CyberPunk 2077

Home Forums Where The Children Play Entertainment CyberPunk 2077

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Lt. Sophie 2 years ago.

CyberPunk 2077

• Has anyone seen the new game CD Project Red is working on call Cyberpunk 2077? I saw the reveal trailer today and looking forward to finding out more. I am also very pleased with how they announced the release date. EA could learn a thing or to about how to release a FINISHED game from CDPR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

There’s a release date? Best I can find is between 2017 and 2021 which you’ve got to admit isn’t so much a release date as much as a very, very, very wide release window.

• Silent Addle
    Participant

Only thing I’ve seen lately is some vague announcement about having three times as many people working on 2077 than they had on Witcher 3, so I would also be interested in knowing if there’s a release date.

My biggest concern for the game is the trailer shown above, they label it as a teaser but it’s essentially a hype trailer put together long before they take any ideas for the game to a computer, the trailer shot around the internet like wildfire and then not a word for years.

I fear the game may never live up to the hype that the teaser gave us, but I am hopefully optimistic, as a developer CDPR have proven themselves but then 3DRealms had proven themselves in the 90’s and we all know what happened with Duke Nukem Forever.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

It’s become also a lot harder to dig up anything cyberpunk related without everything defaulting to that trailer and imagery.

And honestly, it’s got some pretty stiff competition to go up against in the form of the Deus Ex franchise, which by the time 2077 comes out could spit out another new game.

• Silent Addle
    Participant

See, I think it has competition, but depending how they tackle it they could carve out a solid corner of the market.

Admittedly I haven’t played Mankind Divided, but I hear that the hacking element of the game is rally weak, now saying Human Revolution was good, but it was passable at least, then the gameplay seems rather short, I mean I know HR I felt like I ran into the end mission just as I felt the game was starting to get up to speed and I hear MD isn’t too different in duration, if we know anything of CDPR they’re ones for world building.

Time shall tell, like I say I am hopeful.

• At the end of this trailer it says “Release Date: When its ready” or something along those lines. And unlike most other developers who are spitting out unfinished and unPolished (see what I did there) games left and right, CDPR is doing it right.

And every game has competition, but that usually isn’t a big problem. Example, take a look at this video about 5 of the worst games ever made, and yet people still bought them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiK_pO5Tp8I

• Lt. Sophie
    Keymaster

@Sgt. Dutch said:

And honestly, it’s got some pretty stiff competition to go up against in the form of the Deus Ex franchise, which by the time 2077 comes out could spit out another new game.  

Don’t worry Dutch, they’ll know how to ruin the franchise. :P

• Lt. Sophie
    Keymaster

To be honest, I have my faith in the studio, but I will not have any expectations whatsoever for this. They’re under a lot of pressure since the Witcher games were such a huge success, especially with the third part and expansion lately. You have to wonder how a (relatively) small studio that throws out titles like this handles it.

I hope they’ll do well. And I sure hope the game is gonna be as good as the trailer promises. I want more Cyberpunk out there.

• I have ceased to have expectations on any video games, especially those made by major developers. If I hear about a game that sounds cool, I go watch a couple trailers, google the release date and just let it sit in the back of my mind till a few weeks after release and read some reviews. So hopefully this game will be good, and it sounds like they are really trying their best to put out a good product. But only time will tell.

• Lt. Sophie
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.