MCM Expo London – 23/24/25 October

Home Forums Missions MCM Expo London – 23/24/25 October

• This topic is empty.

MCM Expo London – 23/24/25 October

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

UPDATE 09.23 12/08/2015
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4SUl69RFJ8

We have our table! Donations towards the cost of the table are still appreciated.

The MCM Expo in London tends to be the largest con in Europe. It’s the closest us Europeans get to the San Diego Comic Con.
      Last October we attended we were VERY lucky to have secured ourselves a booth, thanks to our foreign investor. Unfortunately that wont be happening this October, so we’re back down to a single table. This also means space will be an issue, so please, please, please don’t bring big bulky bags and coats to dump behind the table. There IS a cloak room downstairs, so don’t be shy of using that.
      Dates are: 23rd, 24th and 25th of October.
      Tickets are available here

For the past few Expo’s, alongside our official merchandise, we’ve allowed Toy Soldiers to exhibit and sell their own creations. This year will be no different. So if you’ve been busy creating masks, jewelry, and/or musics, send myself an email at [email protected] with what it is you’d like to show off. Space IS limited. I only ask that if anything of yours does sell, you make a little donation to the cost of the table/TSU. How much is entirely up to you.

Accomodation:
      As per usual, our Temporary Bunker will be St. Christophers Village at London Bridge. This has proven to be the best and friendliest hostel for any London based invasion, and they’re quite used to our nonsense. They also do FANTASTIC breakfasts, especially when on the Monday morning, when we’re all knackered and/or hungover and about to head back to our respective outposts, we all sit down together and have a great time.
      If you want to organize your own booking, make sure you get THE VILLAGE and not the Inn.

Brigadier ‘Iron’ Davis has once more volunteered to organize the group booking for the hostel. If you want to share a dorm with other smelly Toy Soldiers, contact him IMMEDIATELY, and please be prompt with any payment required. Cut off date for reserving your place is the 31st of August.

Scavenger Hunt:
      Feedback from the past expo’s has shown we’ve been letting our game slip slightly. So to create some added incentive, I’m rousing myself from my usual languor and organizing a scavenger hunt for the Expo. There’ll be ONE main prize, and three runner up prizes.
      Details to follow.

Photoshoot/Filming:
      I’ve been wanting to do this for frigging ages, so since I’m rousing myself already with the scavenger hunt, I might as well bite off more than I can chew. After one of the days of the Expo, preferably when we have the most toy soldiers in uniform, we’re going to film a clip as part of the Pinecone Broadcast (coming soon). To participate you WILL need to be in your own ever-distinctive Toy Soldier uniform. I will also be requiring two assistants, one for camera, one for sound. Equipment will be provided. Volunteers will be beaten.
      Details to follow.

Possibly Cinema Night?
      St. Christopher’s at The Village has a handy dandy cinema room downstairs we’ve been known to hijack spontaneously. Perhaps you’d all like to do it less spontaneously this time and plan for one of the nights?
      Remember, you have a choice…… SKATE. OR. DIE!

• Sir-Hamster
      Participant

Just a small heads up that cinema room is now a locker room…. (had to use it in May and they gutted it and filled it with lockers)

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

@Sir-Hamster said:
      Just a small heads up that cinema room is now a locker room…. (had to use it in May and they gutted it and filled it with lockers)

Well that sucks hairy dropbears. Now I really wish I still had that pico projector from a few years back.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Next Year!
      I wonder if I can combine MCM 2016 with Witch Hunt X?

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Photoshoot/Filming:
      After one of the days of the Expo, preferably when we have the most toy soldiers in uniform, we’re going to film a clip as part of the Pinecone Broadcast    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TddN_5Y6YT8 So this again

• TS 3Dsniper
      Participant

does this mean I get a chance to tackle Dutch?

oh, sign me up for the hostel for a change. ;)

• Sir-Hamster
      Participant

Sniper, you going to be bringing some chains with you? If so I will put an advanced order for a wrist chain :D

• TS 3Dsniper
      Participant

I most likely shall

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.