Filter by Custom Post Type

Captain’s paper ship

Home Forums Missions Captain’s paper ship

• This topic is empty.

Captain’s paper ship

• Capitaine Moustache
      Participant

Hello soldiers!

I’ve recently had a crazy idea, and I need your help to achieve it! I want to travel around my town (Strasbourg, France) using only a paper boat :)

The aim would be to do something fun, something memorable, to use my imagination by creating something quite unexpected and funny :)

I need your idea for the ship design and my costume, but also to realize this project as it is a bit challenging.

I think I’ll use cardboard to make a structure rigid enough to support my weight (75kg ~= 165 lb) while giving the ship the shape of an origami paper ship, but with the middle part half truncated to have a seat :)

I’ll eventually craft a steampunk pirate costume, and I think about a eyepath with the TSU logo, which will also be on a flag held up in the air.

During the travel (2-3km, about 1.5 miles), I think I’ll either sing or challenge tourist, speaking to them about anything that may come to mind. I’ll end up boarding a houseboat transformed in a bar, where I spend most of my free time :)

Waiting for you thoughs, idea, advices or anything that this project make you think about !

___

Ideas:

• rigid structure w/ e.g. metal rods (as the link shared by Gonzo)
      • waterproof cardboard, using either spray or plastic cover
    • Capitaine Moustache
      Participant

Impressive :) At least I know I’m not the only one to get that idea :p

But I’ll also need to row so it won’t be exactly the same thing, but thanks for the idea!

• Commander Radar
      Participant

I love how wonderfully insane this project is. I wish you the best of luck.

• Capitaine Moustache
      Participant

Ha ha, yes I think it is one of the craziest idea I have ever though doable :) Thanks for the support Commander !

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Missions’ is closed to new topics and replies.