Exact matches only
Filter by Custom Post Type

Great British Camp Out

Home Forums Missions Great British Camp Out

• This topic is empty.

Great British Camp Out

• Lillium
      Participant

Due to the Olympics in London this year, many of us have thought it might be a good idea to go camping instead.
      My suggestion is that we all go to Britchcombe Farm in Uffington, White Horse Vale.
      It

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Sounds good, I’m well up for that.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

sign me up.

• Montee
      Participant

YAY, Nice One Lillium.

I took the liberty of pasting your link from the Division thread to the campsite
      http://www.coolcamping.co.uk/campsites/uk/england/cotswolds/oxfordshire/britchcombe-farm

You can actually see the White Horse hill behind the Campsite… cooooool.

I’m in France between 15th and 23rd July so if it is not on those weekends I may be able to do a couple of shuttle trips with my estate car to Oxford Station collecting Soldiers.

• Lillium
      Participant

I was thinking somewhere between the 9th and 14th of July. That’s when Maddy is coming out here.

• Liska
      Participant

And suggestions on how to get to Oxford cheapest from Holland?
      Plane or boat? since i really want to come!

• Lillium
      Participant

I know there’s flights from Amsterdam to Birmingham International and there’s buses and trains from Birmingham International to Oxford which are fairly cheap. Don’t know about flight costs though.

• Lillium
      Participant

Soon as I get a good estimate of how many people can attend, I’ll give the owner a call and get a field reserved. They have a field for large groups and pagan celebrations slightly away from the rest of the campers.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Provided I’m not put on an early security detail for the Olympics, I should be able to make this. Furthest invasion I’ll have done since Leeds.
      Haven’t been camping in years, not since Davefest and the infamous Night of the Screaming Telephone and Bucket of Absinthe. (don’t ask)

Location doesn’t seem all to bad either. Still relatively central for the UK soldiers to get to.

• Raptor
      Participant

I’ll say I’m in for now. I’m not cementing anything till this sick bug has shifted.

• Sign me up for this.

• Liska
      Participant

Well, flights for holland are very expencive..
      But i’ll try to be there whatever the cost!

• Evelfa
      Participant

How many nights do we reckon? It’s not too expensive to get there so I’ll make every effort. Also do people want a weekend or weekdays or what?

• Lillium
      Participant

I can’t do the 7-8th and Monte can’t do the following weekend. I was thinking 2 nights during the week.
      I’m working on a couple kitlists which I’ll be posting soon. One individual and one group.
      If we split the group items between everyone it’s going to be easier.
      I’ll be bringing tea, coffee, sugar, milk, kettle, backpacker stove (with gas), first-aid kit, sunscreen and after sun, as well as a few other items for the group to use.
      If I can sort out a big enough cook pot and steel tripod, I’ll also cook everyone a stew over the fire.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

nu nu nu NOT a weekday, please not a weekday!

• Montee
      Participant

Sun Screen? I’ll bring some Rain Screen.

• Madelchai
      Participant

Looks like a weekday is going to be the best time.

People have 2 months to prepare for that, should be plenty of time.

• Lillium
      Participant

What do people think to the 12th to 14th of July with the option of staying the Saturday night as well if you choose to?

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Problem is a lot of us can only make it down on the weekends.

• Liska
      Participant

My flight ticket will be valid for a week. with the weekend in between.
      i could go any date.

• Dearest Maximilian
      Participant

I’m all over it like aggressive moss.

• Lillium
      Participant

If there are no objections then, 12th to 14th (optional 15th) it is.
      From Swindon there is the X47 bus to Uffington post office and Wantage.
      For Oxford there is the X30 to Wantage.
      I think we should all meet in Wantage and maybe have a drink at a pub and check out the museum before going to the campsite.
      Will anyone be driving?

• Sir Jack of Blades
      Participant

I’ll be attending and seeing as 2012 for me so far has been the busiest year ever I don’t think starting a London 2012 invasion thread now would be a good idea…Considering the Olympics I think going camping is an awesome idea and we’ve been talking about it for AAGGEESSSSSSSSS so lets do it! :D

-Sir Jack of Blades

• Madelchai
      Participant

No objections here!

Make it so.

• Liska
      Participant

oke to make it sure, 12 to 15 july?
      since i need to book flight tickets.
      And don’t want all the fuzz of changing the date.
      since that takes a lot of stress time and money.

• Lillium
      Participant

Date is set 12th to 15th of July.
      I need a role call of who can attend and who might be able to attend so I can reserve our pitch.
      Lillium- attending
      Maddy- attending
      Iron – attending
      Grimm – attending
      Chrysalice – attending
      Liska – attending
      Monte – maybe
      Dearest Maximilian – attending
      Dutch – maybe
      Jack of Blades – attending
      Silent Addle – attending
      Sean the Kraken – attending
      Raptor – attending
      Evelfa – attending
      Jazz – attending
      Virg – attending
      Kipling – attending

• Montee
      Participant

I’m still a maybe on this. Possibly only for one night.

• Silent Addle
      Participant

I would like to attend, if it is still possible.

• Lillium
      Participant

Personal Kitlist

Essentials
      Tent
      Sleeping Bag (2 season)
      Rollmat or airbed
      Torch or lantern + batteries
      Mug, bowl, plate
      Cutlery
      Toiletries
      Wet-wipes
      Toothpaste & toothbrush
      Soap
      Shampoo & conditioner
      Deodorant or anto-persperant
      Towel
      Sunscreen
      Personal medication
      Clothing
      Socks & underwear
      Light, comfortable clothes
      Hiking boots or walking shoes
      Fleece jacket, hat & gloves
      Waterproof Jacket or poncho
      Pyjamas
      Optional
      Picnic rug
      Compact chair
      Flip-flops
      Pillow
      Alcohol
      Uniform
      NERF gun
      Teddy bear

• Raptor
      Participant

It’s all red!

• Kraken
      Participant

Late but signing up nevertheless!

• Evelfa
      Participant

I reckon me and Jazz will probably be able to do this

• Evelfa
      Participant

So, other than traveling, are there any other additional costs? Like pitch costs

• Madelchai
      Participant

Evelfa:
      So, other than traveling, are there any other additional costs? Like pitch costs

Not sure how the site fees are being handled, but bring your own tent, sleeping bag, various essentials, which can be costs if you don’t already have them.

• Lillium
      Participant
    • Evelfa
      Participant

Aw Marcella really does sound lovely.
      I like the idea of cooking group meals, anything food wise you want us to bring so you don’t have to bring it all?
      Or is there a shop in the area we can easily get to to buy it from?

• Silent Addle
      Participant

I second group meals.
      It’d be nice to eat as a group.
      Just let us know what we need to bring. :)

• Lillium
      Participant

If anyone is planning on driving down there is a supermarket in Wantage we can get food from.
      I know a few meals that will be easy to cook and feed an army:
      Beef stew (carrot, onion, beef, gravy stock, dumplings)
      Spinach and Italian sausage pasta (spinach, spiced sausage, tinned tomatoes, herbs, pasta)
      Hotdogs and/or burgers (sausage,cheese, burgers, buns, onions, sauces)
      Chicken cacciatore (chicken, spinach, mozerella, herbs, tinned tomatoes)

any other suggestions?

• Evelfa
      Participant

General spag bol would be cheap and easyto make for everyone

• Virg
      Participant

Shall book the time off tomorrow. :)

• Kipling
      Participant

Oh, have I not chimed in yet? Yeah, I’m totally coming.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

How in the name of all that is fun is alcohol only an optional extra?

• Raptor
      Participant

Because if you fill your bag with booze, then you won’t have room for tents etc.

• Madelchai
      Participant

Raptor:
      Because if you fill your bag with booze, then you won

• Virg
      Participant
    • Madelchai
      Participant

Clearly the solution is to load up Virg like a pack mule.

All problems are now solved.

• Lillium
      Participant

3DSniper just gave me a recipe for lembas bread, so I’ll be experimenting it on all you when we go hiking :P

• Raptor
      Participant

Right, put me down as a maybe. I might have an exam anytime between the 17th of June to the 14th of July. So I’ll let you know when it is.

• Lillium
      Participant

Chrysalice has said she has a spare sleeping bag if anyone needs to borrow one can you please let her know.
      Can anyone bring a gazebo or shelter to cook/sit under if the weather gets bad or people need to shelter out of the sun?
      Also, if everyone can bring something for the meals. We need enough to cater for about 20 and stuff to cook in/on.
      I’m going to try and get a large cook pot and tripod to cook over a fire but we’ll need a grill, a pot for pasta and a stove. I might pick up a couple disposible barbeques as well.

• Silent Addle
      Participant

Bring food? Shall do, anything else needed? (I don’t have access to any portable shelter, unfortunately)

• Lillium
      Participant

Do we have any vegitarians going?

• Currently a maybe for me. I may be able to bring the other half along too, as he lives in Oxford.

• Kraken
      Participant

I’ve called dibs on that tharr sleeping bag and arranged it mit Alice; all’s well there.

• Silent Addle
      Participant

Hey guys,
      So we’re going to need to bring some communal things and I have sought out an item or two.
      I have picked up the following: 1.5, 2 and 3 litre pots, 1 litre kettle and 22 cm frying pan, ladle and spaghetti spoon.

• Madelchai
      Participant

Being as it doesn’t look like I can get one in time, and before I go trying to shove one into my suitcase if I can find one that doesn’t have to be shipped, does anyone have something similar to this that they could bring?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coghlan-s-Camp-Grill/8586945

• so i get paid the morning of the first day…so i may or may not be able too make it. it means paying the full on the day price for tickets.

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

CAAAAAAAAAMPING!

• Madelchai
      Participant

Let’s start making confirmations of attendance and who’s going to bring what.

• Lillium
      Participant

Has anyone got or can get a 2 gallon cook pot?
      All I can find is a 5 gallon pot which maybe be a bit excessive >.< Can some one also bring a large tarp, rope and porch poles so we can make a shelter to hide from sun or rain. This is the kind of shelter we’ll be making.

Also need a grill of some kind that can be put over a fire. If we can’t get the one Maddy posted then an old oven rack that we can perch on bricks or logs could work.

Food and other items can be purchased at Sainsbury’s in Wantage when we meet up.

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

I will be coming, but I don;t think there’s any particular equipment I can bring – however will have a chat with Iron tonight, him being the mister scouty person with access to camping stuff.

• Hey guys just letting you know that there will be some filming for the TS Movie going on during the camping trip. Below there will be a list of people with specific scenes and lines given to them, don

• have a great time everyone cant wait to see the footage. :-D

• Montee
      Participant

Whoooa….

You know when there’s something at the back of your mind, well I kind of overlooked the fact that on the 14th I will actually be in the South of France!!! Very unlikely that you will see me folks which is arse because I am only about 45 minutes away. If you really want to see me then you must run round Wayland’s Smithy backward three times at midnight and lo I shall appear with a wish to grant…

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/montefb/GlobeDocheadAniGif.gif

• Madelchai
      Participant

Apothecary Chrysalice
      Some sort of BLUNT weapon (Iron has volunteered something but there is concern over it getting damaged so if anyone wants to offer up something big and heavy then please do)

If you want I can pick up Raptor by the ankles and just start swinging him at people.

• Raptor
      Participant

Madelchai: If you want I can pick up Raptor by the ankles and just start swinging him at people.

• Raptor
      Participant

I have a nerf sword, Maverick and Recon for nerf guns and weapons.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

sorry but i wont be there to see all the fun and games and filming.

have fun though guys!

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

Count me in too, I’m all up for this! I’ll probably be heading up from London to Oxford and travelling from there, in case anyone is taking a similar route.

I can bring my own Nerf sword too, as well as any number of boffer swords and maces.

By the way, concerning meeting in Wantage, any particular time or place establishd yet?

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Hey Mike, I’ll be travelling from London too and could really do with help lugging some of the gear up *flutters eyelashes* anyone else?

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

Sure thing, it’d be a bit awkard travelling up on my own. I’m assuming it’s the train from Paddington? What time do you think?

YJ Grimm:
      Hey Mike, I

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Guys ill be appearing some time around 9-10ish on Friday my train doesnt get into Oxford until at least 8:15 so god knows how im going to get to the camp site XD

• Madelchai
      Participant

Posting as a reminder to everyone who’s coming what they’re responsible for.

1.) You are responsible for your own gear, tents, sleeping bags, appropriate clothing, etc. If you do not bring, aside from making arrangements with someone who has something to loan ahead of time, you will be doing without. It’s a matter of a few people can’t carry and/or spend money on enough stuff for everyone. Lill has provided a good list of what you can count on needing.

2.)

• Silent Addle
      Participant

What time do people expect to be getting in to Oxford?
      The earliest I can make it for is midday (well, a minute past 12).

• YJ Grimm
      Participant
    • Madelchai
      Participant

Silent Addle:
      What time do people expect to be getting in to Oxford?
      The earliest I can make it for is midday (well, a minute past 12).

Oxford I believe we will be in around 11.

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

YJ Grimm: Yeah, Paddington is right. I was thinking the 11:50 train, advance tickets on that one are just above a tenner.

Then I’ll aim for that one too. Meet up at the station?

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Sounds good matey

• Silent Addle
      Participant

So, two days beforehand and I have two questions.
      Where are we meeting and is anyone going to need my contact details in case of emergency or anything?

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

We’re meeting in Wantage. Maybe it would be good to have mobile numbers for emergencies. Mine is 07941700101.

• Silent Addle
      Participant

If anyone needs me, mine is [removed]

• Montee
      Participant

YIKES!!!!

Hope you guys haven’t been washed away?

Perfect excuse to spend extra hours in Ye Olde Dragon Tavern… *hic*

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

It’s Brolly time in the UK? Aw, such a pitty, hope you guys kept things dry.

• Unnamed
      Participant

I hope you idiots enjoyed my little surprise waiting for you on site. You really thought trying to hide from me would help? Don’t make me laugh.

• Lillium
      Participant

Report has been sent. This is now being moved to completed.

Viewing 83 reply threads

The forum ‘Missions’ is closed to new topics and replies.