Exact matches only
Filter by Custom Post Type

Foam Dart Bows

Home Forums Special Operations Divisions FDC Foam Dart Bows

• This topic is empty.

Foam Dart Bows

• Commander JET
      Keymaster

So a long time ago I had the scorpion bow by Air Zone and I liked it a lot!
      I want something a bit better now and I can’t decide on which model I am gonna get.
      Does anyone own one and can they recommend a good one?
      Right now I see the Nerf, Big Bad Bow; (launches 35 ft) which looks pretty awesome.
      http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2326472&cagpspn=pla&pla=plat
      The Monkey Business, Foam Strike Bow; (launches 100 ft) also looking pretty sweet and is currently my top choice.
      http://www.amazon.com/Monkey-Business-8338-Strike-Compound/dp/B000YQQ2GG

Any suggestions? :)

• Yahuaa
      Participant

I’ve not heard of such contraptions, but intrigues ^^ My thoughts…. Painted tips and painted sponge foamy sword for full on paint wars.

• Commander JET
      Keymaster
    • clownieX
      Participant

TS Robin Hood uses the Monkey Businessone bow at the wars we go to. Its how he got /earned his nick name. It’s ranged for a child but in the hands of an adult, it will easily got over 100ft. The down side is the arrows. Their sold in 3 packs and are kind of exspencive. Plusses, when a band breaks we haven’t found a way to replace it with a perfect match. Hence buying a new bow instead of a 3 pack of arrows is more cost effective. The Nerf Big Bad Bow (BBB or 3B) dosent have the chops to get up to the distances that the other bow can. Even after extensive modding, the arrows dead range badly. Modding the 3B is best focused on darts. With some basic tools and a short list take to Home depo, you can’t have itshooting about 75ft. Mine gets close to 80, but I use setfan and slug darts (home made amo). If you whant to sling arrows, the Monkey B is the way to go. If not, I can get you to some sights fir the BBB.

• Commander JET
      Keymaster

@clownieX
      said:
      TS Robin Hood uses the Monkey Businessone bow at the wars we go to. Its how he got /earned his nick name. It’s ranged for a child but in the hands of an adult, it will easily got over 100ft. The down side is the arrows. Their sold in 3 packs and are kind of exspencive. Plusses, when a band breaks we haven’t found a way to replace it with a perfect match. Hence buying a new bow instead of a 3 pack of arrows is more cost effective. The Nerf Big Bad Bow (BBB or 3B) dosent have the chops to get up to the distances that the other bow can. Even after extensive modding, the arrows dead range badly. Modding the 3B is best focused on darts. With some basic tools and a short list take to Home depo, you can’t have itshooting about 75ft. Mine gets close to 80, but I use setfan and slug darts (home made amo). If you whant to sling arrows, the Monkey B is the way to go. If not, I can get you to some sights fir the BBB.

ohhh thank you for the tips ClownieX! I think I may go with the Monkey B! I will let you know how I like it when I get it. It’s just for fun. I don’t have anyone around here to have any wars with or anything….yet..Cool

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.