MCM London Expo 24th-26th of October: RISE OF THE ARMY!

Home Forums Missions MCM London Expo 24th-26th of October: RISE OF THE ARMY!

• This topic is empty.

MCM London Expo 24th-26th of October: RISE OF THE ARMY!

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Comrades! It is time for a call to arms.

This October will see the biggest MCM Expo ever in the UK, numbers are estimated at well over 100,000. It can’t be stressed enough what a great potential this will be for the Army of Toy Soldiers, not just to spread our mission to the masses, to recruit new members, but more importantly, to SHOW the world that we wont go quietly into the night! We wont give up without a fight!
      We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! We are going to shout at the world that the creativity and imagination that lives in every man, woman and child can be harnessed, can be forged, can be used to engineer a reality that is truly deserving of the future we look forward too!

Prepare your propaganda, we will need them in truly staggering amounts.
      Dazzle your uniforms, blind them with your awesomeness, your style, your rugged good looks and your deceptive beauty!
      Train your vocals, let your voices swim into their ears, and wash their brains like Cillit Bang mixed with industrial strength solvents.

The Table

Last Expo, we didn’t have enough funds to purchase a dealer table to use as our forwarding operating base and recruitment station. We’d like to ensure we have somewhere for all Toy Soldiers, potential recruits and interested parties to join us. Currently, Toysoldiersunite.com is operating on minimum income, so what I’d like to do is personally ask for donations to the table.
      MCM haven’t opened up booking to dealers and traders yet, however we’re guessing that the price of a table will be between £210 to £250 GBP. If anyone is willing to donate for us to get our foot in the door, it would be greatly appreciated. To donate, just send whatever amount you wish via paypal to [email protected] . If more money is donated that we need for the table, it’ll be put towards a roll up banner stand, more propaganda, or more importantly, the infamous pizza order.

Accommodation

I imagine that preference once more goes towards staying at St. Christopher’s in London Bridge, so we’ll go with that. More details to follow in that regards.

At The Expo

Naturally, the greatest impact we can have is by demonstration are superior fire p….. FUNNERY power. If you have practical suggestions, such as a march, a sing along, a challenge, please share them. Understand, attending the MCM Expo is extremely exhausting, especially with the numbers that are expected, the crowds attending, and the overall chaos involved, so be prepared.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

Donation made :)

We could do sing alongs to Utopian Playland and Dr Steel Blues off the Toy Uprise Inside as well my TSU-related song (which I swear I will record and put on my Soundcloud one of these days), show off some Toy Soldiers made music.

Or just subtle things like listen to Dr Steel and Toy Soldier made music in the evenings when we hang out

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

And/or Mandatory Fun as it will be out by then

• Athrun Nailo
      Participant

Won’t be able to attend, but kicked a couple bucks toward the table.  Make us proud

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Would love to be able to attend, however London is a bit of a stretch for me financially. Will make a donation as soon as I can (getting paid once a month kinda sucks, lemme just tell ya!!)

• Donated what I could spare the moment I saw this post, might throw in some more bucks later when I have more to spare! 
      Mikey, great idea and I’m looking forward to hearing your TSU song! 

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Update:

Tickets are on sale NOW! There has been a change to the way tickets are being sold as well.

All tickets will now be ADVANCE. If the advance tickets do not sell out before hand, MAYBE there will be tickets available at the door. Otherwise, nada.

Prices have gone up as well slightly, £35 for Priority all three days. This may mean that they’ve finally solved the infamous entry/exit issues as well. We’ll see.

http://www.mcmexpostore.com/collections/london-comic-con

Extra Update:

The dealer/sales table are STILL not open for booking. I’m checking every day now. MCM said they’d be open from end of July, but they still cant get it sorted.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

Ticket ordered

How are the donations for the table coming along? I can chuck over another 5-10 quid if needed :)

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

We’re almost there. But until bookings open, I can’t guarantee anything, since they haven’t even announced prices for tables.

• Robin
      Participant

please have a crafty £10 to go towards the table :3

lets get this thing running

• Tickets are about 25% sold now. The admin of the MCM Expo FB group said he reckons that the weekend priority tickets could sell out within a fortnight, so get them asap!

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Courtesy of several VERY generous Toy Soldiers, we have secured our place at the London MCM Expo this October, which is expected to be the biggest yet with likely over 120,000 attendees.
      And it’s not just a dealer table. It’s a BOOTH! This means we have 1 electrical socket for us to use. The obvious choice for this would be to plug in a monitor/tv to broadcast propaganda and brainwash the masses!
      SirHamster and myself are already working on some things, however if you have some skill with video editing and production and want to submit something by the end of October, DO SO! We’ll show it at the booth, and demonstrate to the world our combined creative strengths, and inspire others to do the same!
      MARCH FORTH TOY SOLDIERS!

• WHOOOHOOOO!!!!! Now to plan strategics, and gigantic amounts of propaganda! :D 

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Alright. Head count time. Who’s coming to Expo and who wants a bed at the hostel?

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

You can count me in! Een if I have to resort to on-the-day tickets, I’ll definitely be there, and if it’s okay, volunteering to help with the booth.

• Raptor
      Participant

It’s about time that I actually turned up to an event without dying a week or two before hand. 

Count me in. 

• Fairly obvious that I’ll be there, and need a bed.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

I shall be there in my glorious new uniform (with added backstory XD)
      A bed I shall be needing :)

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

Looking through some new-recruit emails I collected over last weekend, I am finding a few of them are just straight-up unreadable. So maybe instead of the old clipboard-and-pen recruitment thing, perhaps have a tablet or a laptop or something so people can just type in their details. it’d make things easier for whomever would be sending around the mass-email.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

I’ll bring a tablet along.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

MCM Expo attendees!
      Those who have booked hostel beds with Brigadier ‘Iron’ Davis need to contact him ASAP in regards to payment!
      You will also need to drop by the Nurse & Medic regiment for your twice yearly con-flu shots. These will be administered by unqualified nurses who have had too much caffeine.

• Pennant
      Participant

I’ll be there like rapidshare :^) 
      got all my ticket and hotel and shizzle booked ready, can’t wait to see you all again

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Pfft, Yousuck JOG you should come hostel with the Cool soldiers!

• @Brigadier Davis said:

I agree, next time go to the hostel with us. It will be so much more fun!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

@LED-Master Gonzo said:

@Brigadier Davis said:

I agree, next time go to the hostel with us. It will be so much more fun!

Listen to this guy, he knows what hes talking about

• Pennant
      Participant

my friends always book the hotels and shiz, then I forget all about rooms for anything and end up with them
      but actually they haven’t booked for May yet so I’ll hopefully be throwing down with you guys for then :^) 
      less than a month though and I am hyped 

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Totally man, On stilts I take it?

And do you want me to yell at you before I book the hostel for may to remind you?

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Three days until expo is upon us so I have only one thing to say.

WAKE UP AND GET YOUR ARSES INTO GEAR!

• I AM SO GEARED RIGHT NAO!!!! Freaking excited to see all you awesome people again! drnk_gif

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

Any word yet on where in the Expo the TSU booth will be?

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Booth BA3 on the map.We’re in the booklet.

http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/ebooks/londonoct2014/

Page 43.  The map of the grounds are on page 40-41. Were right across from the Steam Punk Exhibition.

• Raptor
      Participant

New thread for this October?

Viewing 31 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.