Open Remix

Home Forums Special Operations Divisions PSIOPS Open Remix

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Keptin Alwinn 3 years ago.

Open Remix

• T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

:::UPDATE!:::

So this is long overdue. Better late than never, I suppose.

The following are links to download 4 zipped folders containing .wav samples of bits and pieces of 4 songs from the new Neuron Dreamtime album, Zero Cliff. All PSIOPS members are free to remix/mashup the materials and share. I just might include it on a possible remix compilation for Bandcamp in the future. Bonus points in the form of a PSIOPS robot charm to any remix that is somehow made TSU related.

To download all four a once:
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vl7908vigrz0/ZC_Remixables

To download each at your leisure:

Divide The Throne
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/br2tb406p8j047e/divide_the_throne.zip

Mutiny Within The Palace Of Eyes
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/h3zmote3bd2j3z9/mutiny_within_the_palace_of_eyes.zip

Would Anyone Want It?
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3h6a6jcbc12n2jm/would_anyone_want_it.zip

Xenoime
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/rfryq21mqzmjcd7/xenotime.zip

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

How exciting!

• T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

I have been trying to think of ways to integrate TSU, specifically PSIOPS, with my own Utopian Playland entity (and sucker-of-time) Neuron Dreamtime, and the processes and practices that go into manifesting it. I want to provide to those who have the time and the will a goal that isn’t just another contest with physical prize. Instead, an on going chance to co-create and practice and challenge ones music manipulating ability.

During the weekly process of practicing my trade and polishing the new album sometimes a new song, or two, will be started with no real place within the context of current projects, rambling excretions of my creative organ and it’s experimental conversations with the tools-of-the-trade. It’s these bits and pieces that I intend to collect and provide all the samples and multi-tracks in a re-mixable format for anyone who dares.

I hope this interests people enough to contribute and participate. There are two songs at the moment that are almost ready to be broken down into samples and shared. Everyone is free to use the samples in part or whole in any style they wish and are encouraged to share their end result and any tricks used or discovered in the process.

Any additional ideas, questions and/or encouragements are welcome here in this thread.

-TFU

PS I’ll start a proper perpetual project thread once the songs are ready. ;)

• T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

Is anyone even remotely interested in this “perpetual” project?

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Well, I could certainly do with some stuff for the new propaganda video’s I’m putting together. Kevin MacLeod is good, but it doesn’t always feel very…. us, if you understand.

• T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

Awesome! I’ll be sure to include, with the remix material, my original mixes for video and propaganda use. :)

• T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

Been keeping myself busy, building my Utopian Playland and all. The one music project that’s been my focus is now more close to full completion than ever, as one would hope. There are a few remix folders started and a couple more planned. If anyone decides to attempt a remix I may include it for the Neuron Dreamtime remix album (Full remix credit will be given to any used in the release). TSU propaganda variations are encouraged. Just be creative and have fun! (That is once I get them all gather and uploaded to mediafire.)

• We need a TSU reggae song. Just sayn. 

• T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

@Captain Mayo said:
    We need a TSU reggae song. Just sayn. 

Yeah we do.
    Jah! The Rastafarian Robot. lol

• @Captain Mayo said:
    We need a TSU reggae song. Just sayn. 

That would be PERFECT for the CD i’m making.

• Donovan Digital
    Participant

Im down, once I get my hardware back ( sometime in sept.)

• T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

@Donovan Digital said:
    Im down, once I get my hardware back ( sometime in sept.)

Awesome! And welcome to PSIOPS!
     :smile:

• I know its been a while since this topic’s been opened, but I downloaded your samples. After I finish a few lasting music projects, I’ll listen to each one and write some music for PSA’s, Podcasts, Radio Programs, and incorporate your samples into them. I’ll keep everyone updated on progress!

Thanks for sharing!

• Keptin Alwinn
    Participant

Did that Robot Rasta ever happen?! I didn’t know I wanted that till right now. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.