operation: vending machines

Home Forums Art operation: vending machines

• This topic is empty.

operation: vending machines

• Sgt. Pinkerton
      Participant

This operation is relatively easy, all you have to do is put money into vending machine and overcome your urge to press any button. Next customer now can buy anything for free.

http://i45.tinypic.com/ohmgw6.jpg

first you have to cut them into rectangles.

http://i50.tinypic.com/9v8dhy.jpg

next cut out the triangles and fold it, it should be almost as wide as the slot for coins.

http://i50.tinypic.com/30iuntz.jpg

fold it once again, now it should not fall out because it will hold against the rim inside the slot.

http://i49.tinypic.com/fad9pd.jpg

this is how it looks in the vending machine.

I tried this in the school’s vending machine, but I believe it should work anywhere. If it falls out try folding more times to make it thicker.

I didn’t make PDF file, because it somehow turniped the colours…but it was set to cmyk, so I am including the original Illustrator file and if you have Illustrator you can print it out and it should look the same…or even better you can make the PDF file and post it here, maybe it will work for you.

Ikke-angivet-4.ai

original AI file

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

That is unbelievably genius and simple! I love it!

I’ll make sure to print of a load ahead of the MCM Expo.

• TS 3Dsniper
      Participant

pressed and saved, will make a pdf for you tonight, after our first round of rehersals

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant

Tinker likes this!

• Commander JET
      Keymaster

Love it!! Great idea!! :D

• Sgt. Pinkerton
      Participant

i’m glad you like it, but now i’m thinking, what if the vending machine will reset the value you put there after some time…I wasn’t thinking of that, so maybe you have to pick the beverage or snack for the customer…

• Flare by N-N-E
      Participant

“Help make over the world!”, interesting… I have not seen make used in such a way before, is it a kind of synonym for change ?

I ask because English is not mi first language.

The idea itself is quite nice.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

It’s one of the standard phrases the Army uses. As we’re hell bent on world domination, our aim is not ‘To Take over the world’ but ‘To MAKE over the world’ into a Utopian Playland.

• Flare by N-N-E
      Participant

So… if I understand correctly the latter is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike the former in a way meant to emphasize the difference between “greed” (take) and transformation “make” while using a simple enough verbal construction that the effect is mostly subconscious unless you take the time to analyse it.

Quite a clever bit of propaganda.

• The Disgraced Dark
      Participant

I came across this article and thought it was very much in the same vein:

Pay-it-forward coffee shop

There’s a coffee shop out there where every customer pays for the next customer’s coffee

written by Ryoko:

People are still nice. There is a cafe where everyone pays for everyone else’s drink in South Carolina. It’s just like the movie “Pay It Forward.” According to good.is, this started from one lady at this cafe.

“It all started two years ago at Corner Perk, a small, locally owned coffee shop, when a customer paid her bill and left $100 extra, saying she wanted to pay for everyone who ordered after her until the money ran out. The staff fulfilled her request, and the woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, has returned to leave other large donations every two to three months.” 

Then other customers started to “pay it forward” as well. 

“It took a while, but word has started to spread around the tiny coastal town, home to about 12,000 people. Now more and more customers have been leaving money to pay for others’ food and drink.”

The article also says that there are some who people just come by to donate.

Today I learned that people are still good. Reading about this cafe made me a little bit happy inside.

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

I will have to do this sometime

• Col. Canker Canison
      Participant

This is cool!

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.