European Camp Out

Home Forums Missions European Camp Out

• This topic is empty.

European Camp Out

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

Good news, everyone!

The European Camp Out organisation is rolling. Gonzo was so kind to look at different campsites in the area around Efteling and we have picked out two favourites so far.

So, here’s the deal: We would take care to book enough spots on a campsite from 23rd to 27th of July 2014. Wednesday will be arrival day, and we’ll have a warm-up BBQ in the evening. But please take care not to drink too much, because Thursday will be EFTELING TIMElaugh

We’ll spend the whole day at Efteling, enough time for fun and shenanigans.

The plans for the rest of the weekend aren’t settled yet, but ideas include BBQ’s, small missions and maybe creating some material for TSU TV. If you have any suggestions, feel free to shout them out as loud as you can!

Once we know how many people we’re gonna be, we can book the camping spots. We will have to book soon, so please don’t take too long with your decision! Deadline will be April 30th

If you want to attend ECO, please post or message me your name(s) and the number of people you’re gonna be in one tent/spot. For the warm-up BBQ, please let me know if you have any allergies, intolerances or special diets. There will be food for vegetarians as well.

Moneys: Right now, the worst case scenario is 40 euros per person for all four nights plus 35 euros for Efteling entrance for one day.

Links:

• Efteling: http://www.efteling.co.uk/

Participating:

• Gonzo
      • Sokamin

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

i stand ready comrade

• TS 3Dsniper
      Participant

I’m in, heck, I’ll (help) organise the thing!

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster
    • Lieutenant JDUK
      Participant

This sounds awesome, I’m highly considering it :D

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Sounds great to me! I really miss the Netherlands already so it would be a great excuse to go back ^_^ Oh oh oh can we go to the Efteling as part of it? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

• If I can afford this I’m totally in.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

We’d try to keep the costs as low as possible. But first of all I wanted to know who’d be interested in general :)

• Zapper
      Participant

I’m in if I can afford it!
      Flying from Denmark shouldn’t be too expensive… I hope.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

Hey peeps,

Time for some (not very good) news. Unfortunately I will not be able to organise the European Camp Out this year. At the moment I am very busy, mostly with personal stuff, and I just can’t find the time and energy to manage this project as well. I am very sorry for everyone of you who was looking forward to it.
      I really hope we can make it next year, since there are only a few things that would make me happier than meeting you lovely people. I hope I will see most of the UK – and some of the other – soldiers in May though.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant
    • Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

@Dermut said:
      Bump?

Pardon?

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

@ltsophie Just trying to generate some new interest in this post.

• Yes, perhaps we should set a date?

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

Best time for it would be summer. But maybe outside the holiday season… We could use Doodle or something similar to set a date. 

• True, but it’d be one big doodle :p

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Nederland?

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Yeah, you may know it as Holland (But that’s like calling the USA the west coast, only part of it) We have a amusement park here dedicated to fairytails that seems to be quite popular (and isn’t Disney related) called the Efteling. It has camping sites on or nearby the site. It’s a central point and quite accessible between the UK, Germany, Belgium, France, Denmark, Norway and Sweden (and Luxenbourg but I don’t think we have any soldiers there as of yet).

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

@Dermut said:
      Yeah, you may know it as Holland (But that’s like calling the USA the west coast, only part of it) We have a amusement park here dedicated to fairytails that seems to be quite popular (and isn’t Disney related) called the Efteling. It has camping sites on or nearby the site. It’s a central point and quite accessible between the UK, Germany, Belgium, France, Denmark, Norway and Sweden (and Luxenbourg but I don’t think we have any soldiers there as of yet).

I’m still convinced we should make a trip to the Efteling during this camp out. Never been there but it sounds so fun. And it’s been ages since I went to an amusement park.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Sophie, I’ve been to the Efteling numerous times, not recently unfortunately, but it’s an AMAZING theme park. I’ve been to Disneyworld Florida, and I still prefer the Efteling.

Originality, creative, genuinely beautiful artwork, ethereal yet powerful music, and original characters. The rides themselves are brilliant, and I’ll never forget my first go on the Python or on Pegasus. The Piranha, the Fata Morgana, The Bob, Het Land van Laf, SprookjesBos, Olle Bolle Guis, and of course, the Jester (who’s name I forget).

If me and the girls ever manage to find time, we’re definitely going there.

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

@Sgt. Dutch said:
      If me and the girls ever manage to find time, we’re definitely going there.

You know, there’s nobody I would love to go there with me more than you :P

Oh and EDIT: Organization of the E.C.O. has been revived, we’re going to make plans for next year. :)

• @Lt. Sophie said:
      Organization of the E.C.O. has been revived, we’re going to make plans for next year. :)

Woop woop! pity it isn’t this year already, but hey at least it’ll still happen :D

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Oh. Blast.  So much for my plans this year.

(oh, and I know where Nederland is; I’ve been considering going to Sint Maarten on holiday. Totally not European, but still Dutch!)

• This sounds like an awesome plan! I’m from the Netherlands, so when this is planned I will most likely be able to join up!

• Sokamin
      Participant

My roommate is right, (Gonzo(just above this post)), this sounds awesome and we will definitely be there.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Woo!

(Suggested Edit to the topic name: Add the year ;)

I’m all for this Efteling plan, mostly because even at the most expensive level of ticket, one day in the park is cheaper than one day at Disneyland here in the States. And it comes with like, deluxe food and discounted souvenirs!!?

So for us uncultured heathens, does the park operate with Anglophones in mind, or will I need to avail myself of a local who speaks the lingua nederlandish?

• You will definitly need a Dutch translator in some parts of the park. Not to worry though, I’m sure there will be more than enough attendees to fit that description (including me)

• Capitaine Moustache
      Participant

Hi there ! It would be a great idea, already planned a trip to netherland by bike this summer, I will discover the land for the next year then !

As far as I know, most people understand when you speak English. I’ve some relatives living in Amsterdam and they say it’s the same for everybody, so in a themed park it shan’t be a problem.

• The Commander
      Participant

This sounds an excellent idea!

I’m in, As long as things go well for me money wise ^_^

Bonus is, My partner lives in the Netherlands, so yay!

• Capitaine Moustache
      Participant

Ha ha, it’s true money could be an issue when you live on an island ;) You can’t simply take your bike !

• The Commander
      Participant

So True, So very very true.

• Bumping this thread with some info I’ve been looking up about the Efteling.

They have their own bungalow arrangements. An 8 person cottage costs about €820,- for a midweek (2 nights) including 3 day park (early) access.

All average prices to about 100-150 euro’s p.p. 

https://www.efteling.com/Solution/ContentPage.aspx?id=GUID-BB3E728DC93A49378E10BC735B808F91&ch=ENG

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Damn thee fate, why do you tempt me so! must save money……must……Efterling!

• Isn’t there a camping ground for tents nearby? Probably would turn out a lot cheaper

• @Tactical Sgt. Iceroyale said:
      Isn’t there a camping ground for tents nearby? Probably would turn out a lot cheaper

Not that I know of, but there is probably a campsite somewhere in the area. As for it being cheaper, if we’d go camping in tents we’d have to buy tickets for the Efteling separately, at €35,- a day. As far as I’ve seen there is no way to buy multiple day tickets without booking a bungalow. As the Efteling is quite large, you’d need more days to fully enjoy everything in the park. Going camping with tents is about €10-€15 a night, plus tickets for the Efteling would add up to be more expensive.

• @LED-Master Gonzo said:
      Not that I know of, but there is probably a campsite somewhere in the area. As for it being cheaper, if we’d go camping in tents we’d have to buy tickets for the Efteling separately, at €35,- a day. As far as I’ve seen there is no way to buy multiple day tickets without booking a bungalow. As the Efteling is quite large, you’d need more days to fully enjoy everything in the park. Going camping with tents is about €10-€15 a night, plus tickets for the Efteling would add up to be more expensive.

Hmm ok, that makes sense

• Well, if we want this to happen, we need to start doing something constructive as in getting a list of attendees and booking the place… Especially while they still have a 15% early bird discount on the prices now… 

We need to know how many people will definitely show up and pick a date, GO!!!

• Most likely I’ll be joining in

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

Good news, everyone!

The European Camp Out organisation is rolling. Gonzo was so kind to look at different campsites in the area around Efteling and we have picked out two favourites so far.

So, here’s the deal: We would take care to book enough spots on a campsite from 23rd to 27th of July 2014. Wednesday will be arrival day, and we’ll have a warm-up BBQ in the evening. But please take care not to drink too much, because Thursday will be EFTELING TIMElaugh

We’ll spend the whole day at Efteling, enough time for fun and shenanigans.

The plans for the rest of the weekend aren’t settled yet, but ideas include BBQ’s, small missions and maybe creating some material for TSU TV. If you have any suggestions, feel free to shout them out as loud as you can!

Once we know how many people we’re gonna be, we can book the camping spots. We will have to book soon, so please don’t take too long with your decision! Deadline will be April 30th. 

If you want to attend ECO, please post or message me your name(s) and the number of people you’re gonna be in one tent/spot. For the warm-up BBQ, please let me know if you have any allergies, intolerances or special diets. There will be food for vegetarians as well.

Moneys: Right now, the worst case scenario is 40 euros per person for all four nights plus 35 euros for Efteling entrance for one day.

Links:

• Efteling: http://www.efteling.co.uk/

• Engineer Airhead
      Keymaster

Will have to see if I can get those days off from work :I

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Blast. I decided on Expo instead, so no campout for me…

• Drahcir
      Participant

I’ll be there if possible.

• Delina
      Participant

If I have money I can come too…

• I have 3 coupons for reduced price tickets. They are €25 a piece, but I need to buy the tickets before the 1st of June. Shout out if you want to go there 10 euro’s cheaper here or in a pm :) 

(I need payment in advance)

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

I’m truely sorry people, but due to lack of interest I’ll have to cancel this. I don’t see myself organising this for four people only.

Don’t be sad, maybe E.C.O. happens some other time. 

Viewing 45 reply threads

The topic ‘European Camp Out’ is closed to new replies.