Return Of The Pinecone Broadcast – FUNDRAISER

Home Forums General Discussions Return Of The Pinecone Broadcast – FUNDRAISER

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sgt. Dutch 3 years ago.

Return Of The Pinecone Broadcast – FUNDRAISER

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Greetings Comrades!

Here I am to tell you about some great news. The Pinecone Broadcast will be returning!
    The Pinecone Broadcast started out as just a short podcast, recorded late at night while at work, on an underpowered netbook that couldn’t even handle the likes of Minecraft. At the time, I wanted to bring all the latest news and goings on of the Army of Toy Soldiers into one place for you all, so you knew exactly how the Army was faring.

With each iteration of The Pinecone, I’ve tried to make it better, more entertaining, and more concise. But it has been on a rather long hiatus lately, predominantly down to meatspace getting in the way of things, and a persistent creative block. Thankfully, the block has been busted through, and I have some fantastic new ideas.

Now, we’re down to the crux of the matter. I want to bring back the Pinecone Broadcast, not just for the Army of Toy Soldiers, but for everyone. To present not only the latest goings on of the Army, but to explore the things that matter to this community. Robots, creativity, the Singularity, music, things that defy classification. I want to make it something fun to watch for everyone, and visually appealing.

To do all of the above, I will need to make one major change to how it is produced, and that is building a set. Black bed sheets and a messy corner office are just not going to cut it any more. As such I’m designing a set that’ll also be functional, after all space is an issue and I have to work in my own living room.

This is why I am coming to you, the Army of Toy Soldiers and asking for your help. If you are willing to donate towards the cost of building this set, you will be not only rewarded with your name in the credits, but also a warm radioactive glow in your heart from helping out a fellow Toy Soldier.

To build the set, it will cost roughly £300 ($460 USD roughly). This will be spent predominantly on wood, props and paint, since it’s far from cheap here in the UK.

Here’s a very rough mock up of what I’ll be building. I’ll make sure to post updates as it gets built and things added (phone, computer, map, etc)

And that’s it, comrades. I’ve been struggling to actually post this, as I am always reluctant to ask for financial aid for anything. However I realise that sometimes you’ve got to swallow your pride and ask. If too little is donated for this, I will still attempt to produce the Pinecone Broadcast to the best of my ability. I just fear it wont look nearly as good as it could.

So if you want to help out, hit the donate button below, and you can paypal something towards making The Pinecone Broadcast. I will personally thank each and every one of you who donates.

Thank you for your time, comrades! Let us continue marching to our Utopian Playland.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

I just sent a tenner, will send more on payday if needed :)

Also….

bliss_gifbliss_gifbliss_gifbliss_gif

PINECONES FOR EVERYBODY!!!

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Thank you very much, Dothrah!

• I had several USD to spare after splurging on the Reaper Miniatures Bones III Kickstarter (need more tabletop minis!!!), so I donated it.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Thank you so very much, VeeVee. It’s really appreciated!

• Did send Ten Sterling your way yesterday, shall be trying to cobble some more together though for you, as mentioned yesterday too.

Keep the shenanigans a-flowing people!

^^

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

A thousand thank you’s, Wulfrik!

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

That looks surprisingly like Ikea.
    I learned how they make their ‘wood’ so cheaply… it’s a cardboard honeycomb!

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Bare in mind, this is a living room as well, and workshop. Ikea wood is nice, but not particularly durable for my own purposes.

• Cap'n C. Worthy
    Participant

*Goes to donation page*

Oh no! I only have American money! :P

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

So it’s time for a progress report I think! And you can see what you’re donations have helped me achieve so far.

The alcoves now stripped of the old shelves

The alcoves now stripped of the old shelves

Start of the framework

Start of the framework

Little trip to the hardware store. Ok, I had to do quite a few little trips.

Little trip to the hardware store. Ok, I had to do quite a few little trips.

Remember, it

Remember, this is still a living room for a family, so I’m working around the daily going ons as well.

First of the panels painted and fitted.

First of the panels painted and fitted.

What

A world map. Now what am I up to?

A world map? Yeah, 4 hrs of tracing while dealing with some stupid infection, and this is what you get.

Current status, all the panels are fitted, and a few still need painting.

Current status, all the panels are fitted, and found a better colour of paint to give it that lean, green, military machine look.

And that’s your lot for now. I’m working out the finer details and designs, including buttons, lights, and gauges. I won’t put a completion date on this just yet, since it’s summer holidays which means plans are always up in the air.

I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has donated so far, it is REALLY appreciated and I couldn’t manifest my vision for the Pinecone Broadcast without you. Thank you!

• Lt. Sophie
    Keymaster

Whoo, that looks great! Cannot wait to see the finished project. And the next Pinecone. Hehehehehe.

• Engineer Airhead
    Keymaster

YEAH! AWESOMESAUCE!!!

• Silent Addle
    Participant

I get the feeling Airhead is trying to tell us something.

What is it boy? Is Timmy trapped in the well?

• Commander JET
    Participant

I’m in! bliss_gif

Does this mean I get to fly over there for a guest appearance? cool

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

So long as you pay for your own ticket.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.