Desktop Toy Soldiers

Home Forums Art Desktop Toy Soldiers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Tinker the YJ 5 years ago.

Desktop Toy Soldiers

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Ages ago, I made a desktop Doctor Steel based on David Landis’ Desktop Gremlins (love those things).

Whelp, new site, new paper toys/prop/stuff/thingers/etc. Wo0t! Here is the first of three (for now) desktop doohickeys.

Desktop Toy Soldier: CLICK ME!!!

As with the Cubees, this needs no glue, just a pair of scissors. This can be printed on normal paper or cardstock. Use cardstock if you want a stiffer model. They can also be printed in black & white if you don’t have access to a colour printer. The PDF should resize to fit A4 stock without any issues for those of you on the other side of the pond.

Even cooler, these can be printed and simply handed out for the user, er, recipient to cut out. All the instructions for construction are on the page.

More coming soon. Weee!

• Acqua
    Participant

Yey! How original :)

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
    Participant

I made one of these today and put it together. And while it was cool and all, it wasn’t quite what I thought it would be.

For one thing, it’s far smaller than it appears to be in the photograph. I was hoping for something I could put on a counter in a store and put prop in, a sort of “take me” setup. But this was entirely too small for that.

That being said, I believe I could modify it somewhat, with your permission, and retool it for that purpose. Would you mind if I took a stab at a slight redesign of the basic concept?

• Tinker the YJ
    Participant

Absolutely my friend!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.