Newsletter is a thing now!

Home Forums Announcements Newsletter is a thing now!

• This topic is empty.

Newsletter is a thing now!

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Productive day has been productive, and is still in production!

Successfully, we’ve managed to compile a mailing list from all the users ever associated with toysoldiersunite.com, and this weekend will see the initial newsletter being sent out to everyone on that list. Mainly so we can discover which emails are no longer in use, and those who wish to unsubscribe.

From that we’ll make new mailing list so periodically we can email everyone with the latest topics on TSU, mission reports, and any new merchandise and music.

The system is rather haphazard, so some people may receive the newsletter twice, but don’t worry, that’ll be sorted once we’ve refined things a tad.

In the mean time, welcome back to all of those Toy Soldiers who have been acting as sleeper agents throughout the world!

• Anonymous
    • Athrun Nailo
      Participant

Awww, no newsletter in my email box frown

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Don’t worry. The first 20,000 emails kinda brought a server to tears. I still have another 15,000 to work through, but they’ll go out a little slower.

Anyways, there’s nothing new in it for those of you who are regulars in the chat and already know what shenanigans are going on.

• Also, check your spam messages. It might end up in there.

• Athrun Nailo
      Participant

What domain is the newsletter coming from?  So I can tell my spam filter that these messages should be delivered.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

It’ll be coming from @toysoldiersunite.com

• Kizzy
      Participant

I’m back…still haven’t been able to make my uniform…

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

It is not the uniform that makes us. :) Welcome back!

• Lollipop Jones
      Participant

I got one! Brought me back after many years absence.

laugh

• @Lollipop Jones said:
      I got one! Brought me back after many years absence.

laugh

Welcome back! :D

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

The last emails will be sent tonight, completing the first complete batch of newsletters.

Now, I’d like to clarify, this isn’t going to be like a full newspaper type thing as you may have seen in the past. Newsletter emails will be brief, to the point, and have links to posts and articles, rather than having them all in one huge email or attached PDF.

These… secret transmissions as one might call them, are to help Toy Soldiers get the most out of toysoldiersunite.com, as well as alerting them to global events such as the Gaming Marathon or Toy Soldier Day.

• N3RF-0us
      Participant

aawh! :( didn’t got the mail!
      i need to be more active for TSU, i’ve been away far to long.

• Ciel’sRue
      Participant

I did not receive an email. I was wondering if it was because I am not active here?

• Silent Addle
      Participant

@Ciel’sRue said:
      I did not receive an email. I was wondering if it was because I am not active here?

Hey, there can be a few reasons you didn’t get the email, firstly they may not have all gone out (I think they should have by now, but I can’t be 100% on this), second the email may have been tagged as spam or filtered by your email provider, then of course we also have the possibility that the email address might be miss-typed or contain an error.

Regardless, it is not about activity and in no way are you being excluded, emails have so far contained a summary of current projects and popular forum threads, so between seeing what is going on here and taking a look at the front page you can see what the email says, otherwise I am sure we can sit you down with someone and get them to update you in live chat if you need.

Take care.

-Silent

• Flare by N-N-E
      Participant

This new transmission has caused me to… return.

Others… seem to have returned as well.

This is good… I think.

• Welcome back Flare!!!

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.