Anyone Out There?

Home Forums General Discussions Anyone Out There?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sgt. E.A. “Pepper” Dolby 9 months ago.

Anyone Out There?

• Ghastly Doodle
    Participant

Taking a look into the history of this website, things seem to be slowing down as of recently…

It’s quite a feat to keep a group such as this operational for so long.

I’d like to try and help keep this place alive!^^

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Yeah, a lot of the activity has moved to Discord and Facebook, tbh….

• Pvt. Six
    Participant

@Ghastly Doodle said:
    Taking a look into the history of this website, things seem to be slowing down as of recently…

It’s quite a feat to keep a group such as this operational for so long.

I’d like to try and help keep this place alive!^^  

I wouldn’t mind the forums coming to life again. I’m an old-head who spent many teen years on message boards and such. 

• Lt. Sophie
    Keymaster

We’re still out here… Occasionally. I gotta admit, I would enjoy everybody popping in here more often. But as Dermut said, most activity is elsewhere. Discord is so much more convenient for chatting.

• badwolf
    Participant

I’m finally back, after a while away from online access. House is undergoing a renovation, which means no floor, no electricity, workmen going in and out, and very little chance to relax. I’ve been with friends, living in bunk rooms and generally operating in the field instead of back at the Ghoul’s Lair…so this is the first time in a while that I’m had the chance to scratch some marks on the wall. I is less than thrilled with this, but at least I’m not living in a box in an alley somewhere. hae18

• I logged back in today and have been catching up with the news. 

As a group with a long history that has undergone several hard knocks I am amazed TSU is still around at all and will generally lend a hand when writing is needed. So we are still up to stuff, though not on the scale of the “old days” (most of which I missed). 

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Danov is right. As a group TSU has had a lot of ups and downs. But regardless off all of that, we are still here. The TSU chat has always been very active but recently after it transferred over to Discord and has become the main hub of activity. The site is still here, and I should pay more attention to it than I do and I intend to moving forwards.

The site is still the best method of organizing large scale events though, and a good way of sharing ideas, propaganda concepts and projects you are working on.  

• Howard Mob
    Participant

Expand we must, or die we will

we don’t appeal to the public, and we are to closed and inside, we need to open up and put ourselves out there, we need…. Advertisement

Seriously though I joined just in time to see the group go into one of those “downs” as you seem to call them. I hope that I can see one of those “ups”

• Lucanaii
    Participant

I’d say that forums are a dead concept, and were in many communities I’ve been part of. Social media do what forums used to do and I don’t think it’s a bad thing. Adapting is a normal form of evolution. I think it’s awesome that we have a Discord server and it’s live and people actively chat there AND we still have forums if we need some more persistent information shared (like toymas).

• Nessie
    Participant

I browse here now and again but not as much as id like….:(

• I’m still very much here!! :D

I admit, I kinda prefer the forums to the discord. (Partially because I never think to check Discord, partially because everything happens so quickly. It’s harder to give well-thought out responses or *shivers* introduce yourself. I joined the Discord at one point, but I’m pretty sure I got kicked for never being online. I’m just bad at big fast-paced communities like that.)

Granted, I’m not one of the veteran soldiers, and I’m not on as often as I should be (such is the life of a student), but I’m still here, slowly figuring things out! I have to agree with Howard Mob and Lucanaii, it seems like expanding to mainstream social media and putting ourselves OUT there might put a little bit of pep back into our step, but the forums are so… fun? They hold true to where we came from, I’d hate to see them go. 

But uh, rambling. Tl;dr: I’m here, I’m enjoying the community, and I’m also eager to participate in things and keep this wonderful place going! :]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.