Filter by Custom Post Type

*** All aboard HMS Belfast! (25th aug 2012) ***

Home Forums Missions *** All aboard HMS Belfast! (25th aug 2012) ***

• This topic is empty.

*** All aboard HMS Belfast! (25th aug 2012) ***

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Greetings Soldiers!

Who fancies joining me in invading ( boarding? ) HMS Belfast in London this August? around global invasion day. maybe saturday the 25th august? this way we miss all the crowds for the jubilee and olympics and not too close to october expo. so people should have the time and money to attend.

if 10 people attend we can get in much cheaper as a group and save some coin. thought a meet up in camden, travel to the ship together, have some fun, hand out a bit of prop, brainwash a few strangers, take some cool pics with big guns, even learn abit on the side. then maybe a little tour of the capital? go to forbidden plant and then to cyber candy. then back to camden for drink, food and medals! also might do a competition with a prize again just for giggles.

simple. just like me.

once ten people are confirmed coming i can contact the IWM website and book us as a group. this means we get a set time to turn up and take part in the tour and see the ship.

the price for adults at the group rate is

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Oh I’ve been wanting to do this for aaaaaaaaaaaaages! Ever since seeing the photos from the 97th’s invasion of Battlecove.

Unfortunately, you’ve picked a date when I’ll most likely be guarding the Olympic Games. Who knows though, I might have a day off if I’m lucky.

• Evelfa
      Participant

Me and Jazz confirm!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

still guarding the olympic stadia in august? now thats commitment dutchy my boy. although in london, you cant be too careful. someone would make it off with big ben if it wasnt glued to the building.

glad you can make it evelfa/jazz, ill add to the rooster.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

could move it to the 18th august actually. miss the olympics completely. thought they would be over by the 11th, my mistake.

• Lieutenant JDUK
      Participant

Count me in Morglum my good man

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

I might be able to swing by for this!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

excellent stuff Lt Duck!

hope you can make it Mike, didnt see you at expo this year which was a shame.

• YJ Grimm
      Participant
    • Evelfa
      Participant

I know this is supposed to be around global invasion day, but it might be easier to get people to come (like dutch) if its later in august

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

so if i change the date to the 25th august will everyone be okay with that?

• Evelfa
      Participant

Sounds good to me ^_^

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

25th sounds alright. College might have started (still not sure of the exact date), but at least it’s still on a weekend.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

very well….i shall change the date to…THE 25TH AUGUST! ( thunder and lighting crash )

• Smook
      Participant

Ahh this is the same day as the nerfwar in Hyde Park… either this will be the most awesome day ever or a complete clash of things to do haha. Tentatively coming.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

After the fun and games on board HMS Belfast, how about we conga line our way to covent garden and visit cyber candy? then onto tottenham court road to have a butchers inside forbidden planet?

….then to camden for beer and medals?

• Evelfa
      Participant
    • Pvt Morglum
      Participant

medals in this case means more beer.

• Montee
      Participant

Montee has bookings Friday, Saturday and Sunday so no sailing for him, but perhaps Camden for a tankard of grog.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

thats a shame montee, hope to see you at the inn at the end of the day for a pint or six.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

As much as I would love to I wont be coming fellows, ill be living the high life in Espana that week. Ill raise a pint to You and the success of the invasion when im out there.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Things are looking likely for me, though I can’t confirm just yet.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

smashing news dutch my boy

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

less then two weeks till we hop on board the big boat belfast! wow, where has the time gone? can i have a quick show of hands from all the soldiers that are defiantly attending the fun and games please. if we get 10 we get in cheaper tis all hehe

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant
    • Lieutenant JDUK
      Participant
    • Brigadier Davis
      Participant

I Hate you all!

Have fun!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

ooooooooooooooooooookays!

for everyone that is attending please join me at the worlds end pub in camden around 11am on the day. we will all have a beer and wait for stragglers then around high noon go off to the big floaty metal thingy.

areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

• We want Pics!! Did you all have fun?

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

invasion complete

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

PICS! WE DEMANDS THEM! AWESOME PICS!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

on facebook

• moved to Completed

• CBM
      Participant

Mission Report :
      After meeting in the Worlds End pub in Camden at 11am 25th August for a glass of pop each, soldiers Pvt Morglum, Mike McNanner, CBM & Dearest Maximilian GF Sharp headed to the days main destination – a big metal floaty boaty called HMS Belfast.

On our way we were stopped by a police officer who wanted to check we weren’t going to do anything ‘silly’, which considering one of us was a bearded, pigtailed, kilted little bloke seemed like an odd question, but he must have a different understanding of the word. Either way, he was immediately given prop by Max & we continued on our merry trek, finding JDUK.

Once on the Belfast, we were fascinated by all the rivets, intrigued by the smells, terrified by the creepy mannequins, unsettled by the amount of asbestos everywhere & those of us in dresses/skirts/kilts were embarrassed by having to climb lots of ladders.

We explored the lower levels then resurfaced for a photo claiming the vessel as ours & a sit down. Suddenly we heard a voice from the shore calling us & even with Mikes telescope we couldn’t see who it was. Turned out it was Smook! Better late than never but she didn’t have to bring rain with her, silly girl. We headed back inside the boat to the Walrus Cafe for tea, hoping the rain would stop. It didn’t so we had no choice but to carry on to the upper levels, braving the storm. Seriously, there was lightning & everything!

There was more ‘ooh look at that’, ‘that is ****ing creepy’ & ‘I want that in my house’ type comments all the way round. So many shiny things with lights and buttons on we would never have for ourselves… no matter, to Forbidden Planet & Cyber Candy to spend what little cash we had. Now laden with sweeties & feet throbbing, it was home time. I think it’s pretty safe to say a good time was had by all. Mission successful!

• Montee
      Participant

Can I just say… I LOVE YOU GUYS! You are keeping TSU-UK floating proud.

• Lieutenant JDUK
      Participant

Aaaaaw shucks Montee your making me blush

Viewing 35 reply threads

The forum ‘Missions’ is closed to new topics and replies.