Other Operative Salutes and Gestures…?

Home Forums General Discussions Other Operative Salutes and Gestures…?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Geoff Nicholson 5 years ago.

Other Operative Salutes and Gestures…?

• Cpt. Mick
    Participant

Well blooming, dangley turnips! Lost all of the typing I had procured!
     Hmph. Even so. Hello! I had a question or two. Is there any sort or protocol on gestures, stances, etc. when there are superior officers are around? Say, a Yellow Jacket passes buy a new recruit. Would the recruit have to assume any sort of stance, posture, gesture, or other wise? Likewise would the senior officer have to dismiss him from said posture? I have been a Toy Soldier for a very long time, but have never heard or seen any written rule addressing these matters. You see, I’m brushing up on my manners as I’m meeting a group of fellow Soldiers here in a little over a fortnight. And I’d fear slipping up or making a kerfuffle of things! So just to be sure, I’d appreciate any and all comments you all have to give to me!

Warm regards,

Captain Mickall Dijon James

• Commandant Beaker
    Participant

yes a new recruit must stand on there head. till told otherwise. joking.

not that im aware of there isn’t. one thing i will say is chances are you will be surprised. each time im around fellow army members, there is this strange feeling like you have known them forever.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

There’s only one gesture and that’s the salute (Right fist over heart, head turned right and slight upwards staring into the future). No procedure or anything, considering YJ’s are the same as everyone else, they just have a shiny patch.

In the UK, it sometimes followed by buying a pint.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Don’t listen to Dutch, he’s just a Noob.

The procedure is as follows upon seeing a YJ, or high ranking officer, you must stand on one leg and salute for 15.2 seconds, at this point the YJ should acknowledge your acknowledgement of them. When this has happened it is then customary to by the YJ a pint of their preference. Once done, general conversation may begin. But be warned, at NO POINT should you stop standing on one leg. should you fail to remain standing on one leg at any point the the YJ’s presence, you will be made to dance the chicken dance for the rest of the invasion.

In other news, thats all lies, Dutch is right.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Actually you say that, Iron, I’m wondering if we shouldn’t implement this.

• Raptor
    Participant

Because I can barely stand as it is. So you get a pint but sod it if I’m dancing :P

• Cpt. Mick
    Participant

Thank you all for the informative (and hilarious) responses! Though the pint rule would be a very nice one to implement indeed! Be sure to let us know if at any point this becomes protocol!

Many thanks,

Cpt. Mick

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

Over here in the states, we’ve not got such an interesting protocol. If you feel the need to salute, then ok, whatever. Go ahead. I’ll probably salute back!

Although, now that everyone mentions it, I DO keep getting saluted when out in uniform.  Maybe I should start demanding pints.  Well, that requires there to be a pub nearby, which there generally isn’t (more’s the pity).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.