I.S.T.A.

Home Forums Special Operations Divisions ISTA I.S.T.A.

This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sister Stitches 3 years ago.

I.S.T.A.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

I.S.T.A Special Operations Division
    Infiltrating Small Town America

This group is for those Soldiers who are either new or live in places
    where there are few people nearby to recruit for a Tactical Playtime,
    Mission, or Invasion… In this way we hope to help fellow Soldiers to
    become a more recognized “force” in their communities, or at very
    least, provide this SpecOp Division to keep such Soldiers thriving and
    active within their community. Linking together with PATF, the
    force is seen in charitable works we do in the name of the Toy
    Soldiers. Having propaganda on hand helps raise curiosity… Join
    Today!

We cannot guarantee that you will magically create a large enough
    group to start your own Division, but that is what we will strive to
    achieve.

• Lodemai
    Participant

My mini group placed at least 20 articles of propaganda out and about recently, But I have seen any hits on the map. Kinda sad really. Our area is rather….po-dunk..to say the least. :(

• Nobody
    Participant

I know how you feel… I live in Lynchburg, TN. Very podunk. I hate living here… I’m moving to Nashville pretty soon so it won’t be as bad. I’m meant for living in a city. Not here. Where are you from?

• Sergeant Larks
    Participant

I never had this problem in California. I would talk to people and post prop and see at least a few new hits on the site (I think they were new anyway)

But everyone in Boise seems to be like “lolwtfno”

Quite irritating.

• Lodemai
    Participant

I’m in Payette Idaho…not far from Srgt. Larks. We have a population of under 8000 people.. U think Boise is hard?! lol Yeah, go Listen to Voltaire’s Hate Lives in a Small Town. I’m living it!

• Wulf
    Participant

Try living in a town full of ancient people and druggies. Since i moved to Tehachapi CA last august i swear ive made at 2000 demo cds and handed them out with pamphlets and sadly nothing…..i tend to find them in trash cans later on or on the side of the road….. tis a sad town to live in

• Lodemai
    Participant

That sucks man, I’m sorry. Maybe you should try a different neighborhood??

• Wulf
    Participant

Tehachapi isnt that big lol, plus i am still trying to get ahold of the old bakersfield division since they seem to have dissapeared after the site was redone.

• tinkerist
    Participant

i’ve been wanting to join the toy soldiers for some time. i live in a small town nearish to aspen colorado. i will do what i can.

• Wulf:
    Tehachapi isnt that big lol, plus i am still trying to get ahold of the old bakersfield division since they seem to have dissapeared after the site was redone.

Isn’t Bakersfield now the Fibonacci Division?

tinkerist:
    i

• Zerillis Dagger
    Participant

I currently Live In an extremely small town south of Fort Worth Texas. I havent started placeing propaganda yet, but I fear I will not yeild any results. It was hard enough to get people to even take my propaganda when I lived in Abilene texas and that city is at least 5x the size of this little town.

• Welcome, Zerillis Dagger. Fear not, my Friend. It just takes a little bit of time and effort. More importantly- finding a FUN way to do it. The best thing to do would be to start small. Concentrate on those closer to you. (Family/friends)Take the time to get well acquainted with who we are, and what we are about. At some point, you will be asked to explain yourself more, because you have drawn interest. The more “colorful” your description of TSU is, the more likely they will be to investigate, and perhaps even join. There are also Missions and Operations, found in the toolbar above. There are many activities, and everything you should need is provided. ;)

• Zerillis Dagger
    Participant

I was goeing to start placeing some flyers around town but as my luck would have it a storm rolled into town. Starting first thing tomarrow I will try again. Im going to Concentrate most of my efforts through airsoft by starting a small team where we all where TSU patches as part of our uniform.

• Rav Count Jew
    Participant

Good morning all.  How are things going in your small town?  I live in Southeastern Washington in a quickly growing area called the Tri-Cities and we are awash in steampunk silliness.  We have a nuclear waste plant nearby that I am certain will spawn some sort of horrific zombie jackrabbits.  

• Pvt. Dragoon
    Participant

Living in a small town here myself, I haven’t heard/seen anyone else in the area. Will do what I can, but I’m surrounded by the elderly, hatebred southerners and no fun allowed zombies. The college I go to seems to be a perfect place to recruit from, especially the art department. The place is filled with fandom followers, and there’s always pamphlets laying around the art buildings. Figure I can try to get a few of them interested.

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Go for it, I say.

• Rav Count Jew
    Participant

I like to go to rest areas, and such where the little tourist info brochures are and stick Manifestos, book marks, and such in the racks along with everything else.  Anyone travelling the I-5 corridor in Washington should be happening across some of my handy work.

• Sgt. Pinkerton
    Participant

I study in small “town” – population around 3700, in Denmark – Nexø, It is already placed in small island – Bornholm, I hopefully find someone at least in our art school

• Rav Count Jew
    Participant

@sgt. Pinkerton said:
    I study in small “town” – population around 3700, in Denmark – Nexø, It is already placed in small island – Bornholm, I hopefully find someone at least in our art school

Good luck, if you need any moral support let us know.  Stand tall and proud, your work is appreciated.

• Cpl.Deimos Poe
    Participant

i will try to post more propaganda but while my place is not really a small town nor is it a big city. its sort of in the middle.

• Granny Grunt
    Participant

Hello, I am Melissa in Missouri or Bluemammajoe.  I plan on attending the Cosplacon in Jefferson City the last weekend of June and was hoping that maybe there would be other soldiers attending.  I have my hot glue gun heated up so that I can help build a Utopian Playground!:P

• Insane Nurse Chimo
    Participant

At least you guys arent stuck in colbran, colorado! it’s the most remote town there is! heck there’s still buildings from the 1800’s and a freaking hospital that was built in 1928.. and not many people live here….:?

• Epsilon V. 2.5
    Participant

I live in the small farming town of Pekin Illinois. There’s a Gamestop and Wal-Mart a few miles away, and I’m thinking of placing propaganda in those areas. Right now, I’m trying to recruit friends and family….with little luck so far. Here’s hoping I can get enough for a division eventually!

• Capitaine Moustache
    Participant

I’m french and haven’t even seen a French division… Starting to recruit some people, but I live in an average town on the eastern side, far from Paris.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

There technically is a French division, the guy who runs it is on facebook as Mickey Artworld, but they haven’t asked for a division on TSU, and we haven’t heard anything from anyone in the french division for a two years.

• Capitaine Moustache
    Participant

Okay thanks :) I’ll try to contact him

• Capitaine Moustache
    Participant

I contacted Mickey, a nice guy ! He’s quite occupied and he explained that after the retirement of the Dr. most activity has ceased and the group is less active.

He’s still motivated, but somewhat in a sleep phasis, waiting for activity to come back. I’ll continue on my own, relaying some information to him in order to motivate him from time to time :)

• Rav Count Jew
    Participant

@Epsilon V. 2.5 said:
    I live in the small farming town of Pekin Illinois. There’s a Gamestop and Wal-Mart a few miles away, and I’m thinking of placing propaganda in those areas. Right now, I’m trying to recruit friends and family….with little luck so far. Here’s hoping I can get enough for a division eventually!

Walmart is a great place to start, make use of the community bulletin boards or place prop in the restrooms.  I did that everyday for about 3 months.  Additionally find laundry mats, truck stops, the local feed store, the library, anywhere that you find little flyers about lost dogs, or get rich quick schemes.  Add our stuff to it and wait to see what happens, put your email address on the flyers somewhere.  You will be amazed!

• Scouter715
    Participant

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE my name is Jon I do the podcast “robot attack” where I pick a random division every week and talk about it and I JUST DID YOURS LINK  http://thisistheworldwelivein.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-14T09_47_56-08_00

AND FACEBOOK LINK TO THE PODCAST https://www.facebook.com/RobotAttack712

• Hello!

I’ve been a long time lurker and Dr. Steel fan but never really been part of the community. I’d like to start forming my own little band of Toy Soldiers. I learned today that while I am close to a rather burgeoning tech center in VT, I’m still rather far away from other Soldiers on the map.

My social sphere has declined since I lost contact with my college’s gaming club and so most of my friends are only on facebook. I’d like to change that.

I’d love some tips on how to start getting contacts who might be interested. I’m a bit introverted, so I’m not very good at large public events, but love to be part of small groups of people interested in engineering. I’ve got connections in the vermont gaming community, and some of the local makerspaces.

Is it just a matter of spreading propaganda?

• Sister Stitches
    Participant

Sister Stitches reporting for duty. *Salute*

I was literally recruited just today in fact by my husband aethericAnuran. We live in Butte Montana, which is small but also a tourist spot, which leads me to think there are plenty of opportunities for spreading propaganda in my area which will have a potentially larger reach due to the flux of the human tide. This of course does not limit my activity to tourist season, as I intend to initiate my homespun scheme for glory as soon as I have constructed an appropriate uniform.

Due to the excessive amounts of free time I have available I intend to establish a sewing class which is free to the public and open to all age groups who wish to attend (hopefully someplace like the public library). In doing so I hope to not only present a positive public image of TSU in my area, but to also promote personal creativity in my community through the art of fabric fabrications.

I have a strong feeling that such public outreach projects could have a lot of potential impact, and so I’ma just go for it.

Hope that’s ok.
    Sister Stitches signing out.

• Silent Addle
    Participant

@Sister Stitches said:
    Sister Stitches reporting for duty. *Salute*

Welcome to the Army!

It is good to see a new recruit and I am glad to see how enthusiastic you are.

It sounds like you’ve got some plans in the works and they sound grand, this sewing class is a good idea and if I might suggest further down the line you might use the contacts and resources of the class to work towards a project for the betterment of the disadvantaged in your area? 

Not that I know your long term goals, but just throwing ideas out there.

Anyhow, welcome, please help yourself to a nerf gun and a mind control cookie.

If you need help or assistance please don’t hesitate to ask, either here, FB or in the live chat (there’s usually someone in there, it can just take us a while to respond sometimes).

Otherwise have yourself a great day!

-Silent

• Sister Stitches
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback! I shall adjust my mission plans accordingly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.