Dr. Steel Memorabilia

Home Forums General Discussions Dr. Steel Memorabilia

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  KillerCapybara 3 years ago.

Dr. Steel Memorabilia

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

So Dr. Steel has long since left. But even though the man is gone, his content still lingers online. In fact, TSU has a whole website dedicated to preserving his songs, videos, and propaganda (http://www.doctorsteelarchives.com/ for those who aren’t interested). But while his digital media is easy to find and readily available, his physical items aren’t. Dr. Steel sold a lot of his stuff at auction to raise some funds for future projects (which didn’t come to fruition) and have since become scattered. Such items, ranging from puppets, posters, CDs, even his puppet show theatre and an actual buzzsaw baby.

So since they are all scattered around and haven’t been accounted for, I’m currently on a quest to track down as many as possible and make sure they are still in good condition and have a good home. So if any of you guys want to share your TSU/Dr. Steel collectables and memorabilia, I think it’d be a big help and would help to preserve these physical artifacts from the musician who helped bring this all together. Pictures are encouraged! Thanks guys!

• Someone was selling a bunch of old Steel Era items on ebay a while back.
    I think most of the items ended up being bought by Toy Soldiers. 

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

I remember the ebay auction and some people I’ve talked to have mentioned it. Unfortunately, I can’t find the thread of the things that were sold, nor the original ebay auctions. So I don’t know exactly what was sold and who to, so I can’t quite get in contact with them. I was hoping to get the attention of people who had anything. All I can really do is wait and see.

• I know the ebay seller had a tactical suit, buzzsaw baby blueprints (slightly damaged), Dr. Steel’s plastic toy trumpet (I believe Voltor acquired this item) and I think they also sold an uniform shirt.

Also JediMom is selling this thing, I’m unsure if it’s still available http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/general-discussions/for-sale-dr-steel-rocketman-puppet/

• Cap'n C. Worthy
    Participant

Gonzo, you’re forgetting that eBay auction also included the TNT prop from the Holiday Special episode. I remember it, however, as I had a bit of extra money at the time and snatched it up. I see it as an important historical piece and will make sure it is kept in great condition (or else the ship may get blown to smithereens! kiss)

• That’s awesome Cappy!!

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

@Cap’n C. Worthy said:
    Gonzo, you’re forgetting that eBay auction also included the TNT prop from the Holiday Special episode. I remember it, however, as I had a bit of extra money at the time and snatched it up. I see it as an important historical piece and will make sure it is kept in great condition (or else the ship may get blown to smithereens! kiss)

See, now that’s what I’m talking about! I didn’t even know that that got sold! And it looks to be in beautiful condition! Great job! kiss

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

@Orbital Sciences Director Gonzo said:
    I know the ebay seller had a tactical suit, buzzsaw baby blueprints (slightly damaged), Dr. Steel’s plastic toy trumpet (I believe Voltor acquired this item) and I think they also sold an uniform shirt.

Also JediMom is selling this thing, I’m unsure if it’s still available http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/general-discussions/for-sale-dr-steel-rocketman-puppet/

That’s quite helpful, thanks! I actually purchased the Rocket man puppet from Jedimom. It git a bit dinged up in the mail, but it’s still in one piece. I was really hoping to try and fiND out what happened to some of the other puppets. Two were sold here a couple years ago, but I haven’t seen any others aside from the ones mentioned here.

I would love to get some pictures of some of those buzzsaw baby blueprints. I have only seen maybe one through the way back machine. 

Thanks For The info!

• Col. Canker Canison
    Participant

I have one of the security jackets.

• I normally keep Buzzsaw Baby Blueprint #11/50 up on the wall near my bed, but I took it down so I could get some better lighting for the photo.  Unfortunately, I’m still getting some reflective glare from the frame. confused

I apologize for the poor photo quality.  My digital camera isn’t very good and I have yet to upgrade to a smart phone.

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

@Special Agent VeeVee said:
    I normally keep Buzzsaw Baby Blueprint #11/50 up on the wall near my bed, but I took it down so I could get some better lighting for the photo.  Unfortunately, I’m still getting some reflective glare from the frame. confused

I apologize for the poor photo quality.  My digital camera isn’t very good and I have yet to upgrade to a smart phone.

Wow! I was hoping to see a Buzzsaw Baby Blueprint eventually! I don’t mind the photo quality at all! It still looks great! Did you get it during the original auction or did you pick it up from someone else? Just curious. But great job keeping it in great shape! I hope the other 49 are doing as well as yours.

• I got it when they originally went up for sale. It’s been framed and in my room ever since. :)

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

@Special Agent VeeVee said:
    I got it when they originally went up for sale. It’s been framed and in my room ever since. :)

Looks to be in great condition! Can I ask about how much they went for, just out of curiosity. I don’t have much info about the original auction, just a few pages on the Wayback Machine.

• I’m not positive, but I think it was at least $30.00.  It’s been awhile.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

From what I remember of the Auctions, about 90% of the stuff that was going what bought by TS_Wookie. I havent seen him around in quite a while, I think he left shortly after the Doc. But I remember he did get a lot of the puppets from the Childhood don’t a-go-go video.

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

@Brigadier Davis said:
    From what I remember of the Auctions, about 90% of the stuff that was going what bought by TS_Wookie. I havent seen him around in quite a while, I think he left shortly after the Doc. But I remember he did get a lot of the puppets from the Childhood don’t a-go-go video.

90%, huh? That’s a lot of stuff. He must have a treasure trove of Dr. Steel memorabilia if he bought that much. That probably explains why I haven’t seen any puppets around aside from one or two over the years. That’s sad that he’s not around, I’d love to get in contact with him and ask about his collection. Thanks for the info!

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

I was looking in the Wayback Machine a bit earlier at some of the auctions that happened At TSU several years back, and I found the Buzzsaw Baby auction where some of the people who’ve posted here have won their blueprints. And during that auction, Dr. Steel auctioned off a Buzzsaw Baby prototype and the original concept art. Both went for high prices it seems, but I can’t find any info about who won or what ever happened to them. So I wanted to ask if anyone knows anything, out of curiosity?

Here’s the Buzzsaw Baby page on the Wayback Machine; https://web.archive.org/web/20100402234304/http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11290

And here’s the one for the concept art; https://web.archive.org/web/20100329115331/http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11284

It’s really hard to track down this stuff, so I appreciate everyone who’s written in and posted their pictures. It’s been really cool to see everything and know that it’s found a good home! And if anyone has any info or leads to tracking down more of these rare items, feel free to post! Thank you for your participation! 

• here is the belt buckel of Dr Steel that i own

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

@Sgt. Carnage Jacksin said:
    @killercapybara  I have an old “Dr Steel’s Army Of Toy Soldiers” belt buckle, I took pictures, but I do not know how to post them onto here :'(

here are the URLs

front    C:UsersswitchboardAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsTemporary Internet FilesContent.IE5K875252DIMG_20151006_123301.jpg

back     C:UsersswitchboardAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsTemporary Internet FilesContent.IE5IYYORLV9IMG_20151006_123310.jpg

Hey there Sergeant. You’ve actually tried linking straight from your hard drive which doesn’t work. Here’s a post on how to post images: Posting Images (or how I learned to love the bomb)

• @Sgt. Dutch thank you so much, btw, i got my Feild Kit from you (and the website) yesterday

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

@Sgt. Carnage Jacksin said:
    here is the belt buckel of Dr Steel that i own

I didn’t even know he had belt buckles made. Looks really cool, though! May I ask where you got it from? Every time I think I’ve got an idea of all the memorabilia, something new pops up. Thanks for the post! kiss

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

I do believe Toy Soldier Charlene had these made. Or someone on the east coast. These are definitely TS made from well back in the past.

• @Sgt. Dutch said:
    I do believe Toy Soldier Charlene had these made. Or someone on the east coast. These are definitely TS made from well back in the past.

I honestly have no idea where I got it, I try to remember but I just can not seem to remeber, though I always did find it odd that there was nothing on the back, no manufacturer, not even a “Made In China. It was always like a little personal mystery that I could never solve. I asked my mother if she remembers where I got it and she has no recollection of where I got it ( which was odd because she always remebered what I bought, so she could tell me it was a stupid buy). so I think I might have literally just found it, maybe someone was throwing it away and I saw something shiny while walking past a trashcan or something (goodness do I hope that was not the case, I hope some toy soldier did not just up ad quit!) 

• Commander JET
    Participant

It’s from Charlene. I have one too! :)

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

Yep Charlene, from the West Coast USA got a bunch of them made special and sent them off to Witch Hunt in Boston (so we were all reppin’ em there). I think that was the Witch Hunt that JET came to, even.

I still wear mine, normally with my Kilt. That truly is a rarity!

• Anonymous

I have Dr. Steel’s trumpet, as previously mentioned, as well as some other things from the old days.  Whenever I find Dr. Steel related stuff that I am interested in, I either buy it or bid on it.  I am always pleased when Dr. Steel stuff gets purchased by Toy Soldiers.  We need to work together to preserve the legacy. wink

• jedimom
    Participant

I used to own quite a bit of Doc merchandise. Unfortunately, over the years I have had to sell just about all of it. All I have left are my uniform, medal and trophy.

You can see what I used to own in my Photobucketalbum:

http://s203.photobucket.com/user/jedimomg/Steelseum/story

I called it The Steelseum

• Nice collection, it’s unfortunate you had to get rid of most of the stuff. That trophy looks epic though.

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

I’m curious about that Transmitter puppet in your photos, Jedimom. I have not seen it before. Was it from another auction?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.