Do you 40K?

Home Forums Special Operations Divisions GAME Do you 40K?

• This topic is empty.

Do you 40K?

• Luis The Wolf
      Participant

Just for those people who enjoy tabletop gaiming. a place to post pic’s, comments, videos, battle reports, and to discuss strategy. Constructive criticism only please. I don’t want to start a war here.

• Luis The Wolf
      Participant

allow me to atart. I run a Tyranid army, swarm style, with some success.
      Also I am building a Toy Soldier chapter of space marines. I hope to name them all, and i’m looking for volunteers for various positions. It would make a battle report so much funnier. This person single handedly took out a titan, and that person got eaten by a grot. Please let me know what you think.
      Color scheme will be Chaos Black for most armor, Blood Red shoulder pad trim, Bad Moons Yellow for the shoulder pads, and Aged Leather for the soft equipment. I am also seeing if i can print out super small toy soldier patches for the shoulder guard. As a bonus I will consider personal heraldry for the other shoulder pad upon request from volunteers. I will keep you all updated on there status.

• Marcus Kuzco
      Participant

I am to confirm, I play most of the GW games…..
      For 40K I have mainly Imperial Guard, Space Marines and Ork armies.
      I like to personalize my troops too, as you said it makes it more fun.
      That is also why I liked playing Necromunda (black clothes and yellow jackets, coincidence, I think not :-P ), as your characters can evolve after each game.
      So might this mean an invasion at Games Day?

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Luis The Wolf:
      allow me to atart. I run a Tyranid army, swarm style, with some success.
      Also I am building a Toy Soldier chapter of space marines. I hope to name them all, and i

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Marcus Kuzco:
      I am to confirm, I play most of the GW games

• Luis The Wolf
      Participant

Marcus Kuzco:
      I am to confirm, I play most of the GW games

• Commander Radar
      Participant

Tau army. Black and dark angles green paint scheme led my ‘O Tiol’sa, whom I created myself. Named every troop I own, which isn’t bad for around 3000 points. My tactics include the tactic of jet packs and staying away from enemies while I laugh and shoot them with ridiculously powerful weapons. Tends to work most of the time, despite my terrible luck with a dice (you’d be surprised how may ones and twos I can roll, on the plus side, my army does tend to have very good morale…)

• Raptor
      Participant

I have a 2000+ point Guard army, with Creed and Chenknov (SO MANY ORDERS and SO MANY CONSCRIPTS). It’s fun to play.

However, my colour scheme is Mechalite Red with Bleached Bone for the everyday Guardsmen, but Mechalite Red and Fortress/Codex Grey (can’t remember which) for the fatigues of squad commanders and HQ choices. I like this army. And I only have the 1 Leman Russ. Which proves interesting.

• Luis The Wolf
      Participant

Just an update on the TSU chapter space marines. I now have 20 torso’s with legs (no arms heads or pack yet) which will be 15 tactical marines and 5 assault marines soon. as for a list of named modles I dug up the old list and added to it. Here it is. By the way if you do volunteer you have a better chance of being fielded picking a tactical squad spot. (P=possible)
      Librarian-Noah the Red
      (P)Chapter Champion-Grand Admiral Straitsilver
      1st squad Veteran Sergeant-Zolgar
      Sergeant-Gunner Jack M. E Raptor
      Scout Sergeant Telion/Veteran Sergeant-Luis The Wolf
      Let me know if you wish to join.
      edit- reason for the slow progress is i’m magnetising alot.

• Luis The Wolf
      Participant

Just a heads up. Miniwargaming.com is having a 25% off sale with free shipping in north america. I really like and support these guys.

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant

Not 40k, but there’s a Space marine in there. :-P

I’m still painting most of them. The tiny green-thing (night goblin) is nearly done, just a wash, some drybrushing, and basing left. Weeee!

• Luis The Wolf
      Participant

Very cool Tinker. Very cool. Post some batreps when you get them in to battle.
      As for me, got a couple marines magnetized and still working on Zolgars squad. I got a cowboy hat for his model, just need to put it on as it were. Pic’s when i can find my camera.

• Luis The Wolf
      Participant

Update. I’ve got 10 tactical marines and a rhino built, primed, and being painted. More to follow.
      Would post a pic but i can’t seem to figure out how. It’s up on my profile.

• TheBlacksmith
      Participant

Im big into post apocalyptic skirmish stuff. Mad Max and Fallout inspired stuff. It gives plenty of elbow room for creativity, but finding someone else whos into it is near impossible. All my 40k stuff has been hacked up and converted or will be soon. dammit i feel out of place :-?

• Zolgar

I’m poking at 40K because Luis and my girlfriend both play, but at present I lack the funding to spend much.

Intended army to start is Space Wolves, then Orks. Maybe Necron eventually.

• Luis The Wolf
      Participant

Gaming table is being built. Had a minor set back. Apparantly the guys I work with at Lowes don’t know how to use that new fangled device called a tape measure. All the 2×4’s were off by about 1/4 inch. most short. Soon to be fixed.
      Happiness and gaming for all!

• Osiris Bane
      Participant

I don’t buy GW stuff anymore (no need to start any arguments, eh?) But I have 2000 points of Space Marines and almost 2000 points of Skaven. Started playing… I think more than 10 years ago, right around 3rd edition’s release. I still really like the games, and have been eyeing Mantic’s “Veer-myn” to use as a count-as Orks army.

Lately I’ve been playing a lot of Warmachine, and have 25 points of Cryx and 26 points of Cygnar.

Incidentally I must not have been looking too hard as I missed the existence of this division. :P

• Luis The Wolf
      Participant

Arn’t the skaven the only army that can shoot into close combat? At least thats what I remember of them from years ago.

• Osiris Bane
      Participant

Indeed they can. Sure, they might hit their own unit, but who cares? Life is cheap…. in fact, “Life is cheap” is the name of the rule. :P

• Luis The Wolf
      Participant

I think tyranids should be able to do that. And maby orks, maby.

• Zolgar

Orks have utter disgregard for eachother, and will often shoot eachother intentionally just for fun.. so yeah, Orks should be able to fire in to melee. >.>

• Sergeant Larks
      Participant

I don’t see ‘Nids using this rule, as the Hive Mind would simply move any units in the line of fire out, making for some quite unfair assaults.

Orks, however… Now dem’s some Krazy Boyz! Dem Boyz is sure to smash a fella in da ‘ead, who care’s ’bout shootin’ ‘im?!

WAAAGGHH!!!!

• Zolgar

Because sometimes you can reach them as quick as you like, and you can’t let the other boyz get all the killing in. ‘sides, orks like shooting as they charge in to a fight because it’s loud, and they know which direction the hurty bits go…

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

• Commander Radar
      Participant

Just finished writing my first 40k campaign. :)

Viewing 24 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.