LifeStraws for the Philippines

Home Forums Special Operations Divisions SOS LifeStraws for the Philippines

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Evelfa 5 years ago.

LifeStraws for the Philippines

• Raptor
    Participant

Howdy folks, 

I was trawling across the internet as I do and I came across this. 

http://www.ippinka.com/blog/lifestraw-water-purification-project-for-millions/

This is the LifeStraw project. And it is amazing. 

Each LifeStraw can clean 1000 liters of water for a single person. Enough clean water for a single person for up to 2 years. It is quite cheap for the service that it provides. There are other variants for specific parasites, families and communities. 

However, the main reason that I am making this post today is that if you were to purchase this product from EarthEasy, they will send one out to you and another one, completely free with no added shipping costs, to the Philippines in light of the super typhoon that has occurred there. 

There is also a fund raiser on Indiegogo.com by the Rotary International who will match the donation goal and send a shipment of LifeStraws to the Philippines. 

This is an amazing idea and should you buy one from EarthEasy, you will also send one to the Philippines. 

Thank you for your time,

Raptor out. 

• Evelfa
    Participant

This is great!  An actual solution rather than just “give us money to help people, not gonna tell you much about what we’ll do with it though”

Good find

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.