Give me a Pen Name

Home Forums Where The Children Play Give me a Pen Name

• This topic is empty.

Give me a Pen Name

• Cadeon
      Participant

So I’m writing a book. Nowhere near done, but I have the story laid out in my mind and I’m consistently making progress on getting said story into a readable by others format. As such, I’ve already begun thinking about the logistics of publishing.

Naturally, I don’t want to go find a publisher. I’ll self-publish and promote online with Amazon and the like. Kindles FTW. Figuring out this process is boring but easy. The problem of a pen name is less boring, and interestingly, more difficult. At least for me.

I don’t want to use my real name because I do expect my book to cause some rather extreme emotion in people (both good and bad) and I don’t want the problem of having fans looking through my windows or haters throwing bombs through the same. Anonymity is fairly paramount to me here. That being the case, it’s weird that I’m posting here (which potentially messes up said anonymity, at least within the Army), but I don’t think I’ll have many problems with soldiers.

So that’s the question. I’m a writer. What’s my name?

• Commander Radar
      Participant

Bernadus Quillax. Just kind of rolls off the tongue.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Ignotus Nomini (means unknown name in Latin)

• Cadeon
      Participant

I rather like that, @dermut

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

Benjamin Finklebottom. That’s all you need to know.

• Commander JET
      Participant
    • Cadeon
      Participant

Commander JET:
      Gizmo.

That’s my cat’s name.

• Cadence Mulrooney

• Cadeon
      Participant

Professor Jimmy Blue:
      Cadence Mulrooney

I also like this one.

• Professor Falconer
      Participant

Cadeon, if there’s one thing I know, it’s that simplicity is often a great benefit to one who wishes to become well-known. With that in mind, I say go with “Cad”. It’s simple, one syllable, and has multiple meanings that people will associate with.

• Mister Snappyglasses

– Well Wishes and Gremlin Thumb Splints,
      Dr. Sheilagh R. Elfinstone

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.