Adventures in Cosplay with Captain Flynn

Home Forums Art Adventures in Cosplay with Captain Flynn

• This topic is empty.

Adventures in Cosplay with Captain Flynn

• Captain
      Participant

Greetings, Programs!

If you didn’t catch it, or are new to me, then take a quick look at my backstory here.

I only link that because during that time I’ve had not a lot to do, and I was unable to find acting gigs, I did a few other things, in a desperate attempt to take the serious out of adult life (man, I still don’t feel like this being an adult is real..).

I know there used to be a Cosplay thread somewhere, but seems to have disappeared in the transition from the Doc, so here is where I’ll share!

The few who remember me might remember that I was an avid Captain Jack Sparrow cosplayer (seen here). Since then, I’ve attempted to “level up” my cosplay, so to speak, to a professional impersonator. This has yet to take hold, but I’m just making little modifications in the mean time. The latest updated version can be found here! It’s a bit old now, but I’ve not really done a full screen accurate Jack in some time.

I’ve been focusing my time a bit more on making alternate Jack Sparrows. Before I post a picture, just do a quick google of “Steampunk Jack Sparrow.” Oh, come on. For me.

I’ll share that another post from now!

Cheers, mates. I’d love to hear about cosplay stuffs you guys are doing! Since we don’t seem to have a dedicated page anymore, feel free to utilize this space for all your cosplaying showmanship!

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

Once I’ve gotten my current assignments out of the way at the end of July I’m planning to start work on my Sazh Katzroy cosplay from Final Fantasy 13. I’m also looking to build a suit of Galbadian armour from FF8 so that I can cosplay as Kiros

Also, I have for quite a while wanted to cosplay MajUub from Dragonball GT

• Captain
      Participant

@Engineer Mike Jaeger said:
      Once I’ve gotten my current assignments out of the way at the end of July I’m planning to start work on my Sazh Katzroy cosplay from Final Fantasy 13. I’m also looking to build a suit of Galbadian armour from FF8 so that I can cosplay as Kiros

Also, I have for quite a while wanted to cosplay MajUub from Dragonball GT

That sounds pretty awesome. Can’t wait to see some pictures!

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Lately I have been refining my Steampunk persona into a more “Native-punk” type identity and am currently working on making the costume bits for a Métis dandy….complete with a steampunked out wampum belt….hand cut copper and aluminum tubing (1/8 inch diameter, 1/2 inch long)….it’s been a task indeed given I need about 2000 beads.

Anywho, here is a look at the costume I started out with in my quest to make “Native-punk” a more viable side of steampunk:

This is what it looks like now:

• Captain
      Participant

Wow, that’s really cool! Is that the finished product, or is it one of those “will-never-be-finished” things?

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Definitely a “never be finished” type things.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

Just bought myself some Worbla and I have some free time coming up when I won’t have any assignments to work on so much cosplay stuff coming in the coming month or so :D

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Lt. Grimm (Poison Ivy) Dearest Maximilian (Henchman)  Kracken (Two Face) Andrew Von Jazz (Henchman) Chrysalice (Catwomen) Myself (Penguin) and Commissar Bear (Black Mask)

Six Months down the line and the two henchmen had met rather sticky ends and Black mask was in Arkham. However Kipling (Riddler) had been let out early on good behaviour.

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Sweet pics Brigadier Davis :)

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
      Participant

The first part of my new Uniform, an armoured arm band

More to come in the months to follow :D

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

@Engineer Mike Jaeger said:
      The first part of my new Uniform, an armoured arm band

More to come in the months to follow :D

THIS….I LOVE THIS!!!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I was wondering if there was a cosplay thread!

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.