D&D on skype

Home Forums Special Operations Divisions GAME D&D on skype

• This topic is empty.

D&D on skype

• B34R
      Participant

lookin for some people to play with over skype if possible.Im new so would need a DM to start off with.I already have a character lv 1 for 3.5 which is the version im looking to play.

• *bump* i still have my v4.0 player sheets its a level 7ish dragon

• B34R
      Participant

Id be willing to play any version of the game really would just need help reworking my character cause like i said im new to the game

• Andrew_M
      Participant

I’d be up for trying to DM a game over skype. Skype name is Artiamus, feel free to add me.

The only difficulty would be setting up what times to be on.

• B34R
      Participant

Added and we can work things out just since you said you might be able to DM this will go ALOT more smoother lol

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Just installed skype (yeah I know, I’m a bit slow) and like to join if the times of play aren’t to wrong for me.
      I’m familiar with all d&d games.. except 4th, but I’ll probably pick it up quickly, just say when and I’ll be on.

one thing though, I have the knack of being dominant in a game when not playing a schemer, but just say when it starts getting annoying and I’ll try to contain myself.

• B34R
      Participant

Ok ya thats not a problem just add me on skype when you get a chance my name is Olympian_hero just say your from tsu when you add me

• Skype info on my profile.

• B34R
      Participant

so once andrew msgs me we can start a game :D

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

That’s good news, just hoping he gets back to you soon.

• B34R
      Participant

dosnt seem andrew is msging me back for what ever reason so i hope he is ok but any one have any idea for a DM?

• B34R
      Participant

so just puttin it back out there.i still want to play………

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Still “game”.

• B34R
      Participant

So this is just another call to see if anyone wants to DM a game. If you DM we will work around your time. I also have a site that makes it easy to make 3.5 character in less than 10min and also a site to use so we know who rolls what.

• Nuvasuper TS#40315
      Participant

I could probably DM, I’d need to re install Skype, but I already have a fair number of 3.5 books.  Any idea how often you’d like to play, and what manner of adventures you have in mind?

• i suggest we look into an online table top hoster. ive seen sites before that lets you play d&d on an online table where the dm can make grid maps players can chat and everything else we will need. more googleing is needed.

• Jade Valor
      Participant

hey im game for 3.0/3.5  i have skype but shoujuni (my laptop) she isent fast enough to run skype…now if i can get Koreiami (my server) runing or any other PC im working on i might be able to run skype with more than 3 FPS :D

i have over 30 characters made for 3.0/3.5 mabey more, i also have and entire Continent mapped out and endless papers of random self made maps, a few Villains, 5 goddesses and odd creatures including an Electropine! also my hobby is translating Races and weapons from shows and other games to D&D. curently working on Halo’s races, its been a bit slow because when i starteted translating the Flood my GM saw and started drooling (his mission as a GM is to kill off the party….with any way possible! or causing the party to kill themselves and each other…)

i attempted to DM a few times and have an entire world created..but i need to get more experience..i focus too much on story and not enough on on things like random encounters (its where creatures like giant earth worms get spawned..)

[End Message]

• B34R
      Participant

@Nuvasuper TS#40315 said:
      I could probably DM, I’d need to re install Skype, but I already have a fair number of 3.5 books.  Any idea how often you’d like to play, and what manner of adventures you have in mind?

If you can DM we can play any time and any adventures lol as long as we can play but add me on skype olympian_hero just tell me who you are and such when you add me.

• B34R
      Participant

@Captain Mayo said:
      i suggest we look into an online table top hoster. ive seen sites before that lets you play d&d on an online table where the dm can make grid maps players can chat and everything else we will need. more googleing is needed.

we can use roll20 if we want to use a online grid.unless you have a site with pre made storys.

• kchawaii1
      Participant

im up for a D&D game skype name is kcaseyhawaii1 and i have a set of dice here somewhere

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Ill just leave this lying around here…

• Pvt. Dragoon
      Participant

I’d be game. I’m in a number of campaigns on Skype, 2 Fallout campaigns, dark heresy, a fantasy homebrew, a zombie homebrew, and a Sci-fi homebrew. Never done a DnD campaign using the actual ruleset, but I would be interested I suppose. Skype is Dragoonofdeath. If I may, I’d like to sit in and see if the campaign is something I’d want to join or not.

• Raptor
      Participant

In reference to needing a online table top

http://roll20.net/

This allows you to give yourself an icon on the map, add and subtract health, mana and other things. Different icons on your icon give you posioned, sleep etc etc. And it comes with a dice roller as well as an im system and/or built in VOIP

http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php 

this site gives you the ability to create any character sheet from nearly all of the most popular systems around, ranging from DnD to Call of Cthulhu to Star Wars to almost anything. 

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I put in broken link by accident. 

• Chaplain Gumdrop
      Participant

Always down for games, Pathfinder is my preferred system.

• Speaking of Pathfinder, a good online resource for anyone playing a Pathfinder campaign is http://www.d20pfsrd.com

Most of Paizo’s material (as well as some 3rd-party publisher stuff) is available there.  My friends and I always have at least one laptop on hand with that website when we meet at my house to play.

• Scouter715
      Participant

Im up for dnd but i dont have a charicter nor know how to make one

• Nurse Gemenon
      Participant

I’m up for a game. Never done it via Skype. Actually- never done anything via Skype. Um…yeah- I’ll have to buy one of them camera thingies I suppose.

Anyhow…. I do miss playing D&D :)

Let’s roll!

Viewing 26 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.