SOS TV

• This topic is empty.

SOS TV

• Raptor
      Participant

*brushes the cobwebs off*

Hello one and all, long time since SOS saw some activity in anyway, shape or form.

I made this thread to explain in a little amount of detail an idea that struck me.

If you’ve been around the survival part of the internet for a while, you’ll see some people have made survival videos on YouTube, webpages etc etc. And this gave me the inspiration for this idea.

SOS TV

Survival videos made by Soldiers, for Soldiers, to the Soldiers. This videos will be a few minutes in length and they’ll have product reviews, news, updates on current world wide events (Such as Hurricane Sandy as an example).

For content to be submitted; products etc can be posted in this thread or another thread for content.

For a presenter; this has yet to be decided and depends on who wants their face broadcasted around the internet.

The opening credits; Will be decided by popular vote if this kicks off and the same with the closing credits.

I’d like it to be international as different products of different quality in different countries.

Let me know in this thread if you are interested in seeing this kick off and/or you want to take part in it.

I look forward to reading your feedback,

This is Raptor, signing off.

• Engineer Airhead
      Keymaster

Thank you Raptor, This is a fantastic idea, I will start i think with a water purification idea. :-D

• Sgt. Mustache
      Participant

Keep me notified.
      BTW, many communities have local cable shows, and are dying for content. I think we can actually ‘network’ this idea, tailoring it not only to Toy Soldiers (and incidentally inadvertently brainwashing them), but to the local communities and THE WORLD BWAHAHAhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

We should work together on scripts, items to demonstrate (low-buck, no ‘gadgets’, etc.).

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Interestingly I had a not dissimilar idea a little while ago.

Though mine was going to be more of a spoof of real survivalist shows like, Bear Grills or Ray Mears. It was going to be called “how not to survive” And was going to link in to my Re-boot of TSU-TV. But this is a far better Idea.

Good going Rap

• Raptor
      Participant

Thanks for the feedback so far :) The first episode will be put up on the TSU Channel tonight!

• Col. Bear Sanguine
      Participant

I’m game. I’d love to join in. Perhaps we could expand on it and host a public blog (for us to post in but accessible to the “yet to be brainwashed”). If I can do anything let me know. (Might be best to FB me though).

• Commander JET
      Participant

Excellent Idea Raptor! 8)

• Lillium
      Participant

I can add it to the SOS website as well.
      I’m also looking for people to help write articles and content for the site.

• Delilah Moran
      Participant

That’s a brilliant idea. I’d love to join and help out in some way.

Though, Davis, having a little “How to not survive” clip in each episode sounds like a good idea (And a hilarious one!) as well. Another mini section could be different survival tactics, in different era’s. Such as WWII, Civil war, etc, etc, etc.

• TS 3Dsniper
      Participant

I’d love to help host and tape this.
      I have a few quick instructionals to make for Lil’SOS site. she came up with the idea for the ‘cold weather viking’

• Raptor
      Participant

I’m writing up episode 1 right now.

• Raptor
      Participant

Episode 1 is done and waiting to be edited and uploaded. 

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

IT’S UP! EPISODE 1.0 OF S.O.S. TV CREATED BY RAPTOR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGH3d_YjIbw

• MarleyCupcake
      Participant
    • Lillium
      Participant

Well done Raptor!

It’s a fantastic video.

When I have some free time, i’ll do a short video for SOS TV on food storage.

• Raptor
      Participant

Hey guys, I’m writing another episode for SOS TV as a stock, but I know Sniper and Lill wanted to do some videos too.

Any progress on this?

• Lillium
      Participant

I’m still writing my script.

I’m thinking of doing a 2 part.

Bugging in and Bugging Out.

I might do a short to start off with on appropriate clothing.

• Raptor
      Participant

Yeah, go for it. Take your time, I’ve got a butt load of RL things to do, so I can’t air an episode at the moment.

• Raptor
      Participant

*awaits feedback from shameless self promotion on the Facebook page*

• Raptor
      Participant

Ok guys, as I can’t work on this in my new place and I failed to find volunteers to help with it, I’m going to have to shut down SOS TV. 

I don’t want to do it, it’s my brain child, but circumstances have prevented me from airing an episode or even working on one. 

If any one wants to use this, then feel free and I hope you have more success than I did. 

Raptor, out.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

You couldn’t find anyone? But we had so many ideas? A shame :(

• Raptor
      Participant

Granted, working on this isn’t everyone’s cuppa tea, but I did put out a message or two and I got very little response, which is a shame, but it happens.

I’ve learnt for this project and hope to implement it on future projects :)

But like I said in the previous post, if anyone wants to pick this up, feel free :)

Raptor, out. 

Viewing 21 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.