Dashing and Stupendeous Team of Evapourated Aqua Master...

Home Forums Special Interest Divisions Dashing and Stupendeous Team of Evapourated Aqua Masters

• This topic is empty.

Dashing and Stupendeous Team of Evapourated Aqua Masters

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

D.S.T.E.A.M. (Dashing and Stupendous Evaporated Aqua Masters) is an eclectic group of scientists, inventors, engineers, tinkerers, artists and fine Sirs and Madams who have preferred to neglect the more “modern” power sources. We are those who have opted to use the power of steam! Romanticizing both the ideals and aesthetic of the “Steam Age” we shall use the near limitless power of steam and our geared creations to build the Utopian Playland!

[ in collaboration with the CREATIVE Special Branch ]

Please share with us your projects in the project thread, and your inspirations and ideas in the rest of the threads. I hope everyone enjoys their time in DSTEAM, and we all look forward to rebuilding this world into a Utopian Playland.

• Haldo fellow Steam Masters! :D I am happy to annouce I am creating my first steampunk outfit for festivities. As a member of the Sac Steampunk Society and the League of Proper Villians I am more than happy to find my fellow Toy Soldiers in the same world ^_^

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Random Link of the Day:
      USS Shenandoah

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Music Update!!

It appears that Abney Park and Professor Elemental will be playing the Florida Steampunk Exposition in Orlando on 14 April. Anyone from the Red Tide interested in attending? Anyone from outside the area planning on traveling to attend?

• Batty
      Participant

Hallo!
      I’m Batty, been involved in “Steampunk” for awhile now (2006 online). I mostly like the literature, but I dabble in outfits as well. ;) If you’re in the Southern California area, you’ve probably seen me at Steampunk/Victoriana events with the tubing in my hair. Heh.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Welcome one and all!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

It’s coming time soon for another dreaded semi-annual report! I fear that I have been letting the boilers languish these past few months, and that I have nothing to report to our great leader.

Will any Toy Soldiers be attending the upcoming SteamCon in Seattle, or the Steamstock in Northern California? How about the Steampunk Cruise? Or the Queen Mary invasion?

Have any soldiers created anything particularly interesting in preparation for these events, or just for using around the flat or the shop?

And Are They Fireproof?

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Up and coming conventions (post ’em if you’ve got ’em)

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Entirely randomly, I found that Doctor Steel has been lumped in with the rest of chap-hop (plus others)… in a selection of “Victrola-Core”

http://kingpinchic.com/2011/05/18/victrolacore-satirical-music-for-the-sartorical-gentleman/

I know what I’m listening to for a while!

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Hi there DSTEAM members. On request from Reverend Geoff Nicholson, the division leader, DSTEAM has been reclassified as a Special Interest Division rather than a Special Operations Division.

This makes no real difference as DSTEAM is still the de facto division for Steampunks all over the world. However, it does mean rather than a whole forum, DSTEAM is now a singular thread here in the Special Interest Divisions forum.

Thank you for your attention, please proceed with building steam, and I hope to see your airships pass the next schedule safety and maintenance inspection (by which we walk around and kick the tyres. Why do you have tyres on your airship, again? Oh right, to make’em go faster).

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Thanks for the update Dutch!

Chime in if you folks have any steampunk conventions which you think we ought to try out, or any new costuming tips too!

• Anonymous

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/14009477177/ Finished this guitar strap and had a lot of fun doing it. Thinking about doing this on a commission basis, custom order type thing. Not sure how many people would be interested, seeing as how I’d have to charge between $80 and $100 for one. I used the Planet Waves Embossed Leather strap ($39.99) as my base and added various pieces of hardware including chandelier chain, brass key tag blanks, vintage Master locks, and decorative and real skeleton keys. If I were to make these, each one would be unique and would not necessarily feature these accents. Also, the embossed leather strap is one of the more expensive straps…plain leather straps would be cheaper, so people would have to be willing to pay more for embossed straps. Thoughts?

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

People will always buy what is unique and beautiful, so If you feel that the embossed straps are a better option, go for them Voltor. Im sure if nothing else you might be able to sell some to Abney park!

• Anonymous

After much advertising, I’m running into the same problem as before…no interest.frownHopefully, I can find a buyer for my next project, as it will be for sale once complete: a 1935 Philco tombstone radio converted into a 20W keyboard/guitar amp.  As far as straps go, yeah, anyone who might have a spare $80-$100 laying around (free shipping, BTW) can let me know if they want one.  There’s other straps that are cheaper that I would not be afraid to use as a base. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/planet-waves-blasted-leather-guitar-strap and http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/perris-2-1-2-suede-leather-guitar-strap or even http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/perris-2-leather-guitar-strap-with-natural-backing for example…

The cheaper the strap, the lower the price…for example, I could ask $60 for a strap that cost me $16.00 with minimal hardware on it.  By minimal, I mean four lengths of chain and an accessory or two of my choosing from the various odds and ends in my parts bins.  Again, I’ll pay the shipping for anyone interested.mrgreen

• glomscient
      Participant

Is anyone else planning on going to the Strasburg railroad steampunk event? I am going with my uncle (who is  inventor of sorts). 

• burnswelder
      Participant

hello all im burns I am a welder blacksmith and steampunk in md

I am also a steam freak I’ve worked on boilers in plants has well has giving time to the steam historical society my goal is to make a steam power house and ironworks  has well has educate the younger generation of steampunks on steam tech I also have a group on facebook functional steampunk if you want to check it out      

• Anonymous

DUUUDE! That’s awesome! :D

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Stoking the boiler here.

Any new Air Kracken sightings? Any new clockwork and steampowered wonderments to relate? Anything Cool going down?

• Anonymous

@Hobnobener-Martial Geoff said:
      Stoking the boiler here.

Any new Air Kracken sightings? Any new clockwork and steampowered wonderments to relate? Anything Cool going down?

Turning my Jeep Wrangler into a Propagandamobile…very expensive, doing it piece by piece.  Will have pics when Phase I is complete.

• Anonymous

Updated my Synthutron, actually…it is now an analog workstation… https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/23908914313/in/dateposted-public/

• Anonymous
    • Anonymous

I made a non-functional but awesome looking steampunk weapon out of spare parts I had laying around…

http://voltor07.deviantart.com/art/Subsonic-Disruption-Cannon-622133554

Viewing 21 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.