Author Posts

03/04/2012 at 23:28

Please post any bug reports in this thread rather than starting a new one.
For clarification, a bug on the site, is something that isn’t loading right, missing images, sound or video, wrong page loading, or a page loading with an error.

To help us track and fix it as fast as possible, please don’t post ‘That page is broke’, but give as much detail as possible.

Note: The majority of bugs aren’t bugs, but are in fact caused by using Internet Explorer. Increase your web saviness by using FireFox, Chrome, or any of the other decent web browsers out there. The only thing you should be using Internet Explorer for, is to download FireFox or Chrome.

Repeated for clarification: DETAILS!

This means page url, screenshot, copy & paste error text, and/or which browser and operating system you are using.

09/04/2012 at 22:15

reply bug has been fixed thanks to Cadeon. Thanks!

26/04/2012 at 07:35

Not sure if this has been mentioned already:

I just completed a paypal purchase for some patches and when I clicked the link to return here to TSU, it redirected to the new.toysoldiersunite.com site. Essentially I got sent to the old new site instead of the new old site.

26/04/2012 at 10:39

Thanks for that Marley. I’ve updated it now and it should redirect back to good old http://www.toysoldiersunite.com

30/05/2012 at 17:42

Trackback Links in Email Notifications do not take you to the post in the trackback.

i.e. The following link (lifted from the reply notification).

http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/topic/mcm-may-2012-london-uk/#post-9245
does not take you to the post in question, it takes you to the first page of the topic.

30/05/2012 at 18:52

That’s…. very odd. Duly noted and will investigate.

01/06/2012 at 07:46

In the FAQ, it shows a smiley instead of 8.)

01/06/2012 at 10:09

DUTCH SMASH SMILEY!

05/06/2012 at 02:50

the dr steel vids and audios are not working “Error: Required parameter “filename” is missing!”

14/06/2012 at 20:42

I encountered an issue when attempting to send mail to a Soldier’s inbox. Here is the returned mail from my AOL inbox:

The original message was received at Wed, 13 Jun 2012 17:01:27 -0400
from mtaomg-ma01.r1000.mx.aol.com [172.29.41.8]

*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its
delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
labeled: ”

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors

“.

The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
labeled: ”

Transcript of Session Follows

“.

The line beginning with “< <<" describes the specific reason your e-mail could
not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which is a
general translation for other e-mail servers.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to the e-mail
administrator or Postmaster at that destination.

–AOL Postmaster

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors

(reason: 451 Temporary local problem – please try later)

Transcript of session follows

… while talking to http://www.toysoldiersunite.com.:
>>> DATA
< << 451 Temporary local problem - please try later
… Deferred: 451 Temporary local problem –
please try later
< << 503-All RCPT commands were rejected with this error:
< << 503-Temporary local problem - please try later
< << 503 Valid RCPT command must precede DATA
Message could not be delivered for 3 hours
Message will be deleted from queue

14/06/2012 at 20:54

Did you try replying from your own email account, or from within toysoldiersunite.com ?
Replying to a notification of a PM from within your own email account doesn’t work. You have to log into TSU and reply from there.

If it’s from within TSU, could you PM me the soldier you were trying to contact? I’ll try and figure out what went wrong.

17/06/2012 at 03:31

I posted a video from youtube in the forum games but it wont show, but there is no delete feature in the edit post feature. How do I delete it?

17/06/2012 at 03:37

Professor Jimmy Blue:
I posted a video from youtube in the forum games but it wont show, but there is no delete feature in the edit post feature.How do I delete it?

I will delete the post for you. not sure why you are not able but will get to the bottom of it.

09/07/2012 at 14:09

I just tried searching for Commander JET’s Spontaneous Contest, to post a reminder of it on FB while I run my SUMMER of FUN Contest Series, and saw this, even after refreshing the page twice:

09/07/2012 at 14:59

I’ll have a look into this tonight. Thanks for bringing it up.