Official Uniform Thread

Home Forums Art Official Uniform Thread

• This topic is empty.

Official Uniform Thread

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Restarting a number of threads, post the pictures of yourself in your wonderful, marvelous shiny Toy Soldier uniform.

This includes your uniform accessories, your accoutrements, or just anything you wear that is toy-soldiery!

• Keydrian
      Participant

well, this thread has to start with someone’s uniform, may as well contribute XD

http://imgur.com/a/yV8WD#0

it’s an album for load time’s sake. I’m still working on it, and that blaster is going to get a few coats of paint before I’m done. I do have to find a better trench coat though, that one is way too warm for summer wear.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Well heres one of mine, The pic is about two years old but then again my uniform has only had a few tweeks in that time.

Im also planning on making a nice new and most importantly lighter uniform for use at smaller invasions, leaving this dress uniform for the big invasions.

Photobucket

• I’m making my uniform now. How strict are the colour rules? I really like browns and tans but only only females can use it as their base colour right? I HAVE to go black?

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

They’re no so much rules as much as… guidelines.

• Cadeon
      Participant

IMHO, the uniform ‘rules’ are really more ‘guides’ – it’s to get you going in… a direction. Where you go from there is more up to you.

I am a fan of the black and yellow, though being a Florida resident, my summer uniform often includes khaki, and short pants and short sleeves, both of which are fairly non-standard.

• Cadeon
      Participant

Jinx, you owe me a beer.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Lies and slander.

• K thanks, I love you guys.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I probably should post my own uniform pictures, considering I started the thread…

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant
    • Gravedust
      Participant

Rev. Geoff Nicholson:
      I probably should post my own uniform pictures, considering I started the thread

• spagoso
      Participant

my uniform at the moment … (still want to add some more stuff)

• Madison
      Participant

So0o0o after alott of running around today I finally found all the parts for my uniform except for patches that I am geting next week : D I found the shirt was a bit big around the shoulder area but after a couple revisions .,.,snipp snipp.,., I gave it a bit of a more fun and free look while still keeping the totalitarian feel to it : D The over all look is a bit of a mix of a Russian ww2 political oficer and a Nizzi Wherewolf woman of the ss : D and ofcorse quite a bit of my own influences too!! [Image Can Not Be Found]

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

here’s my heavy uniform. used for big invasion and events. very hot though…especially inside where all the expos take place…

[Image Can Not Be Found]

• Montee
      Participant

I always start with the hat and work downwards… and you wait until you see the latest hat!!! It is all finished and ready to be unleashed on an unsuspecting UK Public!

Photobucket

• Commander JET
      Participant

Can’t wait to see!! :mrgreen:

• spagoso
      Participant

Im still working on my uniform … i thought it would be nice to make a post about the updates and the making of the bits and pieces …

My uniform when i started a few mounths ago … we’ll call it stage 1.0

• spagoso
      Participant

version 2.0

added a tactical vest.

• spagoso
      Participant

version 2.1

Added a patch for my nickname and divisions … Both my TSU patch and this patch are attached same style as my mollie pouches.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

great uniform comrade!

• mr. Killjoy
      Participant

Hm. Gotta spend some resources on making those muself. But might I ask a thing? What is the difference between Toy Soldier uniform and a Utility Soldier uniform (I’ve been here, yes)? Sorry for the dumb one, I’m just foreign.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

there really isnt any code or rules to making your uniform, you dont even need one actually. a black shirt with a patch sown on is always excellent. i always try to keep in the black, yellow, red colou scheme though.

the toy soldier uniforms, compared to the utility one, is more dress uniform, smarter. while the utility is more action, combat based uniform.

all depends on the style you like. also practicality comes into it. i know a few soldiers who take along alot of camera equipment with them so a uniform with lots of pockets is needed.

• mr. Killjoy
      Participant

Eh, I’ve read that. I just didn’t get what Utility Uniform means.
      And… I know how crazy this might sound, but as for the uniform, I need one, because I want one. :twisted:

• Raptor
      Participant

Shame that picture isn’t clearer Madison, but it does look fantastic!

Spagoso’s uniform has come on leaps and bounds.

And Morglum’s uniform… Well, I’ve seen it in the flesh. Still looks good :)

Also, I’ll be restarting my uniform, going with this;
      Sling Backpack

And this;
      Grab-it Pack

Combined with my current gloves and some elbow and knee pads.

• sergentmichael
      Participant

well heres mine i havent got any patchs yet but ill update the picture as soon as i do
      http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2_0_0_1_554639_ALTTimIAAL2HT99VhQsJTRl6U%2Fg&pid=1&fid=Inbox&inline=1

• Odin
      Participant

Where did you get the division pins. Soo awesome =)

• spagoso
      Participant

I printed them on “iron on” sheets and put them on a patch i made that i can put on the molle system on my vest..

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

i have noticed over the last few months, from the end of summer really, that military uniforms and styles are starting to enter the mainstream fashion arena. 

this is due partly because of the “discovery” of steampunk by the majority of people and of course by the sexiest army on earth….us!

im sure that through out the world many people have seen our cool outfits and thought to themselves ” who are those gorgeous creatures, and where can i get cloths like that?”

this all means we need to keep up our invasion successes and keep spreading the words and games of fun to the funless…and if we look sterling while doing it, all the better!

funited together!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

As I seem to be having trouble complying with the wishes of the new board’s image-linking tricks, I’ll instead provide a link. Or three.

http://septograph.meme-complex.com/user/geoff/tsdisney12_1.jpg

http://septograph.meme-complex.com/user/geoff/akon21_1.jpg

http://septograph.meme-complex.com/user/geoff/enlistment.jpg

http://septograph.meme-complex.com/gallery/tsdisney11/IMG_1456.JPG

And did I mention the fez? ’cause Fezzes are cool!

http://septograph.meme-complex.com/gallery/random/fez.jpg

Also, it appears that my cache is out of date, as there are a number of photos missing here which I shall rectify.  Also, as you will all notice, these are pre-realignment uniforms.  I’m working on a new uniform, but haven’t gotten it done yet.

• My No.1 and 2 uniforms

[Image Can Not Be Found]

• i have a uniform idea what about a snow suit dyed black? for invasions

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

That sounds great. Though, what’s stopping you from having one that’s already black? Would save a lot of time and effort in the dying deperatement.

• true true but here’s another idea what about a snow suit but painted with black and yellow camoflauge and a matching helmet cover :cool:

• Inactive
      Participant

Can anyone guess what this is? :wink:

• Col. Canker Canison
      Participant
    • Brigadier Davis
      Participant

I’m going to guess an armband

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

@Brigadier Davis said:
      I’m going to guess an armband

Yeah, it’s a brassard. ;)

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
      Participant

I guess this thread isn’t going to be complete without a posting from me. :wink:

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
      Participant

As “The Sky Marshal”, I thought I should have an appropriately over-the-top uniform. My main influences came from Hermann Goering, Curly Howard’s parody of Hermann Goering in “You Natzy Spy”, and Emperor Norton. With a little George S. Patton and Starship Troopers thrown in.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

glad to see the kilt has been entered on the official ts uniform armoury section!

strength through steel! the kilt crusade!…and visible legs!

• This is my uniform so far. Working on more shiny things! 
      My uniform

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

The light! So bright! IT BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURNS!

No seriously, that’s awesome!

• …and with my NERF Rampage!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

THE LED’s THEY’RE SO BRIGHT!

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant

New uniform component teaser.

There may or may not be a 15lb anvil in the forground. :P

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Shame Tink, I was hoping the Anvil was going to be part of the uniform.

Or are you planning on finally catching Road Runner?

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant

A little from column A and a little from column B.laugh

So, I’ve added a single pauldron to my uniform. The shoulder is made of cardboard from a MegaBlocks Halo box, some black fun foam for the chevron panels, leather working rivets, some glue, a strip of leather and buckle for the support strap, and finally, the shiny part on the side is stainless steel clad aluminum scales with bright aluminum rings that I was up all night making. All work and no sleep make Tinker something, something…

PIC DUMP GO NOW!

Once they’re in stock, I may order black, red, and yellow scales and replace the shiny piece with something in the TSU colours. kiss

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Oh that is very shiny. I like it a lot!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

very nice tinker!

• Commander JET
      Participant

Tinker..that is nothing short of Bad Ass! Fantastic work!!coollaugh

…you are the law! kiss

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

Totally awesome!

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant

I wasn’t sure where to put this, but ta-da!

Making this was stupifyingly easy, and it can disassembled into 1 8′ section of 550 paracord and 2 7″ pieces of the same cord.

Weee!

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant

Annnnd the Toy Soldier version.

Same info the last one. These are surprisingly fun to make. …at least until you burn your finger melting the cut ends of the cord.yell

The yellow is really neon coloured IRL, That seems to be the way the camera picked it up.

• Engineer Airhead
      Keymaster

Holy smokes!
      I’d take one TS version if these are for sale!!!

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Ask Lillium, she makes paracord bracelets from time to time.

• SPC Voodoo
      Participant

I make those bracelets also. Love me some paracord bracelets. I also make Germ Grenades. I also made 1 pair of flip flops and 1 watchband. And I agree it does go great with the uniform. If you notice in some of my pics I am wearing my yellow and black one for the TSU. Thanks for sharing, Tinker. *salutes*

-SPC Voodoo

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

So I just ordered my bits and pieces to start my uniform! Gonna be basing it on the Toy Mechanic uniform on the main site ^_^

• Inactive
      Participant

Last autumn I started a new uniform, because reasons.

And now, BEHOLD!! (still W.I.P.)

With the scarf being a placeholder or winter uniform accessory. :P

Things to be added: TSU-ish stuff (more yellow) , MEDALS, maybe later a new hat.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Loving the new uniform Raz!

Tinker, that Yellow Jacket Variant paracord, how much do you reckon I would need to make a dress uniform Lanyard out of?

• Awesome uniform Raz! Already looking epic.914_gif

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Good work Raz.

Awesome stuff, Tinker.

Shiny is good, Gonzo. I see you wear your shoulder patches like Epaulets too, good to see someone else had the same idea!

• Commander JET
      Participant

Tinker those are awesome indeed!!

Raz..love it!! Mind if I steal that photo?

*oops* too late!cool

• Anonymous

After many years of sweltering summer RenFaire invasions, I have started my summer uniform…well, gathering supplies for it, at any rate…pics to come shortly.

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

OMGeez, I love the pauldron Tinker YJ!!! Getting some good inspiration for my uniform here. Thanx all!!

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Not the best selfie (mirror images never really are)…but here it is….my fledgling uniform. :)

• Anonymous
    • Commander JET
      Participant

Excellent work Voltor!! Hope we get a pic of you with them on! cool

…and Constable Ad-Tavi! I may have already commented on this photo…but still. Fine looking uniform solider! *salutes*wink

• Anonymous

Thank you, JET.  The epoxy I need to finish them is on its way.

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

@Commander JET said:

…and Constable Ad-Tavi! I may have already commented on this photo…but still. Fine looking uniform solider! *salutes*wink

Thank you Jet. Have since added a Cascadia patch to the right arm. And am hoping to add some more patches once my work year starts back up and funds can allow. :D

• Anonymous

@Commander JET said:

Absolutely!  It might take a few more weeks before I put everything together, though.wink

• Cap'n C. Worthy
      Participant

Ahoy all! I just completed my shiny, new uniform and I’m beyond happy with it.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

Nice!
      Especially the hood

Is it one of those ones that zips up at the front so it makes the full face?

• Cap'n C. Worthy
      Participant

Is it one of those ones that zips up at the front so it makes the full face?

Alas, it is not. Just a random hood I attached to the vest. That would’ve been cool but I just did one side of the face to kinda counter-balance with the patch on the other side.

• Commander JET
      Participant

Cap’n C. Worthy! Excellent work on your uniform! I will snag a few of these for our gallery! cool

• Cap'n C. Worthy
      Participant

Why thank you, Commander JET! Glad to contribute as always. Of course now I have to figure out my next project to move onto…

• Cap'n C. Worthy
      Participant

Just finished my new uniform, this one with much more of a pirate-y feel.

mrgreen

• Very cool, Captain C :D

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

Awesome!

I’m loving the whole Pirate theme of your Toy Soldierness Cap’n!

• Cap'n C. Worthy
      Participant

@Doth’Rah said:
      Awesome!

Why thank you! I’m having a lot of fun with it myself.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

Hah, that uniform looks awesome Cap’n. :D

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

@Cap’n C. Worthy said:

@Doth’Rah said:
      Awesome!

Why thank you! I’m having a lot of fun with it myself.

At the end of the day Cpt. That’s all the matters, You’re going about this whole thing the right way.

• WittyUsernameHere
      Participant

It’s not quite done yet, but here it is anyway:

• Anonymous

Looks good so far!laugh

• WittyUsernameHere
      Participant

@Sgt. Voltor said:
      Looks good so far!laugh

:D Thanks!

• Inactive
      Participant

Vikky and I have been busy:

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant
    • WittyUsernameHere
      Participant

My thoughts exactly Sarge.

• KayMajunie
      Participant

Vikky made this Photo :).

• Anonymous
    • Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

I stole some pictures from last weekend to show off my current uniform. :P

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

@Lt. Sophie said:
      I stole some pictures from last weekend to show off my current uniform. :P

Welp….Damn

• Anonymous

Very nice, Sophie! :D

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

Hey, I know this guy! laugh

Nice uniform, lad.

• Anonymous

And Gonzo wins all the internets!mrgreen

• @Sgt. Voltor said:
      And Gonzo wins all the internets!mrgreen

Hahahaha thank you Voltor :P

• Lexi
      Participant

I finally got my uniform done, it only took like a year X)

Excuse the terrible image quality :/

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Hey brilliant work Lexi!

• Anonymous

@Lexi said:
      I finally got my uniform done, it only took like a year X)

Excuse the terrible image quality :/

I love it! mrgreen

• Silent Addle
      Participant

Good work Lexi. *salute*

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

That looks great, Lexi. laugh

• Lexi
      Participant

Heh, thanks guys laugh

• Was great meeting you at Expo, Lexi :) Cool uniform, with that TSOSD patch and all :P

• Lexi
      Participant

Thanks, it was cool meeting you guys :)

• SLIII
      Participant

The black work vest on a black shirt was a bit boring. So I took a little inspiration from Gonzo’s outfit. I added some grey to the top.

soldier salute

guns blazing

I painted the guns, vest, mask, and walkie talkie. The gas tank has a Toy Soldier Laughing Gas sticker. Not included in the pictures are my knee and elbow pads.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Oh man that looks brilliant!

• Anonymous

@SLIII said:
      The black work vest on a black shirt was a bit boring. So I took a little inspiration from Gonzo’s outfit. I added some grey to the top.

soldier salute

guns blazing

I painted the guns, vest, mask, and walkie talkie. The gas tank has a Toy Soldier Laughing Gas sticker. Not included in the pictures are my knee and elbow pads.

PERFECT!

• Love the walkie talkie!

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

This looks awesome! Very well done. laugh

• SLIII
      Participant

Thanks all. I’m happy with it and will march forth to makeover the world. 

• @Brigadier Davis said:
      Well heres one of mine, The pic is about two years old but then again my uniform has only had a few tweeks in that time.

Im also planning on making a nice new and most importantly lighter uniform for use at smaller invasions, leaving this dress uniform for the big invasions.

Photobucket

I love the Uniform and the Banner! A word of warning my friend, the Military bars/accreditations can get you busted for impersonating a member of the Armed forces. a creative way around that is to cover them in colored fabric that have no relation to the bars of the armed forces. that whole yellow/red/white/gig for example. March on dear soldier!

• So for uniforms, if you are wearing boots, do most people tuck in the pants to their boots or just let the pants hang over?

• I let my trousers hang over, though my boots are not of significant length.

• Anonymous

I tuck my pants into my boots, but also have my summer uniform Converse high tops which I had made custom from the Converse website.  http://voltor07.deviantart.com/art/Toy-Soldier-Uniform-Shoes-632101709

• Nice, so if I got high top boots then tuck them in, otherwise probably best to just wear pants normally. Thanks guys.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

@Specialist Kit Allison said:
      Nice, so if I got high top boots then tuck them in, otherwise probably best to just wear pants normally. Thanks guys.  

Always remember, we’re here for inspiration and advice, but there are no rules as to how your uniform is supposed to look. Wear it in a way you’re comfortable with, and that you think suits you best. ;-)

• Thanks for the tips. And if anybody is interested some guy on ebay is selling toronto police hats for $20. So if anybody is looking for that style of dress hat, its a good deal. Just fyi.

• birchy
      Participant

Done a quick mock-up of a striking uniform for key events, etc.

Definitely needs some yellow high lights, was thinking some tinted lenses, a yellow band for the top hat. The metal ridge around the exhale valve at the front could be painted as well.

It’s not shown in the picture but I’m wearing a trench coat and soon-to-be-yellow-laced military boots.

• Anonymous

Birchy, that is a fantastic start!  Don’t forget the patches!bliss_gif

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

It look genuinely awesome! Well done, Hax!

• Anonymous

Love it, Hax!bliss_gif

• Smartly done. *Salutes*

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

I agree, this looks really cool, Hax. cool

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

Okay, this is just a quick, rough, loose concept for my Nurse uniform that I jotted down while I had it in my head. Is this acceptable as a uniform? Any and all feedback is appreciated.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

@Jan Grackle said:

Okay, this is just a quick, rough, loose concept for my Nurse uniform that I jotted down while I had it in my head. Is this acceptable as a uniform? Any and all feedback is appreciated.  

I honestly don’t see anything. Did you upload the picture somewhere everybody can look at?

• Silent Addle
      Participant

I have to confirm that I can’t see the attached image, when I checked out the source it redirected me to the hotmail login page.

I would suggest trying imgur as an image host in the future.

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

@Silent Addle said:
      I have to confirm that I can’t see the attached image, when I checked out the source it redirected me to the hotmail login page.

Thank you for informing me! My apologies. I’ll see what I can do about posting a visible image.

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

@Silent Addle said:

Sorry about that! I’m still getting used to how this website works. As they say, “The more you know…….”

• Silent Addle
      Participant

@Jan Grackle said:

Sorry about that! I’m still getting used to how this website works. As they say, “The more you know…….”  

No worries Jan, we’ve all got to learn somewhere, imgur.com is my favoured image host, once you upload a picture there it’ll give you a bunch of relevant links which you can use to post the image here.

If you need any help just check into the livechat, no doubt someone will be there to assist. :)

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

I’ve never had any problem with Flickr either.

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

Nurse Concept

Let’s hope everyone can see this! If so, what are your opinions? Any suggestions? Is this acceptable as a uniform?

• Silent Addle
      Participant

@Jan Grackle said:
      Let’s hope everyone can see this! If so, what are your opinions? Any suggestions? Is this acceptable as a uniform?  

That looks like a great concept Jan, how are you thinking of making the chest piece?

Be sure to post in progress pics when you’re working on it, okay?

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

@Silent Addle said:

That looks like a great concept Jan, how are you thinking of making the chest piece?

I’m not quite sure how to tackle the corset, to be honest. I have a pattern for one, so that might help a little bit. I think for now, it’ll just be a lot of studying up and trial and error. Luckily, I already own the boots and leggings, so there’s that expense out of the way! And yes, when I actually get around to working on it, I’ll post plenty of pictures!

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

@Silent Addle said:

Oh, and regarding the actual shirt part, it’ll really just be a fabric piece that’s sewn onto an already-made shirt, to which I’ll also add the collar, cuffs, and buttons.

• Anonymous

Jan, I love it!  I REALLY dig that skirt!  I can’t wait to see the finished product!bliss_gif

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

@Sgt. Voltor YJ said:
      Jan, I love it!  I REALLY dig that skirt!  I can’t wait to see the finished product!bliss_gif  

Thank you! Now, the tricky part is to figure out how to get the fabric to actually drape like that….

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

@Jan Grackle said:

I’m not quite sure how to tackle the corset, to be honest. I have a pattern for one, so that might help a little bit. I think for now, it’ll just be a lot of studying up and trial and error. Luckily, I already own the boots and leggings, so there’s that expense out of the way! And yes, when I actually get around to working on it, I’ll post plenty of pictures!  

There are a bunch of helpful tutorials on Youtube on how to make a corset. Maybe you can find something useful there. :-)
      Other than that, this looks great! Can’t wait to see more of this.

• After thinking about it forever I finally put together a sketch of what I want my uniform to be. Tada, tell me what you think.

Hat-Black with yellow ribbon Peaked Cap with TSU patch

-Black Garrison Cap with TSU logo patch

-Khaki Aussie hat

Jacket-Black Peel Frock Coat with proper TSU arm patches and silver buttons

Belt-Black/brown with silver hardware Sam Brown belt

Armband-Yellow armband with TSU/Division velcro patch

Pants-Grey/khaki cargo pants

Leg wraps-Black/brown Puttees

Boots-Black/brown high top combat boots.

Should I do brown and khaki stuff or black and grey stuff?

• Anonymous

Why not do both brown and black?  I use brown pants with my black top…I’m thinking, black jacket, brown cargo pants.  Avoid khaki if you are going with black…khaki doesn’t really go well with yellow, either, which is a thing to consider.  It also depends on the look you’re going for…steampunk tends to be less grey, more brown.  Cyberpunk/dieselpunk tends to use more grey.  These are just suggestions, nothing written in stone here.

• Thanks, and the more I look at it, the more the brown color grows on me.

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

After thinking about it forever I finally put together a sketch of what I want my uniform to be. Tada, tell me what you think.

Hat-Black with yellow ribbon Peaked Cap with TSU patch

-Black Garrison Cap with TSU logo patch

-Khaki Aussie hat

Jacket-Black Peel Frock Coat with proper TSU arm patches and silver buttons

Belt-Black/brown with silver hardware Sam Brown belt

Armband-Yellow armband with TSU/Division velcro patch

Pants-Grey/khaki cargo pants

Leg wraps-Black/brown Puttees

Boots-Black/brown high top combat boots.

Should I do brown and khaki stuff or black and grey stuff?  

This is a great concept! It looks like it’ll be a fun project to put together.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

I’d be very interested in seeing the finished article. Do post it when it is finished…. if a uniform can ever be said to be truly finished. Mine still accumulates pins and patches on a regular basis.

• @Captain Dermut said:
      I’d be very interested in seeing the finished article. Do post it when it is finished…. if a uniform can ever be said to be truly finished. Mine still accumulates pins and patches on a regular basis.  

I will, Probably be done after the holidays, or shortly before, depending on my finances. But will definitely post pictures.

• Hey, are the TSU shoulder patches iron on?

• Made a field uniform while I wait for my coat for my formal uniform to arrive.

• Anonymous

I’m digging it!mrgreen

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Hey, are the TSU shoulder patches iron on?  

That they are.

• My mom said I look like a park ranger.

• Added a kilt and utility belt.

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

That’s looking awesome! It’s definitely got a lot of character to it. Actually, I really like the idea of having a field uniform in addition to having a main one. The field uniform can be a bit lighter and maybe more casual if you’re going somewhere possibly messy and don’t want your main uniform to get ruined. That, or you’re just very tired and don’t want to put on a complicated uniform, but invasion beckons. Thanks for the fantastic idea, comrade!

• @Jan Grackle said:
      That’s looking awesome! It’s definitely got a lot of character to it. Actually, I really like the idea of having a field uniform in addition to having a main one. The field uniform can be a bit lighter and maybe more casual if you’re going somewhere possibly messy and don’t want your main uniform to get ruined. That, or you’re just very tired and don’t want to put on a complicated uniform, but invasion beckons. Thanks for the fantastic idea, comrade!  

Thanks Jan, And I have never felt comfortable wearing a kilt in public, but now I’m just like, “part of the uniform” (I’ve always liked the idea of wearing skirts, I’m jealous of girls :p)

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

Thanks Jan, And I have never felt comfortable wearing a kilt in public, but now I’m just like, “part of the uniform” (I’ve always liked the idea of wearing skirts, I’m jealous of girls :p)  

Hey, skirts are awesome! It’s great that you’ve been able to come out of your comfort zone and really get down to trying new things. For that, I commend you!

• @Jan Grackle said:

Hey, skirts are awesome! It’s great that you’ve been able to come out of your comfort zone and really get down to trying new things. For that, I commend you!  

Thanks, I love how supportive everyone here is.

• Its finally done. The uniform I have been planning since day one of joining is finally done.

31796275463_eef6e79d76_z.jpg31796274453_80c2eb8a75_z.jpg32608429265_42dd555bf5_z.jpg

• Here is a close up of the collar, I used TSU buttons.

• Anonymous

Looking FANTASTIC!  All you need now is some medals and a nametag!  I went through these guys, with a custom stainless steel 0.75″x2.5″ https://www.bestnamebadges.com/engraved-name-badges.php

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

That looks absolutely amazing! Great job on your uniform!

• Thank you. 

• Nessie
      Participant

got myself a uniform! (The brass on my shoulder is engraved….can barely see that on the picture)

• Anonymous

I LOVES IT!

• Nessie
      Participant

Thank you! 

Here is another look at the outfit

I can post some close ups of some details if anyone is interested^^

• Jan Grackle
      Participant

That is fantastic! I’m really loving the spats in particular. They add so much character!

• I just finished transferring my patches to a new uniform shirt just in time for my town’s local anime convention.

Not shown in the photo is the RGB lighting installed in my respirator canisters.  However, they are RGB and are equipped with a remote control for the lighting.  If anyone is curious, they are submersible LED light decorations used for parties and such. I got a pack of two from Amazon for $10.00.  They are just the right size to fit snugly in the mask, and they each use three AAA batteries.

• Anonymous

@Special Agent VeeVee said:
      I just finished transferring my patches to a new uniform shirt just in time for my town’s local anime convention.

Not shown in the photo is the RGB lighting installed in my respirator canisters.  However, they are RGB and are equipped with a remote control for the lighting.  If anyone is curious, they are submersible LED light decorations used for parties and such. I got a pack of two from Amazon for $10.00.  They are just the right size to fit snugly in the mask, and they each use three AAA batteries.

Interesting…wish the picture showed up…sounds awesome, though!

• I’ll have to fix this.  I haven’t touched my Photobucket in a looong time.  I didn’t even realize they changed it so free accounts don’t allow 3rd party hosting. cry

Viewing 166 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.