#7th Mountain Regiment

Home Forums Divisions #7th Mountain Regiment

• This topic is empty.

#7th Mountain Regiment

• Commander JET
      Participant

The #7th Mountain Regiment
      http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/groups/7-mountain-regiment/

The Seventh Mountain Regiment is based in the Rocky Mountains of New Mexico and Colorado, based around the Universities of New Mexico, and the expatriate enclaves along the Colorado Front Range. Her members are adept in propaganda distribution, skilled at engineering and computing, and committed to a High Altitude Utopian Playland. While the mountains of New Mexico are low in population and culture, we strive onward to spread the Doctor’s Name and his Music and his Cause throughout the Rocky Mountains.

Located on the Internet at: http://septograph.meme-complex.com/
      TSU Forum Thread: http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/divisions/7th-mountain-regiment

–[Headquarters Company]–
      Regimental Officer: Geoff Nicholson, YellowJacket
      Head Nurse: Nurse Gemenon
      Chief Engineer: – – –
      Scoutmistress: Rioghnach

–[Northern Detachment]–
      Denver Lieutenant: Lt. Rothen
      Springs Lieutenant: Lt. Cogwright

Division Leader: Rev. Geoff Nicholson

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

The Seventh Mountain Regiment is based in the Rocky Mountains of New Mexico and Colorado, based around the Universities of New Mexico, and the expatriate enclaves along the Colorado Front Range. Her members are adept in propaganda distribution, skilled at engineering and computing, and committed to a High Altitude Utopian Playland. While the mountains of New Mexico are low in population and culture, we strive onward to spread the Doctor’s Name and his Music and his Cause throughout the Rocky Mountains.

Located on the Internet at: http://septograph.meme-complex.com/
      TSU Forum Thread: http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/divisions/7th-mountain-regiment

–[Headquarters Company]–
      Regimental Officer: Geoff Nicholson, YellowJacket
      Head Nurse: Nurse Gemenon
      Chief Engineer: – – –
      Scoutmistress: Rioghnach

–[Northern Detachment]–
      Denver Lieutenant: Lt. Rothen
      Springs Lieutenant: Lt. Cogwright

Which is to say…FIRST POST!!eleven!!!1!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Greetings High-Altitude Soldiers!

This is a call-out to those of you in the Denver area: Lt. Rothen and Soldier Bella will be having a little Toy Soldier Day shindig at Pita Grill (911 E. Colfax Ave, near Ogden). Come on out, bring some Propaganda, and have a chill evening!

And to those of you in the Albuquerque area, good to have seen everyone at the VNV Nation show last night, and to Scout Bells who is new to the area, a transplant from Michigan!

ONWARD! To a Utopian Playland!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Welcome to the Hight Altitude Playland, @stitches!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

There is an opening in the regimental command for a Charge Nurse (aka head nurse). Please PM me if you are interested.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I’ve secured us a booth for ACE, but I’m not sure what to put in it!?

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Greetings Mountaineers!

Um, maybe we shouldn’t use that sobriquet again…Anyway.

Greetings! It is my honour today to welcome to our illustrious corps the following soldiers!

Toy Soldier Elizabeth “WingNut” Banks @ladywingnut
      Robin Lynn @midnite

and our very own Denver Lieutenant:
      Lt. Rothen Nathaniel Ratchet @Gregory

Welcome back!

• Anomaly Con Invasion

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Magnificent!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Oh, dear. 102 days old? Not bloody likely! Back to the top, with a hats off to our newest members! @jebish and @tinkerist

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

*dusts off the desk, changes the furnace filters*

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Welcome to Captain Grahahm, and a belated welcome to Agent Steve

Apparently the hamsters which run the email server had taken a kip on the job, so I did not get notification of the new members, so didn’t have an opportunity to welcome them officially until now.  So welcome!!!

And on a similar note of welcoming and happiness, any plans for the Steelmas Season?  Any toy brigades which need our special brand of cheer?  Any toy drives which could use our expertise? Share them in comments!

• SSG Midnite
      Participant

Is anyone interested in joining up at AnomalyCon on March 29-31? The theme this year is ”All Things Punk”. I’ll have a booth selling all kinds of stuff, so you’d be more than welcome to use our booth as a Base of Operations.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Oo! AnomalyCon sounds like fun!  I like supporting new cons, but I can’t tell… what is going to be happening?  They’ve not got their programming schedule up yet… but if it’s like last year’s stuff, it could be cool.

‘Course, now I gotta figure out if I’ve got the time off…

(you can never go wrong with kraken…)

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Greetings Soldiers!

I’ve updated the webpage, and migrated to WordPress; hopefully that’ll help with the posting of content, rather than the lovingly hand-crafted artisanal blogging platform that I had been using (manual CSS bashing, with no RSS).  Find the new page at http://septograph.meme-complex.com/7

And also, for the soldiers in the northern reaches, I will be invading the Sparkfun AVC in Boulder the weekend of 8 June.  This little engineering event is hosted by the local electronics developer and supplier Sparkfun (who supply a lot of the project ideas at the Hackerspace) and is an autonomous vehicle competition.  Who can say no to robots?

Onward!

• Insane Nurse Chimo
      Participant

is your regiment around collbran colorado?

• Nurse Gemenon
      Participant

@Chimo Luna Zodiark said:
      is your regiment around collbran colorado?

As Collbran is in the Rocky’s and closer to Denver than Salt Lake City- I would say ‘yes’. But, as I don’t know Colorado well, I’m not sure how the “Colorado Front Range area” relates to your town. Perhaps get in touch with our own Denver Lieutenant: Lt. Rothen Nathaniel Ratchet @Gregory

:cool:

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Hi Hi Hi!

Sorry for the lack of timely response here. I’m frequently not aware of things, which is why I have a wonderful command staff! (Thanks for for fielding the question, Head Nurse Gemenon!)  The specification for the Front Range is mostly to facilitate easy access to the invasions in the Conurbation stretching from Cheyenne, WY south to Pueblo, CO.  It looks like you’re about 4 hours from Denver, which to any long-time resident of the Mountain West is peanuts… Welcome to the Division!

And to reiterate, congrats to Nurse Gemenon, who recently volunteered to be our Head Nurse.  I’m also looking for a Chief Engineer too, so if you’re in the TSU Engineering corps and interested in a deputy position, let me know!

• Nurse Gemenon
      Participant

September Mission: Rough & Tumble!

September 21st, 9:00 pm (doors at 8:30pm) ~ Roller Skate City Albuquerque, NM

ALERT! ALERT! NEW TIME, HOME TEAM AND VENUE!

Duke City Derby showdown between Albuquerque’s very own Dooms Dames and Santa Fe’s Disco Brawlers.

TSU Uniforms or Dooms team colors encouraged.

• SSG Midnite
      Participant

There is a new convention here in the Denver Metro area. MaL Con, Myths and Legends, is taking the place of BrethrenCon. Is there any interest in having a bit of an invasion with us? The major fandoms being represented are LoTR, Dr. Who, MLP, Pirates, Harry Potter, and Firefly. I think this might be a fun chance to get out and spread the word about Toy Soldiers.

If you want any information, feel free to contact me at: [email protected] and I’ll get you any of the information you want/need.

SSG Midnite

• Cpt. Mick
      Participant

MaL Con sounds like extreme fun! Maybe we can plan an invasion for this convention? Also, I’m an unofficial soldier of this division, but mayhaps I can gather some other fellows to invade Nan Desu Kan? We could pass out flyers, give stickers, or do the photo challenge. Or why not all three!!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Sounds fun! When is it?

• Cpt. Mick
      Participant

Nan Desu Kan is the 13-15 of September and MaLCon is the 27-29 of September as well!

• Cpt. Mick
      Participant

I would like to know if we should plan for an invasion for NDK? I’m good to set it all up if someone is unsure about NDK or nervous about the surrounding area? I’m terribly excited, just not sure about if anyone else is coming along?

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I’m unfortunately not going to be able to make NDK this year, which makes me sad, since I used to enjoy making the drive up with a bunch of folks.  However, I’m going to be busy that weekend, so unable to make it.

Anyone else interested in going?

• Nurse Gemenon
      Participant

Hey kids- Our September Mission is only 2 days away!

September Mission: Rough & Tumble!

September 21st, 9:00 pm (doors at 8:30pm) ~ Roller Skate City Albuquerque, NM

Duke City Derby showdown between Albuquerque’s very own Dooms Dames and Santa Fe’s Disco Brawlers.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

See y’all there, reppin’ both Doomsdames AND TSU!

• Scouter715
      Participant

Hello Im Jon i do a podcast weekly of a random division its called robot attack and I just did yours here is the link to listen http://shele001.podomatic.com/entry/2013-09-26T13_13_24-07_00 the podcast is called robot attack facebook link here – https://www.facebook.com/RobotAttack712 and lastly forums http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/general-discussions/robot-attack-new-radio-show#p23033 enjoy :)

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Glad tidings to the Mountaineers of the Seventh Regiment!  After collaboration with the moderators, our grand division is now available to be selected in the ID generator! (Apparently, the name was too long, so wouldn’t fit on the line until it was fixed).

And in other happy news, the invasion went well, with the Doomsdames winning the bout 195 to 136.  I got mistaken for being in charge, again, but was able to help out the Refs and the Merchants get their stuff sorted out.  Hooray Stuff!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

GREETINGS COMRADES!
      I’d like to announce yet another Duke City Derby bout, where I’ll be repping TSU, because my favourite team the Dooms Dames are playing again; this time they’ll be facing down the local Hobotsfor the League Championship.

Come out to the Heights Community Center (Buena Vista & Coal SE in Albuquerque) at 3pm on this coming Saturday (16 November) for a single-match bout outside (so dress warm).

(Yeah. Derby is sort of a thing…)

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

So three months sounds like a good interval on posting here.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Steelsgiving, Steelmas, and are getting prepared for good ol’ Corporate Affection Day tomorrow. So, also, happy new year to everyone.

I forgot what else I was going to say, but yeah.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Happy Belated Toy Soldier Day!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I accidentally the division website. Turnip.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

In the interim, before I get the website up and running again…

It looks like there will be a big concert in December in Denver; Skinny Puppy, Habbujob, and VNV Nation. Anyone up for making it a road-trip?

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I fixed the website!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Happy New Year everybody. And now Happy February!

• Scoutess Faust
      Participant

Hello fellow soldiers of a higher altitude,

I will be moving from Wisconsin to Boulder, Co in just over a month. Wanted to put some feelers out to see if you were in need of a new scout in the area to help spread our favorite kind of propaganda.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Hooray, and hell yeah!

Welcome to our verdant slopes, and Boulder is a beautiful town to invade. Welcome to the Seventh Regiment, and the High-Altitude Utopian Playland!

*salute*

@Scoutess Faust said:

Hello fellow soldiers of a higher altitude,

I will be moving from Wisconsin to Boulder, Co in just over a month. Wanted to put some feelers out to see if you were in need of a new scout in the area to help spread our favorite kind of propaganda.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

drnk_gif
      Here’s hoping everyone had a Glorious Solstice, a Happy Hogswatch, and a Joyous New Year!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

A belated wish for the great holiday which reminds us what we are the other 364 days of the year: April Fool’s Day!296

Viewing 39 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.