A Cascadia Division??

Home Forums General Discussions A Cascadia Division??

  • This topic is empty.

A Cascadia Division??

    • Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

      Hey there fellow soldiers. I looked through the Division and Spec Ops threads and noticed there was no place specifically for those of us in Cascadia (British Columbia, Washington, and Oregon). Is there a Division for this and I somehow missed it? And if there is not a current Division, how can I go about making one? Thanks in advance.

      ~Constable Ad-Tavi

    • Lt. Easterling
      Participant

      It took me a while to read and browse through all of the groups and forum feed, though it was fun (since I only got registered yesterday). Also, in addition to Constable’s question, if I plan to start a new Special Int. group, but I don’t know anyone yet, should I just open a topic and wait till someone gathers around, so we have necessary 3 people? :D Also, where to open the topic? 
      My regards to everyone

    • Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

      Adtavi, you’re correct that there isn’t a division for that rough area. (Easiest way to check is using the Toy Soldier Map)

      To form a division, you’ll need to be active on the site (which you are) and 3 other members local to your proposed area who are also registered and active on TSU. More info can be found here in the F.A.Q.

      Mr The Hun, open up a thread in Where the Children Play or in General Discussions. Generally speaking, Spec. Ints are formed if a thread or topic has become extremely popular, and it becomes a ‘thing’ on TSU. Info for forming a Spec. Ints Division can be found here in the F.A.Q.

       

      It has been the case that divisions have been formed and then within a week they’ve gone dead never to pick up activity again. If you do decide to apply for division formation, the division leader is responsible of answering questions, keep the division active, and so forth.

    • Captain Dermut
      Participant

      @adtavi said:
      Hey there fellow soldiers. I looked through the Division and Spec Ops threads and noticed there was no place specifically for those of us in Cascadia (British Columbia, Washington, and Oregon). Is there a Division for this and I somehow missed it? And if there is not a current Division, how can I go about making one? Thanks in advance.
      ~Constable Ad-Tavi

      You can start looking at the map (http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/toy-soldier-army-map/) to see if there are any soldiers in the vicinity. if so start messaging them via the message option on their profile. If there aren’t others out there in the region you would like to cover, recruit your own friends, familie or local strangers you think might enjoy the army.

      As for starting a Division, there is a thread out there somewhere, but I too failed to located it at present or I’d hit you up with a link to that too. Basically t says this: You need three other solders to form a division, you need to be a member for more then a month. But I’d hold on for a little while yet, though, Some changes are (probably) coming that directly influence the local divisions.

      Thirdly: be patient. Setting up a division and running one takes some work and can be, but not neccicarily has to be, a lot of work. Keeping people involved and busy is not an easy thing especially with something as mercurial as us toysoldiers. Trust us on that.

      @muradthehun said:
      Also, in addition to Constable’s question, if I plan to start a new Special Int. group, but I don’t know anyone yet, should I just open a topic and wait till someone gathers around, so we have necessary 3 people? Also, where to open the topic? 

      Spec ops will, as far as I know not be subject to the upcoming change. First of all, check and double check if there isn’t any spec ops division out their that comes close too the topic you are willing to start a spec ops division about.

      Secondly check out the mission statement and make sure it is not something that (might) go(es) against it.

      I’m not sure if there is a 4 person minimum on the creation of a spec ops division, but it might not be a bad idea to check if there are others out there that would be interested in it. Posting a request on one of our Facebook pages or asking people in chat are a good way to start to measure interest in your topic of choice. Patience is recommended here too.

       

      For both of you goes the same final advice, Do not be afraid to ask other division leaders (or Jet and Dutch for that matter) for advice (and to verify these facts I’ve just given you).

       

      Any more questions? Don’t be afraid to ask. Answers will be forthcoming.

       

      You sincerely,

      Captain Dermut.

      *Salutes*

    • Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

      Beat ya to it! borg_assimilation_faces_gif

    • Lt. Easterling
      Participant

      Thank you, Gentlemen, it was very useful and helpful.
      Regards, Easterling

    • Captain Dermut
      Participant

      Yes you did Dutch, But just because mine was longer. Must have been pounding the keys at the same time.

    • Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

      @Sgt. Dutch said:
      Adtavi, you’re correct that there isn’t a division for that rough area. (Easiest way to check is using the Toy Soldier Map)

      To form a division, you’ll need to be active on the site (which you are) and 3 other members local to your proposed area who are also registered and active on TSU. More info can be found here in the F.A.Q.

      Mr The Hun, open up a thread in Where the Children Play or in General Discussions. Generally speaking, Spec. Ints are formed if a thread or topic has become extremely popular, and it becomes a ‘thing’ on TSU. Info for forming a Spec. Ints Division can be found here in the F.A.Q.

       

      It has been the case that divisions have been formed and then within a week they’ve gone dead never to pick up activity again. If you do decide to apply for division formation, the division leader is responsible of answering questions, keep the division active, and so forth.

      Thanks for the info. Now to just bribe a few Cascadians with some cookies….or hold them at Nerf point….or threaten with Tickle Bombs….okies…off to recruit. LOL

    • Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

      Okies, so I have found the prerequisite persons to form a division….so, now lies the question of what are some tips and tricks to help keep a division alive? I would hate to get one going and watch as it slowly fizzles away, so any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    • Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

      Okies, question here. As to setting up a division:

      1) I have the required number of people to start up the division. However, I am wondering about how to keep interest, what are some things that might work? I am thinking some meet-ups to first garner just how involved folks will be before diving into the full on responsibility of creating a division. I would not want to go to the trouble of creating a division if there will be little to no involvement.

      2) I would like to eventually have a division that encompases all of the Cascadia bioregion (Southern British Columbia, Northern Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and potentially parts of Northern California)…although I know that is also a big dream and most likely not a true reality. How big would be ideal to start off a division area…what is a good mile radius to use from the central point?

      Anywho, I have also pondered over the Nuking Your Division thread, and there is an insane amount of good advice there, much of which I have taken to heart. Is there any other advice that was not covered there that any of you would be willing to pass my way? Thanks in advance

      ~Constable Ad-Tavi

    • Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

      I would warn against biting off far more than you can chew. Remember, it’s great having lots of members in a division, but if you’re spread out to far, and no one has easy access to transportation to meet up and do stuff, you wont be able to accomplish much beyond meet ups online.

      Neighbouring counties is probably a good starting point as far as radius goes, but it really is dependent on the size, infrastructure and distance. There are no easy answers, so you’ll have to wing it. Just don’t go overboard.

    • Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

      Thanks Dutch!!

      Yeah, admittedly, I have a tendency to think big….so I wanna be sure I don’t go too overboard, hence the questions.

      I was also thinking maybe a few neighbouring towns/cities to start off with, and see how maintaining that goes before expanding any bigger.

      While it would be good to have a whole large region with sub-divisions….it is just a LOT of work, and would be bound to fall apart at some point.

      As I have gathered from many people who are far more seasoned in this kinda thing, they have said that small is a good place to start, do some local meet-ups, plan some fun events and PESTER the ever loving sense out of people to make sure they will attend. So, I am taking the advice to heart.

      After all, a division can be only 4 members and still be a division. cool

      Again, thanks for the insight.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.