Currency Exchange

Home Forums Where The Children Play Currency Exchange

• This topic is empty.

Currency Exchange

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Soldiers of the world! I’m looking to see if I can get your money!  (No- wait, it’s not like that!)

I’d like to get my mitts on coins with unique shapes or are decorated with animals!  I’m looking to get about $1.00 to $2.50 USD worth of coins from each country if possible!

So how would it work? Let me know the value of what you can send me and I can paypal that amount to you plus shipping!

I’d like to get one coin of each shape or animal! Unless it has kangaroos or dragons on them, then I might want more. ;)

Just let me know what country and value you can send and I’ll respond when I have it available! (This may take a little while. wink)

• Scouter715
      Participant

I would do this but sending you american currency would be boring unless you are looking for coins that are sent out as special editions or what ever.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

@Scouter715 said:
      sending you american currency …

I guess I should have mentioned that I am in America.mrgreen

Not all of our currency is lacking; we DO have the states’ series of quarters, some of which people in other countries might be interested in. (Though beyond that yea- ours is boring. ;p )

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

You’re gonna have fun with the Euros then, as each country has its own version. laugh

I can see about sending you a German coin or two. Gotta look at the exchange rates. 

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

@Lt. Sophie said:
      You’re gonna have fun with the Euros then, as each country has its own version. laugh

I can see about sending you a German coin or two. Gotta look at the exchange rates. 

That’d be great; thanks! smile

I know there’ll be different Euros but I figure most of them will just be standard rounds and few with animals on them. :)

My biggest expectations are with any soldiers in China, Japan, and Australia. Those three I know tend to have animals or oddly shaped coins. smile

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster

Well basically, they all look the same, at least on one side. On the other side, you’d find animals, structures or other things that are symbolic or iconic for that country. So, for every country you’d have a unique euro coin, but then again it’s not so much of a big deal (at least to us). Coins get around a lot, I don’t know how many times I had Spanish, Greek or other coins in my hand.

And of course they look rather boring compared to the currencies of other countries. Although maybe I could even find some old German coins for you, from before the EU…

• SLIII
      Participant

I’m living in Ireland so most of the Euro coins feature a harp, but I have a small collection of coins.

So far I’ve only found old Francs and Deutschmarks. The Deutschmark hasn’t been used in Germany for more than 10 years but they do feature a bird

Old German Coins

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.