Califur 2012 (June 1-3, Irvine, CA)

Home Forums Missions Califur 2012 (June 1-3, Irvine, CA)

• This topic is empty.

Califur 2012 (June 1-3, Irvine, CA)

• YJ Cae
      Participant

Hello hello! For the past few years, I have been going to the popular California furry convention of Califur! It’s a very fun con, held at the Irvine Marriott. Every year, we take part in the fursuit parade, the charity auction, and many other events at the con! Please see the convention website for ticket purchasing information: http://www.califur.com/2012/

This year, the theme is “Roaring 20’s” (ba dum tish), and I was hoping to put a slight dieselpunk twist on it (Diesel tends to range from WWI- WWII). I’ll be making an outfit to wear over my fursuit that will include my patches. Though it isn’t required, uniforms would be preferred to show that we have numbers (there is strength in numbers, especially when trying to spread a message).

So what do we need? WE NEED PROP! Someone suggested making custom ARK propaganda. It would be nice, but it isn’t required. If you are attending, please try your best to bring some prop. Whether it’s the TSU Manifesto, or a few bookmarks or business cards to hand out, PLEASE BRING IT! The more the better, and if we have too much, then there’s always more to use for next time. I’m also planning on making more signs. I made some last year that were thrown away by a certain someone before we were able to use them…

As for lodging, the easiest thing is to book a room at the Marriott, but there are several other hotels in the area within walking distance. If you need to share a room due to lack of funds, please converse with others below.

For the Fur Affinity planning page, please go here: http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/3212121/

Attendees
      1) Cae aka Kesha Carami (invasion coordinator)

• Batty
      Participant

Not 100% sure I can attend, I think I’m working that weekend…BUT! I’d be willing to make up some sort of ARK-prop…How do we feel about furry Steel Nurses? XD

• YJ Cae
      Participant

Batty:
      Not 100% sure I can attend, I think I

• Batty
      Participant

That’s what I meant too. :D I just figured something with more images than just logo might be nice. :3

• YJ Cae
      Participant
Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.