- This topic is empty.
Disneyland Invasion 2014: Insert Clever Title Here (Saturday March 1, 2014)
Hello fellow soldiers, nurses, scouts, engineers, and defenders of the Utopian Playland!
As we move closer to the end of 2013, we are only 6 months away from the eighth Disneyland Invasion! There have been some questions regarding next year’s event and as the reappointed leader I am here to answer any and every inquiry!
Typically in the past the Disneyland invasion was held on the Saturday closest to March 4th. Since the 4th falls on a Tuesday it was a decision to host the event during the weekend with the most affordable accommodations. After some research it is decided that next year’s invasion will be held on Saturday March 1st! Here are some more details:
When: Saturday, March 1st, 2014
Where: Disneyland Resort, Anaheim Calif.
Meet-ups are as follows:
10:00am: The Toy Soldier Breakfast Club! There will be a special Disney Trivia game with some awesome prizes!
RSVP HERE: https://www.facebook.com/events/153661464843217/
(RSVP is MANDATORY for the breakfast meet-up. If your name isn’t on the list, you will not be seated with the rest of the Toy Soldiers, no exceptions.)
12:00pm: Meetup in Downtown Disney (specific location to be determined)
NOTE: For those unable to enter Disneyland, you’re more than welcome to spend the day enjoying Downtown Disney, which has all sorts of shops, restaurants, and entertainment that lasts through the entire day!
From here, the Toy Soldier Disneyland Invasion officially begins!
2:00pm: Sleeping Beauty Castle meet up/Group Photo! In the (near) center of all of Disneyland we will gather for a very special group photo.
3:00pm: Toy Soldiers of the Caribbean!
(About this time, it may be wise to pick up the Fast Pass for Star Tours II: The Adventure Continues and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters)
7:00pm: Toy Soldiers in the Utopian Tomorrow! We start at Star Tours II: The Adventure Continues and see which Toy Soldier is the Rebel Spy! Afterward, we’ll trek over to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, where the highest-scoring Space Ranger gets bragging rights for the year! Then to relax, we’ll kick up our heels and enjoy a showing of Captain EO!
10:00pm: The Great Train Invasion! Join us at Main Street Station as we embark on an around-the-park tour of Disneyland to cap off our invasion. Just remember, don’t yell at the dinosaurs!
1) Cast Member Salute: See if you can get a cast member to give the Toy Solider salute in a photo. Bonus points if it’s a character!
2) The Rebel Spy: Are you the one that the Empire is trying to find? Join us for the Toy Soldier invasion of Star Tours II and if you’re selected, you can receive a free souvenir to commemorate your devotion to the Republic! (Sith need not apply)
3) Pin Trading: Interested in a fun contest involving Disney’s addictive pin trading? Meet up with Professor Falconer in Downtown Disney during the 12:00pm meet-up with $5 and learn more!
Stay tuned for updates on these activities!
Point of Contact:
Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/207053192808060/
Official Toy Soldier Rules and Regulations for the Disneyland Invasion
– The Disneyland Invasion is our day to have fun with good friends; consider it a day off from spreading propaganda. As such, no propagandizing is allowed on Disney property, including but not limited to the parks, Downtown Disney, the Disneyland resorts, and the parking lots. However, if a curious guest or cast member asks you about your uniform, feel free to tell them who and what we are!
– All uniforms must be family-friendly, with no revealing clothing or any lewd or profane writing or images depicted. This is Disneyland, show some respect. Anyone caught disobeying this rule will be asked to leave by the invasion hosts. No exceptions.
NOTE: As we learned last year, do not have any patches on your uniforms that make you seem like an official of some sort, such as “security”. Those can cause confusion and you may be ejected from the park by cast members.
-If it’s illegal outside the park, it’s illegal inside the park.
-Please be courteous to fellow park guests and do not behave in a disruptive manner. Showing enthusiasm and having a good time is highly encouraged, but remember not to get in the way of the good time everyone else is having too!
-Do not, under ANY circumstances, gaze into the eyes of Mara in Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye
@Corporal YJ Watts said:
1. I ALWAYS look her in the eyes. I have to assert my dominance.
2. You know Gen and I will be there.
3. Good to see you’ll be there. :D
Haha! So do I!
Ahhh, Good memories. The first time I went on that ride, my aunt was so scared of falling out that she held on to the stranger sitting in between us!! Then we went on again cause I wanted her to actually see what happens. I hope I can go this year!
Toy Soldier Sandman aka DJ SandmanParticipant
I wish I could make this but it turns out on the financial end for me it isn’t possible.
If I had the foresight about this I would have flown down. But nonetheless this will be remedied next year as by then I will be a Southern California resident! Then the likelihood of me being there for the invasion will have definitely increased! For this year I’ll be there in spirit.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.