Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Filter by Custom Post Type

Alpha Trooper Modding (Toys uPrise Inside)

Home Forums Special Operations Divisions FDC Alpha Trooper Modding (Toys uPrise Inside)

• This topic is empty.

Alpha Trooper Modding (Toys uPrise Inside)

• PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS GUIDE TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THIS NEW GUN BEFORE STARTING, EVEN THOUGH IT IS AN EASY MODDING PROJECT, THERE ARE HIDDEN DANGERS.

This Mod Guide will cover:

*AR Removal
      *E-Tape O-ring Mod
      *Reinforce the Plunger (TO AVOID COMMON BREAKAGE ,WHICH OFTEN HAPPENS WITH THE RECON & RAIDER)

Tools & Materials

-Small Phillip’s screwdriver
      -Drill and 1/4″ bit (long bit)
      -Long mechanic’s grab tool
      -Electrical tape
      -3/4″ Bump pads

Test Firing- Using Streamline darts
      Before Mods-
      RANGE = PTG* – 25-30ft
      AFG* – 40-54ft

After Mods-
      RANGE = PTG – 30-35ft
      AFG – 50-65ft

*PTG (Parallel to ground)
      *AFG (Angled 30 degrees from ground)

PART I DISASSEMBLY

On initial inspection, it seems that the Alpha Trooper is a hybrid of the Recon and the Raider. Let’s open it up, and see what awaits us inside, shall we?

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Yes- it DOES seem to have the characteristics of both. It is a reverse plunger model with a slamfire foregrip. The internals have been improved on, with a slightly larger plunger body, and a more powerful spring.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Start by removing the 23 screws from the shell of the gun. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE SCREW LOCATIONS, AND SEPARATE THEM IF NEEDED. THERE ARE THREE DIFFERENT SIZES IN THIS GUN.

Remove the spring and the trigger lock.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Remove the screw holding in the “Jam Door Guide” that wraps around the Plunger Tube.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

The Plunger Tube/Bolt Sled can now be carefully pulled out, by worming it from under the Dart Mouth.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Once the plunger tube has been removed, we will start the mod. Remove the steel connecting arm from the Bolt Sled, and set aside. Now we remove the Air Restrictor from the plunger tube. If you choose to remove the pin from the Bolt Sled, be careful NOT to misshape the Sled. This was my ISSUE, resulting in a gun that will not fully turnip, and will drop the clip.
      There are three ways to accomplish this:
      1. Soak the Tube in hot (NOT boiling) water for a minute or two, and remove the halves of the Tube. Remove AR, and use epoxy to join them back together. Thank you, SGNerf for this technique!
      2. Use a long (1/4″) drill bit to drill out the AR. I used this method.
      3. Use a pipe cutter to cut the forward part of the tube, and remove AR. Use epoxy to rejoin halves. ( Not Recommended- If you cut the wrong part, the Tube will not join quite properly… Do at your OWN risk! )

Now, that we have removed the ARs, we will improve the seal of the Plunger. This is done by wrapping Electrical Tape around the Plunger end, under the O-ring. One wrap should suffice. Trim off the excess tape from the mouth of the tube, and replace the O-ring on the Plunger Tube.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Next, use a Bump Pad (Self-adhesive) to protect the Plunger Tube from shock. This I accomplished by using a long mechanic’s grab tool, to lower the adhesive side into The wider Plunger Tube. Caution- if the pad is too thick, you will have issues trying to cock the weapon.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

PART II REASSEMBLY

Reassemble the Plunger parts, checking for fit. You are wanting a tight seal here, but NOT so tight as to create resistance on the Plunger. Adjust as needed…

Replace the Connecting Arm onto the Bolt Sled, and feed it back under the Dart Mouth. Replace the Bolt Sled, being careful to align the Plunger Wings into the slots, as well as the Bolt Sled. Any misalignment here will result in the above issue.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

STOCK FIRING RESULTS (No Mods)

[Image Can Not Be Found]

AFTER MODS

[Image Can Not Be Found]

I hope you will have as much FUN modding this beast as I did.

~FUN & Cupcakes!!
      Funnery Sergeant X-51

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.