Concept/invention idea

Home Forums General Discussions Concept/invention idea

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Engineer Airhead 5 years ago.

Concept/invention idea

• Cpl.Deimos Poe
    Participant

my fellow toy soldiers i have been having brain blasts because of a video from Grant Thompson(aka The King of Random) on Youtube. In the video tha this post is based off of, he creates a machine that turns water into fuel(and the results are quite explosive!), my idea orginally was to try and re work a standard internal combustion engine to work solely off of this wonderful gas! alas, after months of research and many trips to my notebooks with schematics galore, i was unable to get an idea out that has both plausible and safe. that is until i saw a video from another Youtuber called Nighthawkinlight with his video about a Vacuum cannon, in which using a homemade vacuum pump he was able to turn a piece of pvc pipe that he had put 2 burst disks on either end and had put a slightly smaller end cap in as the projectile, into a rather powerful cannon, after watching both video a few times i believe i have found my solution, using a series of metal pipes(because of the heat produced by the reactions) with metal pistons in side the gas is put into on side while the other side is left empty, and with a electric source present that creates an arc of electricity that comes into contact with the piston igniting the gas propelling the piston forward pushing out the air on the other side which in turn will(hopefully) turn a gear assembly/alternator setup and into the other pipes completing a cycle and maintaining the flow of air into the gear assembly to hopefully propel the vehicle forward. now because the device that generates the gas uses water to create it, i believe one of the most plausible vehicles for this engine would be a submarine, there could be a holding tank on the inside of the boat that draw water from the ballast tanks for a reserve. i am tinkering with ideas on how to adapt the machine to also supply air to the submarine as well.  any thoughts or ideas to help improve the concept would be greatly appreciated.

• techiefIve
    Participant

If the gas you’re talking about is an airborne, then a standard internal combustion engine should be able to run on it just fine. You’d need to adjust the fuel injectors to spray in a pre-determined and measured burst of said gas. The enging would need enough gas to create an explosion powerful enough to keep the pistons moving, but not so powerful as to push a piston back around. Why try to create a whole new engine mechanic when internal combustion has already been so refined over years of use and development?

• Cpl.Deimos Poe
    Participant

to help reduce the overall weight of the engine without compromising its effenciency. 

• Sgt. Mustache
    Participant

You may want to look into the hydrogen peroxide powered submarines the Germans were making right at the end of WW2.
    They supposedly were able to run submerged for long periods, and the excess oxygen produced in the process of using the peroxide was sufficient for breathing…IIRC.

• Cpl.Deimos Poe
    Participant

yeah i did look at those but i was unable to find any working models/replicas of the engines to see a bit of how they operate

• Engineer Airhead
    Keymaster

Interesting. Might be usefull for the self sufficient state if working. But take note there is also H2 and O2 fueled fuel cell cars wich are electrical, thus energy conversion is more efficient then combustion engines using the same fuel. so the conversion should be efficient enough..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.