MCM Expo October ’13: RISE OF THE ROBOTS!

Home Forums Missions MCM Expo October ’13: RISE OF THE ROBOTS!

• This topic is empty.

MCM Expo October ’13: RISE OF THE ROBOTS!

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

It’s with great pleasure that I can announce that Toysoldiersunite.com have managed to secure a dealer table at the MCM Expo in London this October. We received an email in the last hour announcing new tables were being added so we jumped at the opportunity.

So, the table will be paid for shortly and is located in the North Hall (that’s on the right hand side when you enter from the big glass doors at the front). We have no idea of crowd numbers, but it’s safe to say each Expo gets bigger and bigger.

And of course, in the other hall will be our comrades in arms, Danov and Amber Valravn, selling their own wares.

As last time, we’ll have a table with merchandise, propaganda, etc. Sniper and myself will have trader passes so we’ll be there start to finish.

If you’ve got big bulky stuff, try to avoid using the table as a dumping ground. You ought to be prepared to carry your own kit all day. Small bags are fine, just make sure no one is going to trip up over it.

SHENANIGANS!

It’s been a while since we committed any atrocities at the Expo, so Danov Valravn has put boot to arse so to speak and set us up with a little parade/art extravaganza on SATURDAY AT 14.00! This is part of the MCM Fringe Festival where you get to organize stuff outside for others to attend.

What exactly are we doing? First off there’ll be a propaganda speech, not unlike an old style salesman spinning a product to the crowd or a carnival barker. Danov is then doing ‘The Telling’ a twist on Mad Max 3: Beyond the Thunderdome’s storytelling scene.

If you want to join in, DO! Please do! Warm bodies in the crowd to help get people chanting Toy Soldiers Unite! Or stand in front with propaganda to hand out!

Let’s make them remember us!

HOSTEL!

3D Sniper has managed to secure us a lovely wee hostel nearer to the MCM Expo than our usual digs. Hostel Ordnance is smack dab in the middle of Woolwich, next door to the Train and DLR.

Sniper has already sorted out bookings for the main group, however if you’re joining us at the last minute there should still be some space, though you’ll have to book for yourself. It’s only £12 a night!

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

*runs around gleefully*

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Will it fit…Things?

• YES! 

I want to go, any tips on hotels and which airport to pick are welcome :D

• http://www.mcmexpogroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=392&t=16953

Ladies and gentlemen. We need to get our game on! Skits, parades, propaganda, speeches and more! The audience awaits!

Anybody want to contribute to doing something a little more pointed at an audience and organised?

We could even call it Operation Jazz Hands!

• Flight: Booked! 

• @Gonzo said:
      Flight: Booked! 

AWESOME!!!!

Now to book my camper van.

• TS 3Dsniper
      Participant

YES!

It is cheaper, has SEVERAL pool tables in the bar that is downstairs to them (you get a discount at the bar apparently), the bar has pizza as well, and the hostel is indeed cheaper, how much cheaper? not a clue, last time I stayed there I payed between 4,5 and 8 pounds a night.

I will book the hostel midway through September, so sign up deadline is September 14th.

so far I have:
      Friday, Saturday, Sunday:

Raptor
      Iron
      Grimm
      Hamster (andrew hyde)
      Dutch
      sophie
      gonzo
      Silent+1

Thursday
      dutch
      Sophie
      gonzo

I expect hostel costs to be about 25-30 pounds per person for three nights, but it may come out cheaper.

Please reply to this topic and/or send me a PM. 
      Also, fri, sat, sun is the default, but I can add you on thurs as well if you would like.

Last update;02:11CET 26/08/13

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

@Sniper: I arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday morning ;)

• Count me in!

Amsterdam to London Gatwick (North Terminal)

Dep 24 October 2013 21:55
      Arr 24 October 2013 22:10

London Gatwick (North Terminal) to Amsterdam

Dep 28 October 2013 06:10
      Arr 28 October 2013 08:25

• TS 3Dsniper
      Participant
    • Silent Addle
      Participant

Hey Sniper, I’m also Thursday through.

Thanks mate. :D

• Vixy
      Participant

Count me in, I’m coming on the thursday. 

• TS 3Dsniper
      Participant

TS 3Dsniper said

YES!

It is cheaper, has SEVERAL pool tables in the bar that is downstairs to them (you get a discount at the bar apparently), the bar has pizza as well, and the hostel is indeed cheaper, how much cheaper? not a clue, last time I stayed there I payed between 4,5 and 8 pounds a night.

I will book the hostel midway through September, so sign up deadline is September 14th.

so far I have:
      Friday, Saturday, Sunday:

Raptor
      Iron
      Grimm
      Hamster (andrew hyde)
      Dutch
      sophie
      gonzo
      Silent
      Torny_blackfire

Thursday
      dutch
      Sophie
      gonzo
      Silent

I expect hostel costs to be about 25-30 pounds per person for three nights, but it may come out cheaper.

Please reply to this topic and/or send me a PM. 
      Also, fri, sat, sun is the default, but I can add you on thurs as well if you would like.

Last update; 08:42 03/sept/13

Please review the booking info, just in case I missed someone.

• TS 3Dsniper
      Participant
    • Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Attention Soldiers! 3D Sniper has been quietly working in the background, wheeling and dealing, giving the nudge and wink and so forth.

Due to concerns over the selected hostel in west ham, the location and some reviews, he’s managed to secure a hostel with better reviews, and even cheaper price at only £12 per night.

3D Sniper will be going through the list and contacting people individually, however, there’s nothing stopping you from contacting him first.

Heres the hostel: http://www.hostelordnance.com/

• Magnificent! 

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

I will be along as always, though given my rather bulky cosplay this year, I don’t think I’ll be able to help at the table like I did last time. Still, I’ll be sure to drop by for a visit sometime during the weekend.

And if you want to spot me during the con, I’ll be the one in the bulky purple and silver armour with a power sword (And most likely with a group of similarly colourful armoured folk- It’s a 40k Chaos cosplay team, with each of us as a different mark)

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Updates to the first page!

Also, if you want to be part of the Parade/Propaganda Extravaganza at 2pm on Saturday, do say so!

• Sgt. Feegle
      Participant

I should be there on the friday, so hopefully I’ll get to see some of you!

• Corporal Tink
      Participant

I want to parade XD … I will be in my quadsuit but i still wanna XP

• Great! I will see you there soldiers!! x

• Volunteering to spread propaganda during the parade. 

• jog
      Participant

yo we got actual plans! 
      I’ll see what I can do to help, even if it’s just to stand out over the crowd :’) 

• Evelfa
      Participant

I am pretty short of money, what with the move to the Fortress of Nerditude!!!!
      But I’ll still make every attempt to be there

• This has been going around the MCM facebook page but if anyone hasn’t already seen, Transport for London has decided to play around with the taxpayers money and has planned engineering works for the DLR “Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 October, no service between Canning Town and Beckton. Replacement buses operate.” (quoted from the website)

oh and i’m planning on being there on the Sunday for a few hours, monies has restricted my attendance and cosplaying/uniform budgets … #post graduate world problems

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Anyone around in possession car the Thursday? ‘Couse I’m arriving at st. Pancreas onna Thursday and have no clue how to get to the hostel from there.

• have you tried checking it on the transport for london website tfl.gov.uk? The station near the Hostel is called Woolwich Arsenal if I’m not mistaken.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

“This has been going around the MCM facebook page but if anyone hasn’t already seen, Transport for London has decided to play around with the taxpayers money and has planned engineering works for the DLR “Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 October, no service between Canning Town and Beckton. Replacement buses operate.” (quoted from the website)”

well done for letting us know Brass. i for one hd no idea about this before you mentioned it.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

I think I might have…. I’ve seen so many my heads spinning…

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Alrighty folks.

Did you know there is a lovely market right outside of the hostel friday and saturday? No? Well you do now.
      I’ve also been checking with Google maps. The DLR station is less than 5 minutes away.
      It wont take us directly to Custom House, though that’s irrelevant since that section is shut saturday and sunday. But for those at the hostel, we board at Woolwich Arsenal DLR, get off at West Silvertown, and then a 15 minute walk across that suspension bridge to the Excel.

Also, Danov Valravn is heading up a wee parade for the saturday at 14:00. We’ll march through the boulevard to the West Entrance (that’s the area with the grassy spot) with a military cadence. For those who don’t know, that’s along the lines of “I don’t know but I’ve been told, yada yada yada.” Lyrics are currently being adjusted, but since only one person needs to them and the rest just repeat, it’s damned easy.

• Silent Addle
      Participant

Dammit, I spent ten minutes last night looking this up for myself.

*closes map tab solemnly*

• 12 hours until lift-off :D 

• <.< >.>

Why are there still so many video’s and pics missing? 

Viewing 33 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.