Let’s work together!

Home Forums Art Let’s work together!

• This topic is empty.

Let’s work together!

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

… or: A call to all costume designers and fabric enthusiasts!

Hello there.

I know we have quite a few really interested and talented people in our ranks that work on costumes, designs and – most importantly – uniforms. I figured it was time to gather all of you. To share ideas, fabrics, patterns, everything we come across or work on ourselves. To inspire each other and to help out when help is needed.

I started a board on Pinterest where I will pin fabrics, patterns, designs and my own projects for TSU in the future. If you want to join me, leave me your email address so we can use it together. Or just post in here.

Clicky Clicky

I hope I’ll get some of you to join our little sewing circle, so we can work on uniform ideas, accessories and much more together. Maybe we can even make one or the other item for The Armory.

Salutes,

Lt. Sophie

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

I too have a pinterest, with several boards dedicated to various part of the Army. The main board is the inspirational board I use for uniforms and ideas.

Recently I’ve completed doing up my new tactical vest, so it’s less bulky and more of a cosplay look.

Although I understand there are many steampunks in the Army, it is really more geared towards diesel/cyberpunk and post-apocalyptic, and I think that actually works to our advantage, as we stand out far more when we’re inevitably find ourselves in locations and events where steampunks have the majority in numbers.

• You darned steampunk kids and your fetish for the late Victorian era! Most of you can’t even rattle off a Gilbert and Sullivan patter song correctly. Darned kids! In my day we wore black denim. We had big sweepy flared trouser that made everybody look like they had a fantastic arse! You kids turned your back on a golden age of misery and angst for jokes about tea and gentlemanly conduct. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. RAAAARGH!

Please ignore the above. I may still be running a light fever. Amber expresses her interest. I shall endeavour to get you both in touch.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

Awesome. I shall email her tomorrow morning. Thank you. laugh

• Dashanka Karakova
      Participant

This is so exciting! Im currently working on a dress for a wedding but after its done im make some tsu inspired day wear :)

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

That sounds awesome. :)

I am currently looking into wedding gowns, too, but I will rather go for modding an existing one than sewing the entire thing myself.

• Sgt. Slightly
      Participant

-waves- 

Pick me! I do the costume thing! XD 

Seriously though, I’d be well up for this. 062_gif

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

Sure,I sent you an invite. :D

Btw, I might need your advice on wigs at some point. :P

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.