nowhere. Also, you owe me about $500. Yeah, I LENT it to you. BORROWING does not intell keeping it.

Dear A-hole who called me last night:
      I actually have no idea who you are. You called from a restricted number and had the audacity to leave a voice mail telling me what a crap girlfriend I am. If I were a crap girlfriend, I wouldn’t have spent a total of 24 hours drawing pictures of my boyfriends old cars so that he had something from me. I wouldn’t wake him up from naps with back massages. I wouldn’t take him out to lunches. I wouldn’t spend my spare time practicing cross-stitching so I could cross-stitch his tattoos to make awesome pictures for a quilt for him for christmas/birthday. He wouldn’t gaze into my eyes everytime he is with me and confess that I am amazing to him and that he loves me. So suck on that!

Man, do I feel like weight has been lifted off my shoulders now.

• Violet Oblivion
      Participant

Mm. A little…upset because a girl who I am kind of friends with but not too fond of kissed a boy who I kind of like. I’m not so much upset because oh em gee that’s mai boy, but moreso because the reason that I did not make anything resembling a move (aside from being shy) on him is because I don’t want to fuck up his tenuous mental well-being. He’s had a lot of self-confidence issues and girl troubles in general, and basically JUST started getting in a better mental place recently, and she’s just kind of manic and mood swingy and I am afraid of her jerking him around. I also don’t think he’s really quite ready for a relationship which would be why I didn’t do anything about my own feelings. I guess I am mildly attracted to him but I care about him a lot. I just don’t want her to hurt him.

• Commander JET
      Participant

If all you do is spend your time talking bad about other people..this tells me a lot about you. You have nothing else to offer anyone. You are a weak manipulator and you really never grew up. You look for every opportunity to cut down someone else, which means you are trying to take the focus off your own faults and life failures. You giggle and laugh at other peoples misfortune(which is a very sick trait). Do you realize when you do that how transparent you are? Sure he believes you because he is a daft as you are! I hear the things you say everyday, then you wonder why people don’t like you. Who would want to get close to you? You are not a nice person at all. I’m a very forgiving person and give people many, many chances before I cut them off. But today I see, I would never tell you something I don’t wish others to hear or be made fun of. If there is one thing I have learned in this life it’s if someone is constantly talking bad about others, then they are talking bad about you as well.
      Now you can stop holding how much older you are above my head like your some wise person…your just embarrassing yourself!

• Today I made a microwaveable lasagna meal and the instructions told me to lift corner to vent.

I did!

• Violet Oblivion
      Participant

Honestly, I really don’t think I can do anymore for you. I’ve tried talking to you, I’ve tried talking to other people to smooth things over, but I’m just done. You say that you hate almost all of your friends now and that they need to admit their own faults, but honestly you need to look inward to. Also congratulations on mastering the art of both beating yourself up to the point or absurdity, yet placing all of the blame on others. I have so many words of advice to give to people, I try so hard to always be there for people and be someone who people can just talk to, but to be honest you’ve used me up.

It hurts because you used to be one of my best friends and I have no idea why you seem to go around picking fights and just generally hating all of your friends these days, but really, I think I’ve given up. I guess you don’t hate me? I don’t know. I’ve kind of stopped caring. It’s bad enough that you treat yourself like crap, but now you are pushing it onto other people, too? I’m done. I feel like you are manipulating me.

• MarleyCupcake
      Participant
    • Violet Oblivion
      Participant

MarleyCupcake: I need one of these.For reasons.

>.>

Oh my.

• I guess I can call this a vent as I’m yelling at myself internally again.Stop doing things that stress you out when they don’t need to. You aren’t going move yet so stop looking at flats you can’t afford anyway. Stop looking for jobs you can’t start yet either. Yes planning is a good idea but not if it results in you wanting to curl up into a ball and cry your eyes out because you may or may not succeed…. Focus on right now. Focus on your degree, take steps to prepare for after but don’t look so far ahead. For once listen to yourself….

• Alida Brocklehurst
      Participant

One of my only friends near me is being depressing.

He kept on complaining about how he hates his part-time job, and that he needs a better one. Well this position opened up at my work. He was well qualified for it. $16/hr 40+ hours a week. I told him about it, he said he would send in his resume. So I go to HR and give him a good word and said that he was a hard worker. What does he do? Complains he doesn’t have a computer to update his resume. I have a computer! What does he say? “Oh.. I’m on Vacation, I don’t want to have to worry about that right now.”

So he makes me look like a complete butt to the whole office, and that position gets filled within a week. Now he is griping about how he wished he used my computer. Well you know what? SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA!

I have very, VERY few friends. And I’m getting to the point where I want to just stop talking to him for awhile ’cause he is dragging me down with him. I don’t want to be depressed like he is. Grrrr!

• Ophelia Pemberton
      Participant

Where to start; ok well I will start with this phrase: what the hell-SERIOUSLY!!!!!! My sisters cat was pregnant previously and had some kittens apparently she thinks I’m a threatening person to her brood and her. My brother is more of a threat than me!!!! I never even kicked or smacked her before! So she ended up giving me an infection which made me take pills and have shots and a emergency room visit. I recently healed up and have been paranoid about her because she acted psycho towards me. She bit me again for no reason yesterday!!!!!!!!! I was helping her kitten and she went for my leg, guess where? Near the same spot as the previous one. Now it hurts like the dickens and I start work to or row. I’ll be on my feet all day tomorrow.

Secondly my friend is too nice and has no spine. Her apartment is roach infested and her management is worthless there. She has no one to stay with that is near her school and work-EXCEPT her dominant psychotic ex. He manipulates her making her do things she doesn’t want to do and it gets worse. She’s a very weak individual… She comes to me for help but she never takes my advice saying its unnecessary. What am I supposed to do.? I care about her but she acts like its nothing what he does to her? His girlfriend lives with them also and she is jealous because he still wants my friend and puts her boyfriend on a pedestal SOS she won’t stop him.

• I come before you with a heavy heart. I feel so much and yet sometimes I feel nothing at all. I don’t know where to turn, who to talk to, or how to deal with the things going on in my life. I feel I am ready to stop fighting and go willingly into Death’s Abyss. There is no solution to these problems but what I may find in the afterlife.

• Commander JET
      Participant

Sending message now…

• Thanks for that info- it helped. Kinda feel embarrassed and ashamed, because after all- it is not death that I am seeking, but rather a solution to a problem. Death is not a solution, but is a welcome friend when my time is due. (In my own proper time) I am not afraid of death. It possibly holds answers to my curiosities. And there are many. Among my riddles to solve is WHY I have had this dark interest since childhood. When the other kids were reading about Dr Suess and doing arts and crafts, I had discovered Medieval torture devices and found books on the occult to be strangely fascinating.

But what I never took into consideration was the sorrow and pain that I would cause to family and friends alike if I were to take such a drastic measure. What a selfish thing it would be to remove myself from the love of those around me, and those online w/empathetic spirits.

I always was the one to reach out to others. I never imagined that it would be me who needed someone to reach out to… Thanks for being there.

C-ya 2mro. And the day after that. :D

• I feel like my stomach is twisted. I’m confused about what to do and I want to scream, beg and cry at the same time. The reason why? Because I have trust issues with people, including those close to me, while at the same time I distrust them I will let them pry at my feelings and expose every nerve…. It’s stupid I know, never really found the balance. But because of these issues, some of the people who I consider close put me in situations where I can no longer trust their words but still want to be friends. Why did you have to do that? All you did was tell me a half truth and when I sided with you, trying to put it right I discovered the full truth, and I still won’t confront you because its hard to believe someone I considered a friend and good at heart would do something.

Guess I’m just a naive, stupid little girl. Thanks for pointing that out to me once again.

• Jade Valor
      Participant

Apothecary Chrysalice:
      I feel like my stomach is twisted. I

• Alida Brocklehurst
      Participant

I don’t know what to do with myself anymore. I don’t know how to be in a relationship with a guy without it being serious. So it’s ruining my relationship now. My boyfriend told me he needs a break from me. I can’t see him until November 1st and it hurts. It hurts to know that I have driven him to the point where he doesn’t even want to be near me. He doesn’t know if he wants to be with me anymore. He said he would give me one more chance. I honestly think I’m bipolar. One minute I’m fine, the next I’m flipping out over something so minute. I’m completely self destructive. And I don’t want to be anymore. Idk how to just let things go, and just go with the flow. I constantly need a plan at all times. Like a week in advance. I’m going to my doctor tomorrow, and I’m hoping that he prescribes me something that will calm me down and help me think more clearly. I don’t want to push away another person that I love and care for so deeply. I would never be able to forgive myself..

• Commander JET
      Participant

8-O Oh you can have some dreams where you kick my ass old lady but, that is all they will ever be! *cracks knuckles* m>..

• Violet Oblivion
      Participant

Your supposed apology message where you apologize for your “faults” kind of reeks of passive-aggressiveness to me. Has it really come to the point where I just doubt the sincerity of everything you say online? Yes, yes it has. I tend to pick things apart and look at every word and tone and my analytical self is telling me that you are being kind of passive aggressive. Really, if you really wanted to mend your friendships, you could. Easily. Those people aren’t bad people no matter how much you want to demonize them. They’ve put up with more from you than you have from them. I thought that maybe eventually I’d have advice to give you again. But no, you’ve still bottomed me out. I’ve never felt less willing to give advice to someone. I…haven’t talked to you within the past week, really, and it honestly hasn’t felt different. I haven’t missed you. What does that say about how far you’ve pushed me without realizing it?

• Jade Valor
      Participant
    • I hate my tutors. I hate my tutors. I hate my tutors. NON-EMAIL READING IDIOTS!!!

….Basically they’re threatening to kick me off the course, in my final year, because I missed three sessions. I emailed them before MCM to let them know of my absences but they didn’t reply so either they didn’t get the emails or they didn’t pay any bloody attention to them. So I recieved messages telling me I had unexplained absences. I replied saying I had told them what was going on but seeing as they must not have recieved the email I will explain again. Then I got another email from a different tutor stating yet again my lack of explaination… rinse. repeat. So far one tutor emailed me back saying he hasn’t recieved word from any of the others.

Cut to now. I come home to a letter basically saying if I don’t get in touch with a tutor soon they will kick me off the course. It’s my final year. I have done my best to explain EVERYTHING to them…. I am going to cry or scream or both until things make sense again.

….why the hell aren’t they listening to me?

• Jade Valor
      Participant

because teachers can in fact be complete idiots! my brother is in a cyber school and often has trouble with teachers not receiving or just not reading their emails and complaining to him that he dosent have his work done on time….sometimes i just think they give people a hard time to be jerks. just know though Alice that YOU did EVERYTHING right on your end so all the problems caused there is on them. ^.^
      i Pray everything works out fine for you in the end :D

• Kieran R. Foy
      Participant

Bloody FEMA!

Seriously, they buggered up Hurricaine KAtrina (who remembers the series of management disasters in New Orleans?) they buggered up Isaac (I’m working in a call center, getting people the materials, funds, and assisstance they need to recover from Isaac and the only thing they ever tell me is how FEMA did absolutely jack to help) and now who actually wants to bet they’ll do better with Superstorm Sandy?

Gah! I hate having to help patch back together lives that FEMA should have helped. I have people whose houses are filled with toxic black mold that FEMA just says “It’s livable, deal” to.

GRAAAARRRGGGHHHH!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with some things

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I am being consumed by darkness.

I hate my job. HATE it. I am the nicest person on the job to customers, but it’s just a mask; this smiling face is a lie.

The only suggestion people I know have is to go to another job they randomly find in the paper. This job isn’t any different then what I am doing, it’s just at a different place and the person doesn’t understand that changing locations doesn’t change how you feel about the job.    And I have done this type of job for nearly 12 years.
      I’m sick of this job, and it’s showing. I’m becomming a bitter, hatefull, angry person when not talking to customers. If I didn’t need the money, I’d quit, and I have NEVER quit a job in my life.
      On top of this bitterness, I am also having more headaches. I don’t know if it’s from getting stressed by the job or what, but it’s troublesome.

(I now refer to this job as a psychological lobotomy.)

I am becoming everything I never wanted to be and I am losing everything that makes me who I am.

Now, I am working on things to try to get out of this job.
      — I’m trying to get into making T-Shirts, but none have been ordered.
      — I make Vinyl decals, but haven’t sold any online and in limited quantity at cons.
      — I make hard badges for people with anything they want on them as a better alternative to having laminated plastic, but none have taken me up on it.
      — I am also making prop replicas, but am having a PAIN of a time getting a mold to work.

I think my prices are low and fair, which makes me wonder if I charged more people would think it’s a better deal. :/

Once I get the prop replica in production I am going to start a fundraising project. If I can make enough off it I will quit this job and at the least be out of debt so I can look for something better and at the best, get a small studio space as well so I can keep making things for people to enjoy.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

SO.

I could get a house for about $25,000.

COULD.

But…

— Banks won’t loan out less then $50,000 for a house. Plus anything I buy they will tack on another $5,000 in fees for closing cost.

— I can’t get a personal loan due to not making enough in a year (at which point I wouldn’t need the loan.)

— Prosper has limited me to $14000 despite having a great credit score, long job history and never being late on a bill.

I swear I was raised being told your credit score was the KEY to getting things done and now, deposit it being good and having all my ducks in a row on paper, I still can’t get a darn thing done.

• Commander JET
      Participant

You go out of your way just about everyday to make sure everyone around you knows you don’t want to be a part of what is going on or anyone’s life. Annoyed at everyone around you…

Yet you complain at the same time you are not included in things and feel excluded by everyone.

You want to be happy? You want people to include you?…then include them! It really is that simple and you have nothing to gain but your own misery by acting like this. Fool! >.<

• Lieutenant JDUK
      Participant

Why is it that as a person you live your life being respectful and try your up most to be friendly and a good friend to others around you but when you try to have a casual chat with someone you’ve known for a while but out of the blue, unprovoked, they tell you in no uncertain terms to go forth and multiply…… whats up with that?

• Jade Valor
      Participant

AtomicSoul : Forgive this late comment. please dont despair about the Darkness closing in on you, i dont know if you are religious and i hope you are not offended but ill keep you in my prayers. Dept is not a good thing i know that first hand, my own family is not doing very well no work and 7 mouths to feed = not a good time.  i hope and pray your business’s kick off and bring you out of debt.

Commander Jet : people like that really make me mad. and your right it IS that simple, some people just ether not get it or refuse to.

Lieutenant JDUK : some people are just having a bad day (which isent an excuse anyway) or they are just mean in general..people now a days just dont make sense and like to take any problems they have on others… and also because you are being respectful and nice….some people will label you as a freak or a goodie two shoes…i dont know why some people just dont like people who act as a person should be acting. its times like that you just grin and bare it.

• General housemate courtesies:

1. Using people’s things are fine provided you ask first or at least let them know you had to borrow it later on.

2. Unless of course it is a new thing and has not been unopened by owner of thing. For example food or tooth paste.

3. Breaking of other peoples things while irritating is less annoying if you own up to said breaking the moment you see them. If you do not do this then I am likely to let you use my stuff in the future.

4. Borrowing of things with permission does not give you the right to then hoard the thing in your bedroom…. Mugs and Hairdryers in particular.

5. If having guests over, try to take into account that not all housemates are as social as you. To allow those guests then mock the shyer housemates because they don’t want to have a big confrontation whilst trying to get you to be quiet because they have an early start the next day and need sleep is not a nice thing to do.

More direct points:

Don’t use my mugs anymore. We have spare mugs for a reason and the ones you like using are my personal ones I have some emotional attatchment to. I’m worried about you breaking them and not telling me.

Don’t take my hairdryer out of my room to use in your room. I don’t care if you wake me up with it in the morning, I prefer that to having to go into your room to retrieve it.

Don’t put stuff in my room that isn’t mine!

Don’t put things in my Orchid’s soil! You’ll kill it if it’s handled too much and he’s not quite recovered from someone deadheading him!

Don’t use my toothpaste! It was in a box! I don’t care if you don’t have any! It wasn’t yours to open!!!

Sorry bout this guys. I do like my housemate, she just drives me up the wall.

• Commander JET
      Participant

Dear co-workers,

Are you serious? I never talk about my personal life with you people! Ever! And when I do you say I was looking for attention? Um no..this is why I don’t share things with you people because I don’t want the attention especially from you! I just though I should tell you before you find out another way and get all upset I didn’t tell you. Dammed if I do dammed if I don’t right?! Why don’t you wait til I leave the room completely before you start talking smack about me?

Also no, I’m not a weirdo..I have a personality..you may want to get one at some point in your life before you die! >.< One more thing! Don’t buy me something from Goodwill that you think I will like and then right after that make fun of me because you got it from the little kids section…that’s entrapment!!! >.<

• *pets JET* easy girl breath.

• Epsilon V. 2.5
      Participant

I’d say “Kill them all” in my regular fashion, but that’s not something a Toy Soldier should do, really.

Take it to your boss. This is really the only advice I can give.

• WO. Gurney
      Participant

I’d personally rather have people insult me to my face, than have them insult me behind my back. Though people shouldn’t be so petty regardless.

I can sympathies with bull shit workroom politics. Lets just say I’ve encountered work places that were down right Machiavellian (in workroom politics) and leave it at that.

I agree with Epislon, and I hope everything is resolved.

• Commander JET
      Participant

Thank you for the pets Mayo lol;)
      and thanks for the input guys. Yes my first instant is just that Epsilon I will admit it! >.< but yeah..then rational comes into play..:/ And yes I agree WO..then I get a chance to defend myself!
      Well I tell ya…I get made fun of a lot being me but, that also gives me an opportunity to the excellent smart-ass that I am when the occasion arises :D ..and it surely will!
      I don’t usually take things to the boss unless it’s really important. At first he didn’t like me much but, then he got to know me and we are on good terms. Besides..got enough fools in my office that run to him every time something doesn’t suit them, I don’t need to be on the pest list.:/ And office revenge is so much more fun!

• Evelfa
      Participant

I think that the internet brings out the worst in people… Countless examples of people saying things online that they would never say in person because they don’t really have to deal with the consequences

• Greenghost
      Participant

Been a while since I’ve been back to the old bunker. Been busy busy working on projects. Anyways I’m here cause well I need to vent a little. So I’m a costumer or cosplayer I too I guess, my friends swear there is a difference, anyways it’s frustrating wanting to do these more elaborate and nice costumes but I can’t since my budget for these things is practically non existent and I don’t have the sewing skills, so yes darn it that’s one of the reason i don’t do a lot of anime cosplays so get off my back about that. What I do know how to do is make costume armor and geez that stuff can get expensive and takes time. Right where was I going with this. It frustrates me a little I have friends that can pump out amazing costumes while I’m doing well…just about anything with a suit and mask I can make super cheap and easy. In particular one of my friends who just buys his costumes all the time or get’s someone else to do the work, which would be me on some of those projects. It’s frustrating he just buys the costume, puts it together, paint and done wearable where I’m building my damn costumes from scratch! I mean yeah it’s flattering he trusts me to make a good product and flattering people are trusting me to make them a good product but still what about me? I don’t have any real amazing or extravagant costumes because I’m too busy struggling financially to pay for anything and working on other people’s stuff. Ugh I guess my overall  point that I wanted to vent is that I wish I could do that. I wish I could just pay someone to make the damn costume and wear it. I wish that but well I can’t. So for now it’s back to making stuff from scratch. I don’t think I even want to go to that open photoshoot this weekend. I don’t have anything new besides the steampunk and no one really cares about that anymore.

• Raptor
      Participant

I AM NOT YOUR PERFORMING MONKEY! Stop trying to start conversations when I have too much shit to be doing rather than sit and pity you and be your fucking errand boy! 

• Kipling
      Participant

*ahem*

RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH

That is all.

• Lieutenant JDUK
      Participant

mayo you’ve already done that gag

• Evelfa
      Participant

I think most would agree that it is generally seen as a positive thing by most people if you get up and fight for what you believe in.

Well the internet is a different place despite what may be said by individuals in real life.

So many times when I post up something on Facebook regarding something that I personally feel is wrong, it gets attacked by people in my age group who think that I’m a moron and have no idea what I’m talking about…

I’m sure everyone knows what I’m talking about.  Don’t be that person!

If you think that what they’re saying is bullshit just ask them about it, you may find that they have a lot of scientific evidence backing up their points.  Also it saves you looking like the moron if they come back at you with loads of info that you didn’t know.

• Raptor
      Participant

Fuck you Crohns. Just. Fuck. You. 

You spoil about a perfect night out. A completely fucking perfect night out when I FINALLY muster the courage to flirt with a girl and BOOM! You decided “Fuck you, you’re not getting any tonight!” And completely, utterly, thoroughly fuck up EVERY- TURNIPING -Thing. 

Thank you. 

As soon as there’s a cure, I’m signing up for that motherfucker BECAUSE YOU’VE RUINED EVERYTHING ONE TOO MANY TIMES!

• Kipling
      Participant

I feel like I’ve been lied to. Tricked.

“Go to university!” they said. “It’ll be the best three years of your life!” they said. “It’ll help you get a job!” they said.

What a load of horse manure. The last three years have pretty much been the worst three years of my life so far. I’ve jumped through their hoops, worked myself to the bone, suffered through innumerable anxiety attacks and it has left me broken, paranoid and depressed. And for what?

A £9,000 piece of paper that will be about as much use to me as a chocolate teapot.

I sit here, three days before my dissertation deadline, with nothing to hand in because every time I try to write the damn thing I have a mental breakdown. I should have talked to my tutors about it, but I haven’t. Partly because I’m afraid. Partly because I don’t think it’ll help in the slightest. Because I believe I’m no longer capable of working within the confines of the education system. They trapped me here, chained me down for so much of my life and when the opportunity came to get out, to finally start living my life, they blinded me to it. Made me believe that the best course of action was to stay, to carry on jumping though their hoops because that’s what you do. 

But I’m exhausted. I’m wounded, blundering forwards, dragging my feet with wolves at my heels and each and every jump bleeds me just that little bit more. I know the end is in sight, that I only have a few more hoops to jump through, but each jump couldn’t look any higher, or further. I fear what will happen should I fall.

If only I was as good at writing dissertations as I am at this emo twaddle.

• So…. despite me saying from the start that a february/march shooting schedule was what I wanted. My d.o.p. thought we would be shooting in april. The potential shooting schedule change isn’t the problem…. the issues this change brings well, my tutor tells me that I’m not leaving the filming too late and I would lose my main location.

So here are the problems with changing the dates back to the original dates. I may lose my main villain AND I definitely lose my D.O.P.

So I need an emergency D.O.P. or I forfeit my location…. and well everythings just getting messed up. I may have a panic attack… Fun times!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

So, Vomiting, Diarrhea, headache and to top it all off I was drinking turniping non alcoholic beer! 

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Yes, non alcoholic beer has that effect on me too.

• Ding ding! Round two of Uni Project madness…..

Basically I’ve rescheduled my shooting so that my original D.O.P can stay on the project. I’m fine with this. We’ve worked everything out.

I go on FB and get the following message from my Producer

‘Hey Alice, (Someone) was talking to one of your friends in (Shop), and apparently you’ve been saying that (Director of Photography) ‘sabotaged’ your project? Or has been working to sabotage your project? I’m not sure what’s going on here, but if this is true, those are some really problematic accusations – you know yourself that (D.O.P)’s reputation at the university has been key to his consequent successes. He doesn’t know about this, and he’d be devastated if he did, but I just wanted to clear things up with you first.’

……Names were changed coz well I still like these people. I still want to work with them. I never said D.O.P was sabotaging me. I said I was struggling with my work and having moments of utter despair since he might not be able to work with me. But hey if your project begins crumbling under your feet how do you respond. I was a little wound up by how the D.O.P thought we were filming in april despite me telling him otherwise but ‘sabotaging’?! No… He’s a friend and I’m not a Hctib. I know it wasn’t his fault if his Boss won’t let him work on those dates. I should have been better at communicating as well.

Yay final year….

• Lieutenant JDUK
      Participant

for a peaceful life I wont be saying this to named person and considering they have no links to TSU i shall write it here.

I thought I made it very clear to said madam whom doesn’t like me for reasons to minor and pathetic to reiterate, but when her father comes to my domain to spout his shared disliking to me and once again for a peaceful life, I try to role with the verbal punches and bat them away with some element of diplomatic skill…… when all is said and done I only have to say that on this day no **** was given, not a single one.

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

I… kinda hate my job. No, not hate it exactly, but my boss doesn’t make it easy. She’s a very nice woman but massively paranoid… And that puts a lot of pressure on me to perform well. Pressure and not much useful support. And I can’t say anything because it’ll make her worries even worse.

Also turnipping customers, making me feel about 10cm tall. Turnip you, I understand you’re upset but you really don’t have to take it out on me and patronise me, I’m doing my best for you. Get bent. 

• Raptor
      Participant

I hate this hospital. My care is put on a back burner compared to less able patients, I frequently have dangerously high temperature spikes (We’re talking 40-41 degrees C here), I’m constantly dehydrated and I can’t shower as I’m banned from it as I ‘might’ be infectious. 

Every fucking test they’ve done to see if I’m infectious has come back negative. Every single one. It’s getting stupid. The food is shitty and barely edible, I often end up asking family to bring fast food to eat because at least it looks and smells edible. I don’t sleep well at night because I can only have 4 lots of paracetamol in 24 hours and I have them all during the day. 

Also, I don’t think the doctors talk to each other either. I’ve been asked 5 times by 5 doctors. “Have you been aboard recently?” “Have you been in contact with anyone who has been aboard?” “Is there a history of TB in your family?” over and over again. 

I’m getting worse with each passing day and they’re as close to a diagnosis now as they were when I walked in the Medical Assessment Unit on the 1st of March. Well done NHS. Well done. 

• Lillium
      Participant

Just because I’ve never told you certain things about my past before doesn’t mean I just made them up.

I’m really looking forward to never having to see you again.

(not about anyone in tsu)

• Raptor
      Participant

Why do people ask me important questions before 9am in the morning? More often than not, when I’m still asleep?

It’s stupid and interrupts my precious little sleep and makes me grouchy for the rest of the day.

• Raptor
      Participant

I know I’ve been venting here a lot recently, but this hospital is driving me crazy

So, I left the ward today. To get some fresh air, new surroundings etc etc. Refreshing myself as a patient before locking myself back in my hospital room for X number of days at a time. 

I get back to the ward after my few precious hours out to found out that I had been filed under “Absconded against medical advice”.

What does your medical advice say about a patient who has to stare at the same 3 walls and ceiling every day for a fortnight? Because he can’t leave his room because he ‘might be infectious’ to other patients? Who can’t shower or clean himself properly because ‘he might infect other patients’?

I’ve broken down mentally more times in the fortnight I’ve been here than most of year put together, because of the reasons listed above.

I’ve been put a back burner since I got here on the 1st of March. It’s now the 16th. I’ve had no diagnosis, I’ve been on anti-biotics for 3 days before being taken off them because ‘they weren’t effective’. I’ve been given the shitty end of the stick when it comes to food and I’ve had more scans than I care to mention and some of the nurses just don’t seem to give a fuck.

I think I’ve earned a few hours outside of hospital grounds with the attitude of the NHS towards me here.

• ugh…..

My stuff being used – Slightly irritating, especially when you use the last of it or FORGET which is your stuff…. coz then your stuff is still lying around rotting and mine is gone.

noise – actually usually you’re pretty good, except when friends are over and you completely fail to get them to keep it down! Seriously the last time you had a party and while I was fine to mingle you seemed to forget our other housemates are shy and one of them had an early start so…. maybe shutting everyone up was a good plan? The last time your friends were over, and I do find them nice enough, but was the jumping up and down strictly necessary? One of your housemates lives in the room DIRECTLY under yours.

The whole being tidy/not tidy thing – Okay yeah I’m a little messy in the front room, but you hardly ever go in there. I know its coz you say I claimed it as my nest but my room is freezing! If you spent more time in the living room I’d try to keep it tidy at least. Yes you’re the only one who really keeps the sides in the kitchen tidy too. On the other hand you leave dishes in your room, in other rooms and in the kitchen that don’t get washed for days and while everyone in this house is guilty of such a thing at least we realise its a good idea to wash as many dishes as possible when it gets to a poor state! Seriously? Leaving a note on the board next to the one about washing up saying ‘None of them are mine’…. that’s coz we’ve washed up YOUR dishes time and time again OR you’ve forgotten which dishes are yours coz its been a decade since you checked. Admittedly I prefer it when I do the dishes too coz you have a bad habit of stacking everything so it’s like Kerplunk! or Jenga to deal with when dry…..

….Anything else?

Oh you left the front door wide open this morning….. so yeah thanks for that.

I love you to pieces…. but I also want to make you into pieces.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Special eh?:x

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

Just AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• SCREAMS!!!

Why do our bodies cause us pain?

Tired of being sick!
      Tired of headaches!
      Tired of high blood pressure!

Tired of foot pain!
      Tired of having to walk carefully so that my leg doesn’t give out and I collapse!

Tired of insomnia and if I do fall asleep, tired of waking up so often.

Tired of worrying about this and that and everything!

Just tired… 

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

where is the vent picture with the sinister eyes?

• Mannerings
      Participant

Apathy why are you here ?

• oh hello bad thoughts…. I don’t really have time for you right…. oh okay you’re just gonna take over my brain for a few hours. Great well try not to mess me up too much this time… oh…. okay we’ll just…. fine then….  I’m too tired to fight you right now. do your worst.

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

Well here we are again. Stuck in the same dull routine. Sleep deprived and scraping by. Alone again. Questioning why. Constantly, constantly questioning. But never getting an answer.

• Commander JET
      Participant

My heart just broke into a million pieces…why him?:cry:

• Chaplain Gumdrop
      Participant

@Jet – Sometimes, there just aren’t answers. The rest of the army grieves with you, even if some of us weren’t that close. I have quite a bit of training in crisis counseling, so if anybody needs somebody to listen (about recent events, or in general), I’m willing to volunteer my time for the army. Stay strong everybody <3

• It’s not really an obsession with people messing around in my room and taking stuff  if I occasionally ask if someone borrowed something from my room. That’s just me coming to a possible conclusion if we can’t find something.

I’ve only asked once before if someone took something out of my room because my sister couldn’t find the disks to her games, that were put in my room for safe keeping. You let people stay in my room all the time, so does my step brother and I don’t really question it coz hey my room is basically just storage these days anyway.

Also you admitted last night that my room wasn’t a safe place to hide alcohol coz the one we’re hiding it from will look there for it but not in my step brother’s room. What the hell?!

It’s not an obsession and if its based on something that genuinely happens then its not really unfounded.

….I just want to find my gameboy for christs sake.

• Chaplain Gumdrop
      Participant

@chrysalice What you should do is set up elaborate traps and video surveillance. Then upload the videos to Youtube, monetize that crap, and then buy awesome games with your hard won gains.

In all seriousness, that sounds pretty annoying and I think you’re well within your rights to be a little irked. I do hope you find your gameboy. Gameboys are like battery-operated friends that can go anywhere with you. What kind is it anyhow?

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I want to get away.. far far away from my daily life. I want to take a week to a month away from everything and spend it camping with no computer, phone, or other annoying, distracting device.

I want time to recover. I want time away from this constant “Go go go” that my life has become. I want time to hit the Reset Button on my soul, so I can once again become the happy go lucky guy I used to be.

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

I hate the person I’ve become since moving away from Uni.

I’m introverted, shy, angry, and really bad at maintaining friendships. Its only thanks to my other half’s endurance and love that we’ve stayed together this long. I’m constantly drifting apart from my friends, and its getting to the point where I genuinely feel there is maybe one person in my life I can talk to. And even with her its a much more one-sided relationship than I care to admit.

Maybe I should seek therapy again.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I’m getting thoroughly ticked: I’ve been working on a project for FOUR MONTHS and every time I get close to a point that it’ll be done, something messes up.

I’ve spent a LOT of time and money on this. More then I ever intended to or wanted to. I want to be done with it so I can start on the next item on my list. And it’s a big list.

• MarleyCupcake
      Participant

I’m worried my internal clock is busted.  I keep going to bed later and later.  I get off work at 10:30 pm and used to be in bed by 2am, then 3, 7…  Now I’m just thinking to go to bed after 8am.  If this weren’t the weekend I’d have to be up in about 3 hours to get ready for work.  I’m afraid I’ll end up like I did back when I worked the grave shift, when I started hallucinating and attacking people in my sleep.

:?

• Epsilon V. 2.5
      Participant

God damn school. The people, the curriculum, the damn building itself…..awful. It’s as if it serves to simply piss me off and make me get up at six in the morning.

I shouldn’t have to tell you how hard that is for a sixteen year old.

• Commander JET
      Participant
    • Engineer Airhead
      Keymaster
    • Chaplain Gumdrop
      Participant

@Jet – What does Marsellus Wallace look like? Congrats, I’m now picturing you as Samuel L. Jackson, and it’s terrifying.

• Dammit I didn’t want to execute you… Why did you have to spread those posters?

(Roleplay, no worries)

(also, 100th post, woo!)

• Raptor
      Participant

Ok, listen and listen carefully and somehow what I’m about to say will find it’s way into your thick skull. 

I. Cannot. Come. To. Your. House. Because. I. Have. My. Medication. Delivery. At. 7:30am. 

So I can’t come down to your house tomorrow night, because of that. I’m skint so I can’t afford a cab to get back home. 

Also, it’s not my fucking fault that you decided to take a cubic fuck tonne of overtime to pay for stuff that you know you shouldn’t really be buying AND expect people to come running at a drop of a hat when you’re feeling a little lonely in your flat when you’re not working. 

You want to move out, but you’re going all the way up to Liverpool to see a band. 

You want to pay off your debts, but you go out and buy brand new games and wonder where your money has gone. 

You want to go to the States next year, but have fuck all savings to pay for the plane tickets and spending money. Why? Because you buy and spend far too much. 

You look to me. The unemployed college student. For the occasional financial support. I cannot afford to support you and myself with the little money that I get. 

So, take a step back, sort your fucking life out and stop relying on me to be on call for you 24/7. I have my own life and, now, a girlfriend. I cannot and will not spend every waking hour of every day complying with your needs and not look after my own. 

Also, I won’t invite your boyfriend everywhere I go because I want to spend time with other friends. So, don’t even start with that one. My night out last night was spontaneous and I happened to bump into some of our mutual friends while I was out. 

so, the pair of you. Stop working all the time, get used to being alone in your flat without relying on me to provide support and quit moaning when your friends have other plans that are important to them. Like my fucking medication. 

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

I hate my job.

I’m sitting at a phone all day, absolutely scared turnipless that the next call I have is going to be someone nasty who will belittle me, yell at me, and make me cry. Okay, so I’m getting better and better at dealing with people, and I tend to make people laugh and smile, even the nasty ones. But even after 6 months of being in this place I still can;t stop feeling nervous every damn day.

I need to grow a pair I think

• vicky_fgm
      Participant

*Hugs* for everyone that needs them.

Work does not seem to understand my sleep issues are medically related. They know, but they don’t *understand*.

Worse still, I ranted on FB & one of the 5 people (out of an organization of thousands) I friended decided to screen print it & all of my friends comments & then leave it anonymously on my new bosses desk.

Someone I trusted backstabbed me for worrying about not keeping my job because I am ill.

What a turnipping carrot turnip. I will radish potato them to the parsnip if I find out who did it.

• I’m still working on my deadlines, extenuating circumstances or not I’m still stressed that I missed the original deadline so whilst my friends are all free I’m still working. Things I don’t need are certain house mates doing stupid things like the following offences:

1. You stacking the dishes wrong. Bowls and pans do not sit upright! They need to drain the dishwater…
      2. Stealing my mugs and not returning them for ages. Reason for this is in part to do with 3.
      3. Breaking stuff and not telling anyone. I found the shattered pyrex pan lid in the bin…
      4. Hoarding Dishes. If you aren’t gonna do the dishes for a while at least leave them in the kitchen so someone else can use em when we run out. Although we wouldn’t run out if you just did em anyway. 
      5. Pans and cooking stuff DO NOT GO in the sink if there is crockery like dishes and plates there. It’s an accident waiting to happen. Vice versa. NOT PUTTING THE RUBBISH IN THE BIN FROM THE PLATES AND PAN SO IT GOES IN THE SINK. Wouldn’t mind if you actually used the damn drain catcher so it didn’t go down the damn drain. I had to take out the pipe below the sink to remove the stuff jammed in there!
      6. Tea towels once used and damp or dirty DO NOT GO BACK IN THE DRAWERS AGAIN. They smell musty and get mouldy. Are you kidding me, I dried a pan before I realised the towel was covered in stains. Now washing all the damn things again.
      7. On that note…. don’t use my laundry capsules, if there’s one left and suddenly the packet is empty I can kinda tell.

Also stop acting like you’re the only one who does stuff around the house. You don’t. And my social life isn’t particularly your business so comments behind my back, oh yeah they told me, about ‘She was doing so much better to be social last year, what happened this year.’ or something to that extent can go to hell. I was focusing on my work, as were my friends who didn’t wanna go out and get hammered all the time.

• Raptor
      Participant

Oh hello paranoia. Thanks for stopping by. 

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

If I truely believed that bashing my head against the wall would break my writersblock, I wouldn’t have any walls left.

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

-facedesk-

I graduated.

Can’t get a job, because no one wants to hire a 17-year old apparently.

Can’t get into college because my ACT scores aren’t in yet.

Broke up with my boyfriend of 10 months.

My “real life” friend count dropped to a magnificent 0 when the above happened.

I’ve just wasted the last 4 years of my life.

I don’t know what to do.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

(My) Stupidity is endless.

• seriously, this? AGAIN???

• Chaplain Gumdrop
      Participant

You know, it’s fine if I’m “not working out”, but could I hear it from an actual manager instead of the turniping waitress who answered the phone when I called to see if I’m on schedule? Especially after all the positive reinforcement I got from you guys every day that I’ve worked for you? Don’t tell me things are great and then never call me again. 

• Epsilon V. 2.5
      Participant

URGH. Stupid bloody wankers complaining about their life, and posting mopey shit on facebook about how much their life just SUCKS, when in reality, the universe seems to fucking bend over backwards for them.

YOU are at fault for you situation. Quit CRYING about it and fucking FIX your situation! Actually DO something for once instead of posting melodramatic bullshit on your nearest social network!

GOD.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

Totally agree.

But: I CANT SLEEP GODDAMNIT! I have to get up in 2 hours and go to work… Someone hand me energy drinks!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

THE TURNIP, THE TURNIPING TURNIP, Two days before download and this happens. If this doesnt get sorted, im going to ram an exhaust pipe up your arse.

• Raptor
      Participant

Stop whining at me. I can’t deal with it all the time, I have my own crap to get on with. 

• Raptor
      Participant

Some fuck trumpet ass wagon took money out of my account at the total sum of £39.99. And that £39.99 is now in the process of going to an adult dating website, according to my bank.  

I did not sign up for that service. And I never will. Now, I have to do a food shop because I have nothing to eat in the house and I’m freaking starving. So, to that fucker, I salute you. You’ve made me A) very angry, B) very hungry and C) paranoid as to who else has unauthorized access to my bank account details. 

Now, excuse me while I hunt this bastard down. 

• Why oh why is it so hard to motivate myself to study this dreary piece of #@&!

• Lillium
      Participant

Some people seriously sicken me.

This evening, on my way to the train station, a man slipped over and cracked his head on the pavement and was bleeding really badly. One bystander called an ambulance and tried to talk to the guy. I ran to a bus driver (which all have first aid training and carry a first aid kit) who was just standing and watching everything.

When I asked if he could get his first-aid kit he told me, “it’s only for passengers, call an ambulance”.

I yelled at him, “we have called a fucking ambulance but we need to stop the bleeding!”, he just shrugged and kept staring at the guy laying on the pavement.

I had to run into the gym near by and asked if the could grab a towel, a first aid kit and anyone who was a qualified first-aider. Fortunately they had more compassion than the bus driver and came to aid the man who was suffering from shock and a likely bad concussion.

I’m now left wondering if that bus driver would leave an injured child laying in the street “because he’s not a passanger” and if I found that bus driver injured in the street, would I help him? (I probably would because I’m a better person than that)

Moral of this vent is “If you are able to help someone in trouble, then help, because it could be you laying there”.

• @Lillium said:
      Some people seriously sicken me.

This evening, on my way to the train station, a man slipped over and cracked his head on the pavement and was bleeding really badly. One bystander called an ambulance and tried to talk to the guy. I ran to a bus driver (which all have first aid training and carry a first aid kit) who was just standing and watching everything.

When I asked if he could get his first-aid kit he told me, “it’s only for passengers, call an ambulance”.

I yelled at him, “we have called a fucking ambulance but we need to stop the bleeding!”, he just shrugged and kept staring at the guy laying on the pavement.

I had to run into the gym near by and asked if the could grab a towel, a first aid kit and anyone who was a qualified first-aider. Fortunately they had more compassion than the bus driver and came to aid the man who was suffering from shock and a likely bad concussion.

I’m now left wondering if that bus driver would leave an injured child laying in the street “because he’s not a passanger” and if I found that bus driver injured in the street, would I help him? (I probably would because I’m a better person than that)

Moral of this vent is “If you are able to help someone in trouble, then help, because it could be you laying there”.

+1, totally agree with this

• Commander JET
      Participant

That is very good of you Lil! I agree also!

• @ Family: No I will not be like my younger brother and try to UN Peace Corp my way around you. Unlike him I can remain faithful to my wife, have some respect for myself and DON’T give a tuber what other people think.

@ Wife and kids: I love you dearly, but please let me sleep EVER. I am actually at the point where I would be endangering human life were I to do things like drive ort operate heavy machinery on an almost daily basis now.

@ work: A basic grasp of mathematics, IT and English Language is not too much to ask of people whose job involves calculating pension entitlements. No, really.

@ myself: Sort yourself out. You are fitter than you think, but really should do more, you have a novel to write, a convention to run, a business to promote for your wife, two children to raise and a career to push forward. There are no excuses in this world for laziness! Death moves ever closer. Keep that in mind.

Do something nice for the wife this evening. Jerk.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

And now for something completely different.

I try to help, but there are some people who don’t want to take direction, who don’t feel like they’re doing anything wrong, and who won’t accept that they’re making giant mistakes on behalf of the organization.  At least they’ve not got fiduciary control, so they can’t get us into actual trouble.  You have NO idea how hard it is to fire a volunteer!

• Captain Dermut
      Participant
    • Donovan Digital
      Participant

@Rev. Geoff Nicholson said:
      And now for something completely different.

I try to help, but there are some people who don’t want to take direction, who don’t feel like they’re doing anything wrong, and who won’t accept that they’re making giant mistakes on behalf of the organization.  At least they’ve not got fiduciary control, so they can’t get us into actual trouble.  You have NO idea how hard it is to fire a volunteer!

What is the nature of this organization, if you dont mind my asking?

• Commander JET
      Participant

*crouches down in the digital bunker corner*

I don’t like the outside world anymore…I just want to stay right here. :cry:

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

*Hugs JET*

Safe in here. Now tell me where to drop the Intercontinental Drop Bear Missile.

• Commander JET
      Participant

*hugs* Oh that’s right..you got that!:cool: I will make you a map! :wink:

• Lieutenant JDUK
      Participant

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

That is all :wink:

• Raptor
      Participant

I will end the pair of you if this continues.

• Commandant Beaker
      Participant

I hate discouragement. Alwys brings out the worst in me. When im told I can’t o something, I get mad. And my anger is a foce to be reconed with. The upside is it makes me want to prove them wrong. Or take everything im working on and set it on fire. Its a coin flip really. This time I think its the prove them wrong side. The problem is. Now im gonna spend the entire day mad.

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Just turnip off and leave me alone, okay? Just for once I’d like to go through the day without hearing how upset you are. You bloody well brought it on yourself. Not my problem you got too attached when he didn’t want anything serious and not my problem that your husband can’t communicate. And for god sake the last thing I ever want to hear about is your sex life. 

If you could not talk to me for about a week that’d be great, kay?

…Okay, I feel like a douchebag for saying it, but I really needed to let that one out. Thanks guys.

• Epsilon V. 2.5
      Participant

I have so many ideas tucked away in my mind, but I just can’t CREATE them! So many obstacles, so much anger, so much self-loathing….it’s disgusting. How can I claim to uphold the fun-loving ideals of the TSA if I can’t even motivate myself to do fun things?

• Stop accusing me of things I didn’t do

Stop blaming me for things I didn’t do, even as a joke. 

Stop saying ‘Oh we can’t trust her with that’ or anything like that. 

I have mentioned before how I’m trying to change. How I’m done with that psycho girl mask and it is not me. It never really was me. 

Yes I’m hyper and crazy sometimes, yes I threaten people jokingly but I’d never hurt someone intentionally…. after all these years you don’t get that. Please…. let me f***ing grow up and be who I want to be without trying to pin me down to this stupid image of me that no longer exists and to be quite honest did not exists. 

Some of you may have read this before but a lot of you apparently still don’t get it so here’s a replay: 

‘I think it’s time for this mask to come off. It’s beginning to suffocate me and when I wear it none of you can see who I am.

Don’t worry I’m not that different from who you think I am. I’m just tired of living up to certain expectations, so please allow me to show you what to expect.

I am not always fine. I am often less than fine and I do it to myself by getting wound up by something as small as an offhand comment. I’m trying not to do this so much but there we go.

I am not going to hurt you. Yes I like to play with fire and I like swords and knives and weapons. But I would never in a million years hurt you or threaten to seriously. If in all likelihood I do make a threat it’s either half-hearted or I’m just trying to show you my rage. If I hurt you even in the smallest of ways I will be beating myself up internally over it for weeks.

If you are reading this then you know enough about me to know I would rather protect you from harm with everything I had. Every skin cell, every drop of blood and every bone in my body I would use to shield you from harm.

I do cry. I do get hurt. I do push myself to the point of breaking. But if I tell you to leave me alone then do it. You will only get yelled at if you try to force your help on me and then I’ll feel like the worst person in the world. I am trying to get used to accepting help but please for now just let me sort it out on my own if I think that’s best.

I am not as confident as you think I am. I am shy and awkward.

I am not heartless or cold.

I am not as ‘evil’ as you believe I am. I am not irresponsible either. Please stop saying ‘oh we can’t let you do/have/be near (insert whatever here).’ That hurts.
      If I tell you to stop, stop. You can do the same to me, I will stop. Just don’t push me.

I bottled up my emotions years ago when I also stopped telling people when I got upset. I understand this was stupid and that is why I am a raging wreck of emotions now because I never really learnt how to deal with them. Please be patient with my mild mood swings.

I understand that this mask is what makes it difficult to try and read me. When you get it wrong I get annoyed, I know I shouldn’t because I’ve hidden my real self away but I do. Don’t try to read me, don’t try to expect what I’ll do or how I’ll respond, I’ll only disappoint or confuse you.

This is what is under my mask. It’s not pretty, it’s confused and it’s a whirlwind of problems but I’m coping. I hope it’s not that different from what you believed I was as I think I grew into my mask a little but now it’s too much and I’d like to be able to breath and see through my own eyes. I will probably continue to wear this mask for a little while or on occasion until I can totally deal with everything.
      I’m sorry for hiding from you all.’

Please… I’m begging you to not make these changes any harder for me. It’s already hard enough for me to like myself and who I’m becoming without your expectations of me getting in the way. 

• Captain Dermut
      Participant
    • GAAAH!!! I hate you DHL Express! Instead of delivering the package at my neighbours I have to cycle to their depot at the other side of the city..

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant
    • Commander JET
      Participant
    • Never going to that hostel again…

• Captain Dermut
      Participant
    • TheAtomicSoul
      Participant
    • The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

I realised yesterday that a lot of people out there are happy to encourage me to express my opinions more often…until they’re opinions that they don’t agree with in regards to sensitive subjects, at which point they basically tell me that I’m a bad person and I should keep my opinions to myself >:|

• Get it through your collective head that who I was 10 years ago is merely a turniping facet of who I am today. I have grown up, smartened up and frankly, am sick of your sanctimonious, patronising proselytising ways!

AND YES SPELLCHECKER! I USE BRITISH SPELLING!

• Commander JET
      Participant

Ya know what Chaplain. I think you should spell things however you like. As long as people know what ya mean..and I’m sure they do. If they don’t…just tell them to assimilate ;)

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

So I somehow managed to forget to take my anti depressants 5 days in a row and I feel really dodgy. I’m angry/frustrated/annoyed all the time which is really unlike me – ask anybody, I’m probably one of the most chilled out people you’ll ever meet (sometimes that’s a good thing, sometimes it’s not), I can’t concentrate, it takes just about all my energy to motivate myself to get out of bed in the morning, I’m feeling very unsociable and just generally feeling like I’d like to take a sledgehammer to everything in sight.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Not entirely a vent, but it’s to keep me from committing one.

“It is said that what is called “the spirit of an age” is something to which one cannot return. That this spirit gradually dissipates is due to the world’s coming to an end. For this reason, although one would like to change today’s world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation.”
      ― Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

There’s great meaning behind this. And a good modern example of this would be the constant bloody stream of “If you were a 70’s 80’s 90’s kid, you’ll remember this.” or “In my day we used to play outside” posts I see on a daily basis.
      It also applies to groups, where a significant change has happened, yet there are those who attempt to relive or revive that spirit from during those times, ignoring the potential of what we currently have.

• Captain Jack YJ
      Participant

Whelp I guess that answers that. No more let’s plays.

• Chaplain Gumdrop
      Participant

@Agent01101 I can definitely sympathize with that. When my old laptop, Stormageddon broke, I lost my save files and videos I had yet to upload to my channel, plus I had serious problems with Camstudio when I got my new laptop with Windows 8 and just kind of gave up for a while. Being enrolled in school fulltime and living in the dorms also made it super hard to find time to record. 

• Commander JET
      Participant

co-worker:

It’s called “Integrity” look that up and get some! >.<

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I’m out of work for a bit for health reasons: I was getting migraines and they became so frequent I was having them EVERY day.

And they’re not simple headaches; It’s pain that bands from the base of my skull around my jaw and eyes. Some days I would sit rotating ice packs all day.  Now that I’ve been out of work for a couple weeks, the headaches have decreased to dull ones, only hurting a tolerable level.

The bad thing is, I have bad hearing and work in a call center. Before I went out I could barely hear the person on the phone over the ringing in one year and background noise of 200+ people. I was getting stressed out. Terribly stressed out.

I cannot go back. It would be a bad idea for me to go back.

It would be bad for me.

It would be worse for them.

Because I’m truly beginning to believe insanity would be enjoyable in comparison, and I’ve felt the tip of the scale.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I am going to be very glad when the grand opening is done. Very Done with the whole process. So overworked. Many late nights. Such Loathing.

• Commander JET
      Participant

Been so busy I can’t get on TSU much lately. When I get home I’m too tired to do much else but eat a little something and pass out early. Been going on for weeks now. Makes us a sad Jet cry

• Captain Dermut
      Participant
    • Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Just so much work at the moment, fine, ok i get it, some of it is my own fault and i could have done it sooner. I would have if I had known about the butt tonne of stuff you were about to give me at the end of the year suddenly saying “Oh yeh and all this needs to be done”

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

I guess I can only be mad at myself this time. I have been so busy with myself and my own problems, crying about things that aren’t really that bad, that I totally refused to spend my time with others. I also have been so busy thinking about my future that I forgot to embrace the present. I made too many plans to work on. And now I find myself feeling isolated from the world around me.

Well done.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

*Giant hugs*

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Been out of work for medical issues. Just got a letter saying that because I didn’t return to work I quit despite providing papers to them from the doc

I was having health issues that if I did come back in I may have become violent and become a person that wasn’t the one in control .

So NO, I didn’t quit: I sought medical help and it may have saved your life.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Just….Just everything

• Epsilon V. 2.5
      Participant

I swear to the nine Divines, if I let myself forget about any commitments I have here again, I’M GOING TO DESTROY SOMETHING.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I’m flat broke. I’ve made a ton of things to sell just to have them sitting in bags, ready to ship, but no orders being placed. I’m out of a job and I’ve got too many health issues to get a new one.  I’m about to cancel my internet service because they’re trying to charge me double the price per month by adding false charges. I can’t get any assistance by unemployment, government aid, health services, etc. I’m going into more debt just to pay my bills. I’ve still got no vehicle since mine died.  I didn’t think thinks could have gotten worse, but they found a way.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Our thoughts and hopes (and those that believe their prayers) are with you, Atomic Soul. Hope things improve for you quickly. You deserve it.

• Nurse Micki
      Participant

This is going to make me sound terrible especially because people have far worse things going on but i need to get it out of my system and don’t really know where else to go.

This mostly happened yesterday but its a general feeling I get from time time to time.

Because I’m going to look vain and everything else  heres a little backstory.

I care a lot about what other people think about me on the surface, I grew up being the ugly kid and because of comments and things that happened to me in my teenage years ( that are far to complicated and personal to just blurt out on here) I always tend to try and look good in public/ pictures as it helps me battle a multitude of things.

Now to the point, yesterday a friend without meaning to, made a comment about myself compared to  a girl we both used to know and for some reason it completely and utterly shattered my self confidence, and i haven’t been able to shake that feeling since. i don’t know why it bothered me so much and  i don’t know if anyone can relate to self confidence issues but i have just plummeted into a hole and can’t really face going out today because of it. I will have to because if i don’t will let people down for things that need doing but. its so frustrating that one little comment can a whole persona vanish.

tl:dr

Im feeling stupid and all round worthless because of a silly little comment that shouldn’t have made a difference to my day.

• *big hug!* Words can cut deeper than swords, Micki, but if it’s any consolation: I do not find you ugly in the slightest, and from what I’ve seen you are an awesome person :)

• Anonymous

@Nurse Micki said:
      This is going to make me sound terrible especially because people have far worse things going on but i need to get it out of my system and don’t really know where else to go.

This mostly happened yesterday but its a general feeling I get from time time to time.

Because I’m going to look vain and everything else  heres a little backstory.

I care a lot about what other people think about me on the surface, I grew up being the ugly kid and because of comments and things that happened to me in my teenage years ( that are far to complicated and personal to just blurt out on here) I always tend to try and look good in public/ pictures as it helps me battle a multitude of things.

Now to the point, yesterday a friend without meaning to, made a comment about myself compared to  a girl we both used to know and for some reason it completely and utterly shattered my self confidence, and i haven’t been able to shake that feeling since. i don’t know why it bothered me so much and  i don’t know if anyone can relate to self confidence issues but i have just plummeted into a hole and can’t really face going out today because of it. I will have to because if i don’t will let people down for things that need doing but. its so frustrating that one little comment can a whole persona vanish.

tl:dr

Im feeling stupid and all round worthless because of a silly little comment that shouldn’t have made a difference to my day.

I’ve got the same problem…I was always the ugly kid, from 3rd grade through high school.  It has followed me for the remainder of my life, and will continue to do so.  I often blame my looks on failed relationships…I try to be the perfect guy every woman wants, just because it comes naturally to me.  I never have a relationship lasting more than a year, and I was married for 8 months.  Self confidence issues don’t BEGIN to describe my problems.  BTW, you are NOT ugly by any stretch of the imagination, just so you know.  I could only wish to be as attractive as you.embarassedNow, if you’ll excuse me, I need to crawl in a hole…

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

INSURANCE COMPANIES!

Insurance company A, The company I currently have my car insurance with quote me £1200 for renewal this year, Last year the cost was £730, I understand if being slightly higher due to moving to a higher risk area, but over £400 higher?

I shop around and find insurance company B, after tweaking a few of my insurance details they offer me a renewal of £764. I agree, they want me to provide them with a photo copy of my drivers licence and proof of my two years no claims. I say no problem and they tell me the money will be take from mine and Grimms joint account on Monday.

I ring insurance company A to cancel my renewal with them. They ask why, when I tell them, they are suddenly mysteriously able to match the quote. I decide to stick with them because they have better cover and already have all my details. They tell me they will be taking the money on Monday.

I ring insurance company B to cancel the policy I had just taken out as I can do that with no charges up to 14 days after taking it out. They tell me they have already taken the money but it will be refunded in 3-5 working days.

So, Me and Grimm top up the Join account ready for the second payment to go out and will have to be a bit frugal till the first payment in returned. Today I found out the payment for company A came from my personal account leaving me with £-390 in my bank account which is £90 over my arranged overdraft.

I hate insurance companies.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

@Brigadier Davis said:
      INSURANCE COMPANIES!

Insurance company A, The company I currently have my car insurance with quote me £1200 for renewal this year, Last year the cost was £730, I understand if being slightly higher due to moving to a higher risk area, but over £400 higher?

I shop around and find insurance company B, after tweaking a few of my insurance details they offer me a renewal of £764. I agree, they want me to provide them with a photo copy of my drivers licence and proof of my two years no claims. I say no problem and they tell me the money will be take from mine and Grimms joint account on Monday.

I ring insurance company A to cancel my renewal with them. They ask why, when I tell them, they are suddenly mysteriously able to match the quote. I decide to stick with them because they have better cover and already have all my details. They tell me they will be taking the money on Monday.

I ring insurance company B to cancel the policy I had just taken out as I can do that with no charges up to 14 days after taking it out. They tell me they have already taken the money but it will be refunded in 3-5 working days.

So, Me and Grimm top up the Join account ready for the second payment to go out and will have to be a bit frugal till the first payment in returned. Today I found out the payment for company A came from my personal account leaving me with £-390 in my bank account which is £90 over my arranged overdraft.

A few years ago our boiler burst and caused a load of water damage to the upstairs floor/kitchen ceiling. Insurance company told us to hire a couple of industrial dehumidifiers which we did (which eventually ran up a bill of over £3,000), then when we tried to claim the money back they turned around and said that we actually didn’t need them so they weren’t going to pay for them. Also, they decided that we were trying to claim on old damage (there was a much smaller leak from the bathroom a few years earlier which had damaged the ceiling at the other end of the kitchen). Basically they decided that they weren’t going to give us any money whatsoever.

It took my mum about 3 years of fighting and several letters to the Ombudsman to get anything out of them and she still only got half of what they’d originally promised

• The referendum! So turniping glad I am working from home today.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

@Brigadier Davis said:
      INSURANCE COMPANIES!

Update, After the 5 days I rung up to find out why the money wasnt in my account yet, I was then told what the previous operative had told me was wrong and standard policy is 7-10 working days. I sit here on the 10th day wondering where the hell my money is. If it is not in my account by tomorrow morning I shall be ringing the Financial Ombudsman.  

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

I’m in one of my really low periods at the moment.

Times like this I can’t get to sleep at night cause my brain just won’t shut up/stop going to really dark places, I can’t eat cause my appetite is almost non-existent, I can’t focus on work (to the point that I had to leave work early today and take sick leave). The simple act of getting out of bed in the morning is like the final battle of The Lord of The Rings, except I’m alone against the hordes of Mordor (my depressed state of mind) and I don’t have Aragorn there to psych me up with an inspirational speech, I have to do it all by myself.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Some of you will know of the events of where I live.

TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP 

TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP 

TURNIP TURNIP 

And then some.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

And once in a while, I’d like to have a conversation without it always resorting back to a retired musician.

• Nurse Micki
      Participant

I don’t know who’s misdirected karma has been attacking me lately, but sometimes it really seems like the universe is out to get me!   Be it via ridiculous illnesses, personal hatred and self confidence issues or the latest cherry on the Turnip Sundae being my shed getting broken into without me even realising!

GAHHHHHHHHH Somebody let me punch them already! 

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

If there is one thing that I can’t stand about living at home with my mum, it’s the the situation surrounding the fridges and freezers.

There are 2 people living in this house. 3 if you count my mum’s other half who is usually around at some point most days. Despite this we have an under the counter fridge, an under the counter freezer, a chest freezer AND a fridge/freezer combo! All of which are more often than not full to the brim, sometimes to the point that they barely even close properly. IT’S TURNIPING RIDICULOUS!

Now you may say, “it’s alright, at least you’ve got plenty of choice!”

But you’d be wrong.

Most of what is in those freezers is fresh meat or bread. Everything else could probably fit into a single draw if I had the patience to reorganize everything.

And the fridges? Well one is full of sandwich fillings, desserts and more veg than could possibly be eaten before it goes bad. The other is beer and soft drinks. Oh, and the rest of the meat that she bought this weekend and can’t yet fit in the freezers!

When I was living away from home there were 6 of us in the house and we shared a fridge/freezer no bigger than the one we have here with no space issues whatsoever!

I guess what I’m trying to say is that my choices for dinner tonight are pizza, ribs, sandwiches or making something completely from scratch. That or a sugar overdose.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I did it.

I posted on my Facebook page that… I want to live in a van. I want to do this so I can travel and do art without having to figure out where to get $600+ every month for rent and utilities. I want to experience more then the same 50 mile area I’ve lived in the past thirty-four years. 

But it’s not just that. By posting, I am also telling them that I don’t want to live here anymore. That I won’t be around to help them. That they are, after the past few years, going to be on their own.  They’re adults. It should be OK.

But I went a 6 hour drive away with someone I only new online to an even (Ingress) for two days and they acted like I would get killed while there. They acted like the world is horrible and talked about how they couldn’t do it. I try to help them manage their bills (and now I think that was a mistake.) They won’t be able to rely on the $300 a month I was paying for rent to cover the electric bill.

Most of all I will now have to face whatever my parents, my sister, my nephew, and the rest of my family think about me… about what I’m doing. I’ve always plays the role I thought I needed to… that I thought I was supposed to. I never wanted to disappoint my family. By doing what I am, I feel they will see it- see me-  as nothing but a disappointment, even though the path I was heading life should have been an obvious mistake.

It’s going to be hard facing their opinions, but it’d be harder not trying to do what I am.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

@TheAtomicSoul said:
      I did it.
      I posted on my Facebook page that… I want to live in a van.

And quickly was told to take it down.

ZERO fcks were givin that I want to live in a van and travel.

No, my mother only cared about what OTHER people think about it; what they think about me, how people are talking about me, etc.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

@TheAtomicSoul said:

@TheAtomicSoul said:
      I did it.
      I posted on my Facebook page that… I want to live in a van.

And quickly was told to take it down.

ZERO fcks were givin that I want to live in a van and travel.

No, my mother only cared about what OTHER people think about it; what they think about me, how people are talking about me, etc.

I know this might hurt and is never an easy thing to accomplish, but sometimes we need to cut the bonds with our family (even the closest). I can see how it is absolutely offending and painful if you don’t get the support from your family you actually need.

To me, that sounds awesome, and if it’s the thing you want to do, just do it.

BTT: I really don’t know how to manage all the stuff that lies ahead of me. I would just like to yell at something…

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

“I’m not here to set rules, I’m just setting forward a framework to make setting rules suck less”

Translation: I want to replace all of your work making rules with my way of doing things, and in the process, rewrite all the things you’ve already written.

*headdesk*

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Apathy, Turiping Apathy.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

I’ve just found out that I’ve wasted the past 2-3 finding somebody who can countersign my passport application (something that has caused me no small amount of stress as I want to go to Dutch Comic-Con next month) only to find out that the people at the post office think I’m still recognizable from my old passport photo which was taken when I was 9/10 years old.

I’ve aged considerably over the past 15 years, to the point that I barely recognise myself from the old photo so I decided to play on the safe side. Turns out that’s a big no-no

So, I may not find out if I’m able to go to Dutch Comic-Con until the week of Dutch Comic-Con :|

• @Doth’Rah said:
      I’ve just found out that I’ve wasted the past 2-3 finding somebody who can countersign my passport application (something that has caused me no small amount of stress as I want to go to Dutch Comic-Con next month) only to find out that the people at the post office think I’m still recognizable from my old passport photo which was taken when I was 9/10 years old.

I’ve aged considerably over the past 15 years, to the point that I barely recognise myself from the old photo so I decided to play on the safe side. Turns out that’s a big no-no

So, I may not find out if I’m able to go to Dutch Comic-Con until the week of Dutch Comic-Con :|

Hmm… hope it gets solved soon, is the new passport being made and posted now? Last minute flights can be a hassle too… Hope you can make it!

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

Application is being sent off today

I should still get it in time if there aren’t any issues at the Passport office end, but it’s likely to arrive in the week leading up to DCC.

I’m gonna go ahead and make arrangements as if I am coming. I already have the time booked off work so I’ll keep an eye on plane tickets and I’ll find somebody to drop me off at the airport so that when it does arrive, I can just go online and book the ticket

• So far so good then, let’s just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best :P

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

The paradox that I’ve had to deal with for the vast majority of my adult life:

People want me to be more open and honest about the things that bother me, yet they get upset/offended when I’m open and honest about the things that bother me

• @Doth’Rah said:
      The paradox that I’ve had to deal with for the vast majority of my adult life:

People want me to be more open and honest about the things that bother me, yet they get upset/offended when I’m open and honest about the things that bother me

You’re not alone on that. x.x

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

One of my cats died yesterday. He died because he stopped eating again. He first stopped about a month ago, so mum changed his food. He started eating again. I thought that was the end of it. He seemed much better. 

Mum then failed to tell me that he stopped again.

Then he died yesterday after I had left for work. 

My mum “forgot” to tell me this until I happened to come downstairs to reset the internet router, over an hour after I’d got home.

What makes it even worse is that she buried him seemingly without even considering my feelings on the matter and whether I wanted to be there.

• Commander JET
      Participant

Oh no!cryI am so very sorry to hear that Doth’Rah.. *big tight hugs*

Sometimes people (especially parents) don’t understand how deeply we feel about our pets. I have had similar things happen with pets in my life, especially when I was younger living with my family. It sucks big time!

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

On Friday I ordered a package from Amazon, paid extra for next (working) day delivery, knowing that I wouldn’t be home today to receive it.

Now normally when this happens, the postman/courier leaves it in my safe place or in a “safe” place (read: on my garden path for the whole world to see).

Today they tried to deliver it and instead of leaving it in the safe place, they decided to take it back to their depot to deliver it again tomorrow. I depot that I’m not allow to go and collect my package from because…some reason. 

Normally it wouldn’t bother me so much but I paid extra for next day delivery and now I can’t have it today

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

@Doth’Rah said:
      On Friday I ordered a package from Amazon, paid extra for next (working) day delivery, knowing that I wouldn’t be home today to receive it.

Now normally when this happens, the postman/courier leaves it in my safe place or in a “safe” place (read: on my garden path for the whole world to see).

Today they tried to deliver it and instead of leaving it in the safe place, they decided to take it back to their depot to deliver it again tomorrow. I depot that I’m not allow to go and collect my package from because…some reason. 

Normally it wouldn’t bother me so much but I paid extra for next day delivery and now I can’t have it today

UPDATE: They redelivered it just now :D

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

I really hope I get the job that I’ve applied for, not only because it would mean a pay raise, but also would mean I have enough job security to move out again. I need to get out of this house and away from my mum. Don’t get me wrong, she’s a good person, and there are some great benefits to living here, she drives me insane.

One of the big things that drives me up the wall is her food shopping habits.

She doesn’t actually bother to look in the cupboards/fridge/freezer to see what we need before she goes shopping, she just goes shopping. The same when she orders meat from our butcher. And she’s a slave to bargains. Add to that a hoarding problem (which I’ve definitely inherited) and the result is that half the food in our freezers is probably too freezerburnt to use, our cupboards are overflowing with stuff and every attempt I make to control the clutter fails miserably.

On top of that she just doesn’t listen to me either. She’ll ask me if I want anything and I might ask for a couple of things, or I might say that I literally don’t want/need anything. Regardless of what I say, she’ll come back with a bunch of “treats” for me that I haven’t asked for. Usually things that I deliberately didn’t ask for because, for one reason or another, I didn’t want them.

And she does it every single time that she goes to the supermarket.

And she goes to the supermarket at least 3 times a week.

And I can’t really stop her from gong so often since she works more or less across the road from it.

I’ve asked her repeatedly not to buy me things that I don’t ask for and her response is basically “but I like buying you things so I’m gonna keep doing it.”

• Raptor
      Participant

Don’t you DARE come into my flat. Leave your fracking RUBBISH around. Break my shit. BREAK MY SODDING COMPUTER. AND TREAT MY FLAT LIKE A TURNIP HOLE WHILE CLAIMING THAT I DO THE SAME. BECAUSE I DON’T. I HAVE NOT LEFT RUBBISH SCATTERED ABOUT LIKE SOME STIG OF THE DUMP EASTER EGG HUNT, LIKE YOU CONSTANTLY DO. 

I DO NOT LEAVE ABOUT 500 STICKY NOTES STUCK TO THINGS, IN THINGS, ON THINGS AND IN PLACES THAT IT TAKES ME WEEKS TO FIND. I DO NOT SAY THAT “I’ll make up for it.” AND THEN DON’T. 

AND saying “Sorry dude” IS NOT GOING TO REPLACE MY SODDING HEADSET WHICH I NEED TO RECORD VIDEOS AND SKYPE PEOPLE.

You’re constantly saying that people treat you like turnip AND YET YOU TREAT PEOPLE LIKE TURNIP. 

Now excuse me WHILE I SMASH SOME OF YOUR TURNIP. 

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Today has not been a good day.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

When you have a deadline to work to. But have to spend over half your day correcting the problems with the work done by someone else that your work relies on. This reflects badly on me because I’m the one who ends up being behind. Not only that but due to the fact I had to correct their work I end the day looking like someone decided to dump a tub of red icing sugar over me and have to travel over 60 minutes on public transport to get home.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Things go from bad to worse.

I bought a high top van (only high top one I could find for months) to fix up to use as a stealthcamper/vandweller/art studio. I bought it knowing it needed new tires and there was a scraping sound in the back. From past experience I thought this sound was where the brake pads were ground off and it was metal on metal since the brakes were also spongy.

Once I saved up the money I bought brake pads, shoes and rotors. After removing the tires I found the brakes and rotors were all good. I decided to go ahead and install the new Brake master cylinder and booster since the cost was covered by returning the brakes. I replaced the cylinder and booster under the hood (which wasn’t too hard) but it didn’t make a difference- I couldn’t bleed the brakes myself.

So I thought it may be the bearings on the wheels needing replaced. I asked some car people I know and they thought the same thing too. That would’ve cost about $200 per wheel, so I was only going to get the one needed done if both didn’t.

Thats when it went downhill fast. The mechanics looked at it and found the noise is in the axle/ differential. The cheapest option would be replacing the axle with a used one from another vehicle… but the closest axle is a few hours away and will cost $1600 in parts and labor.

… yea. Every time I start to get my life moving in the right direction something goes wrong with the vehicle I own that costs around $1k-$2k to fix. EVERY time.

And this time I don’t have the funds to fix it or a way to do it otherwise and I can’t afford to buy yet another vehicle (that would end up having problems too, like every other one I’ve bought.)

Some times I really feel like giving up. Right now I feel utterly defeated. I can’t afford to buy something else and I can’t afford to fix what I _just_ bought.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

I find it really disappointing and disheartening that everytime somebody has an issue they come vent to me, but when I try to find someone to talk to the same people suddenly are just REALLY busy with other things. And that the only person that takes the time to listen is the one with the biggest issues themselves.

I shouldn’t have to bother them everytime, but I cannot just keep on keeping my stuff to myself all the time either. This just makes me wanna flip tables.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Soph: You got me on Skype and Discord. If you ever need to, I’m a great listener.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

@Captain Dermut said:
      Soph: You got me on Skype and Discord. If you ever need to, I’m a great listener.  

Excuse my late reply. Thank you very much, it is very appreciated. I will keep it in mind. :)

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

That’s okay. It’s actually been 3 weeks since my last visit to the forums I got distracted). So if you had responded earlier, I would have been the one who responded late. :P

• Anonymous

I regret to inform everyone that I am leaving TSU.  I’ve enjoyed my time here, and all you wonderful people, for the better part of nine years.  Sadly, there are many NOT so wonderful people here, and I fear that while I enjoy the creativity and FUN that abounds, I no longer feel that TSU can be a part of that.  I will still be creative.  I will still spread our message of FUN, CREATIVITY, and PROPAGANDA, but I will be doing it outside Toy Soldiers Unite.  I never really fit in here after Doc left, and I feel that I’ve overstayed my welcome.  I will still be active on Facebook, so for those who have not found me there and wish to friend me at their own risk, please do so.  For the final time, this is Sgt. Voltor YJ signing off.

Viewing 293 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.