A Letter from Dr.Steel!

Home Forums Announcements A Letter from Dr.Steel!

This topic contains 145 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sellsword Anthos The Scarlet Sorcerer 6 years ago.

A Letter from Dr.Steel!

• Commander JET
    Participant

Hello my fellow Toy Soldiers,

After over a year of no words, I have finally received a letter from the former Dr.Steel!
    I have been pondering over it for a few days and I have come to the conclusion to just copy it and show you all. As I feel you have the right to know. I ask that you Respect Him and Me/Us by not letting this letter be spread all over other networks to be slandered and ridiculed. I’m sure some will want to spread it to others and share with people that are not currently enlisted. But..in doing so please make sure everyone is being respectful of us all.
    Thank you!
    ~JET

Photobucket

• Raptor
    Participant

Anyone else read that in his voice?

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Sad, yet, it seems good news, as it seems the Doc is rebuilding himself into something else. Something for himself.

I can only wish him the best of luck in the future. And glad he wishes us the best as well. The Army of Toy Soldiers will continue! And we will help everyones creativity become their greatest asset!

On another note: Commander JET and myself have confirmation that this is 100% genuine and original.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

May the Doc find success in whatever his next endeavour is, an also may he never forget the Toy Soldiers and the support that we gave him.

• Lt. Loz Tronic
    Participant

@jraptor – YES!
    It was quite nice to read this, actually. While Steel himself may now have the ‘peace and quiet’ he desires, from afar he can proudly observe the successes of the Army of Toy Soldiers and know that he had an enormous part to play.

• Caspar Byron
    Participant

I wish this man, this man who has given me so much – friends, fun, inspiration, more purpose – all the best wishes and luck in the universe with what he decides to do in life. We cannot stand in his way if this is what he truly wants to do. I, for one, respect him so much for making such a huge decision. Whatever road he chooses to take in his life, I am sure he will flourish along it, whatever it is, just like he has done to many Toy Soldiers throughout the years.

Good luck, Doctor. Captain Byron wishes you well.

• Madelchai

It’s a shame his work didn’t play out the way he wanted it to, but I for one thank him. It was because of the message, the idea, bringing me here that I found the best thing in life.

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Well, at least we all know where we stand. I hope that he knows how much he meant to us. And we will perservere, and make the toy soldiers even greater than he could have believed. Whilst I will never be entirely at peace with him he will always have a place in my heart, even if it is just fir the creation of the army (and the delicious music)

P.s. Closure is good.

• T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

Wow…. I miss him even more now but am so very glad he did this, the letter I mean.
    He has my dearest respect. As artist. As human.
    And thank you Raptor, you cracked me up as I wiped a tear from my eye. i did in fact read it in his voice. lol
    He may be no longer but he will not be forgotten.
    I love how TSU is like the one piece of him that survived. We are universal micro replicated reflecting refractions of what he brought to the table of thought and creativity.

I give him a final salute
    :salute:

Onward and Upward!

• Nuvasuper TS#40315
    Participant

The Best of wishes to the Doctor on his new journey! We can never thank him enough for what he has done. May he find his peace.

• This is making me sad, really sad. So many projects are created every day, some are working right the way they have to, the others give you only bills, despair, and finally perish in the ocean of the Internet…

His project was good. Very good. Maybe just too much. Even if I’m not active at all in the Toy Soldiers Unite movement (this haven’t changed since Dr Steel’s disappearance, to stay clear), his work made me realize a lot of things some years ago, and his voice will never cease to exist for me.

But even gone, the Toy Soldiers won’t cease to exist. This movement is such a great opportunity to bring people together, create, and having fun, we can’t let it die. Thanks Jet and every major member of TSU for not letting it perish. Really.

Good bye Doctor, may you live a peaceful life from now on, and stay assured that a lot of people won’t forget you. Ever.

• (copied from my post on the TSU group on FB)
    I believe now more than ever any toy soldier who is musically inclined or proficient with video media should work on projects for the fellow soldiers, we should create our own genre full of inspiration, fun, and acceptance.

• The Disgraced Dark
    Participant

Thank you Jet for deciding to share this with us. As said already, it is nice to have closure. That being said, the Toy Soldiers will carry on, and carry forth the message that we can create a better world. That we have it within ourselves to do this, all it takes is a little fun.

::Salute::
    To Fun and Robots!

• May the man formerly know as Dr. Steel find the peace and quiet he needs, and may he find great joy, fun, and inspiration in his everyday life and all his future ventures.

• Greenghost
    Participant

Thank you for posting this Commander Jet. I hope he finds the peace and quiet and he’s looking for and hope that he finds great joy in his life once more.

::Salute::

• YJ Nurse Risa
    Participant

First thought: wow, I want that font he writes in.
    Second thought: thank goodness for closure.
    Third thought: where are my keys….
    Fourth thought: is it Toy Soldier Day yet?!?!

• YJ Nurse Risa
    Participant
  • Chris Foxx
    Participant

I’m still numb, thinking I won’t have new music or inspirational words or babies with buzz saws anymore. Frankly, I’m going to miss Emperor Doctor Steel, I really liked him.

• Sergeant Larks
    Participant

You know, even though the closure is nice, I’m still very sad. One of my dreams when I joined TSU was to meet the man who inspired me to be creative and do great things with that creativity.

I’m shocked that his “advisors” suggest we be destroyed, and delighted that he wishes us to go forward despite his permanent retirement. This letter evoked so many different emotions in me… He really made a difference in my life with his dream, and made it my dream.

Doctor Phineas Waldolf Steel, I can never thank you enough for helping me make sucha positive change in my life. I will never forget you. I solemnly swear I will do all in my power as a Toy Soldier to ensure that your vision, our shared vision as Toy Soldiers, to make over the world into something more positive is achieved.

Good luck, Dr. Steel. I salute you, one final time.

Toy Soldiers, Unite!

• Bye Doc, hope you find out what you want to do with your life.

• Aegis Mutton
    Participant

I have always held this man’s words in high regard. Words of vision, sense and creative absurdity. To me, this letter is no different.

Congratulations on your decision to carry on with your life in private and thank you for your immense contribution to all our lives.

Good luck Doctor, and good bye!

• MacBane Walker
    Participant

May whatever path he walks now, may he find the peace he is looking for.

• I can’t really think of anything adequate to say that wouldn’t take up dozens of lines of text and at least a half an hour to form into typed words. So I will just allow the views and opinions of my fellow soldiers to speak the volumes of words, sentances, paragraphs and emotions that are running through my head at this moment. Also, thank you so much Jet for making this letter known, as well as allowing us to view its contents.

“Creativity is a flame that once ignited, can never be extinguished.” – Sombody other than me.

• Wickaman
    Participant

So very nice of him to send some words of confirmation… but my god, I just found that letter -utterly- heartbreaking. Blacklisting? Betrayal? Losing his privacy and creativity? This is clearly something he didn’t want to go into detail about, but does anyone have any thoughts to this? Have ‘Anonymous’ made his life a living hell? Has copyright been violated in some obscure, put powerful way…?

Just breaks my heart completely. Whatever happens, I just hope he can put all this aside, get on with his life, and look at ‘Doctor Steel’ as a success, rather than a dreadful failure and waste of time.

• Wickaman
    Participant

I do find it interesting how he put “advisors”.

Sounds to me like some higher-up fat cats had some part in this terrible downfall.

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
    Participant

We have his music. We have his videos. And most importantly, we have his vision. Through them he gave us his joie de vivre, his zany humor, his zest for creativity, his philosophy, his ideas and ideals. We carry them on now in ourselves. We must pick up his fallen banner, and lift it high!

You will not be forgotten, Doctor. We will carry on where you left off: There is still much to do! We will build your Utopian Playland. The Illuminati may be able to stop one man, but it cannot stop an idea! As you yourself said, “This is a movement, as my Toy Soldiers will attest!”

In Dr. Steel’s name: “So say we all!”

• jedimom
    Participant

Godspeed, Dr. Steel. Godspeed. We will miss you and try to remember all you have taught us. We will carry on! ::salute with tears in my eyes::

• Mr. J
    Participant

it saddens me that he left but that i have grown to accept i’m just happy to know that he is still out there.. our leader might be gone but a true army can go on without a leader and a true army fights to the very last man. we will make the world laugh again no matter how many balloons and cookies it takes we will make the world laugh again… i salute you dear doctor, you and all my fellow soldiers who keeps fighting for the vision.. Mr. J out

• ComradeCog
    Participant

This is definitely something that’ll take me a while to digest… I mean, I know he’s left, and my suspicions for why were accurate (not spot on, but there we are). But all the same, a direct correspondence… I’m with the many on here who say it would take them volumes to write what is on their minds.

But I’ll simply say this:

His vision won’t die, because we’re all here.

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
    Participant

There needs to be a “Like” button in these forums.

• There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t have him music thumping in my head or blaring in my car. His vision, his brilliance, his seeming insane philosophy that will always ring true to me as I listen to it. Forever will I have his name etched with those other greats such as Henry David Thoreau, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, and now Doctor Steel.
    As I mourn the passing I will always celebrate the message and the profound change brought into my life by this dear man.
    HAIL DOCTOR STEEL :!:

• Sgt. Pandybear
    Participant

His legacy will live on in the TSU. He has taught many how to have fun and live life to its fullest, and the TSU will still continue his teachings. Dr. Steel, you will be missed sorely, and you shall never be forgotten.

• Carl Von Richtofen
    Participant

Truly a sad but revealing letter, yet almost fitting that he would be taken down by his advisors, almost like a Julius Caesar of fun. An idea when let free into the world grows, and that is what was planned all along, that when the time came the Toy Soldiers would spread the ideals of fun when Doctor Steel was gone. We, the toy soldiers were, like his music, an idea and now we are free to grow and become a larger, more powerful force of fun, to show the world that one man does not make a movement but one great idea does. We are the army of fun, as long as we remember to have fun. encourage fun and seek fun then nothing that happens can destroy us.
    Ich kommt. Ich Seht. Ich spielt.

• biddy
    Participant

Thank you!–I am stricken by his sadness, but at least now we know he did not casually abandon his fans. If ever there was a man who deserved our love, it’s him!
    I wish The Doc EVERY happiness!!

• Sgt. Pandybear
    Participant

@biddy I enjoy your enthusiasm, to everyone here he is Doctor Phineas Waldolf Steel. He strove so hard to create us lets not let him down or his memory fade

• Missus Tea
    Participant

Well.

I still have a lot of questions, but it does help to have a response of sorts. At least we know he’s alive and mostly well, or at least doing well enough to give us some sort of closure.

It’s so sad though. As someone who once lived and breathed music, it’s rather heartbreaking to hear the unsaid “I had to give it up.” Whether it is the creating or the performing side of it, music, even if it is in front of an audience of a dozen or thousands, is very personal. The writer or the performer is giving something OF themselves to others. Every note, every performance, even if it is the same thing over and over, is new because of what the performer and the audience brings to it. It is heady and exciting and fun and amazing. And to have to give that up, for whatever reason, is very painful on so many levels.

I only hope he did not have to make that decision alone. I hope he had and still has the support of friends who understand. WE may not ever fully understand, but we have the support of each other so we can go on with wherever the new direction of TSU takes us. And if things change at a later date, at least we know the Doc is still out there, and that he knows we are still here for him.

• lol he can’t spell xD

• Arrven
    Participant

thanks for sharing this Jet.

To the Doc: safe travels and thanks for everything

*takes off hat and salutes*

• Lyca Watyre
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Jet. Closure is good. Hard to face at times, but good. I wish nothing but the best for him. He certainly brought out the best in me. Hopefully he will find peace in this cold world. *salutes*

• My sentiments echo so many. Many million thank yous to JET for sharing the letter and for keeping Toy Soldiers Unite alive when all others abandoned it. Also, my thanks go out to that man that we all revered. It’s pretty easy to get people to love ya and follow ya when you’re on top of the world, but it’s a testament to all the greatness that he has created, that we still feel that way about him when he’s gone. Although he left us with so many unanswered questions before… For him to sign off with “No Longer… Dr. Steel” it speaks volumes to the sadness he must feel to have to step away from it and say goodbye to something he created with such great potential. That potential is in all of us. But when a dream becomes a business, bureaucracy often becomes the nightmare that ends it.
    We wish you well Dr. Steel, wherever you are. You’re always a part of us!

Everyone you meet, the good and the bad, they become part of you.
    We’ll never forget!

• Commander M
    Participant

Thank you for choosing to share this with the rest of us, Commander. Though it brings a certain gravity, it is also a relief to have some closure. I will still hope that perhaps one day there will be a “reunion tour” (if the robots are ever repaired) or re-rebirth, but for now have moved on. We will take the music and the message to new heights in our reformed state, and march ever outward, inward, and between-ward to our Utopian Playland.

Good Doctor, I wish you all the best wherever your journey takes you. I hope we make you proud and know that we still play thanks to you.

*salute*

• Seifer Frederick
    Participant

As sad as Im sure I should feel about this letter. I don’t. I only wish I had the chance to exchange ideas with the former doctor. To engage in conversation, maybe even meet the man that has such a creative flame. immediatly after listening to the philosophies our former doctor spoke about in his communications I felt as though there was one other who understood the things I knew to be true and correct. then I found the toy soldiers and realised that there are so many other people who share in this realisation. fun has always been my top priority, even before doctor steel. and it will continue to be onward. I will one day make extra body living a reality. and when I do it will be in doctor steels name. I hope when I accomplish this feat that I will least get the opportunity and privilege to talk to the former doctor and involve him. thank you for taking the time to send us a communication from the doctor jet. and thank you former doctor and once promising world emporer for giving me the sense and satisfaction of knowing Im not alone with my views and knowledge.

• Captain Roberta
    Participant

I am glad you shared this with us, it gave me the closure I needed. I will still continue to spread the idea he planted in me. And I would be a very different person if not for him and his ideas. His music found me in a very miserable part of my life and it continues to keep me sailing with the good winds.

My good Doctor, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I only wish I found you sooner in my life.

• Commander Radar
    Participant

As I read this. I felt so much pain, physical pain for a man that has faced so many problems. He created a vision, a movement and a simple happiness that dwells in every toy soldier in the world.

He gave it his all, and although there were ‘people’ who forced his hand to do something he couldn’t prevent, I saw him as world emperor. In my reality there stood a man who sought only to better the lives of every individual who lives on this planet wrought in corruption.

We shall never forget his teachings, we shall never bend a knee to those who try and stop us, they can take away our leader, but never our spirit. We will all build a Utopian Playland, even if it takes a thousand years. There will always be those with a dream of a better world, a better reality, and as toy soldiers it is our duty to bloody well try our best to make those dreams come true!

You may be gone good doctor, but you shall never be forgotten!
    To a Utopian Playland!!! *salutes*

• Chaplain
    Participant

Thank you for sharing this. God bless the man for reminding us that a utopian world of fun and joy are something to work toward. In this note he points out that it is not an easy goal. Conscious effort is required because those who only care about their own happiness actively pursue their goal and make life a hell for those who challenge their efforts. We want everyone to be able to play joyfully. We’ve got a lot to do.

• Lovedless
    Participant

I am at least relieved to see that he is at least alive and holding his own. That kind of “sudden” disappearance isn’t always with a happy ending. In that vein, I do hope that what troubles have swallowed up our dear Doctor find their way back out of his life. And that if he is in need of help that he be strong enough to ask and not fear the repercussions of such a move. I hear a lot of depression in this note, and that truly makes me sad. He was and still is quite the visionary and a beacon for so many people. As much as he says he is the Doctor no more, he will always be the Doctor to us. Always.

May peace find you soon.

• Robin Hood
    Participant
  • The Good Doctor has inspired my recent life-changing decisions and just seeing this letter weighed on my heart and put a smile on my face. What a legend.

• Commander JET
    Participant

You are welcome everyone. I know he meant a great deal to a lot of us.
    I also felt much sorrow for the Doc in reading this..and a bit of shock to finally see it. I must have read it about 10 times!(ok maybe more)
    but yeah..glad we got to hear something finally. :)

Also..as I stated in another thread, I felt you all had the right to see it. It takes all of us to keep TSU going. Everyday we stop in and say hello, tell a friend, make something crafty to share or look into another gathering we are all keeping it going! I do hope we can continue to do so!
    *salutes*

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
    Participant

When North Korean dictator Kim Il-sung died, he was declared Eternal President Of The Republic. Though Dr. Steel has merely been forced into retirement, I still say he should be declared Eternal World Emperor. :)

• biddy
    Participant

I agree with Sky Marshal Goode– Doctor Steel should be declared
    Eternal World Emperor!

• Ditto what Jonny B. said also!!!

• Engineer Airhead
    Keymaster
  • Cadeon
    Participant

Captain Nurse Risa:
    First thought: wow, I want that font he writes in.
    Second thought: thank goodness for closure.
    Third thought: where are my keys

• 3!LL
    Participant

This truly saddens me. I don’t think the retirement of any artist(whether from business or from this physical plane)has ever effected me this emotionally. Thank you for sharing this letter.

• Thank you Jet. You are doing an amazing job. Thank you Dutch too for all you do. I feel so brand new to all this with his official good bye.

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

B, does this mean you’re back?

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
    Participant

Artist formerly known as YJB:
    Thank you Jet. You are doing an amazing job. Thank you Dutch too for all you do. I feel so brand new to all this with his official good bye.

Nice to see you’re back, B! And I like the new look. :)

• LT. Grimm:
    B, does this mean you

• have’s B :twisted:

• TSMinuteMan1989
    Participant

Jack Raptor:

I’m pretty sure every single person who read it did!!! lol

• Anonymous

In the wake of my sadness, I will STILL create! I will STILL have fun! I will STILL spread the message of joy and happiness! I am STILL a Toy Soldier! And always will be. Dr. Steel, wherever you are, I am still fighting for your cause to bring happiness to the world however I can. The world will know the power of love and fun as long as the Army continues on! Or else, I’m a lone Soldier, fighting for a lost cause. Which is also fine.

• YJ Nurse Risa
    Participant

Sky Marshal Jonathan Baines “Jonny B.” Goode:
    When North Korean dictator Kim Il-sung died, he was declared Eternal President Of The Republic. Though Dr. Steel has merely been forced into retirement, I still say he should be declared Eternal World Emperor. :)

…It probably doesn’t help our image to compare our former leader to Kim Jong Il…. Can we not do that? Please?

• Like sevral have stated here before, I am both relieved to hear one final message from the Good Doctor, assuring that he is well enough to send word, and deeply saddened by hearing of hearing about the tremendous loss of what had become such an important part in his life.

He may be gone, and this makes it 100% official that he’s gone, but we’re all still here. We have each other, we have his ideas; we have the tools, the skills, and the man/woman/robot power to keep the dream of a brighter future alive.

And while many may miss the wonderous ‘toys’ given to us so generously by our dear Doctor and Toymaker, his resignation has passed on the proud mantle of “Ultimate Toymaker”, to each and every one of us. Now that that has happened, that only means that there are now 30,000+ plus outlets of toys for the world to enjoy, instead of one (albeit, a very, very, VERY good one).

Wherever the man who used to don the goggles and labcoat may be, I wish that peace and calm come to him swiftly, and may his future endeavors be more fruitful. And I thank him from the bottom of my heart for all that he has done to brighten my days, and I thank Jet deeply for sharing this; giving us all the closure we needed.

I give a final and full hearted salute to you, good sir.

*salute*

To Creativity!
    To Victory!
    Toy Soldiers UNITE!

– God Speed and Seraphim Liniments,
    Dr. Sheilagh R. Elfinstone; D.Pr.M.

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Very well said Dr. Elfinstone, that was very touching.

• The Nightmare
    Participant

Long live the Doctor! Even if he is no longer active(I cannot bring myself to use the word), His dreams will live on through us, we will continue his legacy and spread his greatness. Here’s to hoping that he will re-emerge, even if in a slightly-altered form, somewhere down the road…

• Commander JET
    Participant

LT. Grimm:
    Very well said Dr. Elfinstone, that was very touching.

Yes, I agree very nice Dr. Elfinstone!<3

• its not the end of the world … dont let the system get you down , youv have gone this far , but you have not taken it all the way to the top … just yet ;] i believe he will come back . I believe this man would die a martyer … and perhaps like the thought of it . A death to go on through generations . I see many have just accepted your words doc , but i dont , i dont believe the fight ends , until the world ends . we are all having troubles now , there are higher forces at work in the world right now creating mass confuesion and destruction in every ones lives . but it wont last forever , the stars and the moon will align for us , and let the energy flow in a way that opens up doors witch we could never imagin possible . I believe the illuminati is here , i believe we are a race of alien slaves put on this planet to rape it of its nutrients , but i also believe that inside us lys the strenght to do what we know deep in our hearts is the right thing . Socioty will one day fall , and our true nature will rule . Maybe in hundreds of years , maybe not so many years , but whenever and whatever it takes one day there will be an entirly happy generation of people who are not surrounded by corruption . and it is all thanks to people like you , and me , and your toy soldiers , because we will never let the word die . So maybe not every one believes in aliens , and the illuminati , but what about everything els i just said ?
    ….
    we wont let your words die dr.steel . So dont be so sure on being gone forever just yet ;]

Commander JET:
    Hello my fellow Toy Soldiers,

After over a year of no words, I have finally received a letter from the former Dr.Steel!
    I have been pondering over it for a few days and I have come to the conclusion to just copy it and show you all. As I feel you have the right to know. I ask that you Respect Him and Me/Us by not letting this letter be spread all over other networks to be slandered and ridiculed. I

• Jema B.
    Participant

Sorry for the lack of introduction on the forum, but I sketched this earlier today and felt that I should post it right away. If peace and quiet means cryogenic sleep, then I hope it looks as peaceful as this.

• biddy
    Participant

I love that pic!

• Awesome artwork Jema B.
    I get the sense that he is floating through space, dreaming up new dreams, thinking happy thoughts, waiting for that day to emerge from his hyperbaric coccoon in a new form, to bring on the vision that couldn’t be blinded, to bring on the dream that can’t be broken! To “Transcend Biology” and make the perfect cupcake!

As long as the hamsters run on squeaky wheels
    And humans can dream a utopian ideal
    As long as we engineer what is real
    And Toy Soldiers march with such mass appeal
    As long as there’s happiness and fun we can feel
    There’s never an end to the Great Dr. Steel!

• Jema B.
    Participant

Oh, Professor Jimmy Blue, you’re gonna make me cry. :oops:
    Thank you, everyone… May Dr. Steel’s message live on!! :D

Professor Jimmy Blue:

As long as the hamsters run on squeaky wheels
    And humans can dream a utopian ideal
    As long as we engineer what is real
    And Toy Soldiers march with such mass appeal
    As long as there

• Lt. Loz Tronic
    Participant

That is a great drawing.

• Lyca Watyre
    Participant

Love the drawing. I wonder what brilliance the Good Doctor is dreaming of.

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

Doctor Steel… What a man he was! All good things must come to an end, I guess. It’s the sad truth of life. I’m glad he wrote this. One last farewell to the ones to care for him so much. The Toy Soldiers will always be here, and that’s a fact. Thank you for posting this Jet, this really made my day. May we all remember Doctor Steel fondly, and wish him luck on whatever his future holds. SALUTE!

• Cadeon
    Participant

Jema B.:

Sorry for the lack of introduction on the forum, but I sketched this earlier today and felt that I should post it right away. If peace and quiet means cryogenic sleep, then I hope it looks as peaceful as this.

This is freakin amazing. Seriously, somehow this drawing should go to that letter’s return address.

• Jema B.
    Participant

Cadeon: This is freakin amazing. Seriously, somehow this drawing should go to that letter

• The Sky Marshal, YJ
    Participant

Jema B.:

I thought it was the StarChild from 2001, LOL!

Captain Nurse Risa:

• Jema B.
    Participant
  • Cadeon
    Participant

Jema B.Thank you, to everyone who has commented so far, I

• pheasant
    Participant

Jack Raptor: Anyone else read that in his voice?

oh yes… :]
    so much respect for our dear doctor. We will never wither and die!

• pheasant
    Participant

Cadeon: This is freakin amazing. Seriously, somehow this drawing should go to that letter

• Jema B.
    Participant
  • too bad…

• Seisrush
    Participant

Elvis Presley. John Lennon. Kurt Cobain. Doctor Phineas Waldolf Steel.
    Musicians. Philosophers. Icons. Leaders.

Death never slows down great men.

• YES !!! You are so right ;] but i will say , hes not dead yet , he has his life ahead of him still , and i just know he will be back ;D

Seisrush:
    Elvis Presley.John Lennon.Kurt Cobain.Doctor Phineas Waldolf Steel.
    Musicians.Philosophers.Icons.Leaders.

Death never slows down great men.

• Osiris Bane
    Participant

That letter brought a tear to my eye.

I’m sure we’re all grateful for what the Doctor has done for us. I’m glad that even though he seems to have accepted defeat, he still cares for us. I hope he finds the peace he’s searching for.

• Wickaman
    Participant

Can someone -please- tell me where this photo came from? Is it old? Is it new? Do you think he took it as a final farewell pic? All I know is my heart skipped a bit when I saw it.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401443_316001151768818_100000768062176_804356_362719365_n.jpg

• T.F.U. Lucas Usagi
    Participant

Jema B.:

<3

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

I just figured out why the picture looks sooooo weird to me.
    No Goggles!

Beautiful work though.

• Jema B.
    Participant

T.F.U. Lucas Usagi: <3

Thanks! c:

Sgt. Dutch:
    I just figured out why the picture looks sooooo weird to me.
    No Goggles!

Beautiful work though.

Thanks Sgt. Dutch! :D
    I was wondering while I was drawing it, if people even would recognize him!
    The goggles he wore were a part of his face to all of us. :-D

• A sad farewell, but a fond one nonetheless. His army shall continue strongly, a hopefully happy memory with it’s own life to carry out. I wish him the best in everything, for everything he’s given us, for everything he believed in, for everything we’ve become because of him. Rest in peace our glorious Dr, and thank you Commander Jet for letting us all know.

• Mr. Masheck
    Participant

I finally feel at peace reading that, thank you for posting this. I’m sorry his plans didn’t work out but I am so happy he was able to pull something positive out of it.

I wonder what he will do next? I just don’t see him sitting quietly along day to day doing nothing constructive. I see this as a new beginning alright? I know, it’s cliche but it’s how I feel.

• Pvt. Osc
    Participant

Finally seen this. I’ve just rejoined after the reboot. I stumbled on Dr. Steel’s music and ideas in about 2007/8 I think. How his work never gained the recognition it deserved is beyond me. Reading the letter makes me sad. The world uses people up and often those who try to stand up and be different/say something different get used up fastest of all – or get ridiculed for daring to speak out.
    I hope he finds peace and respite and recovery in whatever he chooses to do next. I thought he was a genius.

• private derpy
    Participant

Thank you so much commander for showing this to us and for that I have great respect for you. I did read it in his voice which while the comment was amusing, saddened my heart even more. I haven’t been a fan for very long unfortunately but in the short time that I have, I’ve looked up to him as a role model and as inspiration when I need it most. Another comment said that maybe his project was too good. I think that person was right. It may be safe to say that this persona of his became a sort of prophet, jesus, messiah, whatever you want to call it, for us. I mean we practically worshiped him. Not to mention a good portion of the female fans found him attractive (me included). I only hope the best for him and his journey through the rest of his life. I do hope a return for him one day. But this may not be as much as I wish it. Personally being reminded that he’s gone is like being reminded that Kurt Cobain killed himself. As much as I wish for them to return (which one of them physically can’t) I know that it probably won’t happen. We’ll miss him. I’ll miss him. But his music, his words, and his message will carry on. I hope that he finds peace finally. And again, Thank you Commander JET for posting this for us.

-salutes-

• Lt. Biohybrid
    Participant

This is all I can say… [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba1UFP186F8[/video]

• private derpy
    Participant

I know I already posted but 1) I really really don’t like how it sounds like he’s going to die. It’s making me concerned and I don’t want a repeat of Kurt Cobain. So if anyone on here is remotely close to him, please stop him from dying. thank you. and 2 there’s got to be a loop hole around this. I mean I know I don’t know the whole situation but from what I understand, Dr. Steel as a business can no longer be, because of the fact that he’s been blacklisted and into forced retirement. But who says that he needs to be Dr. Steel professionally? I mean yes, he needs finances for all of this but just because he’s been kicked out of the company thing (which I want to avenge him for and blow it up) that doesn’t mean he can’t still reach out to us and communicate on a more personal level. Like, for instance, he could make a profile on here, incognito of course, and let us know that it’s him. He could make facebooks on his own time and make music on his own, produce it himself, and sell it at small places just cause he can. There’s also the internet. Thanks to the fact that SOPA and PIPA were called off (for now D:< ) the internet is still free and we're still free to do what we want on the damn internet. If we could write, draw, and videotape PORN, then we could still have a doctor steel on here! Besides if he would just ask I’m sure computer techies would fall over themselves to make him a new website, under their name, and use it for Dr. Steel stuff, info and whatnot. I’m sure he’s thought of this. But it can work. The government can’t control what you do on your own time. That’s the key. If he’s whoever he is behind the goggles professionally with a different job then he could be Dr. Steel on his own time. If I could pretend to be someone else by throwing on a costume and run around as such then so could he. DON’T LET THE MAN BRING YOU DOWN!

There is hope!!!!

PS: I’m sorry if that sounded really stupid… I am Derpy after all…

• Mr. Masheck
    Participant

I can understand perfectly well why he wouldn’t want to associate himself with the persona anymore. Unfortunately he was just a business in the end, an unsuccessful one. Knowing too many details of him would shatter the illusion and I think that is why he chooses to be silent.

• Commander JET
    Participant

Thank you for posting private Derpy! You are welcome to say whatever you like. And speaking from the heart is always best! ;) We are putting a lot of the docs and videos and things on our site. Hopefully we can do him justice! :)

I do understand about Kurt. I was also very crushed the day I found out about him. I’m so glad it didn’t come to that with the doc and he was able to pull himself out of what seemed to be making him miserable. I hope the man can continue on and have a very happy life!

• I’m hoping and raising the conspiracy theory that this was all just a clever ruse to buy some time away from the limelight and produce his mad art and Toy Monger album and is using his lapse of activity to see who the real fans who stick by and still believe in the cause, are. Although reality tells me that this is probably all not true, when have we ever believed in reality? Being a Toy Soldier is about engineering our own Reality! And in my reality… He’ll come back!

• private derpy
    Participant

Thank you Commander :,3 and yes, I’m also really happy that he pulled himself out of it too. I wish him luck and happiness. I’m a little worried about something though. I was talking to my mom about the situation with him being blacklisted and such and she thinks he might’ve done something bad… this is something like how our conversation went:

“Yeah, doctor steel had to retire.”

“why?”

“because he got blacklisted.”

“Really?! for what?” -shock face-

“I have no idea. At one point he said he was taking a break to make a new album, then he sort of disappears off the planet, and now he sent a letter to one of the people on the website saying that he got blacklisted.”

“Oh crap… He probably did something shady”

What do you think? I really hope not… That wouldn’t be very good if that were the case… But anyway, assuming that he didn’t do anything wrong, I found a song for him:

“It’s something unpredictable but in the end it’s right. I hope you had the time of your life”

• private derpy
    Participant

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bTdLi0YUVM[/video]

• Misfit TS Ilia
    Participant

Hi, everyone… I’ve been inactive for quite awhile for a variety of reasons, been just lurking here, but I wanted to finally reply to this. I want to add my thanks to Commander Jet for posting the letter– it’s good to know Dr. Steel is okay. That was what worried me most when he disappeared with no word.

He really does sound depressed… it saddens me to read that and get a sense of the frame of mind he must be in. I wish I could just hug him and tell him it’s going to be all right.

When I think of the brilliant creativity of the whole ‘Dr. Steel project’ (if you want to call it that) it seems so wrong that it couldn’t continue…all the second-rate cookie-cutter musicians out there now, making a fortune, and Dr. Steel is the one who can’t find mainstream success? I have no words for how wrong that is. I heard the unreleased song clips that someone else posted in a YouTube video, and it kills me to think we’ll never hear the rest.

(Hi, Private Derpy! Are you the same person I’ve been messaging on DeviantArt? :D )

I really can’t think that he did anything wrong… he just never seemed like that sort of person. Plus, all we really have to go on is a few lines in a letter… without knowing the details, it’s impossible to know whether he was referring to an actual event when he said he was ‘blacklisted,’ or whether that’s just how he felt about the way things turned out. I’d be more inclined to think the funding just ran out, he couldn’t get the financial backing he was hoping for, and for some legal reason couldn’t continue on his own. And it does sound like the whole mess really took a mental toll on him as well.

Wherever he goes from here, I hope Dr. Steel finds happiness, and the peace of mind he needs. I’d like to hope he’ll return someday, even if it’s in another persona, but only time will tell. I wish I could tell him thank you for everything he gave us– the inspiration as well as the music and videos.

Whatever happened, I wish him the best…I hope he realizes it wasn’t all for nothing. I hope he knows what an amazing legacy he’s left behind.

• private derpy
    Participant

EL GASP!!! ARE YOU ilianexsi?!?!?! CAUSE I’M lryukshinigami!!! (aslijdfd;hnf;km.) and I really couldn’t have said what you said better myself! May his dreams find their own wings <3

• KillerCapybara
    Participant

Now I think I should let my hypothesis on the matter out. I’m going off of what Doctor Steel said in his last post on the old site (the one talking about Toymonger, new products, etc). According to the man himself, World Domination Toys had been funded by him up until that point. He also stated that his fund was running a bit on the empty side. He talked about “becoming a businessman” and looking for partners to fund his business. He talked about how finding a partner was difficult but he felt “confident that victory [was] just around the corner.” What I feel happened was that the Doctor never turned the corner. I think, with what little evidence we have, is that the Doctor simply ran out of money. He ran out of money in his personal fund, and couldn’t find anymore business partners. His business became unviable, and he just didn’t have the funds to create “Toymonger” or any other music/videos. Combine that with stalkers on his tail, and creative block (I just feel like he probably got this and wasn’t able to figure out a way to outdo his previous work), and you have a recipe for disaster. It might’ve been a situation of him not being able to do it, and then from that deciding that he didn’t want to do it. The tone in his letter and the way he phrases things make me think that he really wanted to do it, that the reality he wanted to manifest would happen. But alas, he lost the spark of creativity and the funds to make it happen. I don’t think it was his fault, I think it was a chain of events that led to his retirement.

I, like all of us, still hold a little hope in our heart that the good Doctor will one day return to us. Maybe come back full time, do it casually, or just drop us a final farewell, but I got a gut feeling he’ll be back in some form, some day. But that day isn’t coming anytime soon (at least it doesn’t look like it), so we all have to continue on, spreading his ideas and making the world into a Utopian Playland. It’s what he would’ve wanted. As he said, “May your ideas have wings.” He wouldn’t want us to give up. He would want us to pursue our creative endeavors. And that’s just what I’m going to do (and all of us will do (hopefully)).

• private derpy
    Participant

YEAH CREATIVE ENDEAVORS!!!! fuckyea.jpg Heh, your hypothesis sounds pretty valid actually. I didn’t see the thing he said on the old website and based on what you said, my hopes for him not being involved with “something shady” will, again, hopefully be true. Regardless, we will do without him until he’s back. We’ll make an awesome movie, maybe I’ll do my own little documentary on the TS points of views, if you guys would let me, we could video chat and I could interview people and do epic research of awesomeness 8D If any of you are interested, I’m going to post a topic when I get interview questions and things together and either post on the forum when I make it or inbox me :3 (either on here or if you know me on any other website). I also want to thank everyone on here, for showing me that I’m not alone in an obsession and that I have people to talk to about this guy. Cause, honestly, if I talk to anyone else about him they look at me like I have 20 heads and they’re all like “oh yeah, I’ll look him up later” and they never do… Also talking to some of you on here also helped me be not as sad about his departure in the sense that I could actually talk to someone about it and that you share in my hopes. I love you all dearly!

-hoof salute- <3

• private derpy
    Participant

HEY GUYS!! Okay this is indeed going to be derpy, but didn’t Doctor Steel say that he was ordered to shut down his myspace amongst other things? His myspace. is still. up. ksajflkdg -checks facebook- and his non-profile page is still up… twitter? -randomly checks- and he still has a twitter. I haven’t been on myspace or twitter in forever… I mean doctorsteel.com is still out, unfortunately, but I thought he had to delete those pages too O: HMMMMMMMM

correct me if I’m wrong about this….

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Sorry, but you’re wrong. He had to delete his own websites. Content on social media was in a grey area. JET and I handle the TSU profile, and I take care of one of the many Dr. Steel pages (but not his actual facebook profile). I’ve got a list of sites I check every few days, incase there are Toy Soldiers looking for answers.

• Chaplain Gumdrop
    Participant

Thank you Jet. It saddens me greatly to know that this is the end of the road for Doctor Steel, but I feel like I finally have some closure. It will be hard, but I think I can start processing this and recovering. I’m going to miss his creativity. His music brought joy to so many, and it is sad to think that we will never see Toymonger.

Despite my sorrow, I am deeply proud of what we have become. This is a movement, and we will march forth.

• private derpy
    Participant

Gaaah! Well… It was worth a shot, no? I thought that might’ve been something but zee hypothesis has been refuted. Thanks for correcting me though! (even though I sorts feel dumb now xD)

• private derpy
    Participant
  • pheasant
    Participant
  • Sergeant Larks
    Participant
  • biddy
    Participant

Well, personally, I picture the good Doctor as having transcended into his new robot body,and now battling the ANUNNAKI–and THAT is why he is retiring from public life; he has no time to make music, as he is saving us all!!

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

biddy:
    Well, personally, I picture the good Doctor as having transcended into his new robot body,and now battling the ANUNNAKI

• Slegar
    Participant

Dr. Steel is so miserable.

• Misfit TS Ilia
    Participant

Slegar:
    Dr. Steel is so miserable.

I’m hoping he isn’t miserable, that he’s made peace with it, but going by his letter, I just don’t know. I respect his decision, but it’s still hard for me to accept it. As I was saying to a friend earlier today, he was so driven by the whole ‘Dr. Steel’ idea – the music and the message – it’s hard to accept that something could make him give up.

That’s what’s wrong with the world, and what makes me really angry sometimes: money is more important than creativity. A musician with little talent but a lot of money has a better chance of making it than one with loads of creativity and unique ideas but no money. That’s just not right, and I wish there was more I could do to fight it than just choose who to support by what I buy.

All I can do is continue doing what he taught us – bringing more creativity, and more appreciation for creativity, to the world in whatever small ways I can. Wherever the former Doc is now, whatever he’s doing, I hope that love of creativity is still alive in him.

• Engineer Airhead
    Keymaster

My respect to the men behind Dr.Steel is so remarkable for all his ideas, creativity, visions and the power he gave me by creating the Toysoldiers that I wish him this little place of peace he is looking for. He will allways be a hero in my mind and a spiritual brother.Thx for sharing this letter.

• Jade Valor
    Participant

giving up on his Dreams…yes that is the word giving up…surrendered….thire is no other word for it….a dream is not something one can take away..only given up! he has lost his will and his fire and its up to the toy soldiers to ignite his soul once more! has he forgotten about Reality engineering?…hes allowing the enemy to engineer it for him……it is my hope that he returns with a Blazing spirit once again! he is too great a man to allow himself in self depression. now forgive me for being so blunt as this may or may not offend some….but i have learned the hard way that it sometimes takes a punch to the face from a friend to remind you what’s really important in your life and and why your fighting in the first place! we need to be that friend and remind the Good Doctor why he started this in the first place and to continue to fight with passion! because we have his back and he is not alone in this struggle! some one needs to find him and confront him and find out whats REALLY going on….and bring him back to what he loves….to bring happiness and FUN to the WORLD!

[End Message]

• Misfit TS Ilia
    Participant

Lately when I think of Dr. Steel’s situation, I’m reminded of a quote from The Shawshank Redemption: hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I’ll keep on trying to improve the world little by little, but I’ll also keep hoping that one day he’ll be able to return.

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

A salute, afew notes of “the last post” and a uncertain sunset.
    Closure at last.

Time for a new begining.

The future is open.
    Long live the legacy.

(let’s have some fun with it)

Hail Steel In Memoriam.

• RyRy
    Participant

Doctor Steel proved to me over the years that we do not need to fit into the lines. And even today, he proves that to me with his hand writing

• Jade Valor
    Participant

dang…..every time i read the letter i hear his voice…sad and weary….i tear up every time….but maybe he might find his fire when he sees His Army of Toy Soldiers Clinging to all he taught us. RyRy is right we dont need to fit into the lines, and we need to keep proving that to the world! Well make the Utopian Playground Dr.Steel longed for!THE ARMY MARCHES ON!!

[End MEssage]

• Anthony
    Participant

I’m curious what the letter says after Dr. Steel’s signature.

• JET’s pretty straight forward… If it says anything, it’s probably only something personal to her and not directed at the Toy Soldiers, I’m sure that there’s nothing else though.
    Dr. Steel was a masterful wordsmith so reading the end of the letter, it looks very much like that is the end of his letter.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Probably a P.S. Along the lines of “If you’d be so good as to feed robot #4646 some extra mineral oil before powering him down during the night, otherwise he ends up chewing on doors.”

• I am Very Sad to hear that Commander
    I am Still Shocked and Suprised
    may he find happiness whereever he is staying

• Jack Raptor:

i was reading out loud at my office

• Evelfa
    Participant

Closure is what that letter is

• Col. Helix Narr
    Participant

I proud to be one of Dr. Steel’s Toy soliders! Doc, you gave me the hope, that this world can be a better place! Good luck Doc! I hop you get back your Power! And then ihope, we can help you to take over the world! And finally, Thanks for Commander JET, to shown us this letter! And good luck again, Doc!

• Aaron
    Participant

I wonder if the Curruirt Corruption in the US Government has something to do with this? Least that is what its seems. To me at least.

• Am I the only person who read that, made notes of all his misspellings, and noticed it spells the word “spies”? >.> I don’t know what it would mean, and I don’t know if my imagination is just running wild (the Good Doctor would have approved of that D:), but it’s a bit odd, to me. I still cling to the hope he’s out there somewhere, though.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Kayla the Buzzsaw Baby:
    Am I the only person who read that, made notes of all his misspellings, and noticed it spells the word

• Misfit TS Ilia
    Participant

I thought it was kind of funny, and at the same time kind of awesome, that a guy as brilliant as the Doc A) prints instead of writing in cursive, and B) made misspellings. I have to admit, I wondered briefly if the misspellings were there for a purpose… I never noticed that they spelled anything though!

• glystar
    Participant

It’s such a shame that he had to close down shop. Not only is he a great artist, but he’s a nice guy, too. I helped him get some of his music taken down from pirate websites, and he sent me a thank-you letter and some stickers. I’ve kept them both framed.
    I hope that he can brush off this nasty experience and pick up with his next interest. I think the most we can all do for him is wish him well and not forget what he gave us.

• general robert
    Participant

wow, dr.steel lives on in us all he is not dead he is not gone dont let him faid let him live thru us, the toy soldiers.

• Violet Oblivion
    Participant

Augh. Reading this and thinking about his retirement makes me so sad, especially because I never had the chance to know him or meet him or even be into his music while he was still active. I love his music and he seems like he an amazing man. I feel selfish, but I hope that he comes out of retirement some day.

• Fedak
    Participant

I remember emailing the good doctor once about a question regarding his music. He replied to me directly and directed me to the music that had inspired part of it. I wish I still had the passion and time and motive to remain a toy soldier, but alas, I no longer am the person I was 5 years ago when I joined.

One day, one year, we will conquer. It may be silent, but the experience with the doctor and TSU has shaped many of our lives, even if some of us no longer live and breath it daily. We will remember our time here, and our shared memories.

Toy Soldiers United!
    Doctor Steel for World Emperor!

Fedak
    Fedakius
    Various other names over the years.

• Kasandra T. Zavrie
    Participant

Yes, thank you Jet for sharing this letter. It sheds light on a lot of questions.

• Morgan Fogg
    Participant

Oh Dr Steel.
    You who have taught that creativity and the mind of the child is what is most important in life.
    You who have defied all your former masters to reach out to the slaves and inform them of such things as….
    Freedom of choice!
    Freedom of life!
    Freedom of creative right!
    Oh Dr steel…I would say remind them instead of inform but I do not wish to belittle anyone…..
    Oh Dr Steel…Who like the messiah must be stoned to death by the people not wishing us slaves to realize true freedom.
    Oh Dr Steel. You will always have a place in my heart…
    in my mind…
    in my SOUL!
    Oh Dr steel, I hope you are reading this, for it is something I think you truly need to read. To see, To understand…
    You are important to this awakening that is happening.
    You have been a catalyst for so many others awakening .
    I wont say that all have awakened because of you, BUT I will say that many have and are beginning to awake because of you, and this is important.
    For the world to truly awaken from the dream the majority must awaken. You have served to this end with all your being,.We could not ask for more. I SALUTE you DR steel. You have done what so few could.
    YOU have helped to awaken the masses. For this and this alone I will never forget you as long as I shall walk this earth. Do not feel like your efforts were in vain. Because your efforts are still rippling out into the cosmose where you dropped them.
    Much Love Dr steel. And I truly hope to all that is good and right in this fucked up world that you get to read this.

I Salute you. For what you have reminded me off.
    I Salute you. For what you have done with your sacrifices.
    I salute you.
    I Am a PROUD TOY SOLDIER!!
    And I SALUTE YOU!

Terry Rowley. AKA Raven…AKA Morgan Fogg!!
    Much Love Dear Doctor. Never forget. and NEVER SURRENDER!

• I actually cried. I don’t cry. That says something.Damn, I need cupcakes.

• Rosalinda Martin
    Participant

I remember reading this letter during the summer of last year (I believe it was) and I was very depressed by it. I had discovered Dr. Steel and became a toy soldier a year or so before but I had kind of lost touch with it after a while. When I read this letter I was going through my own hardships at the moment, but seeing this man with a vision having to make a choice like that just brought me even lower. I’ve since come out of that hole and today I rediscovered Dr. Steel. I had forgotten how much enjoyed his work. I had his “Dr.. Steel Show” episodes on my Zune player for a while but I never considered to think twice about the man behind the goggles. He was just “Dr. Steel” to me. Always there when I turned on the device.

But he still is. I will continue to listen to his music and keep in touch with TSU!

However, I respect his decision. And I rejoice in him being able to find peace away from prying eyes or whoever blacklisted him.

I thank you for being there while you were able to, Dr. Steel. I’m just sorry I had to drift away like I did.

We will miss you!

TSU Forever!

• Engineer Airhead
    Keymaster

My guess would be that his fans got him into legal trouble over the Dr. Horrible thing and forced him to give it all up. It’s the only logical conclusion I could make from the letter.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

@Erohiel said:
    My guess would be that his fans got him into legal trouble over the Dr. Horrible thing and forced him to give it all up. It’s the only logical conclusion I could make from the letter.

There’s a little bit more to it than that. In fact a lot more. 12 years is a long time for someone to attempt make it big independently. And I can guarantee you, that is what he tried.
    As one of the administrators of the site, I can guarantee you, there were NO legalities involving any Toy Soldiers. If there had been, even before his retirement, then that would have been addressed. Had it been the case, Toysoldiersunite.com would have been closed along with Doc’s own site.

In a career has wide ranging of media as Doc, there are factors, demographics, contracts, financial backers, lawyers (yuck) etc that take up resources, time, and more than ones own share of patience, and these along with perhaps any of his own personal circumstances are the reason for his retirement.

• Wow… believe it or not, I can relate. I too had a project I was forced to discontinue on account of invasions of privacy and assorted other nonsense. But I hope to return one day, stonger than before… and by the old gods and the new, I hope the good Doctor does the same.

The topic ‘A Letter from Dr.Steel!’ is closed to new replies.