A question about shoulder patches

Home Forums General Discussions A question about shoulder patches

A question about shoulder patches

• I was wondering, how come there are only Soldier shoulder patches and not ones for Engineers, medics and Scouts?

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Not a bad question I suppose. The reason for this is that the shoulder patches don’t in fact signify the regiment that you belong to, instead that reflect that you are a member of the Army of Toy Soldiers, hence they are soldier patches. Because no matter what regiment you are in, your still a soldier.

Though of course, if you do wish for other patches like engineer patches, it is possible to get them made, and works out quite well if you band together with some other soldiers who also want some.

• Oh yes! I would like to have some engineering regiment patches! :D 

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Id love some!

• Commander JET
      Keymaster

We had a little survey going on for a good while to see how many would be interested in getting different ones but, not enough people wanted them to merit an order.

At the time we didn’t have engineers though. So, you may get many who want them now. Hope so! You can put me down for two of them. ;)

If you need any of the artwork sized I have the originals, just let me know :)

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

@Commander JET said:
      We had a little survey going on for a good while to see how many would be interested in getting different ones but, not enough people wanted them to merit an order.

At the time we didn’t have engineers though. So, you may get many who want them now. Hope so! You can put me down for two of them. ;)

If you need any of the artwork sized I have the originals, just let me know :)

Maybe try running another Poll JET? After all maybe people have changed their minds, you never know, at least it would give us a good idea about numbers.

• MetallicSpirit
      Participant

I’d most definitely love a Medic one! I don’t think there’s much of anything on here representing medics, only nurses owo

• Commander JET
      Keymaster

Well atm we don’t have the means to get patches in for each regimen. I’m not sure when we will in the future either…sorry. We would love to someday but, there are (8) of them if you include (boy/girl) and we would have to be fair and get them all if we are gonna get another. We have stuck with the traditional toy soldier patch because as Iron said “We are all Toy Soldiers.”

But that doesn’t mean you can’t acquire them on your own. Many have gathered money for Special ops patches and placed orders for those. Just be careful with that and gather the money first.

In the meantime. I think we will try and get together with Tinker the paper lord and see if we can’t come up with some fancy paper ones like the armband he designed. At least it would be something to wear for a day and you can always print out more if an event comes up.wink

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

@Mikey said:

I really want some engineer patches so I guess the next question is does anybody else want some?

I would be interested in 1-2 of them…what will the Engineering design look like?

• Lt. Easterling
      Participant

@adtavi said:

@Mikey said:

I really want some engineer patches so I guess the next question is does anybody else want some?

I would be interested in 1-2 of them…what will the Engineering design look like?

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

@Lt. Easterling said:

@adtavi said:

@Mikey said:

Awesome, I figured it would be these…but you never know, some of us here i have found are quite the artistically minded…and yes, I am definitely interested.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Personally I think they would look better as the square, Epaulette type patches. In the same way that Soldier patches exist. The round robot face patch would define you a a member of the Army of Toy Soldiers and the rectangular patch would denote which regiment you belonged to.

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

@Brigadier Davis said:
      Personally I think they would look better as the square, Epaulette type patches. In the same way that Soldier patches exist. The round robot face patch would define you a a member of the Army of Toy Soldiers and the rectangular patch would denote which regiment you belonged to.

I agree on a differing shape….hell, even a triangle would be good for some of the sub-divisions. cool

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

The round patches do look a bit…. empty. A rectangle would be better, I guess, seeing these were based off the normal rectangular toysoldier patch.

• When I originally thought of getting patches I was thinking the rectangle ones like the current Soldier shoulder patches

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.