Pokemon GO

Home Forums Special Operations Divisions GAME Pokemon GO

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Captain Dermut 3 years ago.

Pokemon GO

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Ok, so it’s pretty damned obvious by now I’m mega excited about this. For years I’ve been wanting to get into pokemon, since I never had a gameboy or DS (until recently) and just played Leaf Green on a PC Emulator. Thankfully I have a DS now and am playing through Platinum as we speak.

BUT ON TO THE MAIN EVENT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs

The hype that has surrounded this single video has been unbelievable, and with it comes some huge possibilities. My own little inspiration is to rejig my cargobike, had lockers, and create a mobile charging station/pokemon centre. Just hanging out at the seaside, £1 for an hour to charge your phone, and sell accessories, but at the same time be like the main point for people to meet for battles and such.

Now, let the wild speculation begin. Such as what are the starters going to be? 

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

That sounds like it’d be a fun project. I’m hoping the final product turns out to be as good as the video looks. I think it could be a lot of fun and be a great way for Nintendo to take full advantage of their new mobile games. Here’s hoping it’s a success!

• Cadeon
    Participant

So I came here to ask WHY AREN’T ALL THE TOY SOLDIERS PLAYING INGRESS?

The folks that are making Pokemon Go made Ingress, and it’s free to play and you can have it now. It’s stupid fun. Portals, portals everywhere. 

At the risk of being ousted from the forward-thinking society TSU is… I’m going to go ahead and admit that I’m playing on the Resistance side. I like blue better than green. But since I’ve learned the lore some, I’d seriously consider playing Enlightened given the chance to choose again.

• Silent Addle
    Participant

I second the enjoyment of Ingress, I would continue playing if I were able but I don’t have cell reception here.

Which is a shame as there is a portal just outside my apartment, but it is just beyond wifi range.

• Silent Addle
    Participant

Back to the topic at hand!

We all know that the original 150 pokemon are in every region (more or less) right? So do you think that will carry across to GO?

I never liked any of the starters after Gen1, they just seemed to be copies of the originals to me, it always felt like making the same choice, which always made me feel like I was playing the same game with a few changes.

It might sound silly, but I would actually prefer to have a survey, which leads to me being assigned a pokemon, so you can start off with any type, this would even allow greater difference from very early on, otherwise you’ll get everyone around you with X/Y/Z.

Regardless, I’ll get me Bulbathor and a Magikarp, and I’ll be happy.

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Also exited, also still a bit of a newbee when it comes to Pokemon. Played most on Emu. Haven’t played ingress ’cause my phone wont run it, it’s a shyte phone.

What I picked up here and there about GO is mostly speculation, but I’d like to share it anyways.

The first generation will definitely be present from the chatter I hear. (hell, how could they not)

I’ve also hear theories about Pokemon dispersion depending on group. Bug and grass Pokemon would be capturable in grassy areas and Psychic mostly in cities. The minimum size of these areas are still very much up to debate though. Personally I doubt your lawn will be labeled a grassy area, no matter how well kept it is.

Another interesting, but even less reliable theory floating around is that seeing some of the games were based on certain areas (Unova on the New York area, Kalos on Northern France), these areas will be mirrored in the “real life” of Go and people from these areas have local capture access to the Pokemon from these games.

With both the above theories it is assumed that Pokemon from other areas can be obtained with trades through the regular channels.

But as I’ve said these are still mostly speculation and in no way or form have I read anything official what proves (or disproves) any of the theories.

One of the most interesting questions I have is how will they incorporate mechanics like fishing and Surf and the Pokemon capturable that way….. Any one ideas or theories?

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

I’ll be acting as the middle man, to keep everything anonymous (Non-disclosure agreements and such) but we have our man on the inside now of the Pokemon Go field tests in the USA!

Encrypted Transmission 002:
    I have successfully downloaded and logged into Pokemon Go!
    While I cannot disclose any information, I can say that I have already captured my first pokemon.
    This game is beautiful. More to come.

• Keptin Alwinn
    Participant

So recent updates on Pokemon Go:

‘Further gens will be added in updates, Trading will be eventual, probably after it goes live.’ <- From Dutch.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/145969726567/pok%C3%A9mon-go-plus-device-coming-late-july-for-35

The device that you can purchase to go around your wrist for Pokemon go will be coming out late July for $35 USD.

The game is slated to be out early July. So only a few more weeks to go!

• Keptin Alwinn
    Participant

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

More Info on the official Pokemon website

Items to purchase in game will be done via pedometer steps. So the more you walk, the more you can get.

There will be items you can find on the map as well a few times a day, and Pokemon are location based. So if you are closer to water you will get more water Pokemon.

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.